Summer-The Voice. [BaekJi]

Seasons.

"...Nan~ Yeongwonhan neoui peterpan~

Geu sigane meomchun ni namja~

Seotuljiman~ Neomu saranghaetdeon~

Naui neoege danyeoga..."

Baekhyun's sweet voice were echoed around his room accompanied with the sounds of the guitar. It was the second week he's been living in the dorm-like room that he rented since the new semester started. It was the cheapest rent fare that he could find around his university since he couldn't afford the university's house. Being in the Art and Music student, Baekhyun always practise his singing in his room. After lunch, he'll be singing in the studio near his rent room. 

"It is boring around here. Those dorks are living far from here." Baekhyun sigh as he referred to his friends. He has two more days left for his summer break and he was alone. Eventhough he has a lot of friends around Seoul, but they were living quite far from his place. 

He looked out of the window and humming to 'Peter Pan' song again. Morning breeze were blowed on his face when he heard a sweet voice of a girl.

"... Kkumgyeo choreom naege nattana~ Kkumgyeom choreom nal ttonagaseo~ Dashi naege dorawa na neun yeogieaseo neol kidarilkei..."

Baekhyun somehow smiled at the voice. He didn't know why but he felt so warm after hearing the voice. He shook his head off.

" She has a good voice, indeed." Baekhyun nodded to himself before preparing to the studio. 

After his lunch, he directly headed to studio where his personal tutor were waiting. Having additional vocal classes did improve his singing.

"Hey Baekhyun. How's today ?" Mr. James asked as he saw him. Baekhyun just nodded.

"Yeah I'm good. Let's start now, sir. I'm excited." He grinned. Mr. James chuckled at his favorite student. Baekhyun is a very hardworking in his profession. As for that, most of his teachers even at the university, really loves him. They then practise his vocal and singing for 2 hours.

" Thanks, sir! I'll get going now!" Baekhyun bowed to his teacher before leaving the room. Once he left the studio room, he walked pass the studio room beside the one he used. There it goes again. The voice that he heard from his room.

" ...Dulman aneun bimil seureon~

Gobaek deureul~ Sogsakyeojwo Yeah~ 

Amudo moreul uri~ Dul manye iyagi~

Muni yeolli myeon~ Sarangi sijak doeneun got ~..."

Baekhyun chuckled as he recognized that voice.

" Ah. That girl have her practice here too ? " He smiled and peeked over the small window of the room's door. To his lucky, he only saw her hair from the back. He just smiled and walked back to his rented room.


Baekhyun woke up late the next day. It was 9 at the morning. Since he don't have vocal class or anything important, he decided to have some walk around the town. 

After had his late morning bath, he walked towards his window again and opened it. He heard that girl's voice again. She was singing 'All for you' a soundtrack of a drama. When she reached at the chorus part, Baekhyun sang along with her.

"...Neoreul wiihaeseo~

Neomaneul wiihaeseo~.." The girl silent to let Baekhyun sang the next part.

"...Nan sesang modeun geol da ankyeo jujineun mothajiman~..." Then Baekhyun silent this time to let her sing the next part.

"..Nan neo-ye-geman ije yaksokhal-ke~..."

"Ojing neoreul wiihan nae-ga twehl-ke..." Their voices sychronized.

The singing order was repeated for the next verse.
"...Is only for you just wanna be for you~..."

"...Neon geureohke chigeum moseub keudaero nae gyeote isseumyeon dwaeh~..."

"...Nan tashi taeyeonado~..."

The girl sing in higher key before their voices sychronized again for the second time.

"...Yeongwonhi neoman parabolkae~..."

Baekhyun smiled and chuckled. He tilted his head a bit to look at the other window. 

" You have a sweet voice!" He complimented. The girl from
the other room replied him.

" You too ! Thanks for the duet!" He then heard the girl chuckled. He then closed the window and prepared himself. 

He walked out of his room and peeked at the next door slightly before leaving. He don't know why but he felt want to meet the voice's owner. How does she looks like ? Is she as pretty as her voice ? He can't help it but all the questions keep playing in his mind. He then met the owner of the place he is staying and greet her.

" Afternoon, ahjummanim." The woman just bowed at him back. Before the woman can continue walking, Baekhyun stopped her.

" I'm sorry, ahjummanim. May I ask, is there someone move in the room beside mine ?" He asked. The woman blinked few times before remembering something.

" Ah, yes Baekhyun-ah. I'm sorry for not informing you. You have a neighbour now. Have you met her?" She asked back. Baekhyun shook his head and smiled.

" Maybe next time, ahjummanim. I'm going to be busy. Tomorrow my class already started." He said and bowed before leaving her.

Baekhyun enjoyed himself watching movie, karaoke-ing and eating alone. It was 8 pm when he done eating his dinner. He walked around the street and watched the sparkling light. Again, he can hear the girl's voice. She was singing Heroes by Mariah Carey this time.

"...And then a hero comes along~
With the strength to carry on~
And you cast your fears aside~
And you know you can survive~
So when you feel like hope is gone~
Look inside you and be strong~
And you'll finally see the truth~
That a hero lies in you~..."

He saw a crowd and he guessed the girl was between the crowd. He tried to slip through the crowd when he heard the girl said.

"Thank you, everyone." 

The crowd suddenly gave an applause causing him to cross the crowd harshly. He was so unlucky that when he reached at the center, the girl was gone. He chuckled before took his step way back home.

Once he reached his room, he looked at the next door again. He wanted to knock on the door and have a proper introduction with the girl but he have no courage. He then just shook his head and walked in his room.

 

" Ah class start again!" Kyungsoo, Baekhyun's bestfriend nagged at his ear. Baekhyun took his step away from him. 

" Yaa, Baekhyun! Did you just avoiding me ?" Kyungsoo seems pissed. 

" Yeah brat! We should be happy about this. Don't you miss your favorite teacher, Miss Luna ?" Baekhyun teased his friend who had a crush at their vocal teacher. Kyungsoo just scoffed.

When they walked passed the vocal's studio room, Miss Luna called Baekhyun and Kyungsoo.
They both looked at each other before walked in the room. There they saw Miss Luna with a girl. She looked very decent and have a pretty face.

" Baekhyun, Kyungsoo. Let me introduce your new classmate and coursemate. Her name is Eunji, Jung Eunji. Eunji, they are two of the best vocalist in our class." Miss Luna introduced the three of them. Eunji held out her hand and shook hands with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun. 

" Eunji." 

"Kyungsoo."

"Baekhyun." When their eyes met each other, Baekhyun don't know why but he felt like he knew her though that was his first time meeting her. 

" Baek, we have to go now. The boys are waiting for us." Kyungsoo said breaking their eye contact. " See you later, Eunji yaa."

Baekhyun smiled at her and she smiled back before he followed Kyungsoo from behind.


After fetching the other boys, Baekhyun and his friends walked towards the class. Once they reached the class, the other boys step inside and Baekhyun stopped when he heard a familiar voice. This time with a familiar song. It was that girl's voice and she was singing 'All for You'. 

' She's our classmate ?' He thought before peeking through the door. He widen his eyes when he saw Eunji was singing in front of the class as for introduction. 

He smiled and step inside towards the microphone. He picked the microphone and prepared to sing the chorus part with her.

"...Neoreul wiihaeseo neomaneul wiihaeseo..." Eunji saw Baekhyun and widen her eyes as he recognized his voice as well. She stopped her singing to let him continue and smiled.

"...Nan sesang modeun geol da ankyeo jujineun mothajiman~..."

She then continue singing with him as how they sang at their room.
"...Nan neo-ye-geman ije yaksokhal-ke~ 
Ojing neoreul wiihan nae-ga twehl-ke~

Is only for you just wanna be for you~
Neon geureohke chigeum moseub~ 
Keudaero nae gyeote isseumyeon dwaeh~
Nan tashi taeyeonado yeongwonhi neoman parabolkae~..." 

They stopped singing and the whole class gave them an applause. Baekhyun and Eunji were staring at each other eyes. Baekhyun put down his microphone while walking slowly towards Eunji. She were smiling at Baekhyun all the time and he smiled back. 

" Hey, sweet voice ?" Baekhyun greeted her as he reached close to her. Eunji chuckled. 

" Hey, you have a sweet voice too." Eunji smiled and Baekhyun can't help but smiled back. 

" Welcome here, Jung Eunji." Baekhyun welcomed her and they walk to their seats where Eunji chose to sit beside him.