Bonus Chapter 1

It's okay, I still love you

‘Whatcha ordering?’ Tao asked his best friend, Kris. Both of them are standing in front of the counter with the menu facing them. It’s almost 7PM and class just ended so they felt like grabbing a cup of coffee. University life has been really tough for both of them that they need coffee every now and then to energize themselves. A hot cup of coffee would be really good especially in this cold winter season. Both of them have been best-friends since the start of their university year. Well, basically it’s because both of them are in the same course and they are in love with coffee.

‘Caramel Macchiato filled with love’ Kris replied. Tao who was staring at the menu chuckled at Kris’s answer and turned to look at his best friend. Apparently, Kris wasn’t even looking at the menu but at someone not far from the distance.

‘Who’s that?’ Tao asked.

‘The one I’ve been searching for’ Kris said, fascinated.

There lies in not far in front of him, a brown-haired male, smaller-sized than Kris, was sitting alone by the window with a cup of coffee in front of him on the table. His legs were crossed and the book that he was reading rested perfectly on his thighs giving him a comfortable position to read. As he looked down on his book, his wavy brown hair followed causing his fringe to cover his forehead fully. He was wearing a black button-downed shirt that he matches it with a maroon vest together with his black coat that was hung at the back of the chair. It was a beautiful sight. At least, to Kris. The male’s long fingers flipped the page gently yet elegantly not wanting to produce any creases to the page. The part of the book that he was reading must have been a funny one that caused him to smile showing his white aligned teeth. The snow falling outside together with the bright street lights added to the beautiful atmosphere. The bright lights shone on him making him look like an angel that was sent from heaven in which Kris couldn’t get his eyes away from. His thoughts were interrupted when Tao suddenly nudged him.

‘Wow our Kris is finally in love huh?’ Tao joked.

‘He’s pretty isn’t he? I’ve never seen him here in the café before.’ Kris said but Tao just shrugged and went on deciding on what he should get. Kris was too mesmerized by his beauty that he did not even realise that it was his turn to order. After ordering, Tao and Kris had to leave immediately, in order not to be late home for dinner. Kris hoped that he will be able to meet him again the next time he comes to the café.

And yes, his dream came true. The next time, he came to the café, he saw the male again sitting at the same table however, with a different book. This time, he had a scarf around his neck which Kris felt that he looked cute. Tao just rolled his eyes and went on to buying his drink.

There were quite a number of times when Kris saw him at the café either reading a book, or busily completing assignments on his laptop. Kris never gets bored of the sight as seeing him there at that table cheers him up. Its reaches to the extent that Kris’s depressing day an turns into a cheerful and happy one in a matter of seconds. Kris would always show his gum smile when he sees him there. Kris would even think about him as he lay on his bed before drifting off to sleep. If he’s lucky enough, Kris will have him in his dreams where Kris will wake up with a smile the next morning. Nowadays, he’s not even paying attention in class because he’s busy thinking about him. Tao would often need to nudge Kris, to get him back from his daydream and pay attention in class. There’s once where, Kris was even asked to teach the whole class as a punishment because he wasn’t even paying attention in class. Despite all the punishments and teasing, Kris enjoyed it. He still passes his tests with flying colours even though you can say that he is actually quite distracted. Tao who noticed in him told him off.

‘Kris. You know what? I guess you should just confess. You’ve been like a creeper for the past month staring and smiling to yourself. If you’re scared, just think that you’re doing it for me as a favour. I can’t stand you smiling like an idiot in class. Gosh so embarrassing,’ Tao said as they were walking towards their next class. Kris who was munching on his cookie was thinking how he should approach the male. He thought thoroughly and hopes that he wouldn’t make any mistake.

That evening, after class, Kris as usual would go to the café to grab his all time favourite caramel macchiato. Tao had to rush home early to complete his overdue assignment and couldn’t come along. Kris thought that this would be a good opportunity for him to approach him.

Kris entered the café and saw him wearing a greyish-red pullover with a pair of black skinnies. Kris had worn a chekered button down shirt with a pullover and a black coat. He had his beanie worn covering parts of his blonde hair today which actually made him look cute. He bought his drink and head towards his table.

‘Excuse me, may I sit here?’ Kris asked politely.

‘Um there’s someone sitting there,’ He looked up and replied. Kris’s lips turn in a pout out of disappointment. He felt like he had lost his chance. ‘Haha there’s no one actually. You may seat there’ he said with a smile. Kris suddenly felt stupid and gave out an awkward laugh before sitting on the seat opposite him and placing his coffee on the table. He placed his bag on the floor and leaned back on the back rest.

‘I see you always come here to buy coffee?’ he asked.

‘Oh me? Yeah. I love coffee. I’m lucky that my school is just across the street,’ Kris answered.

‘Same here! Americano’s my favourite! But, since its winter a hot cup of latte would be good,’ he said as he sipped his latte. He placed his cup down and he had some foam on his lips.

‘Oh um you have some foam there. Let me do it for you,’ Kris offered and he swiped his thumb across his lips. ‘Sorry hope you didn’t mind that’

‘Ahah it’s okay. Oh I'm Junmyeon. Kim Junmyeon. You can call me Suho. That’s what people always call me,’ Suho offered his hands for a handshake.

‘Im Kris. Nice to meet you,’ Kris received Suho’s handshake and it sent chills down Kris’s spine the moment his hands met with Suho’s. Kris just gave Suho his gum smile and pulled back his hands. However, Kris actually hopes that their hands were embraced longer. The warmth that he felt when he touched Suho’s hands was perfect. Kris kept looking at those pink lips that’s he’s been yearning to place his own lips on. It was difficult for him to hold it in as it was just tempting for him to simply ignore it. Their conversation didn’t just end there. In fact, Suho closed the book he was reading and went on talking to Kris and introduce about himself. Though they were actually strangers, they started talking about themselves like their interests a little too fast then they should. They went on talking and laughing till it was about 10PM. They went on knowing that it was a 24 hour café and it’ll be less likely for them to be chased out of there. They laughed till their stomach hurts and were tearing from laughing to hard. They got pretty close with each other considering the duration since they’ve met. Kris thought that maybe Suho had a little tinge of interest for him as well that got them to escalate pretty far in a matter of 5 hours.

When they finally had to leave for home, Kris volunteered to send Suho but Suho refused and Kris was actually fine with it. He didn’t really want to force him as Kris just knew him 5 hours ago. So, Kris hailed a taxi for him and sent him off. Kris waved a goodbye to Suho before he leave and he started jumping and cheering directly after. Kris was in fact more than happy that he finally had the courage to approach the one who he believes is the one for him. It may seem really simple but you don’t know how many times he practised in front of the mirror trying and finding out new ideas on how to approach Suho. He didn’t want it to be an awkward one. I’m not saying that the meet-up and all he said was planned, but it takes a lot of courage to do it again after a long time. Yes, again. Kris went through a really hard time once after he found out that his girlfriend had broke up with him because she had brain tumour and didn’t want him to worry about him.

Suho, on the other hand, was peeking at the rear mirror to catch a last glimpse of Kris when he started giggling seeing Kris being so happy on the street by himself. Suho have also been observing Kris for quite awhile but just pretended like he didn’t know anything about him. Suho will always guess correctly of what his order would be when he comes to buy a drink. Kris’s low voice was loud enough for him to hear what he was talking about at the counter. Suho came to the café frequently was because of him too. Suho wants to see him. Just like Kris, Suho feel loved and noticed every time Kris looked at him. He doesn’t know the reason why but he just felt that way.

Kris got home, lied on his stomach on the bed and immediately messaged his best friend.

 From Kris:

Tao! Guess what! I approached him today! And we got REALLY close.

From Tao:

Wow finally! Guess I won be seeing you looking like an idiot anymore. Am I right?

From Kris:

Yes, finally! He’s so cute! I want to hug him so badly.  Ahah oops

Kris waited for Tao’s message but he did not reply. Kris assumed that he must have dozed off to sleep as it was quite late at night already. It had occurred a few times too where Tao won’t reply to Kris’s messages because his phone will run out of battery often so somehow Kris got use to it. Kris sighed and lied on the bed facing the ceiling.

‘Finally. I’m in love again,’ he thought.


Hey my lovelies!

I'm back with a bonus chapter as promised :) Hope you like it!!

Should I continue with Chapter 4 orrr continue with Bonus Chapter 2 which is the continuation of Bonus Chapter 1. Do comment! The rising tension of their marriage life HOHOHO