Wonbin's Last Words

F.T. Island Dorm Life

  Jaejin and Wonbin were walking in silence as they were enjoying the night time breeze.

"So, how are things at your side?" Wonbin broke the silence.

"It's not bad.. Yours?"

"Same.." The awkwardness was still there. "So, Jaejin-ah. Remember this park?"

Jaejin nodded. "This is the park we always go to whenever we wanted to."

"Hehe, Yeah. Lots of memories here, yea?" Jaejin nodded.

*Ring~~* Jaejin's phone rang. "Ahh, mianhae hyung, I gotta take this. It's Jonghun-hyung. Yeoboseyo?"

"Jaejin-ah? Where are you now?"

"With hyung at our favourite park. Waeyo?"

"Anida. We need to tell you something. Or rather, I believe Wonbin needs to tell you some---"

"What thing? Hyung?"

"Jaejin-ah, gwenchana?"

"Ne, It's just, Jonghun hyung said there's something he needed to tell me, but he got cut off."

"Speaking of telling, there's something I need to tell you too. About my sudden disapppearance, about that woman and about me."

"Wae hyung? Is she really you're..."

"Sshh,," Wonbin cut Jaejin off. "It's nothing off the sort. You know I love you and only you." Wonbin smiled. Then he continued. "Before I left, I have always felt a little giddy day by day, and slowly, I have the urge to vomit easily, so I went to visit the doctor. It was then I realised I had contracted Stomach Cancer.."

"Mwo?! S-s-stomach Cancer??"

"Ne.. And I decided to leave because I don't want to be a burden to all of you.. And that woman, she's actually my personal doctor. My trainer. There was certain food that made me more sick and we were at that restrauant to see if there's any food there I can't digest.."

"Omo hyung.. You went through so much. Just for us?"

"Ne.. I rather you all hate me then you all sacrifising so much..."

"Hyung..." Jaejin stuttered and gave Wonbin a hug. This shocked Wonbin as Wonbin was usually the one who hugged Jaejin.

"He's there! I spotted him!!"

"Hongki, wait up! The younger ones can't quite catch up!"

 Both Jaejin and Wonbin heard Hongki, released their hug and looked at him.

"Wonbin, *pant* do you really have *pant* Stomach Cancer?" Wonbin looked down and nodded his head.

"Eh? Jaejin? You don't look surprise."

"I just found out 2 minutes before you came, hyung.."

"Ahh, Hongki finally! Run slower next time please.."

"You're the one who needs to buck up, Jonghun-ah."

"Guys, listen.. Sorry for running out on you guys.. I just.. Don't wanna burden you so I left. And I'm afraid, I may no longer see you guys anymore.."

"Wait, hyung.. Do you mean.."

"Yes, Seunghyun-ah.. The doctors told me I won't be able to live another 2 months. 1 and a half at most. I'm reaching stage 4 soon..."

"Hyung, why didn't you go see a doctor? My mother's friend is a specialist.." Minhwan said softly.

"Keke, cause I rather die a few days earlier than waste a huge sum of money and live just a few days longer. I'm still gonna die anyway.. I'm going for my final scan tomorrow. It's too check for these rare stomach eating worms. If I'm tested positive, I have decided to be put to sleep, forever.."

"Which means, if tested positive, this would be your last night?"

"Yes, Hongki.."

"But hyung.. You can't die! I miss you so much and I can't bear to lose you again!!" Jaejin bursted out which was comforted by Wonbin's hug.

"It's okay, baby... Hongki hyung.. please, help me take care of Jinnie when I'm gone.. And I think maybe it's time you told the little ones about, you know.. And Seunghyun-ah, I can see Minhwan here means alot to you, please take good care of him as well.. And Minhwan-ah, We haven't officially met but as far as I know, you mean alot to Seunghyun-sshi and I think you might want to know that.."

All of them looked at each other. They can't bear to leave Wonbin...

========================================================================

"He has been injected. He has about 5 more minutes before his heart stops. You may now see the patient." The nurse said.

The 5 of them rushed in. Jaejin, being the first, went and gave Wonbin one last hug before it all ended.

"Wonbin-ah, we just want to let you know we've forgiven you.. And I've told the young ones about me and Jonghun already, and...  And..."

"And we promise to take care of Jaejin for you.." Jonghun cut in.

"Gumawo.. Thank you all.. *Gasp* I think I'm going soon.. Good bye everyone, good bye Jaejin-ah.. Saranghae----" Wonbin's hand, which was on Jaejin's head, dropped.

=========================================================================

---5 years later---

"Hongki!! how's everything on your side?!"

"Not bad! Yours?!"

"Good too!"

"Ya! Hyung! Why are you all shouting at each other early in the morning?!"

"Have you forgotten Seunghyun-ah?! It's the day Wonbin passed away and we're gonna go visit him!"

"Oh yes! How could I forget?! I'll go get Minhwan and Jaejin hyung!"

"No need, Jaejin's already out to  see Wonbin first and Minhwan went to buy the flowers. You're the last one up, dobe."

"Oh..."

---At the cemetry---

"Wonbin hyung... I miss you so much.. How are you? 'm doing fine. The five of us, all fine.. Seunghyun and Minari got together. I hope you'll bless the both of them as well as Jonghun hyung and Hongki hyung.. I miss you so much Wonbin hyung..." Jaejin started to shed tears.. He missed Wonbin so much..

Suddenly, he felt his tears being wiped away. He looked up. He saw a fade image of Wonbin's shadow.

"Don't worry Jaejin-ah.. I'll always be watching you and the gang from where I am.. And I promise, I won't let anything happen to anyone.. espacially you, Jaejin-ah.. Saranghae.."

Jaejin smiled.

"Nado hyung, Saranghae..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I finally finished!! :D Hoped you enjoyed it!! ^^