New Students

Different : It's Magic

“Jongdae give me my bag!” Krystal ran after him and Taemin into the school while walking with Irene, Jessica, Sooyoung and Yoona. The guys, along with Sehun had run up from behind them, snatching Krystal’s bag in the process.

“That movie was dead on,” Sooyoung said finding her locker.

“OK, sure but if anything, Krys is the one who can’t control her powers. Elsa is more like her than me,” Jessica defended herself.

     It had taken Taemin a while to adjust to his new-found abilities. Kai and Jongdae helped with the changing process, including Sehun when he finally felt worthy enough to face him. Of course, it was still something huge to grasp but he couldn’t stay mad at him; he never really was to begin with, especially after Kai had explained what he knew.

     Jongdae adapted quickly to this new environment; living with Sehun and his father who welcomed him with open arms. He was extremely appreciative to Sehun’s father who had told him that “no wolf deserves to be left alone,” He became close with others, like their friend Sunny and Tiffany.

They gathered around their lockers when Yoona laid eyes on a group heading their way. “New students.” All eyes were on them. Many girls began whispering about how cute the blond one is while the guys were checking out the girl with long brown hair. Jessica and Sooyoung couldn’t help but stare as well. Yoona averted her eyes back to her locker as she tried to get her locker to open, and just when she stepped back a bit to magically get it open, one of the girls who were following the group down the hall knocked her over.

“This happens every time.” She mumbled to herself. A hand reached out to pull her up and she gladly took it not bothering to look up. Her eyes travelled to the person’s face to only find the blond handsome man. ‘One of the new students.’

“Thanks, blond kid I don’t know.” Yoona smiled, picked up her bag and just walked away. The blonde boy looked at the group he was with and just shrugged and they went back to walking towards the office.

“They’re like a gang,” Taemin walked up to them with Jongdae, Sehun and Krystal behind him.

“Or a pack,” Sooyoung suggested raising her eyebrow.

A familiar shock of pain went through Taemin’s head, and he saw them with the new students and a couple unfamiliar people playing and laughing at a waterfall. “I think we’ll get along.” He said loud enough for him to hear it.

“Nope, colorless. No Aura,” Yoona settled Sooyoung’s thoughts, since Yoona was able to see the auras of supernatural things, they ask her if there is anything around.

“Yoona what color is mine?”

“It was purple, but now it’s light blue like Sehun and Jongdae.”

    Taemin turned to them to find the duo smirking at him. Sehun bit the air while Jongdae clawed the air.

“I could have still been purple, now I’m blue,” He mumbled swatting the air trying to make the blue aura go away.

“Alright kiddies get to class; it’s our first day back and your first day.” Jessica pointed to Jongdae.

“Let’s go slowpokes, we can’t be late!” Yoona nudged them.

“Yes, class president.” Jessica and Taemin mocked her.

http://bibliothequemazo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/divider.gif

“Luhan, I heard them talking about auras, can they see ours?” The brunette asked her twin.

“No Luna, they’re probably some hippies. Ignore them,” Luhan waved off.

Luna pressed her tongue against her cheek and raised her eyebrow, “You mean like how you ignored that girl who fell and shoved all those girls out of the way just to help her.”

Luhan, with a serious expression, pointed in front of him, “Walk.”

There, in the main office, they found Victoria holding the secretary’s hand, telling her information about them. Another one of their friends were typing away on the computer, printing out schedules. When she finished a tall male snapped his fingers in front of her and she went back to normal.

“Follow me children, I will show you to your classes,” She grabbed the freshly printed schedules and walked out of the office.

“Well done Lay, you gave us History first period,” Luhan hit said boy on the back of his head.

“Shut up, I gave your sister and Amber Business Calculus first.” They paused in front of a class that two boys and Victoria entered.

“New students this year! We have Chanyeol, Zitao, and Victoria. Tao and Victoria are Chinese but speak Korean very well!”

“Please treat us well.” Tao and Chanyeol smiled while Victoria stared outside the door where her boyfriend was, sending her the look she’s been giving him for decades. School again.

    “You’ll be fine.” He mouthed.

“Oh, we will take good care of you.” A girl said causing people to whistle and hoot.

“Settle down class, Yejin not now.” The teacher scolded. The secretary closed the door and led them to another class. The tall one walked in and the secretary sang again, “Zhou Mi is our new student,”

“Damn it! Girls are never going to go for me!” A good-looking boy said.

“Your ears repel them.” His friend said loud enough for the whole class to hear.

“Shut up Wooyoung, have you had a chance with a girl yet? No? so shut up.”

“No, it’s ok, I have a girlfriend.” Zhou Mi reassured the poor boy.

“Now I have chance with Yoona!”

“Yeah, but only by one less person. So, the same amount.” The teacher teased. He was about to say something until the teacher cut him off, “Wait! There more new students outside as well Taecyeon!” He mocked pointing outside.

“I don’t like your attitude Changmin,”

“I am just saying Yoona is a tough nut to crack- YAH! I’m your teacher!”

“Alrighty then, business calculus next.” She led them further down the hall.

“Who’s in business?” Amber asked the two wolves.

“You two,” Lay smiled innocently.

“WHAT!”

“Whoops, history first! Luhan, Yixing come on,” She waved for them to come in. “New students!” Luhan and Lay walked in almost all eyes on them. “He’s in our class?” Seohyun asked Kai a little excited.

“Yo, Luhan!” Kai raised his hand. He was in the back diagonal from a busy brunette. “Jongin?” Luhan looked around the room.

     “Long time no see!” Kai said.

“Yixing take a seat next to Sulli and Luhan go sit in front of Yoona.”

“Man, if only I was Yoona or Sulli…” some girls grumbled.

“Who?”

“The only girl that isn’t look up.” Seohyun said. His eyes scanned the room and found an empty desk in front of said girl.

“Yoong, move your bag,” Sooyoung nudged her, “The new student,” Yoona looked up at him moving her bag only to go back to what she was doing.

     ‘It’s that girl from earlier’

“You’re the girl who fell earlier right?” Luhan asked Yoona.

“You’re the one that helped me up?” Yoona’s head shot up. She finally had a chance to properly thank him. “What’s your name?”

“Luhan.”

“That’s a pretty name,” Yoona straightened out, “Chinese?”

“It’s manly.” Luhan defended himself. His comment made Yoona laugh a little causing him to smile too, “But yeah, Chinese,”

    “Lu… Han… deer… Morning deer?” She asked even though she knew she was right.

    “Not bad,” he praised, slightly impressed.

     Yoona smiled lightly before continuing her notes. He turned back around to face the front when a paper ball dropped on his desk.

“Watch out for that one, she might look like an angel but she’s feisty.” Yoona heard Luhan read the paper to himself. She turned, giving him a disgusted look. Her eyes flashed white and his chair was taken from under him making everyone turn look back.

“Kim Jongin! What are you doing back there?” She slapped a ruler on her desk.

“Yoona-” He pointed to her trying to his best to explain that it was her fault without actually saying she used magic.

     “Yoona what? She is in front of you,” The teacher defended Yoona. Sooyoung, Yuri and Jongdae caught on to what had happened and laughed along with Yoona. But as usual Seohyun rolled her eyes and tried to ignore the attention Yoona effortlessly got.

“Witch.” Kai muttered.

“EXCUSE YOU MR. KIM!” Apparently, the teacher had amazing hearing.

“Yeah, excuse you,” Yoona hissed.

“Show your peers with respect. Don’t go calling them witches or Ice princesses.” Yoona and Jessica turned to him and stuck their tongue out. ‘Interesting class.’

The rest of the class period went by slowly for Luhan, and though he felt bad he kept drifting off. Yoona had to keep both him and Kai awake. Even though she had just met Luhan, she felt an obligation to keep him awake as the class president. She would always find different ways to wake Kai up, it was either shocking him with static or tugging his hair. But with Luhan she would just lean over and tap on his shoulder, a much gentler way since they’ve only known each other for twenty minutes.

After she tapped on his shoulder the third time Luhan tried to stay awake by observing the class. He Found Kai asleep –again– and Yoona shooting rubber bands at his face. He saw a girl, Taeyeon, doodling a beautiful tree bordering her notebook. Next to her was Seohyun who was writing notes. He examined her closely, taking notice of the resemblance she has with Yoona. She was so focused in taking notes. ‘Studious girl’ he thought to himself. Luhan than took a closer look, she had no textbook on her desk, only some flashcards and a notebook. ‘She isn’t looking up.’

The bell rang causing everyone, including him to rush out of the classroom, but he swiftly passed by Seohyun’s desk on his way out.

“Luhan!” Seohyun called for him once he walked out. ‘Caught so easily?’

“Seohyun right?”

“Yes, how is your first day going?” She leaned against the wall. Luhan thought for a second, he looked back inside the room and found Yoona packing her stuff while her friends waited for her. “It’s going alright,” She noticed his gaze was towards Yoona but averted his attention back to her. “If I were you, I would stay away from Yoona.”

“Why?”

“She is… complicated.”

“Oh, so she’s a challenge?” he raised his eyebrows looking back at her, “She seems nice. I need some new friends.”

“Just listen to me,” She tried to walk away but his next comment made her heart stop.

“Ok Zatara,” He smirked and leaned his back on the wall.

     “What did you call me?”

“You know? The DC hero, the magician guy?” He gave her a playful smile before it turned into a smirk. “You reek of lavender and hazel. The hazel was a dead giveaway of what you are. To add on, be sneaky when you hide your spells.” The wolf sorted through the deck of cards.

“Well keep your nose away from my stuff little Sirius,” She hissed snatching them away from him, “What are you and your pack doing here anyways?”

“My whole pack hasn’t arrived, just my twin, a shape shifter, two vampires and three other wolves. The rest are on their way. Our home was raided and conquered by hunters, so we fled.”

He saw her eyes waver before they hardened again, “Impossible, they went extinct.”

“Then please explain to me why we’re here?”

“I swear if you bring hunters her I will kill you with a silver bullet myself.” She threatened.

“Oh, feisty. I like you, keep that trait.” He smirked taking one last glance over to Yoona who was sitting on a desk laughing at something Jongdae had said, before walking away, keeping what Kai had told him in mind.

When his back was turned Seohyun smiled to herself, “I think I have a chance with him.” She said to herself with high hopes.

 

 

“Uh, Luhen?” Her voice went a little higher unsure about his name.

“Luhan.” He corrected.

“Oh sorry. It’s your first day, you shouldn’t be sleeping. I can’t keep two awake.”

“Do you even like that class?”

“Of course not!” Yoona instantly said, “But who wants a failing grade? That’s a good joke if you think I’m failing.”

‘Studious, but pretty…’

“Yoona, could you show me around?” He blurted out. Sure, he wanted to get to know the campus, but he’s still a guy. He wanted to get to know her more too.

“Sure, I’ll do it before lunch. Do you need a place to sit at lunch? Want to sit with me?”

“Uh yeah thanks.”

“Well I guess I’ll see you before lunch!” Yoona waved before she turned her head back to him and smiled. “Huh,” Luhan subconsciously smiled.

“Watch out for her, I’m telling you,” Kai said patting his back coming out from nowhere.

“Me fall for her? Highly unlikely.” Luhan said with confidence in his voice.

“Lu… Trust me. Ask any boy in this school, every single one has liked Yoona or has been friend zoned by her. You never know.”

   “Is that including you?”

   “You’re a smart boy,” He slapped his back once more, “figure it out.”

“Well if love was real, I wouldn’t fall in love with a human I can tell you that.” Cockiness was evident in his tone.

‘You will since she isn’t human.’

http://bibliothequemazo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/divider.gif

“Ok, Luhan is mine I call dibs,” Seohyun told Taeyeon, Yuri and Kai who were already at their lunch table.

“He isn’t into humans, Joohyun, or love.” Kai said saying the last part quietly for only him to hear.

“Great, he knows I’m a witch anyways,” Seohyun shrugged.

“Did you tell him?” Yuri asked, “Or were you writing notes in class again?”

“Notes, he noticed. To be honest, I know I just met him but I don’t know, seeing him makes me feel some type of way I can’t explain.” Seohyun sighed staring into space thinking of the brief conversation she had with Luhan, “I think he might be interested.”

“Unless he finds out Yoona is a witch then you’re screwed.” Kai chuckled, “He says he won’t fall for the queen of the school, but—”

“But nothing. He won’t find out,” Seohyun quickly responded.

“About what?” Irene asked walking over with Taemin.

“Nothing.” Yuri gave Seohyun a look than continued, “I told Victoria Zhoumi that they could sit with us.”

“I told Tao and Chanyeol they could as well.” Sehun said motioning to the two guys walking behind him.

“Lay is sitting with us!” Sulli sang dragging Lay.

“We should invite Luhan as well. I’ll go find him,” Seohyun said standing up. As she was about to leave the table she saw Luhan and Yoona walking together laughing. Sooyoung clicked her tongue and smiled, “Or not.”

“So, wait,” Luhan caught his breath, “Kai fell asleep and stayed overnight in the auditorium?”

“Yup! His mom thought he went missing but in reality, he slept over in school without even realizing it.”

“No! Why did you tell him that story?” Kai overheard their conversation.

“I was showing Luhan around school. I told him he could eat with us is that alright?”

“We invited basically all the new kids. They seem cool.” Taeyeon said.

“Why thank you.” Victoria said walking over with Zhoumi.

“I brought Amber and Luna!” Krystal announced arriving with the two and her sister. Surprisingly all of them fit in the table with a lot more room left.

“So, Victoria, how long have you and Zhoumi been together?” Taemin asked eating a fry.

“Looong time…” Zhoumi said taking a sip of his drink.

“Wow, that’s a pretty ring,” Krystal admired it. It caught her eye when it shown in the sun.

“Thanks, Zhoumi got it for me.”

“Can I see?” Yoona asked.

“Oh sure.” Victoria smiled holding her hand out. Yoona examined it with awe, while Kai and Yuri were fidgeting in their chairs hoping Yoona doesn’t notice what kind of ring it is.

“It’s beautiful.” Yoona smiled at her receiving a smile back.

“Ok last question, who is older?” Seohyun asked.

“I am older.” Victoria raised her hand.

“Like Minho and Yuri!” Sulli pointed out.

“Shut up,”

“Is there a problem with me being younger?” Minho turned to Yuri.

The two began to get into their own mini argument, with Yuri apologizing for the most of it before their attention shifted back to the getting to know each other.

“So, Luna, anyone special for you?” Sehun joined the topic.

“Oh no, my brother doesn’t accept anyone I date.” Luna shook her head.

“Who’s your brother?” Sooyoung tilted her head.

“Luhan’s my twin.” She pointed to him.

“TWINS?” Yoona, Sehun, Taemin, Irene, Chen and Sooyoung said simultaneously.

“I’m older,” Luhan put out there.

“I’m prettier,”

“I’m smarter,”

“I’m manlier,”

“You take that back,” Luhan shot, “this is why I don’t approve of anyone you date.”

“I thought it was because she has bad taste.” Jongdae shrugged. His comment made Luhan stand up and Hi five him. “I like him.”

“How do I have bad taste?”

“I saw you flirting with Jin.”

“Like I would take advice from someone who has been here for a month.” She snapped at him.

“Month longer than you.” Luhan joined Jongdae’s side.

“But really, he just wants to get into your pants, so he is a hell no. Pass the ketchup,” Krystal said.

“Amen!” Kai, Jongdae, Sehun and Minho said.

“Yuri, Kai can I talk to you two for a minute.”

“Sure, if you will excuse us.” Yuri said. When they left Yoona pulled them to the other side of the building with nobody around.

“A daylight ring? Did you guys think I didn’t know what it looks like or feels like? I had to make you a new one when you broke yours. Two vampires. I am ninety nine percent sure one of you or both of you knew since one of you have at least one class with them.”

“We both knew… but it isn’t bad,” Kai confessed.

“I know but since they aren’t from around here I’m just worried on who or why they drink.”

“Well you can’t warn them, unless you want to expose yourself.”

“Tell them I went home early, Kai can you help Taemin later, it’s a full moon tonight.”

“Sure, but where are you going?”

“I need to figure out why I can’t see their aura. Cover for me alright? Drop my things off before sundown. Teleport me since you are here.”

“Be back in a second.” Kai grabbed Yoona and flashed out, but flashed back in alone. “What’s my time?”

“Whoops.”

“Really?”

“Sorry!”

“Come on, before they start to wonder where we are.”

“Should we tell Yoona about all of them?”

“No! She’s already stressing about Taemin and now Victoria and Zhoumi, let’s not add on.”

“Hey where is Yoong?” Taeyeon asked the duo. “She went home early, you know,” Yuri said with Taeyeon catching on.

“Without her things?” Tao wondered.

“I’ll drop it off,” Sehun said as if it was clockwork.

“Tao… can you?” Lay suggested, and Tao just nodded. He pointed his palm to the ceiling, stuck two fingers out and drew and ‘S’. Time stood still through the entire city.

“Something feels off. Like they’re hiding something.” Chanyeol expressed his paranoia.

“What could we possibly hide?” Kai said putting his shoe to Taemin’s face, “I love stopped time,” Tao got to choose who gets stopped or not.

“There is always at least one supernatural creature, I already know one witch. We don’t know who is human and who isn’t yet because Kai isn’t saying anything so we have to be careful-” Lay’s thoughts were cut off when people began moving and talking. “Tao did you unfreeze things?” Lay whispered.

‘Uh-oh…’ Kai thought to himself. “Again, do it again,” Luhan demanded, Tao obeyed. He froze time and unfroze Luhan, Lay and Kai. Luhan stood up and walked around the table and observed Seohyun. “There’s a witch. Stronger than this one,” He pointed to Seohyun.

“Why are you pointing at me and standing behind me?” Seohyun turned. Luhan turned and pulled Tao to the side, “There is another witch that can unfreeze time. You need to be powerful. There is a stronger witch older wiser.”

http://bibliothequemazo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/divider.gif

“Why does the time keep freezing?” Yoona shoved chips in getting annoyed. She opened a cabinet in her basement. In a glass container, there were a row of wands gradually getting bigger. Above that shelf in another display case were two wands.

“Here. Keep them.” Sehun’s dad gave two wands to her. Yoona looked over at the two tombs.

“Why not let them keep it?”

“Keep it as remembrance of them.” He rubbed her back.

Her phone rang interrupting her thoughts.

“Hello?”

“Yuri told me you went home?”

“Yeah something came up.”

“Like what? I’m your only family.”

“Go back to teaching Changmin.”

“Tell me!” He whined through the phone.

“Listen, you have two new vamps and I cannot see their aura, and now time keeps freezing.”

“You should have said that first, I’ll let you be.” Changmin said before he hung up.

“Alright, Time control.” She said to herself flipping around trying to find a page. She kept repeating time control over and over until she found it. “Where is it? Wait, it’s also called Chronokinesis.” She said to herself flipping through to the front of the book.

“Born with the gift or learned through witchcraft. Hmm, ok now aura. Hidden aura. Being able to see aura is a gift blah, blah, blah. Hiding aura can be done by any supernatural creature. Enchantment is the main way to hide auras. Specific witches, wolves and Nymphs can have access to this ability but it's never common. "Seriously why can I do all of this?” She tossed the book aside. She slumped down in her chair. A thought appeared in her mind and she sat up straight. “How far in my studies is time control?” She fumbled in her book bag and pulled out her wand. She pointed it towards a shelf and soon it swung open and over a hundred books came floating out. One by one she sorted through books she already had read through and wrote notes in.

Still after going through all the books she had finished, she still had over sixty-five books to look over. Yoona didn’t really understand how she unfroze time. She was simply walking in her kitchen and she couldn’t move. Her eyes shifted to the clock and it was no longer ticking. She stared at it and it began moving again and she was able to as well.

Yoona finally opened book number ninety-nine and found the lesson for time control. “Very rare that people are born with this specific power. To master and control time it must come naturally. There is a certain time when you know you are ready.” She read from the book, “This is all the way is advanced studies and that’s all it gives me!” Yoona looked over at the two wands on the shelf again, “I wish you two were here.”

http://bibliothequemazo.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/divider.gif

“Will I be in the right mind?” Taemin asked nervously.

“Yup, just remember, take control. This is your mind.” Sehun said as the four of them walked through the forest. It was almost sundown.

“Jongdae, Sehun take care of Taemin, I’ll catch up with you three.”

“Sir yes sir.” They answered him like a soldier. Kai took a couple of steps and teleported not too far from them but far enough for them not to hear and see him. He sensed a familiar wolf and ended up next to Yoona’s tree.

“So, you have three other wolves?” Tao asked coming out from behind a tree.

“Sehun was born here, Jongdae was found a month ago and Taemin is like you. Why are you out here alone?”

“I needed a place to find so we could run tonight.”

“Ok, just don’t tell the others about them.”

“Why not?” Luhan hopped down from the maple tree. “Don’t- Be careful with that tree.”

“Why?”

“Well for one thing it’s the only maple tree here—”

“Not about the tree Kai. Why don’t you want us to know about them?”

“The same reason you don’t want people to know about you, the less people the better.”

“They have abilities, don’t they?” Luhan said with a bit of shock, “Are they purebred? Please tell me anything but purebred.”

   “Sehun and Jongdae are purebred, Taemin was born psychic but turned. Why are you so worried?”

“I just don’t understand how it happens. We aren’t cross bred like Chanyeol and Xiumin.”

“Is Xiumin, Kris and the rest coming?”

“Yeah, sometime next month. Do you know of a witch besides BoA and Seohyun?”

“No. Do you still not believe in magic?”

“Of course not. It’s a craft. They take things and mix it together. They make wands, and say words and things happen. Not magical, just supernatural.” Luhan said seriously.

“Still the same. Better get ready. The moon is coming.” Kai said then flashed out.

“Thanks for leaving me out of the conversation!” Tao complained.

“Just speak up next time.” Luhan laughed. He looked at the maple tree. Even though it was getting dark it was still bright. “I like this tree.”