Chapter 11

My Life in 180 Degrees!

Maru’s father agreed to proceed with his plan. The father and son decided to distribute the stocks to the trusted shareholders and employees as a solution to their problem. This means that the company will be owned not only by one person but owned by the many who really worked hard for it. Unfortunately Maru’s brothers are not happy with this plan. The two intend to stop the process of distributing the shares of the company. They joined forces in doing so yet both have a secret agenda to claim their rights of the company.

The second brother had almost succeeded once in cornering Shinhye when she was in the parking lot of the grocery shop yet she managed to fight and escape. Woobin and Kris came on time to help her as well. These situations happen quite often and Woobin’s family is having a hard time handling the situation. Since Maru’s brothers found out Shinhye’s existence they have been aggressive in their attacks. The first brother focused on disturbing Maru’s plan while the second brother is focused on attacking Maru’s daughter. Woobin’s family and workmates had to divide their teams to address both situations and that made it difficult for them. Woobin suggested sending Shinhye and Kris away for a while. Though he was against it at first they have to try, he just hopes that it would help address the situation somehow.

 

Junhee looks at the audience after she sang and she was happy seeing how the audience loved their performance. She stared once again at the audience and remembered the first time they performed with an audience this big. She remembered how she saw how supportive Shinhye , Kris, Kai and Sehun was of their performance but now there was no sight of Shinhye and Kris and that brought sadness to her heart.

“Junhee let’s go.” said Kai. The four of them headed to the backstage and clean their stuff as the show ended.

Kai noticed how Junhee seemed to be thinking to deep and asked. “Junhee are okay?”

“Yeah, I just miss Shinhye unni and Kris oppa.”

“I miss them too; they should have performed with us tonight.” Sehun said.

“Don’t worry when things get better I’m sure we’ll have the chance to perform in one stage.” Kyungsoo said with full of hope.

“I just hope things will get better quickly and they’re doing well.” Kai said in agreement.

Junhee and the others continued their university life as they patiently wait for Shinhye and Kris to come back and be with them again. They strive to do their best knowing that they will make them proud.

The guys decided to eat something special that night to celebrate the great performance they delivered. They were in Junhee’s house since it’s too dangerous for ladies to be out late at night. Her parents are not home so they have they house by themselves.

“Let’s order chicken.” Kai said enthusiastically.

“Let’s order something else I had chicken this morning and during lunch. I want something else.” Sehun exclaimed rejecting Kai’s suggestion.

“I had chicken in the morning and at lunch as well.” Kai responded.

“Don’t you like to eat another kind of food?” Sehun asked.

“Kai can have chicken the whole day. He’s a chicken mania since we were kids.” Junhee interrupted.

“I want curry ramyun.” Kyungsoo exclaimed out of nowhere.

“Oh yeah I wanted to try that as well.” Junhee agreed.

“Can we order chicken as well?” Kai pleaded

“Should we be just ordering in one place?” Sehun asked.

“It’s okay the shops are just near the house so we can order both, I’m afraid Ki might sulk all night if he won’t be able to eat chicken.” Junhee teasing Kai with her last statement.

“I can eat curry ramyun but we are celebrating and isn’t it just logical that I eat my favourite food when I’m celebrating?” Kai argued.

“Okay okay, you’ll be in charge of ordering chicken.” Junhee gave the task to Kai.

After the guys have eaten and finished the movie they started cleaning up the living room.

“Junhee can I sleep here tonight?” kai asked.

Kyungsoo and Sehun looked at him in surprise.

“What?” Kai confusingly asked. “I used to sleep here when we were in high school.” Kai defended.

“Can we sleep here too?” Sehun asked Junhee. Before Junhee could respond Kai interrupted.

“The school dorm just near and I am the only allowed to sleep here.”

“Says who?” Junhee argued. “You could all sleep here in the living room. My parents are out and I could use some more bodyguards tonight. I’ll just get blankets.” Junhee headed to her room upstairs to get blankets and Kai followed her.

“Why are you following me?” asked Junhee

“I’m sleeping in your room.”

“I said all of you will sleep in the living room.”

“Why? We used to sleep together.” Kyungsoo eyes widen and Sehun also in shock.

 Junhee looked at both of them. “No, it’s not what you think.” She then hit Kai and he just winced in pain.

“What?” Kai asked innocently.

“He sleeps on the floor of my bedroom.” Junhee cleared out.

“Noona you shouldn’t be so defensive.” Sehun .

 

 

It was one in the morning and Sinhye just woke up. After the two had a tiring flight both of them went to bed as they arrived in the small villa which will be their hiding place for the mean time. The two were sent somewhere in Alaska hoping no one would find them there as Maru and Woobin’s family work together to settle the situation regarding the company. They plan on concentrating on the distribution of shares while the two are away.

She went to the balcony to feel the cold wind. Though it was a bit colder than she expected it felt nice. She closed her eyes and suddenly Kris confession popped out in her head. “Shinhye, I love you.” It was so simple and straight forward. A smile escaped her lips, her eyes still shut as these words keep repeating in her head. Suddenly with these words she felt warm.

Shinhye thought of what the two of them had become, how the two of them grew up together and how did they ended up to where they are now. She was happy knowing how she was loved by Kris, not in a brother and sister kind of love. She never thought of how she would live Kris being out of the picture. When they were young she always knew that one day Kris will like someone and leave her. Sure there were times that she wished that Kris would live her alone when she had too much of him being so protective. That was when she saw him as his brother yet it was undeniable that during the two years they have been apart she misses him every day unknowingly. She would always think to herself how would Kris respond in everything she does.

Now that she knows they are not blood related and since the day she knew about it, he sees him differently. Now she’s beginning to realize how all that he has done for her and all of it is who wants to be. Since then he wanted to be the one who keeps her safe and it’s because he loves her so much. The thought of Kris being out of her life now it feels different. She felt so afraid. No one could ever love her like that and no one could ever do so much for her. He accepted all of her, with all of the things that has happened and he chose to stay with her. It is only now that it hit her how life would be so unbearable not having Kris in her life.

Woobin was right; they grew up together and created a bond in which they might not be able to live without the other. Both of them know each other too well. This may not work for some but for them it is how the two of them attend to each other’s needs.

Shinhye’s trail of thoughts was disturbed as she felt a blanket placed on her shoulders. Her shoulders rise up in surprise and her head turned towards the person who was giving her the blanket. 

“You should wrap yourself before going outside of you’ll get sick. “ Kris said.

Kris was about to head back inside but Shinhye grabbed his wrist. Kris turned to her in confusion.

“Kris, I…” she paused. “I’m scared.” She finally admitted.

Kris walked up to her worriedly. “Don’t worry things will get better. Everyone’s trying their best-“before he could finish Shinhye cut her off.

“No, we’ll I’m afraid of that too but I’ve been thinking about the two of us.” Kris was taken aback. The two of them haven’t spoken about his confession after that night. That time he was fearless regardless of what Shinhye’s response but now he suddenly got nervous. He was having second thoughts whether he wants to hear her response now or did he ever want to hear it. His heart was beating so fast but he tried to calm himself. Either way he had to know what she thinks. He decided to prepare himself the best way he could.

“Honestly I am scared not having you with me but I am scared that I may not be able to reciprocate your love for me…” Kris heart sank hearing these words and he cannot bear to hear the rest but he had to know. Gathering all the courage he has, he stayed to listen to the rest of what she has to say. “But I want you to know I love you too.” Upon hearing these words he froze. Kris was surprised and happy that he was not able to respond quickly and before he could, Shinhye continued what she had to say. “I know it’s selfish of me to do so since I would only hurt you. I know I cannot reciprocate the love you have for me. You being with me only brings you pain and made you sacrifice a lot. I will always be a reminder of everything that was taken away from you. The worst part is I my love for you may not be enough to compensate for all of it but please forgive me for being so selfish for asking you to stay with me.” Tears continuously fall don Shinhye’s cheeks as she utters these words in difficulty. Kris now moves closer to her. He held her cheeks in his hands and tears fall down his eyes as well. He smiled at her with happiness in his heart and wiped her tears away with his thumb. Shinhye leaned to Kris hands as they stare into each other’s eyes.

Kris leaned over to give her a sweet kiss in response. “I will never leave your side.” Shinhye hugged Kris and leaned her head on his chest. Kris wrapped his arms around her shoulders and kissed the top of her head. He was so happy knowing she loves her back and that was enough for him. Knowing that finally she was his, he cannot help but smile he held her tighter and they stayed there for a while. The warmth of their love for each other was enough for them to enjoy the cold night.

 

Kris was still awake and he was watching Shinhye sleep beside him. He tugged the loose strand of hair behind her ears. And he again stares at her sleeping. He still cannot believe she belonged to him. This was all surreal for him and he was afraid that when the two of them wake up from sleep that this will only be a dream. He gently traces Shinhye’s face with his thumb and repeatedly traced her lips. He smiled. He then leaned to give her a light sweet peck trying not to wake her up. Shinhye scrunches her forehead bu fortunately she did not wake up. He can’t seem to restrain himself to give her another one and repeated it for the third time. The third one lasted longer and suddenly he felt Shinhye’s lips smiling. He then moved back and saw her slightly awake. She lightly slapped his arms.

“You sneaky ert, you always warn me of ert guys when I should be staying away from you! I thought you were harmless.” Shinhye narrowed her eyes. “May be I should sleep in the my room.” Shinhye was about to get up but Kris pulled her into his arms.

“I’m sorry I won’t do it again.” Shinhye looked up to Kris and narrowed her eyes in disbelief. “I promise. Next time I would ask your permission.” He assured her. “Stay here, even just this once.” There was now a pleading tone in his voice with his last statement. “After tonight you could sleep in your room.” He added.

“Shinhye, I just want to hold you longer. I hope that time stops and you will always be within my reach. All I ever wanted is right before my eyes and I never thought this was really possible. Though I thought about what it would be like and this is so much better than what I have expected.  You don’t know how happy I am right now. This all seems unreal and I am afraid that this all might be a dream so please stay with me even just for tonight.” Kris thought to himself.

“I’ll stay just for tonight.” Shinhye just gave in. Kris pulled her close. He held her head directing it to rest in his chest. Shinhye wrapped her arms around him as well and sleep again.

 

Kris felt the heat of the sun gracing on his skin as the sunlight penetrated through the window of the bedroom. He suddenly woke up and in panic. He intended not to sleep but unfortunately he did. His eyes gazed down and he was relieved of what he saw. Shinhye was still sleeping and her head is still resting on his chest. He kissed the top of her head and pulled her closer to him. Shinhye fought weakly with his actions but Kris succeeded in encasing her in her arms. A big smile escaped his lips. He then run his fingers through her hair letting her sleep some more. Suddenly his phone rang and Shinhye also wake up in her sleep. He saw Woobin’s secret caller id flashed through his phone so he answered immediately.

“How are you doing?” Woobin asked.

Kris was furious they agreed that they would only call each other if it was an emergency. Assessing with Woobin’s first statement it doesn’t sound like an emergency. He was slightly disappointed that his moment with Shinhye was interrupted by Woobin just asking how they’re doing.

“We’re fine, why did you call is there an emergency?” Kris was still hoping that there was an emergency.

“Not much really but I was worried. Both of you did not even contact us that you have arrived safely in the villa we had to risk contacting the airlines just to know if you arrived safely.” Now Woobin’s a little bit furious.

Kris now remembered they were supposed to call them when they arrived but both of them forgot. They were so tired that they slept right away. “Sorry about that. The flight was so tiring that we both slept right away as soon as we arrived.”

“Okay, that’s all. We just needed to hear from you guys. Things here are getting better just want you guys to know. If her father succeeds in his plan their will be a great opportunity that their lives will change for the better. They might even have a chance to be together and Shinhye will be able to live the life she wants. Let’s just hope for the best for now. Well I have to go now. Be safe!”

“Hyung, Thanks! Just let us know what we can do. We’ll be praying as well.”

Kris put away his phone as soon as they ended their conversation. Kris was now alone in the room he stood up quickly and searched for her.  He heard some noises in the kitchen so he went there. He was relieved to see her there trying to cook something. Shinhye turned to face him.

“What?” she asked.

“You suddenly disappeared.”

Shinhye just registered how worried Kris looked. “I realized we haven’t eaten something since we got here so I went here to cook something. Apparently there’s nothing to cook. “She defended.

“Next time please let me know where you’re going.” Kris pleaded.

“Okay.” She responded awkwardly.

“I think we have to go out to buy some stuff.” Kris suggested.

They two of them prepared to go out. Shinhye took a bath first as Kris was unpacking his things in his room when he went out of his room to check if she’s finished he collided with her. Their eyes locked with each other for a moment and Kris eyes unconsciously scanned her downwards then he suddenly diverted his eyes away.

“How many times did I tell you to change in the bathroom? Considering it’s very cold here!” Kris exclaimed.

“Sorry, I was in a hurry I did not bring my clothes inside.” She defended awkwardly and went inside her room. She was leaning against her bedroom door clutching her towel close as her heart beat fast. She was breathing heavily. The last time they had this situation she did not feel this way. She was not conscious about Kris seeing her like this. She can feel her cheeks getting hot. She shook her head and started to change.

 

 

Kai saw Junhee and Kyungsoo laughing together in park outside the window of his class. He did not notice that they were already dismissed.

“Hyung come on let’s go.” Sehun exclaimed.

“Oh,” Kai stood up and followed him. Sehun looked where Kai was looking before and smiled teasingly.

“Hyung, do you like Junhee noona?”

“What?” Kai was taken aback by Sehun’s question and he suddenly felt uneasy.

“Oh, nothing.” Sehun paused. “You seemed so serious looking at her with Kyungsoo hyung outside the window. By the way you were frowning.” Sehun teased Kai.

“I was… not.” Kai tried to defend himself.

“You were not?” Junhee asked.

Kai jumped in surprise as Junhee and Kyungsoo were already behind them.

“Whoa, what’s wrong with you?” Junhee asked.

“Oh he was just-“ Sehun was teasing Kai and implying that he would say something but Kai gave him a death glare.

“It was nothing, he was wondering where were you guys so he was surprised when you two came.” Sehun managed to settle the situation.

“Oh, okay.”

“We were hungry waiting for you. We were supposed to eat earlier but Junhee insisted to wait for you guys.” Kyungsoo said.

“You were planning to eat together without us?” Kai asked with eyes wide open.

“We were hungry already but hey we waited or you guys.” Junhee defended.

“Let’s just eat already.” Sehun exclaimed in frustration. He knew that Kai was being jealous but he was hungry and he wanted to eat already. He will save the teasing for some other time.

 

 

“Try this one this is really good.” The male salesman then feed Shinhye the cooked beef. He was trying to make a conversation with her. It was obvious he fancies her. Unfortunately Shinhye doesn’t understand most of the words he was saying.

“Mmm” it was really delicious. Suddenly she felt an arm wrapped around her waist.

“Can I have some as well?” Kris asked and the salesman looked at the two realizing they were together. He gave Kris a toothpick with the cooked beef.

“Thanks!”

“This is really delicious as you said.” Kris exclaimed.

Shinhye just looked at him confused. He spoke English fluently with the salesman.

Kris smiled at how adorable Shinhye looked. He gave her a small peck on the lips. “Come on we still have a lot of things to buy.” Shinhye was still in shock so Kris then pulled Shinhye close and dragged her out of sight of the salesman.

“When did you learn to speak English fluently?” asked Shinhye.

“I learned from school and action movies from Hollywood. Please be more careful. You don’t know if that guy might be feeding you poison already.” Kris warned her.

“Sorry. It just smelled so good. By the way you stole a kiss a while ago.” Shinhye then hit Kris’ arm.

“That guy was already flirting with you I had to draw the line.”

“He was just being friendly.” She defended.

“Did you understand that he was already asking you out a while ago?” Kris exclaimed annoyingly.

“How did you know? Oh right.” She stopped when she realized that Kris understood and speak English pretty well. She looked at Kris who was checking the things they bought. The way he’s protecting her now is a bit different than it used to be. He was as if claiming her and she likes it. She let him have his claim on her when she told him how she feels and she never regrets it. She likes how he’s being more assertive in showing his affection to her. He’s definitely a man now in her eyes. Kris is no longer his overprotective brother but the Kris beside her is a man who loves her deeply and the man who she loves.

The two were already in the cashier paying the things they bought. “What a lovely couple, having fun in your honeymoon so far?” the old lady in the cash register asked.

Kris smiled and looked at Shinhye. She turned to Kris asking what the old lady just has said.

“We’re enjoying ourselves so far t’s really a nice place.” Kris responded.

“I hope you can make a lot of memories here.”

“I hope so too.” Kris smiles at the old lady and diverted his gaze to Shinhye and gave her a sweet smile. He never thought that he would have given a chance to spend time with her like this.

 

Preview:

It was about time for Kris and Shinhye t go back and join the battle. Maru’s father finally meets her granddaughter and Kris finally meets Maru. Shinhye is now given the opportunity to decide how she wanted to live. Kris was grateful that before Shinhye had to decide he got to spend time with her. with her big decision with a lot of things to consider, Kris knows that things between them might change. He was afraid yet he wants her to be happy.