Chapter 1 — The Start of a Journey

Lost & Found

/1 Month Ago/

It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I suppose you have forgotten about me Choi Junsaeng. It’s been nearly 20 years since we have last met and contacted one another. I am the woman you have once hurt 20 years ago. I am Lee Chohwa.

20 years ago when you left me broken, I thought it was because you’ve finally decided to change your ways for the sake of your wife and children. But in actual fact, it’s because you got bored of me. I should have listened to my friends and stayed away from you, but it was too late as I’ve given you my everything and I love you too much to be away from you. Now it’s too late to say anything.

By the time you have read this letter, I suppose I am no longer alive. Hence, you don’t have to worry about me bothering your life as of now. I am writing you this letter is to tie off some loose ends.

When you broke things off with me 20 years ago and knew the actual reason why, I was angry and of course, upset. I then did a terrible mistake. I decided to get revenge from you. I knew your wife was pregnant with twins, and she was registered in the hospital I was working at. The night she gave birth to the twins, I snuck into the nursery and took your son away.

From that day on, I brought him up like my own son, as I know he is innocent and should not be blamed for whatever you’ve done to me. 

If you asked me whether I’ve regretted this selfish act of mine, I have to admit that initially I did regret and I felt very selfish of me to take the baby away from his birth parents. However, remembering the numerous affairs you and your wife once had and is still having, I felt I did nothing wrong.

I’m telling you this as I’ve instructed him to look for you and your wife after I’ve pass on. I hope you will look after him. I know you’ve not seen him nor have any interactions with him, however, he is still your son. I hope you will treat him the same way you treat your other three children.

Thank you and sorry.

His name is Choi Minho, and his photo is attached to this letter.

Lee Chohwa

/Present/

“Sir, a young man called Choi Minho is looking for you.”

\ \ \

“Annyeonghaseyo. Choi Minho imnida.” 

/ / / 

I am sorry for putting this chapter so late. I was busy watching You Who Came From The Stars. I hope you like this new chapter of mine ><