Chapter 6

LACRIMOSA

 

"Hmm, dead end."

 

The girls leaned forward in their seats, staring at the brick wall before them. Along with Shinyoung, the nine mages from Kaia had set foot out on Earth in search of the missing Key. Less than an hour into their escapade, they already found themselves in a slight difficulty.

 

Taeyeon looked up to the compass that Sunny, who sat in the front passenger seat, held up in her hand. The arrow pointed north but their path was blocked by a brick wall that extended a great distance down the road.

 

"Can't this car machine just… break through the wall?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"No!" Shinyoung exclaimed back at Taeyeon from the driver's seat.

 

"We can use magic to break through it," Sooyoung said from the seat behind Taeyeon.

 

"NO!" Shinyoung exclaimed even louder.

 

"Then unless this cart can fly, what do we do?" Hyoyeon asked from beside Sooyoung.

 

"Car," Jessica corrected the girl.

 

Sunny looked out the passenger window, the road they were driving on continued to the left alongside the wall. Taking a look outside Shinyoung's window, the road extended to the right as well.

 

"We may as well just go around," Sunny suggested.

 

"You're right," Shinyoung agreed as she started to reverse the car.

 

"Which way though?" Yuri asked. Shinyoung halted the car and look down both ways of the road.  She turned her attention back to the compass in Sunny's hand which continued to point north.

 

"Right!"

 

"Left!"

 

The mages exchanged glances with each other, all having spoken at the same time. They were silent for a moment, waiting for someone to make the decision for their route. They all turned their attention to Shinyoung and Sunny whom only stared back at the girls in return.

 

"Let's just go left," Shinyoung said, turning back around in her seat.

 

"What if left takes us further away from where we have to go?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

"What if right takes us further away?" Sooyoung asked Hyoyeon.

 

"Well there's no telling either way," Taeyeon said.

 

"I say right," Yuri said.

 

"Left!" Yoona shouted.

 

"Um, back?" Jessica said.

 

"Perhaps this is where we split up?"

 

The girls grew silent and turned to look at Seohyun at the back seat.

 

"Now?" Tiffany asked the young girl.

 

"Well, it's true any one of the routes could lead us astray. It would be better to take both routes," Seohyun explained.

 

"In which case, we'll have to send some of you down the other way," Shinyoung said.

 

The girls were silent. It was understood they would need to split up along the way eventually but they had not imagined so soon. Being a team that always stuck together, the idea of splitting up on this foreign planet became rather unnerving. How long would they remain apart? What if they would become lost and unable to find each other?

 

"We can't waste any time so it would be pretty bad if we end up going the wrong way," Tiffany said.

 

"So,” Yoona spoke, "who's going to go the other way?"

 

Silence took over once again, each pondering on whether they should take the bold move and head out on their own.

 

Bravely lifting her head, Yuri addressed the group. "We'll go first," she said, taking a glance at her designated partner, Jessica, beside her.

 

"You and Jessica?" Taeyeon asked.

 

"Yes," Yuri nodded her head, "we'll go." Yuri unbuckled her seat belt and turned to slide open the van door.

 

"Really? Are you guys sure?" Tiffany asked as Yuri stepped out of the car.

 

"Not really," Yuri spoke nervously, "but we don't have time to waste."

 

"Keep your cell phones with you at all times," Shinyoung instructed. "You shouldn't run into any trouble but if you do, call us immediately."

 

"We will," Yuri nodded her.

 

"Don't get lost either!" Tiffany said.

 

"We won't," Yuri smiled, "I have Jessica with me."

 

"Don't worry, I'll take care of her," Jessica smiled as she stepped out of the car as well.

 

"Ok then," Taeyeon said with anxious eyes. As the eldest, she felt compelled to care for her younger friends but in this case, she would not be able to watch out Yuri and Jessica. "Stay safe you two," Taeyeon said as she reached her hands out to Yuri and Jessica.

 

"We will," Jessica said as she and Yuri each gave Taeyeon's hand a reassuring squeeze.

 

"Be careful okay?" Sunny urged, leaning over from her seat.

 

"Don't worry. Just go, we're gonna waste time," Jessica insisted. The two bid their goodbyes to the others and Taeyeon hesitantly slid the door shut. Jessica and Yuri watched as the car drove down the opposite road, their companion's faces watching them through the back window. As the car drew further away, Yuri released a sigh and turned to Jessica.

 

"Let's go. You know your way around here don't you?"

 

"Not really," Jessica said, nonchalantly looking at her surroundings.

 

"What?"

 

"I've never seen this street before. Which way was Shingyoung's house again? I can't even remember which way we came from."

 

"Oh God," Yuri moaned, throwing her head back, "what on Kaia was on thinking?"

 

-

 

Yoona stared out the back window of the car, a pout gracing her lips. "You'll think they'll be fine?"

 

"They'll be fine. They can take care of themselves," Sunny assured.

 

"I still feel a little uncomfortable that we have to split up," Sooyoung said as she turned back around in her seat.

 

"We really have no other choice," Taeyeon said.

 

"I guess," Sooyoung said.

 

Taeyeon looked over the girls worried faces and felt the need to boost their spirits.

 

"Hey, don't worry guys. We have to do this if we want to find the Key as soon as possible. Even if we all split up, we're bound to end up on the same path once again. Don't worry though; we'll do our best to stick together till we find the Key. Nothing can keep us apart," Taeyeon smiled at her friends.

 

-

 

"Who was the sap who said we'd stick together till the end?"

 

"That was you, Taeyeon," Tiffany answered, arms crossed.

 

"…oh."

 

The two girls watched the car drive away from them. Since Jessica and Yuri had departed from the group, the dead ends only seemed to continue leading their group to further split up. Tiffany and Taeyeon were the last to head out on their own way leaving Shinyoung and Sunny to travel on their own in the opposite path.

 

"Well I didn't think Korea would be like a maze!" Taeyeon exclaimed as she and Tiffany began walking in the opposite direction.

 

They had made it into the metropolis of Seoul, where Taeyeon found herself curiously observing each and every corner of her surroundings. They walked down a bustling sidewalk, trying not to bump into the hoard of people around them. Taeyeon took note of their appearances, specifically their clothing which were very unlike the attires in Kaia but similar to what she was currently donned in. She raised her head up to the tall buildings above her, their architecture much different from the ones on her own planet. On the road to their side, cars of different sizes and colors zipped by them.

 

"You know," Taeyeon started, "I didn't know what to expect, but at the same time I was expecting to be… scared, actually."

 

Tiffany chuckled and turned to the elder girl, "are you?"

 

"No," Taeyeon slightly laughed. "It's almost just like in Essinia, except everything and everyone looks different."

 

"There are some similarities but they are differences as well. Magic, for one, doesn't exist here," Tiffany said.

 

"You may not have magic but I do like these cart machines though," Taeyeon said pointing to the passing by cars.

 

"Cars, Taeyeon," Tiffany laughed.

 

"I knew that," Taeyeon defended. She produced her compass from her pant pockets and took a look at the dial. It pointed east but the path was blocked, leading Taeyeon and Tiffany to go north while Shinyoung and Sunny went south.

 

Taeyeon spared a glance to Tiffany and noticed the wide grin of her face and sparkle in her eyes. She knew the reason behind the girl's warm smile.

 

"You must be happy to be back home," Taeyeon commented.

 

"Well," Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, "I do consider Kaia as my home now, but being back is just making me feel nostalgic."

 

"Do you miss it here?"

 

"I don't think about Earth all that often really, but being here now just reminds me of my childhood with my brother and sister, my dad… and my mom."

 

Taeyeon looked over to Tiffany when her voice grew softer. The smile on her became noticeably smaller and she had lost the spark in her eyes. Taeyeon knew her why her expression suddenly became so somber at the mention of her mother. She had left Earth for Kaia, her parent's original birthplace, when her mother had passed away. It was a long time ago but now returning to the place of her birth, Taeyeon imagined Tiffany would be overwhelmed with emotions. The few times Tiffany spoke about her mother, she would speak comfortably but Taeyeon did not wish to press the matter.

 

Taeyeon stepped closer to Tiffany and took her hand into her own, playfully swinging it back and forth which brought a small smile to Tiffany's lips. Taeyeon gave her hand a comforting squeeze before turning her attention back forward, where she took notice of something in the distance.

 

"Oh, is that a TV?" Taeyeon asked pointing to a large billboard over a building down the road.

 

"Uh, yeah, kind of," Tiffany answered.

 

"Does it have the cartoon with the talking duck and rabbit?"

 

"Come on Taeyeon," Tiffany giggled, "we have a job to do."

 

-

 

"So how have you been Shinyoung?" Sunny asked the short woman beside her.

 

"I've been doing great," she answered, her eyes fixated the road before her.

 

"You probably don't even miss us, huh?"

 

"Hey, I do miss you guys!" Shinyoung said sparing a glance at Sunny. "I plan to comeback home one day, but there's still so much here I wish to do."

 

"How is Earth anyways?" Sunny asked, taking a look outside her window at the passing by buildings.

 

"It took time to adjust in the beginning and to put it simply, lots of things are different here but in the end, it's nice," Shinyoung said with a smile.

 

"Do you really not use any magic? For the past couple of years you've lived here?" Sunny asked curiously.

 

"Rarely. I needed to adjust to Earth's ways so letting go of magic was the first step," Shinyoung explained. "Did guys miss me?" Shinyoung said, glancing over to Sunny.

 

"No I definitely don't miss you sticking hair up my nose to get a few laughs," Sunny replied with a smirk.

 

"You know you miss being my gag partner," Shinyoung smiled.

 

Sunny attempted to hold out her smile and failed to do so. "Maybe just a bit," she said, holding up her thumb and index finger, keeping them millimeters away from each other. The two ladies erupted into a cheery laughter before respectively returning their focus on driving and keeping an eye on the compass.

 

"So, how is everything in Essinia?" Shinyoung asked. "Is it really as bad as I was told?"

 

Sunny sighed in response, her facial features drooping. "We haven't even seen it for ourselves but everyone in Essinia, even my uncle, is just so scared right now. Can you even imagine, four villages completely wiped out? So many people killed, just like that," Sunny spoke, her eyes glazing as she stared off into the distance.

 

Shinyoung offered a sympathetic glance to Sunny. "It was a little hard to believe when I received Heechul's message. I didn't even have a chance to think before I found out you girls would already be on your way the next day."

 

"It is happening so fast but that's because we don't have any time to spare. More people could die any moment," Sunny said, her eyes b with anxiety.

 

"Don't worry Sunny," Shinyoung said as she placed a hand over Sunny's, "we'll find this Key soon and we can make everything better again."

 

"I really hope so," Sunny said looking out her window. She felt tense being away from home where turmoil was running amuck. She wanted to be by her uncle's side but right now, he needed Sunny and the girls to be right here.

 

"I hope the others are doing alright."

 

-

 

"Give it back!" Hyoyeon said pulling on a little boy's hand.

 

"No! Mine!" the small child retaliated, pulling back from Hyoyeon.

 

"No, mine!" Hyoyeon said, knelt on one knee, trying to pry open the little boy's fist. The boy stuck his tongue out Hyoyeon. "Oh you little-"

 

"Why did you give him the compass?" Sooyoung sternly spoke, her hands over her hips.

 

"I was just showing it to him!" Hyoyeon defended herself, turning back to Sooyoung. "He seemed so sweet with his innocent eyes and chubby cheeks, but I didn't know underneath that sugary exterior was the devil!" Hyoyeon exclaimed, turning back to the little boy with hysterical eyes. The boy once again stuck his tongue out at the elder girl who in response did the same.

 

"Hyoyeon, just get the compass back already," Sooyoung said.

 

"I'm trying but not only are these Earth children impeccably childish, they are strangely strong too," Hyoyeon grunted as she attempted to wrestle the compass back from the little boy.

 

"You're kind of brat too Hyoyeon."

 

"Because I am a Queen! That's a valid reason!"

 

Sooyoung sighed and turned away from the silly sight of Hyoyeon struggling with a small child, "just hurry up. We have to get moving."

 

"Urgh! Alright you know what, fine, let's go!"

 

Sooyoung turned back around expecting to see Hyoyeon successfully retrieve the compass, but was instead greeted by the sight of Hyoyeon carrying the small boy by the waist under her arm.

 

"What are you doing?" Sooyoung asked with wide, worried eyes.

 

"Taking the kid along. Let's see," Hyoyeon lifted the boys arm to look at the compass, "we're heading east."

 

"Hyoyeon-"

 

"What are you doing with my baby?!" a woman from the distance frantically cried.

 

"Uh oh," Hyoyeon muttered.

 

"Mommy!" The boy cried out to his mother who was running towards them.

 

"No, no, don't run you doofus!" Sooyoung quickly stopped Hyoyeon who was about to make a break for it. "Drop the kid, drop the kid!"

 

"Oh, right, right!" Hyoyeon quickly placed the boy back on the ground and snatched the compass out of his hand while he was distracted.  She and Sooyoung quickly ran as fast as they could from the oncoming scorned mother.

 

-

 

"So, he's expecting me to kiss him but I just stand there looking like a lost little child."

 

Boram stared, mouth slightly opened as she attentively listened to her friend, Minkyung's, tale. "What did you do?"

 

"I ran away."

 

From beside her, Soyeon sputtered as she tried to hold back her laughter. "I guess I'd probably do the same."

 

"He didn't run after you, did he?" Boram asked with stunned eyes, like a child being told a frightening story.

 

"No," Minkyung laughed, "thankfully, he's not that much of a creep," she said as she stood up from her seat at the counter. "I need to head back to work. Thanks for the coffee Boram!"

 

"Take care!" Boram shouted to her as she made her way towards the café's entrance.

 

"Minkyung! Minkyung! Minkey! Minkey! Monkey!"

 

Minkyung sighed, a smile plastered on her face as she turned around to the girl running her way. "Yes, Hyomin?"

 

"Could you give me ride to the university?" Hyomin asked with a sweet smile.

 

"Yeah sure, come on." Minkyung said as she turned back to the entrance.

 

"I'll see you all later!" Hyomin spoke to her friends in the café.

 

"See ya," Soyeon casually waved her hand to Hyomin, her attention remaining on her coffee.

 

The two girls exited the café and walked the short distance to Minkyung's car. Hyomin quickly hopped over to the passenger side and got in while Minkyung went around from the front of the car to reach the driver's side. She waited by the front for a moment as a black van crossed the road before making her way to the driver's seat.

 

-

 

"Hm," Sunny watched as the needle of the compass in her hand suddenly spin around. "What the…" the needle that was previously pointing south was now pointing in the opposite direction of north. Sunny looked back through the back window to see if they had missed any turn. "Shinyoung, I think we're going the wrong way."

 

"Didn't you say south?" Shinyoung asked, sparing a glance at Sunny.

 

"I did but the compass just suddenly spun north," Sunny said, tilting the compass into Shinyoung's view.

 

"Weird," Shinyoung said as she looked into the rear view window, "I don't think we missed any turns."

 

"Well, we'll have to go back," Sunny said.

 

"I can't turn around right here," Shinyoung said, taking mind of driving regulations, "there should be a U-turn up ahead."

 

After driving for a few more moments, they came across the U-turn and turned into the parallel road, now heading north. They continued driving with Sunny keeping her eyes fixated on the compass' direction. A few minutes later, the needle began to slowly edge east. Sunny immediately looked up to see a right turn in the short distance.

 

"Take that turn,” Sunny pointed to the upcoming turn. Shinyoung did as instructed and they were in accordance with the compass again. The small device however would continue to change its directions, whereas before it relayed a stationary course.

 

"That thing's not broken is it? Shinyoung asked.

 

"It can't be," Sunny responded, shaking her head. "Maybe… the Key is moving?"

 

Shinyoung was silent for a moment as she thought over Sunny's presumption. "Wouldn't that mean someone has it?"

 

The two ladies gave each other a hesitant glance. It was a known possibility but not one that had been thought through, would it come to as such.

 

"Let's just keep going," Sunny said.

 

Shinyoung continued driving, paying close attention to the enchanted compass' direction. Sunny couldn't help but feel anxious with the compass behaving in a strange manner. Their drive continued for several more minutes before Shinyoung had to come to a stop at a red light upon an intersection. Sunny looked left and right, alarmed by their sudden halt.

 

"Why are we stopping?" Sunny asked Shinyoung.

 

"You see that?" Shinyoung pointed to a street signal by the corner of the road, "it tells us to stop to let other cars pass," she explained to Sunny. Shinyoung glanced at the compass in the younger girl's hand and froze. "Sunny, why is the compass glowing?"

 

Sunny looked down at the compass and the gem in the center was indeed glowing. Sunny gasped as she raised the compass up, the gem at the core emanating a small but vibrant green glow.

 

"It's… it’s glowing!" Sunny exclaimed.

 

"What does that mean?" Shinyoung asked.

 

"They said it would glow when we come into a close distance to the Key!" Sunny stated. At the realization of her own words, Sunny looked out the windows, her eyes darting back and forth from all that surrounded them. "They Key is nearby."

 

Shinyoung followed Sunny's action, looking around at the surrounding cars, people and buildings. When she noticed the cars in front of them moving again, Shinyoung looked up to the signal to see the light had gone green.

 

"It's fading!" Sunny exclaimed.

 

Shinyoung looked back to the compass to see the green glow was slowly fading. She looked back to see the only difference in scenery was the cars ahead that were now driving away. It was then a thought struck the stout woman's mind.

 

Shinyoung looked up to the street signal, to the cars in front of them furthering away and then the compass. She again exchanged glances between the retreating cars and the compass before finally landing her sight back on the road, the wheels in her mind spinning.

 

"The key's in front of us."

 

Sunny stared up at Shinyoung with wide eyes and looked forward to where Shinyoung was staring at the parting cars. She brought the compass up into her view and watched the glow completely dissipate, just as the cars further distanced themselves. Could it really be?

 

Without warning, Shinyoung slammed her foot over the accelerator and sped after the cars.

 

"Shinyoung!" Sunny yelled, holding on to whatever she could, thrown by the cars sudden increase of speed. "What are you doing?!"

 

"They key's somewhere in front of us!" Shinyoung exclaimed as she drove frantically to reach the cars that were once in front of them.

 

"Are you sure?!"

 

"You said it glows when the key is near!"

 

"Well, yes!"

 

"Are you sure?!"

 

"Yes!"

 

Shinyoung accelerated the speed of the car, giving chase to their unknown target. The gem within the compass gradually began to regain its glow. Shinyoung maneuvered the car left and right past others, causing Sunny to rock back and forth in her seat.

 

"Are you even allowed to drive like this?!" Sunny asked, her voice wavering from the bumps and sways of the car.

 

"Not really," Shinyoung chuckled. Sunny merely gulped and held onto her seat as Shinyoung raced behind the other cars. Eventually, the gem of the compass regained its former glow; now they simply needed to keep their pace with it. Sunny looked at all the cars around them, was it possible one of them carried the key? The compass maintained its glow but it seemed so unlikely for them to stumble upon the Key so quickly. Sunny had imagined they would be searching for days before finally crossing paths with it. Could it be the Key was right here in Seoul?

 

The compass' glow began to fade as the needle spun east. Sunny immediately looked up to see if she could spot anyone traveling east but there were too many cars on the road and lot of them took the upcoming right turn heading east.

 

"Shinyoung, take that turn," Sunny instructed, pointing to the oncoming right turn. Shinyoung did as told, turning into the intersection. The compass' glow was slightly fading as further traffic bundled onto the road, disallowing them from picking up any further speed.

 

"We'll just need to keep up," Shinyoung said. "If someone in front of us has the Key, they're bound to stop somewhere."

 

-

 

Shinyoung pulled over in front of a large, wide building with many young people roaming about at the front. They lost track of their unknown target due to the heavy traffic. The glow of the compass had disappeared and they were left to continue following its directions once again. After 15 minutes of more driving, they were brought to the university before them, the compass pointing directly at it.

 

"In there?" Sunny looked at Shinyoung, pointing to the University building.

 

"It's where the compass is pointing, we may as well take a look," Shinyoung said. "I can't park here, you go ahead and I'll catch up."

 

"Ok," Sunny agreed as she moved to unbuckle her seatbelt. She got out of the car, shutting the door behind her and made her way to the building. She paid no mind to the horde of people or being in such an unfamiliar place at first but later regretted going without Shinyoung.

 

Inside there were even more people, all going about their business. Sunny felt uneasy amongst the crowd but they did not spare a glance at her. To them, she looked just like another student in the university. Sunny shook off her nerves and returned her attention to the compass. There were so many rooms, hallways and stairs and she could understand how to make her away around. Despite closely following the compass' directions, she felt she had lost herself in the massive building. She was overjoyed when the cell phone she possessed rang, signaling a call from Shinyoung.

 

"Shinyoung?" Sunny spoke into the cell phone.

 

"Sunny, where are you?

 

Sunny eye darted left and right as she stood in the center of a mass of people in the large hallway. “I have no idea."

 

"The compass lead you anywhere?"

 

"So far, nowhere," Sunny said lifting up the compass which pointed north but was still it without its glow.

 

"Ok just come back to the entrance, I'm waiting for you here," Shinyoung informed her.

 

"Alright then," Sunny said before the removing the cell phone from her ear. She resumed walking down the lengthy hallway, sparing glance at the young people around her. Boys and girls, with bags slung over their shoulders and books in their hands. Sunny realized the sight was rather similar to the Academies back home. This was the first time Sunny was able to see the people of Earth up close, having travelled in Shinyoung's car till now. Thus far, Earth seemed to be an endearing place, different from Essinia but at the same time, not so much.

 

Sunny sighed, she wouldn't have much time to enjoy this planet as she was with a task that needed her complete focus. Sunny raised the compass to her sight and stopped in her tracks.

 

The gem was glowing again.

 

Sunny lifted her head up, trying to look through the crowd to spot anything out of the ordinary. She looked back down at compass, it continued to point north as Sunny resumed walking, picking up her pace. Within moments, the gem's glow began to increase. Sunny held her breath, she was getting close.

 

She began to walk even faster. Her eyes engrossed in the compass and her heart began to race as the gem grew brighter and brighter and…

 

"OW!" Sunny exclaimed as her head collided with something and she stumbled backwards onto the floor. Sunny grimaced as she pressed a hand over forehead.

 

"I'm so sorry!" a soft voiced yelped, a figure sitting in front of her in the same manner.

 

"No, no it's okay," Sunny insisted as she speedily picked herself up only to collide her head with the other person again as they stood up at the same time. "Ahh," Sunny grimaced as she buried her head in her hands.

 

"Sorry!" the soft voice whimpered.

 

Sunny peaked an eye open to see a slim framed girl with dark hair that went past her shoulders, rubbing her own forehead in her hand.

 

"Don't worry about," Sunny said. She hoisted herself up, slowly this time, and offered a hand to the girl who gladly accepted.

 

"I wasn't really paying attention, I'm sorry," the girl apologized once more.

 

"Again, don't worry about it," Sunny assured her, offering a smile. The girl smiled in return and lightly bowed her head which surprised Sunny but she bowed her head in return as it was a familiar custom of her own country.

 

As the girl walked away, Sunny continued forward but immediately froze when she looked down at the compass. The glow was stronger than ever, resonating a bright aura, however, what mostly caught her notice was the change in direction. It had earlier pointed north but now was in the opposite direction of south.

 

Sunny spun around but saw nothing in particular other than the crowd and the girl she had earlier bumped into walking away. Sunny looked back down at the compass and noticed the glow disintegrating once again. Looking back up, she saw only the same sight but her eyes were drawn to the girl. Sparing at the glance at the compass again, the glow continued to fade, just as the girl walked further and further. As the wheels in Sunny's head began to turn, her feet instinctively began to move, trailing after the girl. Her mind was still ticking and she didn't quite understand what she was doing, but as the glow of compass began to return, she found herself walking faster. She continuously exchanged glances between the girl and the compass, the closer she got the, the brighter the gem became. Sunny was now jogging up behind the girl until she was right behind her, keeping a short distance so as not to alarm her.

 

Sunny looked down the compass as she maintained her pace behind the girl, it radiated a bright shine in her hand and the needle was ever so slightly trembling. Cautiously, while keeping her distance, she reached out her arm and held the compass just centimeters from the girls’ back. The compass suddenly erupted in a fiery emerald blaze and the needle spun in frenzy. Sunny took an intake of breath as she watched the spectacle with wide, fascinated eyes. This reaction by the compass, it must mean it has landed upon the key. She lifted her eyes up to girl who was still unbeknownst to Sunny.

 

Sunny stopped in her tracks and watched as the girl walked away, the compass' effects simultaneously diminishing as well. Was it possible?

 

Two girls whizzed pass Sunny and up to the tall brunette girl.

 

"Hey Hyomin!" one of them greeted the girl.

 

"There you are," Hyomin said as she smiled at the two girls, "I was looking all over for you two."

 

Sunny watched as the girl continued to walk away, her heart beating rapidly as the realization dawned upon. She hastily brought out the cell phone from her pocket and quickly sent a call to Shinyoung as she had been taught.  She placed the phone to her ear and anxiously waited for Shinyoung to attend her phone, all the while keeping her eyes on the retreating form of the girl.

 

"Sunny?" Shinyoung voice finally sounded through the phone.

 

"Shinyoung!" Sunny exclaimed into the phone. She took a deep gulp before continuing.

 

"I… I think I found the Key."