Chapter 6

My Life in 180 Degrees!

“Oppa, you wanted to see me?” Junhee asked Kris. He was waiting for her at the park near Junhee’s house.

“Oh, I am just going to ask you about something.”

“Is it about Shinhye unni?”

“How did you know?”

“Oppa, you never talk to me privately if it is not important and your definition of important always has to do with Shinhye unni.”

Kris just smirked to this thought. The two sat on the bench before Kris came to do what he had to do. “Did Shinhye ever dated someone when she moved here in the city. Please don’t lie to me.” Kris pleaded.

Junhee is terrible at lying and she knows it. Kris would easily tell if she lies. “There were some who approached her but as far as I know she hasn’t dated anyone. She was too busy working and studying at the same time.”

 He then asked. “Do you think it would be a good idea if Shinhye dates Woobin?”

Junhee was so surprised with what Kris asked. “Oppa…” She cannot respond at the moment.

“I mean do you think I can entrust Shinhye to him?”

“I’m sorry but I really do not have a say in this. I think we should consider if Shinhye unni even wants to date before thinking if she wants to date Woobin oppa. I don’t really think it answered your question but I hope you get my point.”

Junhee was right and Kris actually thought about it. He was just so frustrated at the thought that Jeahyun was so persistent about pursuing Shinhye. He does not even want to do this. Since the Shinhye’s unfortunate event Kris had always been beside her. The thought that one day he must entrust Shinhye raelly bothers him for some reason.

“Oppa, I am glad you are thinking about this.” Junhee sincerely added.

“About what?” Kris was a bit confused.

“About letting unni date. No offense oppa but she haven’t dated mostly because of you. She understands how you are obsessed as being her protective brother but you need to let go little by little. Eventually she will meet someone she likes and you need to accept that. There are also people who will love unni as much as you do if you let them. Unni would really appreciate it if you let others be a part of her life. Great people like Shinhye unni also have to be shared to other people.”

“I’ll try.” Kris responded shortly. He fully understands what Junhee told him. As much as he wants to, knowing that SHinye is in great danger at the moment he just can’t put his guard down. “Actually, Woobin asked me if he could ask Shinhye out. He was the first guy who properly asked for my permission and i really appreciated it. I just want to know what you think about this.” Kris tried to reason out.

“Oh, if that’s the case, I really like Woobin oppa. He’s really a nice guy. I just don’t know if Shinye unni would like to go out with him since they’ve been friends for a long time.”

“Honestly, I like him as a person and of all the people I know who takes interest in Shinhye he’s the most decent guy I know of. I just not fully prepared to entrust Shinhye to anyone yet.” Kris admitted.

Junhee smiled at him genuinely. She knows how hard this would be for Kris. “You don’t have to do it all in one go.  We’ll do it little by little. I’ll try to help you as much as I can. This will be good for both of you.”

“Thanks Junhee.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Shinhye was surprised as these past few weeks Kris was very loose with her. He spends less time with her and actually trusts her little by little. She is actually enjoying this little freedom at the moment. She had time to hang out with friends and actually gets the chance to meet new people. Kris on the other hand struggles on leaving Shinhye on her own but Woobin assures him that he would always look out for her. For him it’s better that Kris would let Shinhye feel that he trusts her first. It was his idea that Kris slowly leaves Shinhye on her own so she could do things she was not able to do when Kris was always around like for example dating. They agreed that Woobin will start wooing Shinhye if Jaehyun persist on pursuing Shinhye.  

“Oppa, you’re doing great.” Junhee complimented Kris. Although he was very anxious every time he leaves Shinhye, Junhee tries to keep him occupied. She has been helping him to spend less time with Shinhye. Sometimes she asks Kyugsoo and Sehun’s help to keep him distracted. It was really hard at the beginning as she cannot stop him from running towards Shinhye.

Woobin also did his part to distract Kris by giving him private lessons on how he could look out for Shinhye from a distance. He always uses it to his advantage; whenever he leaves Shinhye he uses these skills to keep an eye on her. He also teaches Kris some advance skills in protecting himself and others. During the training they ensure that Shinhye was still being monitored by other allies of Woobin. Fortunately Jaehyun was not around and they heard that he’s been summoned for a private training.

“Okay, as a reward you could go home with unni, today.” Junhee rewarded Kris for his hard work. Kris was really pleased. He really miss being around Shinhye. Though he spends less time with her, no matter how they distract him, he still thinks about her.

“Thank you so much Junhee.” Kris then ruffles Junhee bangs and ran as fast as he could to his class.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

“Noona have you seen Junhee?” Kai asked Shinhye.

“No, why are you asking me when you two usually spend time with each other.”

Sehun came hearing the whole conversation. “You are looking for Junhee? Ask Kris hyung, I always saw them together a while ago.”

“Again?” Kai widened his eyes in disbelief.

“Looks like they’re dating and they are hiding it from us.” Sehun jokes.

“No, I know Junhee, if she would be dating she would tell me. I am her best friend.”

“That’s the point of hiding it.” Sehun insisting his joke trying to tease Kai.

“Maybe that’s why Kris spends less time with me now.” Shinhye said. She suddenly received a message from Kris.

Let’s go home together. Meet me at the gate.

-Kris

 

Shinhye smiled reading this message. As much as she enjoys her little freedom, she actually misses Kris being around. She was happy that they will be going home together and made her way to the gate.

“Kris!” Shinhye called Kris attention. Kris upon seeing Shinhye runs towards her and wrapped his arms around her hugging her tightly. ‘I miss you so much!’ Kris thought to himself as he hugs her tighter.

“I can’t breathe.” Shinhye struggled to pat Kris’ back.

“Sorry.” Kris then releases her. “I’m hungry; let’s go eat for a while before we go home.” Kris requested.

“Okay.” The two walked together happily as the reached a fast food restaurant.

Shinhye noticed how happy Kris is at the moment and suddenly remembered what Sehun said a while ago. “You seem so happy today.” She remarked. “Did something good happen today.”

“Yes.” Kris answered gleefully.

“What did happen?”

“Well..” Kris cannot actually tell that he’s happy because he finally got to spent time with her after avoiding her for a couple of weeks. “I’m just happy.”

“Kris, are you dating Junhee?” Shinhye cannot wait anymore and just asked.

“Huh?” Kris was so surprised by what Shinhye asked.

“You’ve been spending a lot of time lately with her and you’re unexpectedly being loose with me. Don’t get me wrong I really like the little freedom I have right now but is this because you’re dating already?”

“No, she’s just helping me with something.”

“You know I won’t buy that.” Shinhye narrowed her eyes.

“No, Junhee’s just a great friend and besides I like somebody else.” ‘Oh my!’ Kris thought to himself. ‘Did I just say I like somebody?’

Kris was in the process of taking in what he just blurted out when Shinhye interrupted him. “You like somebody else? Who?” Shinhye was now curious and surprised at the fact that Kris actually likes someone.

Kris suddenly stood up and tried to run avoiding Shinhye’s question. He was outside restaurant and went to an empty alley as he thinks to himself. ‘Do I actually like her already? No it’s not possible. Is it?’ He snapped out of his trail of thoughts when he saw a familiar van pass by him. Jaehyun was also in the van and Kris definitely saw a glimpse him through the window. He immediately turned around to find Shinhye. He already knows something bad would happen. Shinhye was about ten meters behind catching up to Kris when the van suddenly stopped by her. Kris heart beats fast as he immediately runs towards her. Suddenly group of men went down the van and tried to take Shinhye. On impulse Shinhye covered her nose and mouth in case they will let her inhale something as she tries to run away. Unfortunately Jeahyun grabs her before Kris could get to her. Woobin and his allies got on time and fought with the group of men. Kris beat up the man who grabbed Shinhye so bad. The memory of Shinhye being dragged by a couple of men resurfaced in his mind. He remembered how helpless he was. He lost his mind for a moment and Shinhye tried to stop him from beating the man to death.

“Kris! Get Shinhye out of here!” Woobin shouted.

Kris went back to his senses and dragged Shinhye out of the scene. It was not really easy because every guy wanted Shinhye no matter what. Though Woobin and his allies were a big help at holding them back from getting to Shinhye, Kris was unarmed unlike most guys in the scene. He had to be really careful as they try to get out of the alley. Kris managed to drag both of them out and they start to run away. He then took a last look at Woobin and Woobin assured him it’ll be fine and shouted to go now. Before he finally look forward he saw one of the guys laying on the ground reach a gun and started to shoot Shinhye. He then grabs Shinhye putting her in front of him as they continue to run. He made sure that he blocked Shinhye from the possibility of getting shot and on the third shoot he was shot at the back.

 

Shinhye felt Kris’ hands loosen up his grip on her after hearing the third shoot. She cannot seem to hear anything after the third shoot together with Kris’ cringe in pain. She turned around and everything seemed to be in slow motion before her eyes. Kris was already on the floor motionless. Woobin was running towards them as Shinhye goes down to Kris. She can’t believe what she sees before her eyes. She does not know if she should touch and shake Kris her hands were shaking and she was totally frantic. She cries her heart out as she doesn’t know what to do. The fight was over and Woobin’s father came to take care of the rest. Woobin helped Shinhye and carries Kris to the ambulance car that arrived together with Woobin’s father.  Shinhye can’t stop her tears from falling as she sat beside Kris in the ambulance car. She was holding Kris’ hand as she cries out to the heavens to let him live. Woobin tries to calm Shinhye.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Your phone is with me. I just informed everybody what happened so that they won’t worry too much if ever they knew about this.” Woobin then handed the phone to Shinhye. She just gets the phone from Woobin and stared at him. He then sat beside her.

“Don’t wory he’ll be fine.” He assures Shinhye and hugged her tight.

Shinhye felt the tears starts to come out but immediately pushed them back. She already cried too much and she wanted to be strong when Kris gets to see her.

“Shinhye, I know that this would not be the right time but I think it’s best if you hear this now.” Woobin tells Shinhy. Shinhye’s still dazed with all that happen and still in shock. At the same time she’s anxiously waiting as how Kris is doing. Woobin then calls in his father to help him explain everything to Shinhye.

Woobin’s father invited Shinhye for walk as he try to slowly explain her everything she needs to know. Shinhye prepared herself to listen. Mr. Kim was very gentle as he relates the information that Shinhye needed to know from her true identity to what happened earlier. Shinhye was getting confused as the information was being presented to her. She wants to understand all of this yet she had so many questions that needed answers. Everything seems not making sense for her. She was definitely emotionally unstable at the moment. She doesn’t know how to react and what to feel. One thing is certain she was close to losing it.

“Excuse me sir but I need some air.” Shinhye finally exclaimed seconds after she fainted.

 

 

Preview:

All things new as Shinhye embraces the big changes of her life.  With her identity known to the public, Kris together with Woobin and his father gear up to protect Shinhye’s family. They have to ensure her safety first before she can have a peaceful life and hopefully to live the life she wants to live. She is now faced with new responsibilities and challenges as she comes face to face to his biological father.