Chapter 7

My Life in 180 Degrees!

Woobin knocked on Shinhye’s bedroom door. He has taken her back to his apartment when she fainted a while ago. After knocking three times he opens the door and approached her. He wanted to know how she’s doing. He then sat on her bed and caressed her shoulders. Shinhye was awake and her back was facing Woobin. She was still dazed of all the things that happened that day. It seemed so surreal. In addition to that, she was informed of her real identity and how this is related to the unfortunate series of events that happened.

“Hey, just wanted to know how you’re doing?” Woobin knows that Shinhye was fully awake. When Shinhye did not respond he then said. “You could always talk to me about all of these when you’re ready.” He continues to caress Shinhye’s trying to convey his concern.

Shinhye had a lot of questions. All of these did not make sense to her. She wanted to know everything and right now it was a relief for her to know that Woobin’s there to help her. She does not even know herself if she’s ready to talk all about this but she needed to know everything. She needed to confirm what his father said to her. It seemed that it would be a great that they talk about it as soon as possible considering about what Woobin said earlier. It may be the rirght time but they may not have enough time. Kris was already shot and it seems that the people Shinhye cared for are in danger. She then decided to talk.

Woobin narrates everything to Shinhye from why they were attacked and how it is related to her real identity. This went on to revealing why she was sent away by his biological father and how she ended up living with Kris’ family. He then narrates Shinhye’s father intentions of doing so and wishes her to live well. Woobin then informs her of their family’s legacy and how they have been looking out for their family; how they’ve been looking out for her as well.

All that Woobin’s father informed her was then confirmed as they came out of Woobin’s mouth. She’s trying to control her emotions but tears continue to flow out of her eyes. Woobin would try to ask her if they should continue and Shinhye assures him that it was okay. She realized how hard it would have been for her biological father going through all of these. She was thankful of her father’s good friends starting from Woobin’s family protecting them to Kris’ parents who accepted and raised her as their own.  She tried to understand all of this information but she still can’t help to feel betrayed as these were all kept from her. She just taught to herself that though things turned out this way, her father and the people who cared a lot for them did it with good intentions and reasons behind it.

Woobin continues his narration, how everything’s seemed fine as she grew up away from the hell her father was living with until the unfortunate incident. Fifteen year old Shinhye was attacked and it was much unexpected for the people who were protecting her. Kris’ father had no choice but to reveal the truth to his son.

“Kris knew about all of these? And you knew that Kris knows everything?”  Shinhye was shocked.

“Apparently he recognized that his father and I had the same mark and he confronted me about it. He told me that his father trained him since then to protect you. I was really surprised as how skilled he was. After he confronted me about it I tried to teach him more. Honestly I really admire his love for you and how he would do everything to keep you safe.  ”

“I know and he even knew that I was not his real sister.” Shinhye was feeling sorry as she remembers how Kris’ took the shot for her. Again tears flow effortlessly out of her eyes.

“It seemed that his love for you does not change just because he found out that you’re not related by blood.  You two grew up together and had been involved in each other’s lives since then. I think you grew up to be a very important person to him.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Kris felt someone grabbed his hand tightly and he tried to open his eyes to see who it was. It was very white and blurred. He tried to look to his right to see the person holding his hand. He was still in a lot of pain but it seemed that they all disappeared when he saw Shinhye right beside him. The light piercing through the window lighted Shinhye’s face radiating her angelic beauty. He tried slowly smiled at her and grabbed her hand tighter. She was the first person he saw after the incident and for some reason he was very happy. Shinhye smiled sweetly back at him.

“Are you alright?” Kris asked.

A teardrop runs through Shinhye’s cheeks and she let out a short laugh of disbelief. “Gosh! You’re the one who got hurt and you still manage to worry about me?”

“You’re face and eyes are swollen and you seemed very tired.” Kris struggled to say this to her. He was very worried.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me. “She then again smiled at him. “Kris!” her tone change to a serious one and it seemed that she was going to beg for something.

“Uhm?”

“I beg you not to do that again, please.” she pleaded to Kris.

“Do what?”

“Risk your life for me. If something happened to you I don’t think I will be able to live with it.” Again tears fell from her eyes.

“Hey, stop crying.” he becomes really helpless when Shinhye cries. He then got up and wiped the tears from her cheeks.

“Okay, okay. Please don’t move too much you haven’t fully recovered.”

“It’s okay it does not hurt that much.” Kris was now already sitting upright on the bed facing Shinhye.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door. Shinhye then got up to see who it was as Kris tried to sit comfortably on the hospital bed.

“Unni!” Junhee greeted her and hugged her tight.  Behind her were Kai, Kyungsoo and Sehun. They came to visit Kris as they were informed of what happened yesterday.

“Oh, thank you everyone for coming.” She then let them enter the room.

“Hyung we brought you something to eat.” Sehun then grabbed a table and tried to set the food they bought for everyone to eat. Kyungsoo helped Sehun.

“Oppa, how are you doing?” Junhee went beside Kris.

“I’m okay.”

Kai then approached Shinhye. “Noona we heard what happened. We were really worried.” He then hugged Shinhye. He wanted to comfort her since he noticed how hard it must have been for her. “Thank you Kai!” Shinhye responded. He felt someone staring at him and Kai gazed to the direction where it was coming from at he was right. Kris was back from his usual self. His stre gave a look that he should release Shinhye now. At that moment Kai released Shinhye. “I’m sorry hyung.”

Junhee then went to Kai and grabbed him.

“Gosh! You know how protective Kris oppa is with Shinhye unni.” She scolds at him whispering.

“I said sorry, I just wanted to comfort her.” Kai defended himself.

“Food’s ready.” Kyungsoo exclaimed as everyone started munching the food.

Shinhye assisted Kris as he ate. He can practically feed himself but somehow he’s enjoying how Shinhye is taking of him at the moment. He likes how all of her attention is more focused on him at the moment.

Everyone had finished the food. Junhee and the rest did not bother asking how everything happened. They were very cautious on bringing up the incident considering that the two might not want to talk about it. They simply offered their help to Shinhye and Kris, on how they can assist Shinhye going to the hospital and regarding school for the both of them.  After a while they left as some of them needed to attend school.

Shinhye went to Kris and tried to assist him to rest. “Don’t you want to rest? Aren’t you tired?” she asked because Kris was not responding as Shinhye assisted him to rest. “I’m not that tired. You should rest. You look like you need some sleep.”

Shinhye was feeling overwhelmed knowing how Kris cared for her even though he knows they were not really related. She then hugged him. She let Kris’ head rest on her chest, her arms wrapped around his neck as he was still sitting at the edge of the bed and Shinhye was standing while hugging him tight. He was a bit flustered with the sudden action of Shinhye. He felt very uneasy yet very ecstatic. He froze yet he wanted to do something.

“Thank you!” Shinhye was really grateful. She then leaned and rested her head on Kris’. A wide smile spread across his lips and struggled to wrap his arms around Shinhye’s waist pulling her close to him.

“For what?” he asked. “For everything!” she paused. Kris did not respond then Shinhye continued.

“For always being there for me, for accepting me and still treated me as family even though you knew that I am not really related to you. There so much more to thank for. I just want you to know how grateful I am.” She felt like crying but she held herself together. She does not to want Kris to worry about her anymore.

Kris’ eye widened at what he heard. “Woobin already told you about everything?” he asked. He did not want to look at Shinhye he wanted to stay like this for a little bit longer. He was unconsciously hugging her tighter. He was afraid she was about to let go of him and he doesn’t want that.

“Yeah, they told me everything. I’ll try my best to keep you safe from now on.”  Shinhye felt his grip getting tighter and she just let it be. She then remembered something.  “Kris, I want to visit dad. I mean your dad.” Kris stiffens to her request and let go of her.

“Why?” he then questions her in confusion.

“I want to see him and talk to him about everything.” She then sat beside him facing Kris.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea.”

“Why?”

“I mean we should settle things here first, just to be safe.”

They suddenly heard someone knocked and open the door. “Shinhye sorry but I think my dad needs to take you somewhere.” Woobin said.

“Will you watch Kris for me then?” Shinhye requested.

“Sure.”

“Feeling better?” Woobin asked.

“Yeah.” He paused and Woobin went to him. “I heard you already told her everything.”

“Yeah, it seemed to be the right thing. The attack yesterday was very unexpected. Jaehyun was really something. We did not see that coming. Thankfully she was with you that time.” He exclaimed annoyingly.

“Where would your father take her?”

“I don’t think she will back soon. Don’t worry she’ll be fine. They just needed to her consent on how we would continue to protect you. We needed to change plans because of this incident and since she knows everything they needed to know she’s okay with it.”

“What’s were the plans?”

“My dad said it depends on how Shinhye wants to live her life from now on. Certainly we need to train her to protect herself but only if she wants to. Her father is offering options to leave the country until things are settled here if ever she wanted to go back. She might want to stay and either way it’s up to her.”

“What do you think would be best?” Kris needed to know what would be best. Honestly when he heard the possibility that they might sent her away it seemed that something pierced his heart and it was more painful that what he feels physically. He knew he could not do something about it if it was the best option.

“For me, I think that sending her away is not a better option as having her stay, both of the options have pros and cons. I don’t think she will go away either. You know her.”

“But what if it’s for the best.”

“Many would think that it would be best since it would be far away from here but we are not really sure if she’ll be safe there. It would be hard to monitor her there since we need to send people to look out for her. If she decided to stay, personally I think it would be better since our family is based here and most of the people we work with stay here. There will be a lot more people looking out for her here. I know that it’s risky since she’s closer to the people that wanted to hurt her and there have already two incidents her being attacked but we are trying our best. I guess now she that knows I hope that it will help since she herself will be more cautious. It’s all up to her anyways. We wanted to consider her thoughts for a change.”

“Just let me know how I could help.”

“Well first, you need to rest so that you could recover quickly.”

____________________________________________________________________________________

“Shinhye we wanted to know how you would like to live your life from now on.” Woobin’s father asked.

Shinhye did not know how to respond so he continued. “Your father still wanted you to live the life you wanted and he personally thinks that he would not want you to get involve with the chaotic life your identity offers.”

“Do I have to answer it now?”

“Not really but I hope you let us know as soon as possible. Sorry if I did not ask for your permission but we think that it would be best if you talk to him now. If you’re really uncomfortable we could just go to our office and talk about how we plan to keep you safe.”

“No it’s okay. Honestly I don’t know if I’m ready but I guess that it would help if I see him now.”

“Thank you for being so cooperative. It must really be hard on you but just let us know how we could help you.”

“It must be hard on your part as well. I’m grateful that you’re family has always been there for us.”

Soon enough they have arrived in her father’s hideout. It was a small villa in the middle of the forest and no one would think that there will be a villa where it stands. Woobin’s father escorted Shinhye as she pointed out the door of a room.

“He’s waiting for you inside.” He then left Shinhye standing in front of the door.

Shinhye was very hesitant. She was having second thoughts of meeting her father. She breathes in deeply as she held the door knob twisted it and opened the door. From where she stands she saw the back of a man in his early fifties by the window of the room. The man then turns around to face her when she heard the door opened. He was surprised at the sight before his eyes and then smiled at her.

 

Preview:

Shinhye starts her training while she still figures out how she wanted to live from now on. Woobin works with his father to track and take down Jaehyun. Kris stays beside Shinhye as much as possible. Junhee and the other guys still continue their university life but sad that it would not be the same as Kris and Shinhye leaves school for a while.

Author’s Note: Sorry for the late update there have been so many requirements lately and we’re actually having our exams at the moment. I’ll try to update as soon as I can. Please enjoy this update at the moment