How About No?

Different : It's Magic

 

   “So I heard news!” Yoona sang giddy with excitement as she wrapped her arms around Sehun and Luhan’s neck. The two boys lost their balance a bit and turned their heads a bit to see what the witch was so excited about, but Luhan knew. He definitely knew. “Seohyun was so happy first period, and it’s all thanks to this amazing little doggy!” She continued to smile and tease Luhan.

 

   Luhan pulled away from them and just laughed awkwardly. He asked Seohyun to Homecoming last night, under Yoona’s orders of course. Never did he understand why he had to ask Seohyun but from what he learned from Kai and Sehun, is to never go against Yoona’s wishes. Before his main intent was to just ask Yoona to go with as friends, but that clearly took a major detour.

 

    “Are we all meeting at your house Saturday Yoong?” Sehun shook the girl’s arm.

 

   “Of course, make sure you tell everyone alright you two?”

 

   Both release a simultaneous ‘Yes Ma’am’ and walk away from the demanding girl.

 

   Luhan and Sehun walked together having a normal conversation until Luhan asked, “So… are you going to Homecoming with Yoona?”

 

   Giving him a skeptical glance Sehun nodded, “Just as friends though. I could never see Yoon as an actual girl. She’s more of that best friend dash sister complex you know what I mean? I see her just like you see Luna.” The taller explained.

 

  “Just as a sister. Someone who always would be there and everything.” Luhan nodded, completely understanding what he meant. 

   

   Sehun gave him a side glance and stopped in his tracks, “Why?” He shoved his hands in his pockets waiting for a reply from the older wolf. Shrugging, Luhan turned back around to face Sehun putting on a similar poker face on while pursing his lips, “No reason. just wondering.”

 

   “Oh really? Because I’ve noticed that you seem to be very close with her. I mean I’ve seen the way you look at her, you can’t really deny anything now can you.” Sehun let a smirk dance across his face when he got no reaction from him. 

 

   “Well, let me get play the role as the protective brother. Don’t worry, I’ll play good cop, Kai is usually the baad cop in this situation and Taemin is all of the above,” Sehun explained as he approached Luhan, “I like you Luhan, you’re a good guy. I can see that you and Yoona have something but are just friends, but don’t do anything stupid. Reminder, you’re going to homecoming with a girl that hates Yoona. If i were you, just be careful.”

 

   And with that, Sehun turned and walked to his class, but he looked back at the Alpha, “Be on a look out, in the next forty-eight hours Kai and Taemin are going to either have  one on one coversation with you, or double team you.”

 

   Luhan stood there, a bit dumbfounded by the little confrontation.

 

   But behind the wall, stood an even more dumbfounded Yoona. Never in her life would she have thought that Sehun had the balls to say those things. She let out a soft chuckle knowing how over protective the three wolves can be when it comes to their friends, especially if they were girls. But to accuse Luhan of liking her, it was just unbelievable.

 

   Sighing, Yoona shook her head and walked to her locker, not expecting someone to be leaning against it. Skeptically, she looked around to make sure it wasn’t only her he was waiting for. Slowly she walked up to the mysterious guy, “Um, strange man, you’re kinda blocking my locker with you standing there.”

 

   “I know.”

 

   ‘What?’

 

   Yoona was taken aback by this statement slightly. “Okay… So can you maybe, I don’t know… Move?”

 

   “If you go to Homecoming with me.”

 

   ‘WHAT?’

 

   “Bro!” Yoona let out, clearly appalled and annoyed. Even Seunghyun was never this straight forward and abrupt, “ I don’t even know you!”

 

   “We ran into each other the other day, don’t you remember?”

 

  ‘We did?’

 

   Yoona looked up and continuously tapped her index finger to her chin, “Now that I recall… You’re the guy who didn’t watch where he is going.”

 

   “So you remember! I’m Donghae by the way.” The boy held out his hand for her to shake. Yoona looked at him, then at his hand, then at him again. She slowly pushed his hand away, “Nice to meet you… but I could really care less right now. You know what, I don’t need my locker, I’ll just borrow Taemin’s book.” The witch hurriedly turned around and left the boy without him getting a worried in. She looked over her shoulder and sighed under her breath, “Creep.”

   All throughout Yoona’s physics class she could not focus on  the lesson. She was completely distracted by the fact that some guy, this Donghae kid, thinks their close enough to as those kinds of things. And to go as far as standing guard at her own locker where all her assignments and textbooks are? Yoona thought he should be thankful they were in school, otherwise she would of kicked his right on the spot.

 

   The witch thought log and hard as to why he would randomly ask her of all people. There are so many other girls to ask but why her? There was Jessica who needed a date badly because se was trying really hard to make Kris jealous. There was also Sandara, she was beautiful and got out of a nasty break up a couple of months ago who wanted to let loose. 

 

   It was not that he was ugly. He was quite attractive if Yoona could say so herself. He was a bit taller than her, maybe Luhan’s height. His body looked as if it was a good built, maybe he danced, she knows a dancers body anywhere since she basically grew up with them. It’s also quite possible that Luhan and maybe even Luna danced. Yes, he was attractive, but not as attractive as Luhan. Luhan had this distinct look that made you want to pinch his cheeks or to fawn over his beautiful fac-

 

   ‘What the ?!’

 

   Yoona slapped her hands over her face, ashamed even though nobody could hear her thoughts. ‘Why the hell am I thinking of Luhan? And like that!?’

 

   Taemin nudged her with his elbow, a look of concern on his face. “Bro, are you okay? You look like you messed something up.”

 

   Shaking her head, she let out a huff, “No, I’m fine, I’m just thinking about something…” The witch groaned when the bell rang, fearing that Donghae -might as well dress him by his name- will be blocking her locker again. She closes the textbook and hands it back to the psychic, “Thanks for letting me borrow your book, even though I didn’t really use it that much.”

 

   Taemin waved it off, claiming it was no big deal. Yoona was thankful for Taemin since he knew his boundaries. Some people would constantly pester Yoona to figure out what was wrong with her, but Taemin left it alone for the most part, only because he knew his best friend would eventually come around and tell him, Kai and Sehun. Which is exactly what she did as they left the class.

 

   “So this guy, he just randomly asked you to homecoming and he didn’t even know you?” Taemin questioned her while they and Sooyoung walked to lunch together.

 

   “Yeah, It was so weird, i didn’t know him, I ran into him once and he thought it was okay to just drop a bomb on me like that. It’s just so weird.” Yoona finally got to go to her locker and placed her bag and books inside so she wouldn’t have to hold it during lunch. She thanked the heavens that Donghae wasn’t there. As she proceeds to close the locker she notices how Sooyoung has yet to contribute to their conversatioon, “Soo, why are you so quiet?”

 

   A little shocked from the sudden use of her name, she jumped and looked up as if she didn’t realize her friends were with her, “Oh, umm, yeah… I don’t think i want to go to homecoming anymore…”

 

  “What?”

 

   “Why?”

 

   She was silent for a moment, only looking down at her shoes, trying to steady her voice, “Changmin broke up with me this morning.”

 

   It was not like the two were surprised when she said it. They always knew the whole teacher student relationship wouldn’t work out. But still, they supported it since she as happy. None of their friends wanted this to happen, seeing Sooyoung, or any of their friends, cry, it was upsetting because for the most part, nobody could fix the problem.

 

   Taemin and Yoona both looked at her with pity. Taemin grabbed her elbow and asked her, “Want me to buy you some food?” Solemnly she nodded while Taemin led them to the cafeteria. 

 

   Their friends saw them coming, all with questioning looks on their faces. Yoona mouthed to them ‘Break up’, and some of their jaws dropped, some had looked sorry and a couple looked pretty mad. Yuri and Taeyeon went up to her and hugged her, rubbing her back and reassuring her that if they were guys they would totally date her.

 

   Yoona bit her lip and slowly slipped away from the group, but without catching the attention of the curious wolf.

 

   “Why did you break up with her?” She swung the door open to her cousin’s classroom. He told her to mind her own business but Yoona being herself, she does what she wants. “And before homecoming too? Did you want her to have a terrible time? Did you at least think this through?”

 

  “ ’Na, couples aren’t always going to stay together and be happy. I had a reason for breaking up with her, I love Sooyoung, just not like that.” The elder sighed and took off his glasses, “Listen, I was going to wait after homecoming because i know how much this means to you and other students but…”

 

   “But what?” Yoona crossed her arms over her chest and scrunched up her eyebrows. He never was serious about a lot of things but he seemed to be about this.

 

   “Okay, what I’m about to tell you, you have to listen okay?” She nodded in agreement for Changmin to proceed. “The other night, after you fell asleep, I got offered to get my wings  and halo back.” Judging from Yoona’s face, she was starting to understand, “So they’re giving me another chance, to prove to them that i can do this. Yoong, you know how much I hate knowing that I’m considered a fallen. So they’re allowing me a task. This is what I ask for you. Please. Please, Please! Stay safe. You and Seohyun, please stay safe.”

 

  “Wait , why? Min, why?” Yoona was alert, grabbing onto her cousin’s arm, “Tell me, is something going to happen?”

 

   Changmin pulled her into a hug her hair, “Yoong, just don’t ask questions alright? Just promise me you two will stay safe.” Yoona relaxed a bit and hugged him back, nodding not willingly, but rather to reassure him. Whatever he knew, it was something serious and he didn’t want her to find out and it was just something Yoona had to live with, for now.

 

   All Changmin wanted for the two witches were to stay safe. He needed to know that they stay alive, because he knew that they could stop this war that could happen any day. He wants to take care of them, wants to keep them safe and treasure them more. He isn’t willing to risk their lives, he needed to know that they were going to live, he needed to speak to someone who would follow through, and the Fallen knew exactly who to speak to. Although he isn’t positive if they would agree, but he is willing to do anything to make sure Yoona and Seohyun had a future. He needed to speak to vampires.

 

   Luhan peaked inside to see the two’s family moment, he let out a small smile. ‘What did he mean by they need to be safe?’ 

 

   He left the two in the classroom and strolled back to the cafeteria where they were still trying to cheer up the broken mermaid.

 

   “How about this! I’ll go to homecoming with you!” Chanyeol pitched in nudging Sooyoung his leftover kimbap, “I promise I know how to make it fun!”

 

   The group agreed saying how Chanyeol’s happiness is contagious, and how she already bought a homecoming ticket so it would be a c complete waste if she didn’t go.

 

   “And plus,” Chanyeol smiled brightly, “I’m the only one who’s taller than you who doesn’t have a date! So this means one thing! Drum roll please!” All their friends started drumming on the table and books, “You can wear heels!” Him and Tiffany said simultaneously.

 

   After what seemed like forever Sooyoung let out a laugh and everyone else let out a sigh in relief. Krystal, Kai and Yoona -Kai promised for Yoona- that they would chill at the waterfall with her later.

   “Please. I beg of you,” He was on his knees, and he could feel their unsure gaze on him. They wanted to help him, but they just didn’t know how, “I don’t know what else to do.”

 

   After a long, aching silence, the four agreed, “We promise.”

   She was exhausted. Beyond exhausted. All Yoona wanted to do was go home and take  a twelve hour nap. Finishing off the remaining content of her water bottle, she went to lighten up her load on her book bag. But all that got interrupted when she saw a familiar figure standing in front of her locker once again. She fixed the flannel that was falling off her shoulder and let out a large sigh, “Can’t you just leave me alone? I don’t even know you!”

 

   As soon as her turned around she bit her lip. There was no intention in sounding so harsh but what was harsh was-

 

   “Should I be offended?”

 

   Saying it to the wrong person.

 

   Yoona quickly apologized for her some-what cruel words while he just laughed, “Yoona, last time I checked, I never asked you to homecoming.”

 

   “Sorry Luhan…” She scratched the back of her head in embarrassment. The wolf stepped out of her way, allowing access to her own locker, “So what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you have left school by now?”

 

  Leaning against the locker next to hers -a sight she is very used to seeing- and casually shrugged, “It’s Thursday remember?” Slapping her head for her forgetfulness, “Oh right! coffee day! I’m sorry, I’ve been pretty off today.”

 

  Luhan let out a small smile as Yoona busied herself with fixing her locker. In all honesty, Luhan started asking her to go get coffee with him after school on Thursday because he noticed how tired she always looked when it neared to end of the week. Yoona was grateful of course, she thanked him because he always chose Thursdays. He didn’t have the guts to tell her that he had been watching her since Day two, and noticing how drained her body looked every Thursday.

 

  “So um, who’s this random dude that won’t leave you alone?” The Alpha asked giving her a concerned look. Closing her locker, she gave him a reassuring smile, “He’s nobody. Let’s go?” 

 

   As they walked off campus, laughing about Baekhyun’s inability to ask a girl to homecoming, a voice interrupted their moment. 

 

   “Aw, sweetheart, I’m kinda offended. You started walking around with a different guy who waits at your locker.” Donghae’s voice chimed in from behind them. Yoona was a bit aggravated by this guys persistence, “There’s a difference, I actually know Luhan, you’re just a stranger.”

 

   “Hmm, you’re the guy who’s been bugging Yoona?” Luhan raised an eyebrow stepping forward. Looking him up and down, there isn’t a doubt in Luhan’s mind that he could probably take him out, it’d be a challenge, but not one he wouldn’t be willing to take on.

 

   Donghae seems to be doing the exact same thing Luhan was doing in his head. “So is he the reason you declined? This your boyfriend?”

 

   Before Yoona got a chance to answer Luhan beat her to it, “And what if I am? Would you stop?” He quickly challenged him. Something inside Luhan went off and it was screaming that this guy isn’t normal. Something was definitely off about him but Luhan couldn’t pinpoint it.

 

   “Depends on how good of a boyfriend you are.” Donghae shot back as if he was mocking the wolf. Luhan clenched his fist, holding back from punching him in the face. Even though he really wasn’t Yoona’s boyfriend he wasn’t just going to stand there and be told he at being a boyfriend. Luann’s mind kept running, claiming he’d be an amazing boyfriend.

 

   Yoona let out a sigh for the umpteenth time, “Lu is not my boyfriend, and if you see me with any other guy, they aren’t my boyfriend either.”

 

   “Then how about you go to Homecoming with me as a friend?” Donghae suggested shoving his hands in his pocket, “So? how about it?”

 

   Once again, Luhan does what he wants and answered, “How about no?” The other two were a bit taken aback from Luhan’s sharpness. There was this fire in Luhan’s eyes as he stared deep into Donghae’s eyes, as if this was his last warning. Yoona didn’t understand why he was being so protective or even defending her when she could clearly take care of herself. But she wasn’t going to lie to herself, it felt good to have someone else stick up for her even when she was capable of doing so herself.

 

   “Stay away from her.” Luhan warns for the last time before grabbing Yoona’s arm and dragging her away from him. While walking away from the campus Yoona kept up with Luhan telling him to slow dow and chill. It lasted all the way till they reached cafe.

 

   “Lu, will you listen to me now?” The witch huffed when Luhan handed her the coffee he had ordered for he both of them, when he took a seat in the arm chair across from her she continued, “Listen, I’m thankful that you stuck up for me but you really didn’t have to. I don’t need defending. I can take care of myself, and to add on, I already have Sehun, Taemin and Kai breathing down my neck.” She offered him a smile.

 

   “But that doesn’t mean I have to stop. That guy was creepy. He probably would of followed you.” He took a sip from his black coffee and saw Yoona staring at him, “I’m just looking out for you. Sometimes those three aren’t around, like today. Plus we’re friends, of course I’m gonna worry about you. How can I not? You fall asleep everywhere and pretend you aren’t there.” He let out a soft chuckle.

 

  “Well thanks, but- what how do you know I fall asleep everywhere?”

 

   Luhan scratched the back of his head, he didn’t know it was classified information, “Oh… well… I was with Kai and Sehun the other day when they stumbled across you on a bench.” 

 

   “Oh…”

 

    They sat quietly for a little bit, until Luhan broke the silence, “So you’re going to Homecoming with Sehun?”

 

   The Witch gave him a smirk, “What? You jealous?”

 

   “Absolutely.” The Alpha answered abruptly. Shock was clear as day on her face. Luhan looked so serious, as he took another sip from his drink before letting a playful smile appear on his face. “I wanted to go with Sehun but I guess I waited too long.”

 

   Yoona scoffed in disbelief, of course he would say that. She let out a laugh. She never expected that answer. But she couldn’t help but feel a bit disappointed, and she wondered why.

 

   “Promise me something okay Yoona?”

 

   The girl looked up and saw the serious look on Luhan’s face once again, “Promise me, that you’ll stay away from him.”

 

   ‘What?’

   “Dad! what’s for dinner?” Taemin called from his room.

 

    “If you want to know get your lazy down here and find out yourself!” The response was muffled from the closed door, but it was still understandable. huffing out of laziness, he kicked his feet over his bed and went over and twisted the doorknob. There was a throbbing feeling in his head and he squeezed his eyes to relief the pain, what he saw next was something he wasn’t expecting.

 

   Everyone was smiling, all dressed up in beautiful attire. He sees the sunset and a photoshoot taking place at a park.

 

   “Smile please?” a girl asks the blond who had his arm around her waist, “I don’t care if there’s a next year, I bought a dress and I want this photo to look good so smile Luhan… please.” She demanded but in such a loving way.

 

   “You guys are so gross, I can’t stand it.” someone else gagged while  the girl and Luhan laughed, “Yong, we’re next so make sure your hair looks good alright?” it’s her turn to smile at the man beside her.

 

   The scene flashes.

 

   It’s a fancy setting with dim lights and more people around them, everyone looks elegant. Taemin is slow dancing, having an intimate conversation with a girl. Near them is Sooyoung, dancing with an unknown man in all white. She looks happier than ever.

 

   Another flash and he sees darkness, and the moonlight. Many people were in a clearing in woods, their attire was no longer elegant but tattered and ripped.

 

   “Yoona stay back!” a girl screeches, “You too Seohyun!”  Wolves were scattered everywhere, growling, some hesitantly moving foreword and some moving back. Four wolves barricaded two girls in a red and purple.

 

    Once again his mind flashes.

 

    “What are you guys doing here?!” Someone questions the presence of two more people.

 

    “We know what’s going on and we want to help!” The two shot back as they hid behind trees.

 

   “It’s too dangerous for you guys. get out! Leave While you can!”  A couple of wolves howled in agreement while one wolf that was protecting Yoona teleported to where the two were, providing some sort of protection for them.

 

   More flashes occurred at a rapid speed, there were screams, cries, flashes of magic power, quick images of wolves throwing people to the side and then a a blood curdling scream and an image of two bodies lying motionless on the ground, clothes covered in red, over topping the red of the dress. Then the same scream appeared in another flash, it was identical to the last one but this time two different bodies.

 

   Gasping while he clinger onto the doorknob, Taemin’s face was filled with fear. He saw the future. But he wasn’t sure it was a future worth looking forward to. Instantly a face popped into his head. “Yoona?”


ehe Hi.

wow, so like.... This is super duper over due and I am so sorry. 

I never intended it to be this long since i updated but I guess time flies. In June, that's when i started thinking that I should start writing again. Because I feel so bad for just leaving you all hanging like that. But then I went back home to the philippines, and I got back almost a month ago and I've jsut been resting. I started typing this up a couple of days ago and i didnt want it to be too short or too long. 

I'm so sorry guys, but I just want to say that this is going to be my last Luyoon fic. I still love this ship and this fic a lot, but I guess you can say I fell in love with another ship. If you guys were wondering, I'ma huge Hunhan shipper. It started last year a little before "Not Your Average Relationship" ended, but I didnt know I'd be so in love with the ship and I never intended it to happen. I have so many stories I wanted to write and publish for them but I just felt guilty. I guess you can say I was re-inspired to write again. I have so many AU's on my phone, in my head for them but I just never had the guts to post them because Of this story. 

I love this story so much, probably my favorite. I promised you guys I wouldnt abondon this, and i promised myself as well. This story is going to be cut a lot shorter than I imagined though. It's sad to say that if i had stuck with Luyoon, and if i hadnt fallen out of love with them after Luhan left Exo, maybe this Fic would of had over 30+ chapters. But I will still include all those things I told you in my little spoiler before my hiatus, just in a much smaller span of time. I was going to have a sequel, i still will, but instead of being the 10+ chapters I had intended a year ago, at most I'll probably have maybe at most 7 chapters, and they'll still be published on this story. think of it as a part 2.

I'm very sorry that I have disappointed many of you and I feel very sorry. I promise to complete this story and the sequel. Again I still have to focus on school. My classes start in two weeks and this is my most crucial year. I have my SAT's and my ACT along wit 4 AP classes. I made a promise to my dad that if I get straight A's he'll buy me a used car, the car of my dreams. 

So if you guys still want to stick it out with me, than thank you. If not, thank you for being with me. and to you hunhan shippers and if you guys know some hunhan shippers, tell them to look out for some of my stories after this fic ends. 

Thank you all again, and I really am sorry. I hope I can update soon and not disappoint you guys with the outcome. comment or subscribe if you want to.

(Sorry for any errors)

Peace out cub scouts.