Flashback

A New Beginning
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

7 Feb 2013

 

“Seobang.”

“Hm?”

Jessica sighed as she shut again, not wanting to say anything lest she offend her beloved husband. She hugged Yuri's waist tightly and buried her face against the black pearl's shoulder. “Sica, are you okay?” Yuri asked as she leaned her head against Jessica's. “I'm okay.” The ice princess said nothing further and continued to hide her face from Yuri. 

It wasn't a normal thing for the normally clingy and possessive wife of hers, which caused Yuri to worry loads more than she already was. As much as Yuri wanted to comfort and ask about her Sica, it was clear that Jessica didn't want to talk to her at the moment and she sighed, caressing her silky blonde locks. 

“YulSic. Go and prepare your clothes.” Taeyeon said and went straight to the kitchen, arranging the utensils for cooking breakfast. “Yesh, Ma'am!” Yuri answered playfully as stood up with the shorter girl. Jessica clung onto Yuri like a koala and hugged the tanned girl's neck tightly, hinting to her that she wanted the usual princess routine.

Now the routine consists of 5 things. 

1.Carry Sica to wherever she wishes to go. 

2.Cuddle Sica to sleep. 

3.Obey Sica's every order and command. 

4.Cook for Sica whatever she wants. 

5.No leaving the house without Sica.

Yuri kept her word and did everything she wanted. Sometimes, even to the extent of making a huge fool out of herself. The girls were even jealous of Jessica because she could get Yuri to do anything she wanted. They were often mistaken as a couple, but of course none of them said anything to stop the rumours since they all knew Jessica was as straight as a bamboo stick.

Jessica began to strip out of her clothing, ignoring Yuri’s presence in the room. Yuri gulped and hurriedly faced the other way. “Sica, are you done?” Yuri asked as she covered her eyes with Jessica's pillow, giving the older girl the respect and privacy. “Yeah. Let's go, Yuri.” Jessica said coldly and walked down, leaving the tanned girl with her jaw dropped open. 

Since when did Jessica leave her like that? She was the one whining and clinging for Yuri every time, no exception. But today, it became worse and now, Jessica is being so cold to her. 

Something was very, very, extremely wrong. 

 

 

The girls were separated into two cars as usual. The white one consisted of 4 members while the black, 5. White: Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon and Seohyun. Black: Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Sunny. Yuri was silent throughout the whole ride, making the other 4 frown in concern.

“Yul, what's wrong?” Yoona asked, putting her hand on her best friend's thigh as she rubbed it comfortingly while the two shorties shifted and sat at the seats facing them. “Sica's being cold to me, I don't know why.” She pouted and leaned against Yoona's shoulder sadly, holding her hand as Yoona caressed her head gently. 

“Hm....”

The 4 dorks thought long and hard, but they just couldn't find the answer to that question. Yoona felt a bit helpless, her best friend was so upset over Jessica's coldness but yet, none of them could lift her mood up. 

Sunny snapped her fingers, “Is it because Hara has been coming over quite often?” Yuri furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, “Why is she even jealous of Hara? Haragoo's like our little sister.”

Taeyeon and Sooyoung face palmed themselves. How could Yuri be their y black pearl with abs to die for but have such a small brain? 

“Isn't it obvious?” Sooyoung blurted out and smacked Yuri's head.

“What?” Sunny, Yuri and Yoona let out. “If you're talking about Sica liking Yuri, then I'm pretty sure it's not because of that.” Sunny said confidently while the twins nodded cutely. 

“How bout we… …”

 

-

“Seobang?” Jessica called out, rubbing her eyes tiredly as she sat up in bed. 

“…” 

Her voice started to quiver, “Yuri!”

It wasn't usual for Yuri to be missing at 11pm. Normally, she would be cuddling the ice princess to sleep or simply humming a song for her to fall asleep to. 

Jessica felt insecure. Insecure when Yuri wasn't around. Not that the girls weren't as important, it was just different.

She took a deep breath and got out of bed, finding a post-it on her make-up table. 

 

Sica, go downstairs. We don't know where Yuri has gone and I think you would have the answer to that. She looked really lifeless and upset when she was telling us that you were cold to her. There was nothing we could do to stop her when she stormed out of the door just now. Please come down when you see this. 

 

It was Hyoyeon's handwriting and she could tell the girls weren't kidding this time. Her eyes teared up and her heart hurt, knowing how upset Yuri was because of her behaviour. How could she let her jealousy over Hara interfere in their friendship when she knew Yuri only saw her as a sister? 

Jessica ran down the stairs, not bothering about her messy appearance. Tears were threatening to spill and her body trembled as she neared the landing. 

Why was the living room decorated like that? 

Is it anyone's birthday? 

What is happening? 

So many confused thoughts were running through her head but she focused on one. 

Where was Yuri? 

“Yul?” She called out fearfully, gripping tightly to the cushion on the chair. “Yes, Sicababy. I'm here.” Yuri popped out of nowhere and carried a cute minion in her hand, making the ice princess melt and coo at the animation figure. 

Jessica turned around and sulked, not wanting to admit the fact that she had missed the black pearl so much during just a few hours. Yuri smiled, walking towards the shorter girl as she enveloped her in a heart-warming embrace. “I'm sorry, princess. I love you, don't be angry. Don't get jealous of Haragoo.. She's like my little sister. I know everything, the girls told me. I'm sorry I neglected you because of her... Forgive me?” Yuri whispered and buried her face into Jessica's neck. 

Jessica felt guilty. Yuri did this because she was throwing a childish fit at being jealous of Hara. She made Yuri worried, upset and nervous worrying about her. “I'm sorry, Seobang.” She turned around and threw her arms around the black pearl's neck. 

 

 

---

 

 

4/5 Dec 2013

 

5…

4…

3…

2…

1….

 

The girls got ready to scream but were all shoved aside by a shorty. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUL!!!!!!!!!!” Taeyeon exclaimed the moment the clock struck 12 and pounced onto the sleeping black pearl, waking Yuri up from dreamland. “Taeyeon-ah! We were planning to sing her a song, you idiot!” Sooyoung yelled and pulled the kid leader away from the tanned girl while the others piled onto Yuri. 

 

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to you

Happy birthday to our Yuri

Happy birthday to you!

 

Yuri teared as she saw her members holding a mickey mouse cake with 9 mice on them, each having a picture of a different member. Yoona was the first to hug her best friend followed by Hyoyeon and the rest. 

Yuri cupped Taeyeon's face and shook it from side to side playfully. “Yah! It's my birthday, why are you pouting?” Taeyeon pouted even more and clung to the black pearl childishly, making the other members roll their eyes. Yuri chuckled and wrapped her arms around Taeyeon's neck, ruffling the blonde locks.

She looked around, only to find a certain blonde missing. “Where's Sica?” Yuri asked, still holding onto the short dork. 

“…”

The girls suddenly remained silent as silence filled the air surrounding them. It was obvious there was something they were hiding from her. She slowly let go of Taeyeon and looked down for a while. “She's hanging out with Nichkhun and Seunghyun.” Sooyoung said, earning a couple of glares and nudges in the ribs. “What? How long do you expect her to be kept in the dark?” The shikshin challenged and the girls looked down, feeling guilty for having to throw this bomb on Yuri's birthday. 

Yuri kept silent and fiddled with her fingers as Yoona and Hyoyeon watched their best friend painfully. Yoona wrapped her arms around the pouting Yuri and kissed her cheek as a gesture of comfort. “Hehe… Girls, it's okay cause tonight we are going to have the time of our lives. Aren't we?” Yuri tried to cheer them up though she herself was dying inside; no point spoiling everything when they prepared so much for her.

The seven of them looked at each other, not knowing what to respond to her sudden change of mood. It was dangerous and scary at the same time. 

“Yah! Don't you know it's rude to ignore someone? Plus it's my birthday…” Yuri whined and hugged Yoona from the back, pouting childishly at the amused girls. “Alright… sorry. Happy birthday Yul, I love you.” Hyoyeon said and stood on her toes, kissing Yuri's forehead. “YAH!!! YUWREE IS MINE!” Tiffany playfully shouted and grabbed Yuri, running out of the room with the giggling black pearl as the other girls chased them in protest. 

Even without Jessica, Yuri was trying her best to have fun with the girls because of how hard they worked to give her a great birthday. It only showed her overwhelming love for the members. 

 

 

---

 

 

19 Feb 2014

 

“Get out.” Jessica muttered coldly.

Another voice challenged back just as coldly, “Why should I? It's my room too.”

“Then stop trying to analyze me, damn it!” The ice princess bellowed, earning the attention of the girls who were already standing by the door. “For goodness sakes, Sica! Think of how you've been acting lately! And what about Yul? You're going to continue treating her like trash? She doesn't deserve this treatment just because she confessed to the person she loves.” Sooyoung argued back, clenching her fists.

That's right. Yuri confessed to Jessica 2 weeks ago and it was a huge flop. After that, Yuri had been through hell and back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter