Living... with a boy?

A New Start
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Eunji ah! We will miss you…Remember… you are the one who need their help and accommodation. Be nice and kind! Behave well like how you behave to us…Call us whenever you miss home, okay?” Mrs. Jung hugged young Eunji and said with tearful eyes. 

Eunji looked at her mother, and her tears couldn’t stop rolling down her chubby cheeks.

“Umma, I am really sorry…I…I…”Eunji’s words trailed off with her sobs.

But it was her dream, to go to Seoul, and work hard to be a vocal trainer. She wants to receive the most standard and acknowledged education, so she decided to apply for the Seoul Bukchon Arts School. And she got accepted to vocal major.

Unfortunately, the school has no free dormitory for her, so Mrs Jung contacted her old friend in Seoul to see if she has a free room for her daughter until the school is able to free up a room for Eunji. 

The auntie was kind enough to accommodate Eunji, as the son of hers was moving out for independence after college. Eunji and her family was very grateful for their kindness.

“Eunji ah~ don’t cry! You need to be independent now. Also, try practising the Seoul dialect, or else when you get too excited or when you talk too fast, auntie and uncle will not be able to understand you…And eat well… you are getting skinnier these days…”Mrs Jung handed Eunji a hanky and patted her shoulder. Then, her younger brother just ran and hugged her legs.

“Minki!” Eunji couldn’t stop her tears again. Yes, she would miss her dearest brother too… so much so much.

“Noona, don’t forget me, here is a little gift you could keep with you all along to Seoul.” Minki looked up and handed over to Eunji a small box. “Open it when you arrived at auntie’s house okay?”

“Oh…okay. Thank you Minki-ah~ I will treasure it.”

 

--Final call for passengers boarding on KTX to Seoul. The doors will be closed in 5 minutes.--

 

“I guess I have to go now.” Eunji wiped her tears and gave a final hug to her family in Busan.

She turned and walked away from them towards the boarding gate. She didn’t want to turn back and see their faces… She would refuse to leave if she did so. Eunji promised herself not to fail to live up the hopes she had herself. She would be missing home for sure, but she begged for this, to chase for her dreams.  

And as soon as the train left the station, Eunji’s new journey began. She never thought what was in front of her. She just focused on the fact that Seoul was her ultimate destination, but she didn’t figure out the rest.

--We have arrived at the Seoul Station. The time now is 14:05. The current temperature is 15 degree Celsius...--

 

Eunji yawned and rubbed her eyes. Wow the train was fast, she didn’t expect she would arrive in just a nap’s time. She brushed her hair and stood up. She took her luggage and walked out of the train, her host family would be wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter