Chapter 2

My Life in 180 Degrees!

 

Kris was flustered when he saw his sister came into the room having only a towel wrapped around her body. He can feel his cheeks getting warmer at the sight of her sister exposing her milky white skin and her long thighs. Her long wet messy hair completes the look that somehow made her brother froze for a moment.  Shinhye looked at her brother wondering why he was flustered.

“Ah, sorry I won’t do it again.” as she realized the situation.

“Bring your clothes inside the bathroom and change there before coming out. Don’t let anyone see you like that. What if you come out of the bathroom and Woobin or a visitor sees you like that and I’m not here?” again Kris’ protectiveness ruled over him. He was scolds at Shinhye widening his eyes to make a point as he also points to Shinhye’s body. He runs his fingers through his hair as he tried to calm himself down.

“Okay, okay. This will be the last time. Could you please take a bath now so I can change? We’ll be late for school.”

The situation was now reversed as Shinhye was surprised when Kris came inside their room wearing only a towel and revealing his toned upper body. She suddenly looked away to avoid any unnecessary awkwardness between them.  ‘He had grown so much’ she thought to herself.

“I’m going to change. Wait for me outside.”

“I’ll just turn around. I have to fix something. How come all of a sudden you cannot change with me inside the room?” Though she was surprised and honestly a little bit of embarrassed when she saw his little brother’s great upper body, like the old days it did not matter if she was there when he changes his clothes.

“Shinhye!” exclaimed Kris.

“Okay, okay. I’m sorry. I’ll wait for you outside then.” She then brother by ruffling his hair.

The class starts again in the university and the two were headed for their first day of school. Woobin was still sleeping because his class starts in the afternoon and he slept late working on something last night after his conversation with Shinhye. Shinhye starts her third year now and Kris will be entering as a freshman though he was just a year younger than his sister. Kris stooped a year of schooling the same year Shinhye had been involved in the incident. Shinhye never understood why his father let Kris stopped attending school until he revealed that they were struggling financially. She felt sorry for Kris and promised to earn more so that he could continue his studies.

Kris tied his loose shoelace outside the apartment building when he felt something weird. He tried to scan their surroundings and suddenly across the street he saw someone strangely looking at Sinhye. The man pretended to look away when he realized that Kris saw what he was doing. The man ran as soon as he can. Kris was going to chase him but Shinhye grabbed him by his arms.

“What are you doing we’re going to be late!”

A man put down his binoculars as he saw the entire scene with it. His gaze followed where the man that Kris saw went. He took out his cellphone and called somebody.

“Hello…”

Shnhye felt different as she walks with Kris in the campus. She can feel some stares at them that really felt uncomfortable for her. She looks to Kris who seems like he does not care as he walks beside Shinhye. From afar Shinhye can see Junhee running towards them. When Junhee reached the two she stopped and mouthed to Shinhye “Who is he?” pointing now to Kris

“Are you kidding me? You don’t recognize him?” ‘Did Kris change that much that even Sam could not recognize him?’ Shinhye thought to herself as he eyed his brother from head to toe.

“Oh my!?!” Junhee exclaimed as she finally recognizes Kris. “My Gosh, Oppa…!” Junhee cannot believe how Kris changed over the years.

 Junhee, Kris and Shihye were really good friends since they were kids. They play a lot and almost did everything together despite their age difference. A year before the unfortunate incident happened to Shinhye, Junhee and her family had to move in to the city and she have not seen Shinhye and Kris since then but still kept in touch with each other. When Shinhye moved into the city, Junhee reunited with Shinhye and she helped Shinhye for the past two years. She really did miss Kris as well and now they have reunited.

“It’s been a while…” Kris said.

Junhee was aware with the sudden change in Kris. Shinhye told her everything yet it was uncomfortable for her. ‘Kris really changed!’ she thought to herself. It showed in her eyes her disappointment but tried not to show it. Kris on the other hand wanted to greet Junhee warmly but he does not know how. He really did miss Junhee since they haven’t seen each other for years. Maybe because a lot have already changed and people just grow into different people. Shinhye was fully aware of how this reunion was a bit hard for both Junhee and Kris but was really happy with the reunion itself. She just hopes that they the three of them would spend time together like when they were young and create new memories together.

The silence broke when Shinhye remembered to ask Junhee why she was running towards them.”Junhee, were you about to ask me something?”

“Oh right…I forgot already what it was it can wait.”

“I’m going to accompany Kris to his room would you like to come with us?”

Junhee checked her watch and it’s about time. She apologized to both them. Her class is on the other side of the campus and just offered to treat them lunch.

“Oh, okay take care.” Shinhye said as they send off Junhee.

“See you both at lunch.” Junhee smiled to both of them as she headed to her class

Shinhye and Kris went to Kris’ room. “Just text me if you need anything okay.” Shinhye told his brother. She was headed to her room when Kris followed her.

 “Why are you following me?” Shinhye asked.

 “I need to see where your room is.”

“You’ll be late if you will accompany me to my room. We’ll have a tour after dismissal okay.”

Kris still insisted and Shinhye did not argue with him any longer for both will be late for class.  

When they arrived at Shinhye’s room all, she felt like all eyes were on both of them. She immediately dismissed Kris so he won’t be late and quickly took her seat.

“Is that your boyfriend Shinhye?” one of her classmates asked.

“No, he’s my younger brother.”

“He’s hot!” one of her classmates exclaimed.

Shinhye was a bit taken back with her classmates’ remark on his brother but she admits it’s true. Shinhye has a nice relationship with other students in the campus and had no problems in making friends. She is known by a lot of people for being nice and now Kris is about to change her reputation by being his sister. She doesn’t know yet whether this will be a good thing.

Shinhye was headed to the cafeteria when she saw Kris waiting for her outside her room. Most of the girls who passed by him greeted him for them to be noticed by Kris. Kris just coldly bows at them as he waits for Shinhye.

“You could just have waited me in the cafeteria” Shinhye remembered how Kris did the same thing in the past and cannot believe that he would still do this after two years. She just dismissed the thought and asked about his class. “How was your class?”

“It’s good.”

As they continue their conversation and walked to the cafeteria she can feel again the stares of many girls directed towards them. Just when the atmosphere was feeling burdensome, Kris took his sisters hand and pulled her towards him.

“What are you doing?” she asked her brother surprised by his actions.

“You were about to bump onto that wall because you weren’t looking!” Kris explained to her.

“Oh…” her eyes gazed the wall.

Kris sensed that something was bothering his sister. “Is something bothering you?” he asked.

“No… It’s just that a lot have been asking me about you since this morning. All of these girls starring is quite uncomfortable.”

Finally they arrived at the cafeteria and saw Junhee with a guy Kris doesn’t recognize. The guy called out Shinhye and she rushed to their table and Kris followed. The guy hugged Shinhye and she hugged back.

“Noona I missed you.’ the guy said.

Shinhye felt someone pulling her away from the hug and she was right. Kris gently took of the guys arms around Shinhye. The guy was surprised with Kris actions. The guy was about to ask who Kris was when Junhee try to handle the situation.

Junhee introduced the guy to Kris. “Kai this is Kris oppa, he is Shinhye unnie’s younger brother. He’s older than us and he will be studying here from now on.” Junhee explained to Kai.

“Kai is a good friend of Juniel during their highschool days.” added Shinhye.

“I’m sorry hyung, I just really miss her. It was a long summer.” Kai apologized to Kris.

“Oh…’ Kris just dismissed the situation and Junhee diverted everyone’s attention to eating.

Kris was eating seriously as he just listens to their conversation. Kris actually did not mind but hearing how close Kai and his sister was he was a bit jealous and tried not to show it. Shinhe noticed how Kris was so silent and looked at him.  She met his brothers eyes and gave him the look asking if his alright. He assures his sister that everything’s fine and they continued eating.

“Kris hyung!” a guy exclaimed as he was surprised to see Kris at the same place as his. He was with another guy and was also surprised to see Kris.

“Oh, you two are also studying here?” Kris asked the two.

“Come sit with us, I’m Kris’ older sister, Shinhye.” Shinhye offered the two to sit with them.

“Thank you and nice meeting you.” the two greeted Shinhye and sat with them.

“These are my friends in high school, Kyungsoo and Sehun. You already know my sister, this is Junhee. She used to live in our place but she transferred here before you could even meet her and Kai I just met him. He’s Junhee’s friend.”

Everyone got the time know each other as they enjoyed their lunch together. Shinhye and Junhee learned that Kyungsoo and Sehun were cousins and they attended their last year of high school with Kris. Sehun was two years younger but got accelerated when he was still in elementary. Though Sehun was a smart kid he was very playful opposite with his cousin. Kyungsoo was also smart but more of a quite type compared to Kyungsoo. Both admired Kris as Shinhye asses Kyungsoo and Sehun’s stories about Kris. Everybody was having fun getting to know each and every one, even Kris who had a lot more to say this time. Though Shinhye wanted to know more about how her brother was they had to return to class.

“Hyung we’re headed to the same class.” Kyungsoo said.

“I really like your sister hyung.” Sehun exclaimed. With this remark Kyungsoo nudge Shun with his elbow since they know how sensitive Kris was when it comes to his sister, their whole school knows.

“What?” Sehun playfully asked. “I’m just kidding hyung but she’s really nice.”

“I know.” Kris said as he smirks to himself.

“By the way hyung where are you staying?” Kyungsoo asked.

Kris answered and also narrates how annoying their situation is at the moment. He asked Kyungsoo if there is a place where he could recommend for them. Unfortunately the cousins were staying at the dormitory and are not really familiar with the city as well.

“Hyung did you just mention Kim Woobin?” asked Sehun.

“Yes, why?”

“It sounds familiar. I just cannot remember where I heard it.”

“If you remember tell me as soon as possible!”

“Why doesn’t he seem like a nice guy? Isn’t he a good friend of Shinhye noona?” Kyungsoo logically asked.

“I know but there’s something strange about him that I could not figure out.”

“Hyung you’re just being paranoid as always.” Sehun exclaimed.

 

“Kris oppa is not accompanying you to your next class?” Junhee asked Shinhye.

“I convinced him to be with his friends and since your room is beside my room for the next class and I assure him that I’ll be safe going to my next class.”

Woobin saw from afar the back sight of Junhee and Shinhye and was about to call them when a guy approached Shinhye and asked her something. That guy was familiar to him and he rushed up to them.

“Oh, Woobin, you’re early for class today.” Shinhye exclaimed. The guy who was asking Shinhye something suddenly disappeared as Woobin reached to Shinhye and Junhee.

“Did you know that guy?” Woobin asked worriedly.

“No,he was just asking directions.” Shinhye was confused seeing Woobins worried face. “Why?”

“Oh, it’s nothing he just looks familiar.”

Woobin was about to chase where the guy went but Shinhye dragged Woobin since they will be late for class already.

 

Preview:

Woobin was called for a family business by his father and asked him to skip school for a day. His father informs him that there is a big situation coming and he would like for Woobin to handle this as quiet as possible. Woobin had a feeling that this would happen once he saw the familiar guy talking to Shinhye. Kris on the other hand was still uncomfortable with their living situation at the moment and still is suspicious of Woobin. His suspicion grew more as he saw a familiar tattoo on Woobin’s wrist in one of the picture’s in the apartment. He directly asks Woobin who he really is as soon as he came back from his business trip.