Chapter 13

My Life in 180 Degrees!

Author’s note:

First of all I would like to apologize for this late update. Since my last update, I had been receiving a lot of love for this story and I was really overwhelmed by it. I really wanted to update as soon as I can but I wanted it to be good. I read a lot before I wrote this update. I wanted to make a good chapter with this because of how grateful I was with all the love I was receiving. I really tried my best and this is the longest update I have so far. I do not know if this is the best one but I really tried. Honestly I am not satisfied with this one as you guys deserve the best. I will try to improve with the succeeding chapters. I hope you still enjoy this update and I would love to hear what you think as well. I apologize for the technical mistakes as I really do not want to keep you waiting. Again, thank you so much for all the love and no words can express how much I am grateful for all of you.

 

 

 

 

 

“Where are you going?” Kris asked as he rubbed his eyes.

Unfortunately Shinhye still woke up Kris. She was trying to leave a note on the side table of the couch. Kris was so tired the night before that he just decided to sleep on the couch. “I was just trying to leave a note in case you try to look for me.” Shinhye said quietly to Kris who was now sitting upright still half awake. Kris arms s around Shinhye’s waist and rested his head on her stomach. Shinhye was a little bit surprised but just let it slip

“Just give me five minutes. I’ll get ready and come with you.” Kris pleaded.

“I’m going to meet my father today and you have to get ready to meet up with Woobin in about half an hour.”

Kris almost forgot that he had to meet Woobin to process their papers on getting back to school. Woobin went earlier to get the corrected documents of Shinhye declaring her real identity. The three of them were definitely continuing their studies now that everything seems to be getting better. University starts in less than a month and there were a lot of papers to be processed since the three of them had to leave school in the middle of the school year. Shinhye still had to deal with finishing the final trials of their family cases so Kris and Woobin took care of her papers.

“Can’t I just come with you?” Kris lifted head, now looking up to Shinhye.

“Maybe some other time, okay? I want to spend time with them for a while.”

Shinhye and Kris stayed in Woobin’s apartment since they got back. Maru was afraid that forcing his daughter to live with them would scare her and things are still unstable yet so he decided it was better for Shinhye to stay in Woobin’s apartment. Time to time Shinhye would visit Maru and her grandfather and she would accompany her father for the trials on their family cases. Shinhye, Maru and his grandfather cherish each time they spend together. For Maru he doesn’t want to rush things and is very grateful of these moments where they could spend time together and hoping that these conflict with their family gets settled as soon as possible so that he could be more involved with his daughter’s life.

Kris understood how important this transition period for Shinhye. It is an important stepping stone in her life and also a step ahead in moving forward with all the things that happened to her. He is happy with how the things are getting better and hopes all the best for her. With the possibility that a lot of changes are bound to happen in Shinhye’s life he’s a bit worried about their relationship. Shinhye is now spending a lot of time with her family and hopefully be with them the rest of her life. Before Kris was considered as one of her family members but now Kris is Shinye’s significant other. As she spends more time with her family Shinhye spend less time with Kris. Kris knows there is nothing he can’t do about it at the moment but to support her.

“I rarely spend time with you.” Kris whined resting his head again on her stomach and not letting Shinhye go.

“Kris we live in the same house we practically see each other every day.”

“I know I just see you every day but we rarely spend time together.” Kris tighten his grip on Shinhye’s waist he just missed her so much.

Shinhye was silent for a moment. She just realized that it’s been a long while since they spend time together. Since they got back, she was so busy attending to their family affairs.

When Shinhye did not respond Kris tried to reason out. “I’m sorry. I know how this is important for you. I’ll wait.”

Shinhye was really grateful how understanding Kris has been. “I promise after we’ll catch up after all of this is over.”  Her hands both held Kris face to look at her and she lightly peck his lips to say thanks. “I really need to go.”

Kris did not let go of his grip yet. “You know that I’ll need more than that to let you go.” Kris was clearly not satisfied with what he got.

Shinhye rolled her eyes and gave him another one before Shinhye can pull back Kris right hand held one of Shinhye’s cheeks and pressed his lips harder on her. Shinhye groaned but she knew fighting back would do nothing so she just gave in. They shared a long sweet kiss and Kris made sure that he conveyed his longing for his beloved.

“I’ll see you later.” Shinhye kissed the top of Kris head before finally going out of the apartment.

 

“Hi dad, grandpa.” Shinhye greeted her family members as she entered her Grandfather’s room before Maru and Shinhye attend the trial.

“Come and sit with us darling.” Her grandfather said and asking her to sit beside his bed.

“Soon all these things will be over and a lot of things change. Your grandfather and I wanted to know what your plans are. I have a small company aside from the one your grandfather owns that has been distributed. If you want to manage that I can send you abroad to study management. This is only an option if you don’t have anything in mind. ”Maru informed his daughter of all the options that he wanted to offer to his daughter. They also handed her documents of her financial assets and properties given to her in case she might not want to enter into business.

“Well, I haven’t thought about it much but as of the moment I wanted to continue my studies and finally get to decide my major this semester. Since I was a kid I wanted to do something related to performing arts. If it’s okay with you I would like to continue my studies with the university I attended.”

“We would want you to decide on your own and support you in everything you do. You’ll always have us and if that’s what you wanted to do we’ll always be there for you. I guess you got those talents from your mother. I would like to see you perform one day.”

Shinhye smiled to his father and her grandpa. Her grandpa took Shinhye’s hand and squeezes it tight. He weakly smiled at her.

 

“Woah what are you doing here?” Woobin eyes widen as he spotted a black haired with full bangs approaching them before they entered the school grounds.

“Just help me with this.” The girl slapped the folder she was holding on Woobin’s chest strong enough for Woobin to step back.  She then eyed Kris from head to toe over and over.

Kris was taken aback seeing this situation in front of him. He hasn’t seen Woobin react this way since he met him. When his eyes met with the girl, he just bowed at her and the girl did the same in response.

“Why are you transferring here?” Woobin yelled annoyingly at the girl after studying the papers he was just handed. He cannot believe that this is actually the new assignment his father was telling him before. “When dad said that I will be having a new assignment, I thought it would be a real assignment not you!”

“You don’t tell me what to do and don’t yell at me. For your information I am not that assignment.” The girl yelled in response.

Though the girl is small compared to Kris and Woobin she definitely handles herself well and making Kris a little bit scared of her. Kris held back Woobin when he was about to say something again and Woobin forgot that Kris was with him.

“You know him?” the girls asked Woobin about Kris. She again scanned Kris.

“We came together can’t you see?” Woobin snapped at her.

“I can see that. What I don’t understand is why he is with you?”

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“He’s pretty normal and you’re not. Why is he with you?”

“I am not dealing with you right now. Let’s just go.” Woobin lead the way as they entered the University to process there papers.

Woobin was busy talking with the guidance councillor and the two sat in silence. The girl felt really awkward and decided to break it. “I’m Eunji by the way. You’re perfectly normal. Can you just explain why you’re with that psycho?” She felt how uncomfortable Kris was with her. “I don’t bite just so you know.”

Before Kris could answer Woobin was out of the guidance counsilor’s room and saw Eunji taking to Kris. “I forgot to warn you…”He was addressing this to Kris and Kris was now listening to him attentively. “… Don’t listen to anything she says.”

“Oh, please.” Eunji snapped. “I should warn him regarding you. You’re still rude as hell.  I had to introduce myself to him.” she added.

Woobin let out a loud sigh, obviously not wanting to deal with her and just gave in at the moment. “Kris this is Eunji my ever loving cousin who practically lives to annoy me.”

“Yup that’s me.” Eunji admitted with a mischievous smile. “I just can’t live without annoying him. Sorry.” She added giving Kris a big smile.

Woobin introduced Kris as the son of a well-known agent.

“Oh gash, I am completely honoured to meet you.” Eunji bowed to Kris in 90 degrees.

“Is she normally like this?” Kris asked in confusion to Woobin.

“You do not want to know.”

“Hyung?” a familiar voice exclaimed in the hall way as the three of them walked outside the administration area. The three of them turned to check who it was.

“Oh, Sehun.” Kris smiled to greet his friend.

“You’re back.” He said when he finally reached the three.

“Yeah, were just processing our papers to get back to school this year.” Woobin added.

“What are you doing?” Kris asked Sehun as he got his phone and tried to call somebody.

“I’ve got to tell the others. We have to celebrate!” Sehun then informed the others and they decided to throw a small party at Woobin’s apartment.

 

“Don’t you have a pace to stay?” Shinhye heard Woobin asked from the living room. Shinhye got back earlier than she used to and was in her room when she heard that Woobin opened the front door and was bickering with somebody. She then got out of the room to see what’s going on in the living room.

“I just got here and haven’t looked for a place to stay and your dad said I could stay here for a while.” Eunji argued. Eunji heard a door open and turned to see who was in the apartment.

“Shinhye unni?”

“Eunji?”

Eunji then rushed to Shinhye and gave her a very tight hug. “It’s so nice to see you. By the way why are you here?”

“They know each other?” Kris asked Woobin.

“Yeah, she visited me sometimes and I introduced her to Shinhye.

“Woobin offered his place for us to stay.” Shiinhye responded to Eunji.

“Of course he would, wait don’t tell me you’re dating and living together?”

“No, it’s a long story we’ll talk about it later. How come you only visited just now?”

Eunji narrated that she will be staying with them for a while until she finds her own place. Her father wanted to continue her studies as well and decided that it would be nice to send her to the same school Woobin is attending. The girls also had a chat on regarding Shinhye’s life at the moment. Eunji was part of the protection program for Shinhye but mostly they don’t see each other since she was destined to another place.

“By the way there’s going to be a party tonight.” Eunji informed

“Party?” Shinhye asked in confusion.

“You know you weren’t supposed to be invited.” Woobin snapped on Eunji.

“Yeah well the guy who organized the party said I could come.”

Shinhye now eyed Kris asking what they were talking about. “We met Sehun a while ago when we were in school and he called up the others saying we got back. They decided to throw a little party here so they will be arriving here later.” Kris informed Shinhye as he sat next to her.

Eunjii eyed Kris then Shinhye. She was not really informed regarding who Kris is and how is he related to Shinhye and Woobin. Shinhye noticed how Eunji eyed both of them.

“What?” Shinhye asked.

“Do you like her?” Eunji asked Kris.

Woobin is amused by Eunji’s question. “Kris is Shinhye’s boyfriend you idiot! He’s off limits!”

“Really?” Eunji now asked both Shinhye and Kris with a discouraged expression. The two had their cheeks tinted pink and simply nodded.

Woobin is now laughing at his cousin. “I really did not think that you really have a crush on Kris. This is so much fun.”

Eunji threw a pillow at Woobin but caught it. Kris was surprised that Eunji had a crush on him when it seemed like she did not. Shinhye was a little surprised knowing that Eunji was not joking about having a crush on her boyfriend. Knowing Eunji being a little obsessed sometimes with her crushes Shinhye grabbed Kris arms pulling him a little closer to her. Though Shinhye haven’t actually seen Eunji liked someone she was still a little nervous that she’s crushing on her boyfriend.

“Never mind Shinhye unni doesn’t mind sharing.” Eunji addressed Woobin.

Shinhye was taken aback with Eunji’s statement. She can also feel Kris froze. Woobin just laughed and was having fun with the situation. Shinhye just then found how funny the situation was and laughed with Woobin leaving Kris and Eunji with confused look.

 

Shinhye followed Kris to the kitchen as they prepare the food and drinks for the party while Woobin and Eunji cleaned the living room. Shinhye noticed that Kris was being silent and she feels that something was off.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Kris did not respond as if he was thinking of something else. Shinhye had to tug his shirt just to get his attention. “What?” Kris asked.

“Is there something bothering you? You’re being a little weird today.”

Kris let out a long sigh. “I just can’t believe you are willing to share me with another girl.”

“What are you talking about?” Kris did not respond for a while and Shinhye then remembered the conversation with Eunji. Suddenly Kris felt arms around his waist. Kris then put his hands on top of those arms embracing him. Shinhye then rested her head on his back. “Eunji’s just kidding. I don’t really think that she meant it.”

 “Well she doesn’t seem like kidding and she looked like she would insist on meddling in our relationship. I mean come on I barely spend time with you.” Kris whined.

Truth be told Shinhye was a little worried that Eunji might be serious about sharing Kris with her. Eunji has not been hitting on Kris as of now and Shinhye took it as an assurance that Eunji’s crush for Kris was not that serious.

 “She’s just like that. It’s only a crush and I’m pretty sure it won’t last.” Shinhye was assuring Kris but she doesn’t even know if she was actually assuring herself more rather than Kris.

Kris turned around now facing Shinhye and his back was leaning on the counter. “Well just so you know I don’t like sharing you, except for your family of course.” Kris pouting at Shinhye, a little bit irritated.

“I know. I may share a lot of things to others but I won’t be sharing you.” Shinhye now stood on her toes giving Kris a sweet peck. “Are you happy now?” Kris stared at Shinhye for a moment and cupped her cheeks giving her along sweet kiss and said. “Very.” The two smiled to each other. Kris snakes his arms around Shinhye’s waist and holds her close to him as possible resting his chin on her shoulders.

“I miss you so much.” Kris whispered to her ears and kissed the side of her head.

Shinhye wrapped her arms around him as well. Kris words felt so longing that made her heart swelled and made her realize how she missed him s well. “I miss you too.”

“Sorry to interrupt but can I hug you two right now.” Junhee intruded.

Junhee rushed to hug the two when they gave her permission. “I miss you guys so much “

“We miss you too, Junhee.” Shinhye hugged Junhee. Kris ruffled her hair after they gave each other tight hugs.

“Oppa, my hair.” Junhee whined. “Come on the others wants to see you as well.

Junhee then grabbed the two and helped then bring the food and drinks in the living room.

“Shinhye noona!” Sehun and Kai rushed to Shinhye while she entered the living room but they stopped and let her put the drinks on the table first. The two then rushed to hug her when her hands were free.

“Okay that’s enough. Let her breathe.” Kris was now taking the two guys out of Shinhye.

“Hyung, can you just let us have her just this time?” Kai whined. “You spent a lot of time with her compared to us and we really miss her.” Sehun added

“Just don’t crush her and make it quick.”

The two took their time while Kris watched them intently. Woobin just watched with Junhee at the situation before them.

“Finally those two got together.” Junhee remarked.

“Yeah finally.” Woobin agreed.

“Where’s Kyungsoo by the way?” Woobin asked.

“Oh, he’ll be a little late. By the way oppa, Sehun mentioned your cousin’s also coming.”

“She’s just-“ before Woobin finished his sentence Eunji came out of Shinhye’s room.

“Okay, I’m ready to party!” Eunji exclaimed and gaining all the attention. “By the way I am Eunji, Woobin’s amazing cousin.” Woobin rolled his eyes at her statement.

Eunji introduced herself to everyone in the living room and they really enjoyed her company. She told them that she’ll be studying with them this school year. She was easy to get along with so Kai, Sehun and Junhee were already comfortable with her.

“Unni are you taking dance class this semester?” Eunji asked.

Shinhye’s has been taking up minor subjects for the past three years. She just went to college to finish a degree but now things have changed and for the first time she wants to do things that she actually wants. With all of the things that had happened to her life she was determined to pursue her dreams and make the best out of it.  “I might, it depends since I’m going to get Theatre Arts as my major. They might give me dancing classes as well.”

“You can dance?” Woobin asked.

“You did not know? And you claim to be one of her closest friends.” Eunji annoying her cousin.

As a matter of fact some of them did not know it as well. Kris and Euji were the ones who only knew and actually saw her dance. “In case you also did not know she knows a lot sports more than you do.” Eunji added.

“How did you know all of this?” Kai asked.

Whenever Eunji visits Woobin, she had to attend some sports competition that her crushes participate in. Eunji would try to learn the sport and she would bring along Shinhye to practice with her. It turns out that Shinhye learns the sport well instead of Eunji.

As soon as Eunji finished relating the story there was a knock on the door. “We still have visitors?” Eunji asked.

“Oh, that might be Kyungsoo. Please open the door Eunji.” Shinhye remarked.

Eunji was the one nearest to the door so she quickly got u and opened it. As soon as she opened the door there were a pair of two big eyes that widened at the sight of Eunji and Eunji just stood there and blinked a couple of times.

“Glad you could make it Kyungsoo.” Shinhye exclaimed as she saw him at the dorrway. “Come in.” Shinhye went to Kyungsoo and gave he hugged her for a moment. Shinhye grabbed him and lead him to the living room.

“Sorry I’m late noona. Before I forget I bought cake. I was going to make one but since it was so sudden I just brought one.” Eunji whose gaze followed Kyungsoo, after closing the door, just stood by the door and her eyes never left Kyungsoo.

Shinhye noticed something was wrong and she realized that she was nt hearing Eunji’s voice. She then spotted Eunji still at near the door just standing there and staring at Kyungsoo.

“By the way, Eunji.” This seemed to catch Eunji’s attention and made her snap from her trans. “This is Kyungsoo.” Kyungsoo then got up greeted her.

“Hello, I’m Kyungsoo.” He was now facing Eunji. Eunji just bowed to him as well. She stared at him for a moment forgetting that she needed to introduce herself as well.

“She’s my deadly cousin. Stay away from her.” Woobin exclaimed. As Woobin ended his statement, a pillow went and hit his head. “I told you so” Woobin said to Kyungsoo, simply reinforcing his earlier statement.

The living room burst into laughing. Eunji now sat with them red as tomato. “I am not deadly.” She said in defence. “But I would kill you tonight.” threatening Woobin.

Shinhye who was enjoying herself at the moment snuggled a little bit closer to Kris and rested her chin on his shoulder. “I guess we don’t have to worry about Eunji anymore.”

Kris looked at Shinhye and pulled her close by the waist Shinhye’s head now resting on his chest. “I guess so.” He chuckeled as he kissed Shinhye’s forehead.

 

Preview:

 

The guys attended their first day of school. It was a little bit hard for Shinhye to adjust since a lot of people who knew her asked about what happened to her. It did not help that part of her life was publicized and she had to clarify some of the rumours that spread around the school. She also had to face the consequences dating Kris in public since s lot of people knew that they were siblings. Her being known on campus and Kris being popular with girls did not help at all.