Chapter 6

It's okay, I still love you

'Can I start working again? It's bored at home'

‘But why? I can support the both of us myself, can't I?’

‘You’re always out at work and I don’t know what to do at home.’

‘Okay, but what would you want to work as?’

‘I want to start designing again.Will you allow me to?’

‘Let's see. Ill allow you to work but under one condition.'

'What is it?' Suho's eyes waited for the condition worriedly.

'Please don't look at other guys. If not, I’ll bite you,' Kris joked as he pretend to bite Suho’s neck.

‘Oh look I'm so scared right now.’ he said sarcastically and they ended the joke with a laugh.

Suho had tried applying for the job and thankfully he was accepted. It’s finally the day of his interview and in fact he was very excited for it. It’s been a while since he’s stop working and he can’t wait to start working all over again especially in the path that he majored in. Of course he was nervous, but looking at his husband’s face managed to calm him down.

‘I’ll get going, sweetie. All the best for your interview later. Don’t be nervous. Think of me when you are.’ Kris smiled and left.

He bid farewell to Kris first before changing into a formal wear for his interview. Suho had decided to wear black skinnies with a matching marroon dress shirt. Instead of his usual fluffy brown hair, he decided to comb his fringe to the side giving him the professional looked. He placed all his designs in a neat file and packed all the needed records and information about himself in a brown clutch bag. He looked at himself for one last time in the mirror before heading off to his designated destination. It was still early before his interview so he decided to go to the café to grab a cup of Iced Americano before going to the company.

He parked his white car and was walking towards café when he had forgotten where he had placed his wallet. He was searching for it in his bag when someone bumped into him causing the contents of his bag to fall out.

‘Oh I’m so sorry. I didn’t see you. Let me help you with that,’ the man said. He had a gentle voice, not one of those low voices like Kris.

‘Wait, he sounds familiar’ Suho thought.

‘Oh no, it’s okay. My fault. Thank you,’ Suho said as he stood up. ‘Wait, Yixing?’

‘How’d you know my- oh wait! Suho hyung?! Oh my God’ Yixing exclaimed and pulled him into a hug.

‘Where have you been?’ Suho hugged him back.

‘I just came back from Paris two months ago. So, I’m staying here, for good, to continue my dad’s company that he had handed over to me. How about you? By the way, how’s your oh-so-charming husband you always talk to me about last time? and where are you going?’ Yixing asked in a sing-a-song tone.

‘He’s fine. I mean we’re fine. Yes, my oh-so-charming husband is getting more handsome day by day. Haha. Urm I’m here to get some coffee. Then, I’m going for a job interview.’

‘Is it somewhere around this area?’ Yixing asked, suspicious. Suho nodded and smiled. Yixing looked at his watch and gasped.

'Hyung! I am so late for a meeting so I need to go first! See you soon!' Suho nodded and looked at Yixing leave. Suho then sat at the café for a while fiddling with his phone and enjoying his coffee. Once done, he head over to the company excitedly.

‘Here we are’ he thought as he stood infront of the office building. It was a modern building made out of glass and it has a board that states the company’s name: ‘EL DORADO’. Suho entered the building and was amazed at its beautiful interior. He registered his name at the counter and waited at the sofa for his name to be called out.

‘Mr Kim,’ the secretary finally called out. ‘This way please.’ Suho followed her to the director’s office. He was hopeful that he was able to get this job. He didn't know why but he felt belonged to the company. The atmosphere and surroundings made him feel at work- though he’s not literally accepted yet. He inhaled a deep breath and gathered his confidence before pushing the door of the Director’s office.

‘Good morn- Yixing?!’

‘Surprise surprise! My my look at your pale face whenever you’re shocked,' Yixing shook his head. 'Come here. Sit down.’ Yixing teased. Suho closed the door behind him and crossed his arm across his chest.

‘So you were expecting me? You knew I was going to come? And you didn’t say anything?’

‘Of course!’ Lay smiled showing his dimple. ‘Don’t worry, I’ve accepted you as a full-time worker here. I’ve seen your designs before. Congratulations! We took the same major didn’t we? Come. I'd like to see the designs you’ve prepared for me. Let’s talk for a bit.’

‘Wow Yixing, thank you,’ Yixing chuckled. Suho sat down on the chair and handed Yixing his designs. 

‘No worries. It's my pleasure. Wow. Your designs are as good as before. No wonder a straight A student.’ Yixing praised, satisfied of Suho’s designs. It’s been really a long time since they’ve met. Since Yixing doesn’t have much work to do, they decided to talk and spend some time together. Yixing brought Suho out and treated him to lunch. They had so much fun time together that they had forgotten the time. With that, they bid farewell and meet again at work the next day.

Surprisingly today, Kris reached home early. He was pretty worried about Suho who haven’t returned home yet. It was nearly 9PM and Kris kept looking at his phone in case of any messages of calls from him. Kris heard the door being unlocked and quickly rushes to the door. Suho entered with a sullen face.

‘Sweetie, are you okay?’ Kris asked worried. Suho refused to say anything and locked the door behind him.

‘How’s the interview? Were you accepted?’ Suho just looked up and stared at Kris with teary eyes.

'Oh no, you didn't got in, did you? I'm sorry,' Kris pulled his arms to hug him but before he was able to do that Suho exclaimed.

‘I’ve got accepted!’ and he threw his hands around Kris’s neck. Kris was shocked yet relieved by his reactions. Kris hugged Suho tightly as he closed his eyes, savouring the moment. 'My acting was great. wasn't it?' 

Kris chuckled and nodded in the hug. ‘I love you, Suho. Do you love me?’

‘Kris, what's with the sudden question? You know I do. Is there anything you want to tell me?’ Suho asked, puzzled from Kris’s question.

‘If you do, trust me and don’t leave me okay?’ Kris said as he hugged Suho tighter. Suho nodded and Kris pulled back. ‘Come! I’ve cooked for you your favourite dish. Let’s eat!’ Kris’s sudden change of emotions got Suho suspicious. However, he did not let it bother him and ate dinner with his dearly husband.


Hello lovelies!

Since it's been a long time since I've updated, here's a double update for you guys! Enjoy!