t.h.r.e.e

White Dragon's Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

A six-year-old Sooyeon shot up in bed in a cold sweat. She was crying. She called for her parents and they quickly came to her. They knew she had had another nightmare. She had been having a lot lately – nearly every night, actually. She never told them what they were about, though. They could only assume they were normal nightmares that every child had.

Her parents sat with her for a while. They comforted her as always and told her it was alright and to go back to sleep. They said it was only just a dream, and that dreams could not really hurt her. They kissed her forehead gently and told her she needed to get back to sleep. She did not want them to leave her, though. She wanted someone to stay with her. Those dreams made her so terrified. They tormented her so... Her parents just did not understand how scared she really was of them. But she was too afraid to tell her parents what she dreamt.

The visions she had seen in her nightmares were of ugly blue dragons – which she had never seen before in her life, save in her dream. They were ripping apart the town building by building. They killed anyone they saw. Blood and fire was everywhere. Then, from high above, a white dragon (whom could only be Lord Kim) swooped down and started to fight the three blue ones that were attacking his town. Their fight was taken skyward... until the white dragon fell. That was when she always woke up...

These were dreams she did not understand. Where were they coming from? Why was she having them? She had never seen such horrible things in her short life of only six years. She had never even heard of such things ever happening, let alone with the detail she was seeing. What bothered her the most, though, was the thought of Kim Taeyeon being hurt. She was always so worried about him when she woke. She wanted to know he was alright in reality. If only she could find out... if only he could be there to comfort her and let her know he was alright. If he was there, she knew he could protect her from the horrible dreams. She called out to him quietly, wanting so desperately to see him... to know he was well... to have him comfort her...

Suddenly, she felt a gentle warmth surround her. She could almost make out the outline of a dragon wrapped around her, looking down at her gently. She smiled broadly, her eyes shining with joy. Kim Taeyeon was there! He had come to her! She snuggled into her pillow, her eyes remaining on the vision she was having of the dragon lord. She did not know if he was real or if it was just her imagination doing overtime, but she had him there to keep watch over her nonetheless. She slowly drifted off into a quiet sleep, feeling completely safe.

The only dreams that came to her the rest of the night were sweet ones that any little girl should have.

Taeyeon had heard the child cry out to him so many times in his dreams. She had been begging him to help her... to help the town. Yes, he had been having dreams, too. She was in those dreams, threatened by the blue dragons that were attacking Oshlay. From his perspective, she actually seemed to be their main target, but she would always find a way to hide until he could reach her. He always rushed to the town's aid... to her aid. He would do his best to fight the three blue dragons. They always seemed to prevail, though. And he always woke in fear... and mild pain.

This night, though, when he had awoken from the nightmare, he had heard her voice calling out to him, th

Please log in to read the full chapter