Chapter 1

My Life in 180 Degrees!

"Please wait, I'll be there in a second." Woobin rushes to the door. He was actually expecting Shinhye when he opened the door but strangely a dirty blonde guy slightly shorter than him. The guy looked confused as he saw Woobin opening the door. as Woobin soon finally realized why this guy was familiar to him, he heard somthing dropped. both of the guys looked at the lady who was on her way to the same appartment.

 

"What are you doing here!" Shinhye exclaimed as she put both of her hands on her head on disbelief of the sight before her. Though he changed a lot for the past two years, She could still recognize her little brother. He’s now towering his older sister and his features became sharper. The cute little boy that he left two years ago is now undeniable a handsome young man. 

"I..." The guy faced Shinhye and was oviously assessing the cituation before he continued what he was about to say."I went to your appartment, where you said were staying but it was being demolished. I asked around and someone told me you moved here." He then diverted his sight to Woobin who decided not to talk and let Shinhye handle this situation. He was hesitant to help Shinhye having known what her brother is like.

“We’ll talk about this later okay; since you are here I need you to help me with something.” Shinhye was trying to avoid any confrontation with the situation right now. She hopes that his brother will let it slide for the moment. “Leave your things here first and come with me. I really need your help.” She then tried to plead with her charms. She knows that it seldom works with Kris but she's taking her chances.

“Oh…” Chris wanted to know what was really going on but since his sister needs him at the moment he let it slide for the mean time. Though he had a feeling that she was trying the confrontation he misses him so much and just want to spend time with her. Shinhye then mouthed to Woobin that they’ll be back. Though Woobin and Shinhye had known each other for a year he already knows what the situation is.

Shinhye then grabbed Kris arms and quickly got out of the apartment building. “Did something happen at home that made you visit me?” Shinhye asked to divert Kris' curiosity.

“I did not come here to visit. I’m staying here with you.” They continue to stroll down the streets with Shinhye's embracing her little brother's arms. his arms are now muscular compared to the last time she saw him he was a little bit skinny. 

“What? How about your studies?” hearing that Kris will be moving in with her is a bit too much for her too handle right at the moment. “I’m studying in your school. I just graduated high school and you promised that we’ll be living together once I started college.” Kris explained with a little bit of irritation.

“I’m sorry, I forgot. There’s just so many things going on right now.” She looked into his eyes and she can see Kris is quite pissed off at the moment. She cannot blame him.  She knows she’s missing a lot ever since she moved in the city. During special events she couldn’t go home because she was too busy working and studying also to support her family. Kris had been complaining a lot about it and they even quarreled once because she couldn’t come home for thanks giving. Fortunately Kris became more understanding and waited patiently until he can be reunited with his beloved sister.

“Kris, I’m really sorry, I will really make it up to you okay?” Shinhye tighten her grip to his arms and made him look at her and sincerely apologizes to his brother. Kris always gave up to his sister when she does that. 

“Okay, okay.”

“How about I take you anywhere you want to go right now, oh? Let’s have a night date? Just tell me what you want to do now?” she excitedly suggested.

“Buy me a meal? I’m hungry.” he chicly requested.

“Okay, let’s go!”

Shinhye took Kris to eat beef Chris’ favorite food and they both enjoyed the meal. Though it was expensive she really wanted to treat her brother and got money from her savings. There was silence as they both were concentrated in eating.

“Thank you for the meal but you know that eventually I’ll be asking about what happen a while ago?” Kris was really being serious. “And don’t you dare lie to me.” He emphasizes.

Shinhye knows that when he confronts his brother she cannot lie. He knows her very well and is really a terrible liar. “The place where I used to stay suddenly kicked us out and I did not have enough time to find a new place." She paused and look at his eyes assessing how he would react. He was still intently listening with his hands intertwined together and a seriuos glare at his sister." Woobin, the guy you met a while ago offered me his place until a find a new place to move in. Since you are here we’ll be staying with him for the moment. He is the one I’ve been telling you who is really a great friend of mine so you don’t have to worry.” As she proceeds with her explation, Shinhye was wondering why Kris is not bothered by what she said and waited for his response.

“How long have you’ve been there?” he just asked.

“I just moved in. I stayed with Junhee for a few days. Her roommate went travelling so she offered her place for the time being. Her roommate came in yesterday so I had to move out.”

“So we’ll move out soon as we find a place to live in right?’

“Yes…”

“Okay, I can live with that for the moment.” He said calmly.

As surprised as she is with her brother’s unusual response, she was grateful that Kris did not make a big deal out of it. She was relieved that Kris was being understanding with their situation.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kris was about to move his things in Shinhye's room when Woobin interrupted him. “This is Shinhye's room. This is mine.” Woobin points the room across Shinhye's room.

“I’ll be sleeping with my sister.”

“I know you’re siblings but…” Shinhye interrupted the two.

“Kris, it’s okay, take your things inside my room.” She then accompanied Kris to her room and helped him settle down.

“Aren’t you sleeping yet?” 

“You, aren't you sleeping?” He aks as his eyes were really tired and let out a yawn.

“Okay let’s sleep.”

Shinhye accompanied her brother to sleep. She took the bed while Kris took an extra mattress that was stored at the side of the room and laid it on the floor beside her sisters' bed. She laid down first and pretended to sleep so she can encourage her brother to rest also. Kris was so tired to assess whether she was really sleeping and laid down the bed.

“Shinhye, I’m glad I can be beside you again. I really missed you.” He said as he finally fell asleep. As soon as Kris fell asleep Shinhye went out of the room. She helped herself with a cup of hot chocolate in the kitchen.

“Has he fallen asleep?” Woobin asked whispering

“Yeah, by the way thank you so much. Don’t worry I’ll find a new place immediately.”

“It’s okay this place is big enough for the three of us. Tomorrow you tell him to share the room with me. I know you’re siblings but still he’s a guy. You should not be sleeping together.” Woobin said with concern.

“It’s not like we’re sharing the same bed. He laid the other mattress on the floor and that’s where he sleeps. I’m really surprised that he did not make a big deal out of this and just understood the situation so I try to avoid anything that would upset him at the moment.” she took a sip of her hot chocolate as she recalled how Kris was handling the situation a while ago.

"If I had a sister I would also be protective of her but not to that extent." Woobin stated. 

Shinhye and Woobin met about year ago and they have been great friends ever since. She mentioned Kris and how their relationship as brother and sister is but she haven't told what was the reason behind Kris' obsession of protecting her. She felt that she had to tell him now since they will be living together for a while and she doesn't even know how long they will be staying in his appartment.

"When I was fifteen years old. I was on my way home when a group of people tried to harm me. they had a van and covered my mouth i quickly fainted. Luckily when i woke up i was home safe. My dad told me that Kris saw when I was being dragged into a van and called help immediately. Kris thought I was dead and he was really mad at himself because we were suppose to go home together. He went home earlier because I had to help to prepare a friend for something. My dad had to explained to him that I just fainted because of what they put in the handkerchief that they used to cover my nose and mouth." Shinhye explained as she tried to recall the memories but failed. "Honestly i really cannot remember it well." she admitted.

"Did you know who those people were and why did they try to take you?" Woobin was now seated next to her and was really curious.

"No..." she was flusterred with Woobin's question. She then questioned why they did not try to find who those people were and why they did it. She looked at Woobin and said "I guess we tried to forgot the incident and moved on but that was the time when Kris started to change. at first i did not really understand why and dad explained to me how kris felt with the incident. Dad told me to be understanding.He then started to act like he was older than me and for some reason I felt safe so we became accustommed to it."

As she narrates this to Woobin he remembered the day when Kris last called her noona. 

Shinhye heard a a crying boy. "NOONA! NOONA! WAKE UP! NOONA WAKE UP! PLEASE!" Kris was crying beside Shinhye. He was shaking her arms begging her to wake up. She started to open her eyes slowly. "She's opening her eyes Kris, see." Their dad said to Kris and he stopped crying for a while to see Shinhye and when he saw her waking up he hugged her so tight and cried again for his noona. Shinhye was weak at the moment but managed to hug Kris back. "Kris I think she needs to rest for a while." Their father persuaded Kris to let Shinhye sleep as she was really exhausted.

The succeeding days Shinhye was not feeling well. She has been excused in school; her father explained what happened and tried to keep it private to avoid psychological damage to Shinhye once she started to resume her daily routine. Most of the time she just sleeps and Kris took care of her. For some reason, Kris was starting to act strange and stopped calling her noona instad he calls her by her name and treats her as his dongsaeng. Shinhye would ask him why is he acting weird but Kris dismisses her and just focused on attending her needs. Shinhye then asks their dad while they were alone and fortunately Kris was not home. Their dad explains as he also tries to asses how Shinhye really was after the incident. 

"How are you darling?" her father finally asked.

"I'm actually fine dad. It's just that I feel tired these days but I feel better now." Shinhye was actually fine psychologically and her dad trusted her words.

"If you want to talk about what happen we're here for you okay?" He holds her daughters hand and kissed it. "Or if you want we can just forget about the incedent if that's easier for you."

"Thanks dad."