Losing a Best Friend

Her Last Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Writer POV

Series of voices and laughters filled the dressing room of Beast. Everyone was having a great time sharing stories and laughing at something that they find it funny without noticing a quiet soul present in the room.

He was deep in thought about his best friend.  The thought that he will lost his best friend forever is always on his mind for the past 2 weeks. The feeling of sadness, scared and worried was so unbearable for him. The fact that he has to keep it as a secret and act like there is nothing wrong from everyone starting to kill him on the inside. Yet he still tried his best to appear happy in front his fans, family and friends but little that he knows that someone actually notice that he actually been acting.

Onew POV

Why am I feel that the time for her to leave us is getting nearer and nearer? The fact that she actually act differently just now doesn’t help at all. That smile of her seems to be hiding a different meaning behind it. I hate myself right now! I really do. I have to act like nothing is wrong but the matter of fact that my best friend of 16 years is dying and the fact that I can’t do anything really kills me. Dear God, if what am I feel right now is true, I beg you that at least let her have her last wish. So that she can be at peace and he will have the strength to go on.

*flashback*

About a year ago, I was sitting in the hospital hallway alone waiting for the doctor to come out from ER with news about Hana’s condition. At that time, something suspicious about things happening in this hospital stuck on my mind as I arrived with unconscious Hana on my hand. The staffs there seem to know who Hana is and the fact that they didn’t ask me to register her name add up to my suspicions.As I was waiting for the doctor, I saw a familiar figure running towards me. It was Daniel hyung. He is Hana’s cousin that works as a doctor in this hospital.

“Jinki, what happen?” said Daniel hyung.

“She suddenly fainted while we were doing some exercise at the park.” I said.

“Aish! She's not suppose to do any exercise in her condition right now.” said Daniel hyung while messing his hair as a sign of frustration.

“Sorry hyung but what do you mean by her condition? Is there something wrong with her?” I asked with a wrinkle forming on my forehead.

“She didn’t tell you huh? It’s so just like her. Always thinks about others before herself.” said Daniel hyung while tapping lightly on my shoulder.

“Sorry hyung but I don’t get it what are you trying to say.” I said while looking straight into his eyes.

“Remember when she was admitted to the hospital due to her constant fainting?” asked him

“Yup. It was like 5 years ago and she was diagnose with Iron-Deficiency Anemia. One of most common disease that found in woman and the easiest to be treated which is with a balanced diet. She’s already overcome that disease like 4 years ago.” I said with a calm voice.

As soon as finish my sentences, I heard Daniel hyung letting out a big sigh.

“That’s what you thought. She never overcomes the disease and in fact that day after day her condition is getting worst. What do you think the reason that she has to stop her study and stay at home?” said him looking at the door of the ER.

“What do you mean hyung? Isn’t Iron-Deficiency Anemia is the easiest disease to be treated? The fact that some experts don’t even call it as a disease since it can’t bring any harm to their patients.” I said.

“I was one of those experts until I found out about Hana’s case. In facts that every single doctor in Korea have change their perception on the disease.” He said.

“What do you mean by that hyung? Can you just tell me already?” I said starting to feel frustrated by the fact that he was taking his time to get to the point.

“Jinki, Hana has been suffering from a rare case of Iron-Deficiency Anemia for the past 5 years. Experts are trying their best to find a cure for her but every research and test that they did seems to have a death end.” He said with his eyes getting teary.

“Oh. But the disease still can’t harm her in a way that can bring her to death right?” I said now with a worried voice.

“If we can’t find any cure for her, she will die with the lack of oxygen going through brain. The result from her last test was not looking so great. She  actually is dying. If she keep on doing things that require her to increase her oxygen intake on her organs and brain which usually caused by doing exercise or when she’s emotionally unstable it will cause her to collapse and possibly even death.” said Daniel hyung.

As soon as I heard what he said, I found my legs getting weaker, my tears starting to fell and soon I found myself sitting weakly on the floor. When Daniel hyung saw my condition, he hugs me as an attempt to give strength to me.

“How much time she has left? Does Jjong know about this?” I said between my crying.

He let go of the hug and put his hand on my chin making me look straight in his eyes.

“We don’t exactly know how long her body will be able to take it but all of the doctors here are trying our best to find the cure before her time is up. About Jjong, he didn’t have a clue about her illness at all since she insisted for all of us to keep it as a secret. We don’t exactly know the reason but I guess it’s for the best for the both of you to not know about it.” He said.

I felt that my anger suddenly built up upon me as I heard his last sentence. How the heck it is the best for us to not know that Hana is dying? Aren’t Jonghyun and I important enough to her to know this thing? I know I am since we have known each other since we were 5 and 6 years old and as for Jonghyun isn’t he is the love of her life? Of cause he has the right to know all about Hana’s situation.

“THE BEST?? Hyung, my best friend is dying and I don’t have a clue about it and you were saying that it’s the best to not know? MY BEST FRIEND!! A FRIEND THAT I KNOWN SINCE I WAS 6 YEARS OLD HYUNG!! MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND!! A FRIEND THAT I TREASURE THE MOST!! A FRIEND THAT I AM WILLING TO DO ANYTHING FOR HER!! I think I’m more than deserves to know about it. I… i… I…” I said unable to finish my sentence as my crying has took over me.

“Jinki listen to you. Maybe this is why she doesn’t want you to know. You are hurting so much. You know that she hates to see people that she care hurt because of her. I know that you are disappointed to know about this the way you did but please I beg you that no matter how much it’s hurt please hide it from Hana. By that way, maybe she will have more time. Please, I beg you.” He said with tears starting to run down to his cheeks.

Hyung must

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter