FOR -me-.

Kim Hyoyeon- Drabble-Collection

 

Actually, when I was playing Dumb Ways to Die, this idea suddenly came up and I rushed typing it for only an hour. Afraid the idea would be washed away if i don't make it fast.

 

SORRY. But I'll do your requests next chapter(s) :) DONCHA WORRY.

 

 


 

 

 

He already likes her from the first time they met. Kai doesn’t believe in love at first sight so even though he can feel his heart beating so loud, palms getting sweaty and being paralyzed in his position whenever she would smile that angelic one of hers, Kai would think he’s only attracted. Not in love. Well maybe not yet.

 

It was only one fated rainy day when Kai, or Dr. Kim Jongin, his real name for his friends likes to call him Kai, leaves for his duty for a break and walks calmly with of course an umbrella to protect him from the rain. Destination: His favorite café that is coincidentally just very near the hospital he’s working on, when he spotted a head with blonde strands seating one of the bench in front of the café, soaking in rain, head down with no umbrella just a black jacket to stop the continuous drops of rain pouring down to her like heaven was crying at the solemn aura radiating from this girl.

 

Of course as a Doctor, Kai hurriedly shared the umbrella with the stranger, worried that she may get sick or she will really be since her bag, clothes and hair are heavily soaked now. Not feeling the raindrops anymore, the girl slowly lifted up her face and was met with Kai’s gaze.

 

Without any warnings, the girl suddenly hugged Kai and he felt pools of tears into his shirt and white coat.

He doesn’t know why too, but he hugged back and let the crying girl in the café and ordered two cappuccinos for them.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

“Dr.Kai!” A shout of his name made Kai whip his head to the familiar spot in the café where he and the one calling him, the girl he met that rainy day, would sit down and talk a lot of things.

 

He laughed while sitting down and layed his white lab coat in the side of the table as he greeted back; “Hello Hyoyeon. How many times have I told you to stop calling me Dr.Kai, just Kai.”

“Well you sound cool with it, so I love calling you that~” She said with a pout and Kai almost lost himself in a pile of goo.

 

“So, what do you want for today? Torta Caprese Cake or that Angel Cake?” He asked as a waiter already came to their table to get their orders.

 

“Uhmn.. I’ll have Torta Caprese.. I’m into Chocolate today, two for that please and the usual Cappuccinos.” She smiled warmly despite the coldness because of a threatening rain again, rainy weather is not Kai’s favorite but all annoyingness just vanishes whenever Hyo would put on that angelic smile of hers.

 

As the two munches down their food with a comfortable silence, Hyo cleared and placed down her fork, Kai looked up and sips on his drink.

 

“I think I cannot meet with you in these 2 weeks again Kai.” She said with sadness laced in her tone.

“Well, you usually say that, another project? Woah, first time that it’ll take you 2 weeks huh.” He said calmly but his heart is clenching, he may not take it, 2 weeks without seeing this angel. Pull it together Kai, he thinks. Sometimes, Hyo will say that she cannot meet up with Kai in the said café; there are times that it takes her 2-3 days but the maximum so far is 4 days.

 

Unlike her usual bright smile at the comment and a light pinch to Kai’s cheeks, Hyo just stared blankly at Kai’s face. Realizing the stare, Kai looked into Hyo’s eyes and there goes butterflies flying in his stomach again. He admitted, maybe this is not a simple liking anymore. Then a smug grin reached Hyo’s lips and they proceeded in chatting, enjoying the place even though it was raining hard outside the café.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Kai exhales. These two weeks have been so boring for his liking. He was sitting on his desk, waiting for his break to end. After their last meeting, Kai lost the appetite to eat in the café because there will be no blondie girl that would greet him, waving her petite and cute hands with that angel smile of hers. He smiles again at their first meeting. He never thought he would like a rainy day at once, because if it wasn’t for it, he wouldn’t meet Hyoyeon.

 

Then a beep on his teller indicated him that his break is now off and there is a patient waiting for him. He picks up his white lab coat and tucked in his shirt while placing his pen on one of his pockets. He pushed the bottom and a nurse called in.

 

“Dr. Kim, there is a patient that was just rushed into the hospital with a brain tumor and needed an operation now. Room 103, 3rd Floor, west wing.” Then Kai immediately ran and went to the said room.

 

As usual, there are parents, sobbing into their probably son or daughter whose life is in 50/50, as Dr.Kai runs pass and halted infont of the Room 103. Unlike the other rooms, this one has no people waiting outside... maybe the patient went alone. He was just an assistant to Dr.Hwang for this one, the doctor who supported the patient through in the hospital. Dr.Kai sweeps of the sweat in his forehead and one of the nurses opened the door for him. The sound of machines and smell of metal flowed in the room. The nurses quickly helped him to have his gloves and hairnet. Nodding to Dr.Hwang, Kai proceeded beside the patient’s bed. He grabs a cloth and looked at the patient.

 

 

 

 

 

 

His world stopped.

 

 

 

 

He never thought that he would meet her at last, in this moment, in this scene, in this day.

 

He never really thought why was Hyoyeon crying at that rainy day, all wet but seems like she doesn’t mind. And he never really thought why Hyo would need days to be not in their usual meet-ups in the café. Before he walks out from his office earlier, he finally concluded, he loves Hyoyeon.

 

He loves seeing her, talking to her, eating with her, sitting beside her and specially, smiling and laughing with her. She is Dr. Kim Jongin’s angel. An angel sent from heaven, that even if she falls, Kai is willing to catch and save her.

 

And now the said angel is currently lying in the bed he’s standing beside to. Dr.Hwang was already shouting his name, but questions are invading his mind. Then he caresses her cheeks, with a tear escaping from his eyes. Her eyes are closed, she seems like she’s only sleeping, not in the middle of a medical operation, but that angelic smile is still on.

 

And never in his life did Kai regretted his decision in not accepting the fact that he’s already in love with her and could’ve been a couple now, enjoying the moments they could’ve had, but no, they’re in this time. A patient trying to survive with the help of a Doctor.

 

And never in his life did Kai hate rain this much. The rain is like a proof that heaven is crying. Crying for the two people who met in the middle of a rain and separated with the rain continuing to flow down like no end.

 

 

 

unedited.