Prologue (I)

Lost & Found

My darling Minho,

I am sorry for not telling you what went wrong before. I know you will be saying that I am being selfish but I did it all for you. I know your dream is to study in Seoul University and this is your only chance. I can’t spoil this one chance because of me. I am old already; it’s perfectly fine for me to go. I would rather go now then to go later on. You know that I am scared of all kinds of pain, don’t you Minho.

Minho, I am sorry for not telling you this earlier on. I didn’t know how to tell you and I was afraid to tell you. I didn’t know what your reaction would be. However, now my time is up, I think it’s best for me to tell you.

Minho, I am not your birth mother. I am merely a mother who brought you up for the past 18 years. Your birth mother is in Seoul, waiting for you perhaps. Your birth parents didn’t abandon you or whatsoever. It was me because of a minute of foolishness who took you away from your birth parents.

I was angry for all the things your father has done to me.

Before you were born, I had an affair with your father. I am his mistress. I loved him with all my heart and I thought he love me as much as I love him. I didn’t mind being the mistress as long as he loves me but I was wrong, very wrong. He is not what I think he is.

Before me, he had numerous affairs and he would not stop because of me or even his wife. When he finally decided to break things off with me, I thought it was because his wife is pregnant; he wanted to be a good husband. Guess what, I’m wrong. He decided to break things off with me because he was bored with me.

I learnt from my friends that he and his wife married together because of lust and not love. Despite being in a married status, both he and his wife had numerous affairs with others and both know of the existence of these affairs. I was shocked and upset.

I was angry to know he was such a guy thus I wanted revenge and I stole you from them. I don’t think they will be good parents which just prove me right. Despite being married for 25 years, they are still having affairs outside. It’s unbelievable.

I did initially regretted separating you away from your actual family but the more I think of their numerous affairs, I felt that what I did then was right. If I didn’t take you away, I wonder what kind of person you will be. Will you be a heartbreaker like you father too?

Your parents are the chairman and vice-chairman of the number 1 tofu manufacturing company in Seoul, Seoul Dubu. Your father is Choi Junsaeng and your mother is Yuri Hirasawa. Besides your parents, you have three siblings. Choi Seunghyun, Choi Siwon and lastly your twin sister, Choi Sulli.

I know you will be angry, upset and even disappointed. However, I hope you will treat your siblings the proper way like how I taught you. They are innocent and have nothing to do with your parent’s unfaithfulness especially Sulli.

Learn to love her. Care for her.

Always remember what I say, life is all about losing and gaining. What you lose today, you will gain something worth more tomorrow.

You might think you have lost everything in your life now, but I believe you will gain something worth so much more in future. Do continue to chase for your dreams. If you get into Seoul University, work hard. All the best.

Also, remember that umma will always love you.

Love,

Lee Chohwa

/ / /

This is the first prologue, the next prologue will be up soon. If you do see any mistakes, please do notify me. 

Thanks for reading ^^