Chapter 8

My Life in 180 Degrees!

“Why aren’t you answering your phone?” Kai was annoyed as he was trying to call someone. Sehun saw him and greeted him. “Hey!” he exclaimed.

“Oh, have you seen Junhee? I’ve been trying to reach her but she isn’t answering my calls.” Kai explained astride to call again for Junhee.

“I think she went with Kyungsoo hyung. If I’m not mistaken they just went to buy food to bring at Shinhye noona’s place tonight.”

“How come she didn’t tell me?”

“I’ll try to reach Kungsoo hyung to see if their together.” Sehun then called Kyungsoo. “Hyung are you with Junhee?”

“Yes, why?” Kyungsoo answered at the other end of the line.

“Put her on the phone. Kai wants to talk to her.” Sehun then gave his phone to Kai.

“Why?” Junhee then asked Kai on the phone.

“Why haven’t you been answering your phone?”

“I think my phone’s not working. Sorry. Is there something you want to tell me?”

For a moment Kai thought why he needed to see Junhee urgently. He has nothing to tell her. Again he asked himself why in the first place was he calling her and for some reason he doesn’t know why. All he knows is he wanted to see her. Junhee and Kai were spending less time with each other than they used to be.

“Kai are you still there” Junhee asked as Kai was not answering her.

“Oh.” He paused and blurted out. “Why did you not tell me you were going to buy food, I could gone with you.”

“You had a class a while ago and Kyungsoo offered to go with me. Is that all you wanted to say?”

“I forgot what I had to say.” He responded. “Anyways, let’s all meet up before we go to Shinhye noona.” With that Kai ended the call and gave Sehun back his phone.

“Gosh I thought you had something urgent to tell her.” Sehun teased Kai.

“I forgot okay!” Kai exclaimed defensively.

 

“What did he say” Kyungsoo asked Junhee.

“He said he forgot what it was.” She paused and Junhee let a smile out of her face. Oh Kai.”

“Why?”

“Well Kai and I have been friends for a long time and we used to spend a lot of time with each other all the time. These past few months after being friend you guys I haven’t spent much time with him. It must be weird for him.”

“Oh, Sorry. Do you think he’s mad at me because you’re with me?” Kyungsoo asked with his eyes wide open. He was worried. Although they are friends Kyungsoo as a shy guy is a bit intimidated with Kai. He had a strong impression and a very outspoken person compared to him. He was worried if he’s making Kai uncomfortable hanging out with his best friend. He does not want Kai to think that he’s stealing Junhee from him.

It was true that Kyungsoo had been spending time with Junhee since the performance they had. She was the first girl that he had been close with his shy personality aside from of course Shinhye. True enough if it wasn’t for the music festival he would not be close friends with her. Besides aside from Sehun, she’s the the only person he was comfortable hanging out with. Although he really enjoys her company, he had no intentions on replacing Kai as Junhee’s best friend. He likes how all of them are friends with each other.

“Don’t worry about that. Once he get used to hanging out with you guys he’d be easy to deal with. By the way we should meet up with them so that all of us can go to Shinhye noona’s place all together.”

“Where we’ll be meeting them?”

“Just text one of them to meet in front of my house.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kris entered their room and saw Shinhye siting at the end of her bed. She seemed like thinking about something so deep. She looks so worried. Kris sat down beside her and lost in her thoughts Shinhye did not recognize Kris’ presence. She was shocked as Kris got her attention when he held her hands.

“What were you thinking?” Kris asked with concern. For years he had not seen Shinhye so lost and worried. Seeing her like that hurts him.

 In Shinhye’s case, with people around her seemed to always keep her out of danger, she did not worry at all. That was before she knew the truth. She never knew how much in danger she was and never understood why she had to be protected. Now even though she knew she was in danger, she was more worried of the people around her. She then remembered her encounter with his biological father.

As his father turned to face her heart was beating fast. Once his father had faced her, he gave her a sweet smile. Tears started to run down on his cheeks yet he still managed to say. “You’ve grown so well and aside from keeping you safe that’s all I could ever wish for.” He struggles to complete his statement as he wipes his tears in between his statement. With that tears started to flow from Shinhye’s eyes as well.

“Is it okay if I hold you for a while?” her father cannot control his feelings at the moment. He wanted to hold his daughter even just for once. Although he knew that it would be impossible he was so overwhelmed and cannot keep it to himself.

Shinhye wanted to move but somehow she just stood there crying. She managed to walk slowly to her father and nodded. His father rushed to him and hugged her tight. Shihye’s cries became louder and hugged her father back.

“I’m sorry my daughter for everything. Especially for sending you away but it was the only I could think of to keep you safe.” Shinhye just shook her head. She felt happy meeting her father and hearing his sincere apology of everything even though she knew it was not entirely his fault. He had his reasons.

After the father and daughter stopped crying Shinhye asked his father his version of the story and his father had no choice but to reveal the truth to her. His version coincide with what Woobin and his father had been telling her all the time but one thing that her father revealed was why he was living the life he’s been living.

His father is now owns one of the biggest corporations of the country. The thing is many were against him because of how he acquired the corporation. Maru- Shinhye’s father- was a legitimate child. He had two brothers, one was older and the other was younger than him. Both were sons from the legal wife who died when they were young. The conflict within their family began when his father handed down the ownership of the corporation. His father entrusted the corporation to him rather than his older brother and it was a big issue not only in their family but in the corporation world as well. At that time was also when the family secret was revealed that he was an illegitimate child.

Maru had no intensions of inheriting anything from his dad as he was earning more than enough for himself. He knew for some reason that he was different from his brothers and had a feeling that he was an illegitimate child of his father. Since they were young he did not want to depend on his family and tried to earn on his own. He had also a good relationship with everyone even with his brothers before they knew of his secret. When the secret was out, he was more devastated on how his brothers acted, though he expected it already. He cannot believe how dirty his older got just to get the corporation.

His father still fought for him to own the corporation. It turn out that his first son, knowing that he’ll definitely inherit the corporation made illegal transactions with other networks that will eventually endanger the corporation. Unfortunately his younger brother decided to join the first son after knowing that Maru was an illegitimate child.

His father stood by him and used all his power to save the corporation from his first son. Seeing how much his father trusted him and wanted to save all of his father’s hard work he helped his father. He accepted the responsibility and danger of owning the corporation. He had no idea that it protecting his father’s hard work would come to the extent of him sacrificing almost everything he has.

Seeing his daughter once again made him realize how much he had given up for his father. At that moment he felt sorry for his father as he starts to regret all of this but he then remembers that his father only had him.

Before they parted he wanted to know what Shinhye would like to do now and tried to present some options to her. With the succeeding weeks they have been meeting often to discuss everything thoroughly and Shinhye decided to help his father. He just asked her for one thing and that’s to be safe and if possible try to live the life she wants. At the moment they agreed to let her train for self-defence. She insisted to stop schooling for a while as she was worried that many people will get hurt.

Maru was aware that by now his brother might know the existence of his daughter. They must hide her as much as possible from them as she starts to prepare herself if ever she had to face them.

“Shinhye, they’re here.” Woobin said peeping through the room.

The two still stayed with Woobin with the security being tighter than before. It was still the best option at the moment.

“Oh okay we’ll be there in a minute.” Shinhye then stood up but Kris stopped her for a moment.

“What’s wrong?” Kris asked as he was not answered a while ago.

“Don’t worry about it. “ Kris did not let it go and asked again.

“It’s just that I’ll miss everyone.” Shinhye finally admitted. Yes this will be a farewell party as Shinhye will be moving away for a while.

“We’ll see them again.” He comforts her.

“We, who said you’ll come with me?”

“I did we need him.” Woobin interrupted. Before Shinhye could protest Woobin shut her saying

“Everyone’s waiting for you guys!”

The two came out of the room and greeted their guest. They still don’t know that it will be a farewell party. They played games, chatted in between and of course ate food. Everyone had a great time. Before the day ends Shinhye decide to let everyone know that she’ll be away for a while.  With some rumours regarding Shinhye being the daughter of Maru started weeks after the incident the guys confirmed why she had to stay away for a while. She then tried to relate the story as short as possible.

“We’ll see each other again!” Shinhye exclaimed to lighten up the mood. “Okay now let’s play one last game before some of you goes home.” She then suggested.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kris was helping Woobin set up for Shinhye’s first training and remembered something. “I haven’t heard what happen to jaehyun after the attack.”

“Well it was hard at first tracking him weeks after the attack. Luckily before we got here, we got his address and now he is in good hands.”

“Hyung kindly elaborate.” A paranoid Kris will not be satisfied with this answer, a thought that Woobin suddenly remembers.

“As you can remember he got out of the fight scene earlier luckily someone from our side followed him but he was too fast for him. He was last seen in an old apartment and from then on we started tracking where he went. He must have noticed as moved from one place to another before we could catch him. He was about to get out of the country fortunately we caught him before he could get away. He’s now in one of our headquarters being interrogated.

“Do you also torture him?”

“God! No! It’s not like what you usually see in movies. We still value human rights and we abide by the laws. We are interrogating him to see who was behind the attack. He is very stubborn and until now he doesn’t want to speak.”

With that Shinhye arrived at the gym where she was about to train. Woobin remembered that he forgot something and left the two for a while to get it. Shinhye decide to help Kris set up the rest. She tripped on a rope and Kris caught her. They looked into each other’s eyes and Kris let go of her. He suddenly felt awkward around her. Shinhye noticed this behaviour of his after the farewell party.

It was now Kris turn to answer the question as the monkey popped out of the barrel when he inserted the knife in.

“Can I ask the question pleas?” Sehun pleaded. “I’ve wanted to ask this to Kris hyung but apparently he’s been so lucky not being caught.” He was so desperate.

“Okay what is it?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Hyung did you ever had feelings for Shinhye noona?” Kris froze with his question and tries hard to hide it. Everyone protested with this question still had the perception of the two being real siblings. Everyone except Woobin and the look on his face as he waits for Kris to answer gave the impression he already knows the answer. Shinhye just laughed as Sehun was hit by the rest. She knows that Kris sees her his real sister nothing more that hat but does he? “Hear me out, I mean he knew that she was not his sister, I was just wondering.”Sehun defended.

“Oppa you don’t need to answer the question if you don’t want to.” Junhee was being considerate as always.

“You, seriously!” Kyungsoo hit Sehun.

For them it was kind of a ridiculous question. They also considered the fact that Sehun’s being a little bit insensitive. With that they decided to continue the game. Woobin called out Kris to help him with something as the rest continued the game.

“I want you to promise me something so that I could let you join us while she’s training.” Woobin requested.

“What is it?”

“Sort out your feelings for her.”

Preview:

In attempt to help Kris sort his feelings for Shinhye, Woobin tries to make him jealous. Though he had feelings for her, there are more important things for him. Kris seemed to be the best choice if he had to choose for her. He can see how he loves Shinhye. Meanwhile Shinhye is getting worried Kris being awkward around her. It seems he’s getting out of her reach and it bothers her a lot.