Chapter 5

It's okay, I still love you

The trip back home from the hospital in the taxi was a silent one.

Suho hasn’t been talking much since they day Kris revealed about the accident and neither has been eating much. Kris, on the other hand, is full of worry towards his dear husband. The number of times he tried to persuade Suho to eat his food was countless. Suho has been feeling down all day and sending most of his time on the hospital bed crying. Kris doesn’t know what else to do to make him better. He had apologised countless times for his mistake yet no response was given. He had tried to buy for Suho his favourite gifts that he loves to receive from Kris but neither of them was accepted. Suho will just look at the brown teddy bear that he had bought for his dear Yun Hee and will start crying eveytime he thinks of her. Things could get worst when Suho will start to rage and starts throwing things in the room around. Unfortunately, the doctor will just have to give him an injection to calm him down. The doctor themselves doesn’t know what to do but just depend on Kris to bring him back to normal. Since Suho is not eating well, his body is just depending on drips that the doctor had provided him. Kris hates especially to see him husband, injected with the needles that should not even be there. Suho was able to do everything on his own, but they had to resort to this as he refused to do any of it for himself.

‘Sweetheart, shall we go buy some food to eat?’ Kris finally asked. But his questions were answered with silence. ‘It’s okay, I’ll just cook for you then’ Kris turned to Suho, who’s looking out at the window, giving him a forced smile. A drop of tear landed on his cheek seeing his husband condition getting worse day by day. He realised that it was his mistake, well not fully his mistake because of the brake of the car that broke, but he felt guilty about it. 4 years, waiting for their one and only child but Poof! She’s gone in a matter of seconds.

Once home, despite his fractured arm, Kris went to help Suho out of the taxi and into their room for him to rest. After his settled down, Kris went down to cook for him his favourite chicken soup. It wasn’t difficult for Kris in his condition; he could manage it well by himself. He brought it up and wakes Suho up for a while to have his lunch. He helped Suho up before feeding him some soup. But Suho pushed away Kris’s hands away

‘Sweetie, please. Eat some. I don’t want you to fall sick. Please.’ Kris begged.

‘Kris…’ Suho called with his soft yet lovely voice.

‘Yes?’ Kris replied as his place the bowl of soup on the table so as to not spill it.

‘Why must it be us?’ Suho asked as tears start to well up in his eyes.

‘I’m sorry. It’s my fault. I know. I’m so so sorry. I should have been careful. It would not have happened if I was careful back then. I’m sorry,’ Kris pulled Suho into a hug.

‘Why us, Kris? Why me? Why not others?’ 

‘Don’t say like that. Maybe she’s just not for us. She deserves something better. Now eat will you? You’re getting skinnier every day.’ Kris persuaded.

Kris was about to feed him when the telephone rang. He gave the bowl to Suho while he went to pick up the telephone. He then re-entered the room with the telephone in hand and pass it to Suho.

‘It’s Sehun’ Kris said.

‘Hello?’

‘Hyung!!!’ Sehun screamed into the telephone causing Suho to pull it back from his ear a little. ‘How’s the baby? Is she beautiful? Wait, of course she is. What’s her name? I wanna meet her someday! I can imagine her being so chubby and-‘

‘She’s gone Sehun-ah,’ Suho whispered.

‘Huh what?’

‘She’s gone, I said. She passed away in an accident. None of her body remains were found.’ A tear flowed down Suho’s cheek. Kris who was listening to their conversation was staring at Suho the whole time, afraid he might not be able to handle it.

‘Hyung…I’m so so sorry I didn’t know that. I wish I could visit you but Luhan and I are in Australia, preparing our pre-wedding photos. I’m sorry I couldn’t be with you right now. You must’ve gone through a lot. Hyung, I need to go for our shoot now. Rest well. Talk to you soon.’

‘It’s okay Sehun ah. Goodbye.’ Suho hung up the phone and continued eating his soup. Kris is finally happy that Suho is able to accept things now. It must’ve been tough for him who’s facing a lot of challenges recently.

Days passed by and Suho’s condition is getting better. Kris would always come home seeing a cheerful Suho. He loved seeing the happy and sweet Suho back and spending time with him whenever they are together. Suho is trying to gradually accept for what had happened to them was neither his nor Kris’s fault. It’s her fate. They can’t change it but to just be happy as it might the best for her. Kris knowing what had happened wants to make love again with Suho so that they could have another child soon. By looking at his condition, Kris feels that it would be better to give Suho more rest so that he could be ready for what’s coming next in life. Suho understood that all of these happened must have been challenges in life that he has to face. It’s not that he wishes for more but sometimes, he can’t just avoid it, it happens.

Yes, like what happens between Kris and Eun Hae. Kris, as usual, returns home late from clubbing with Eun Hae but admitted that he had a lot of work to complete in the office. Suho understood as he might have missed out too much counting the number of times he did not go to work. It might reach to the extent where Kris did not return back home till the next day. Suho was left at home in a worried state without any calls or messages. It was only when Kris’s return the next day that he had forgot to inform Suho that he will be spending his night in the office. In actual fact, you know where he is. Spending his night in the hotel room with Eun Hae.

Suho pitied his husband a lot. Day and night, work non-stop. It was until one day where he decided that he shall do something to help his husband.

‘Baby, will you stop doing your work for a while? I’m lonely,’ Suho whined. Kris stopped typing and looked at his husband, lying on the bed sideways looking bored while fiddling on his phone. Kris smile and went on the bed beside him.

‘Come here,’ he pulled Suho by his waist. He sat on the bed, back hugging Suho and Suho leaning on his chest. Kris was savouring the moment before he finally said, ‘I miss you.’

‘No, I don’t believe you. I bet you miss your work more. You always spend a lot of time with them.’

‘Oh look. My sweetheart is being jelaous. Of course I miss my work. But I miss you more,’ Kris said as he snuggle into Suho’s neck. ‘I need to work for you. For our future child.’

‘You’re always so busy these days. We rarely spend our time together. It’s been a long time since we’ve gone out. Can I ask you a question?’

‘What is it’

‘Can I start working again?'


Hey lovelies!

I know you guys are cravingg for the next chapter. Here it is! I'm really sorry for the late update.

I hope you guys enjoy it! :D