Caught Off Guard

Different : It's Magic

A lot can happen in three months....

I'm very sorry it took me three months to update. This a longish chapter. But I want to tell you that even though my bias has departed from exo, the reason i got into exo in the first place, i will continue to write. Even though my heart still hurts that Jessica was kicked out of SNSD, I will continue writing her in my stories same goes with Kris. Even though it was a month ago, please continue to have Ladies Code in your prayer. Also have Lee SooMan and Sunny in mind too. Lee Sooman lost his wife while Sunny Lost her aunt. 

Spread this message:

To all Luhan bias writers, dont stop writing Luhan. I am a hardcore hunhan shipper as well, and this ship is not dead, it will not die. The only way it will die is if we let it die. If we stop drawing art, if we stop writing fics, Do Not Let it stop. Keep the ship up! You may think it's going titanic on us but remember, there were workers on the titanic that kept it on even while it was sinking. But the difference is that they were trying to keep it on to help people get off. That's not what we are going to do, we are going to keep it on to keep people on and enjoying it. Goes for all other ships that ship Kris, Jessica and Luhan with anybody. Keep your ship alive.

And a message to Kpop fans

always, please please please, always have your idols back. Keep supporting Kris and Luhan. keep supporting the other 10 members. Support Jessica and dont call the other 8 traitors. Would traitors really cry and leave space for Jessica at their own fanmeet? Would they wear her glasses if they were so against her?

Also lastly, from the very recent news, all the MBLAQ fans who read my stories, stay strong. I'm here for you and so are a lot of other people.


     Yoona glanced around the hall cautiously as she opened her locker. She was searching for a certain blond. More like keeping watch for him. The witch has been trying her best to avoid the boy after last week’s events. She let out a sigh of relief when she was the only one in the hall. Quickly, she opened her locker and retrieved her calculous book and shut her locker only to find the one she was trying her best to hide from, leaning against the locker next to hers. His hands were shoved into his red letterman jacket and wore a concerned look.

       “Why are you ignoring me?” Luhan stood up straight and tilted his head. ‘Don’t look at me that…’ Yoona was about to poof her way out of her problem, but there were a group of students exiting a classroom. ‘Damn… So close….’

       “I’m not- I haven’t been ignoring you…” She said nonchalantly, letting out a nervous laugh. The deer looking boy raised an eyebrow at the now awkward girl. “Then why haven’t you been talking to me in class or at lunch?”

     “I’m talking to you right now, aren’t I?” She said slowly and decided to carry on the conversation for the mean time to make him a little less suspicious. “Have you asked her to homecoming yet?”

     “Who?” He asked absent mindedly.

     “Seohyun. You do know homecoming is in like three days right?” She said in a matter of fact tone.

     “Oh… right umm… I’ll ask her tomorrow since Chen is asking Liyin today.” Luhan explained uneasily even though he had no idea why he felt awkward. There was nothing to be awkward about, right?

     Yoona puffed her cheeks in hopes of leaving him but he continued to talk, sadly on Yoona’s behalf. “Why does it feel awkward between us?” The witch vigorously shook her head in panic, “No, no, everything is fine. I have to go to class I’ll see you later.” She walked away and mumbled, “Maybe.” Under her breath.

     Luhan whipped his head towards her direction and shouted, “I heard that!”

     “You heard nothing!” Yoona sang as she walked away even faster.

     “All I want is to get closer.” Luhan sighed as he watched her petite figure turn the corner, leaving him, leaving his sight.

     Yoona plopped herself down on to the bench that was in the garden area. Changmin was always lenient and let her out of class since her class before is Lunch and after his class was study hall. Her not attending his class happened frequently.

     It was just a regular Wednesday, but she couldn’t help but shake this odd feeling. She didn’t understand what was wrong with her. Never has she felt like this, usually all her problems were gone with a wave of a wand and a snap of a finger. Even flipping through her spell books worked. But no amount of magic could save her from this. Yoona’s been feeling like this for a week now.


      A week Ago...

     “Thank you, go inside the school for some baked goods and come pick up your car later alright?” Krystal smiled at the man who dropped off his car to get it washed. There were about seven cars being worked on at a time with a couple of other cars parked on the other side of the parking lot. One side clean the other still dirty.

     Seohyun, Luhan and Kai were at one station, tending to a Camaro. “One day,” Kai began as he reached for the hose on the ground, “I’m going to own a car like this.” He admired the red Camaro in front of him. Luhan just rolled his eyes at the younger’s goals.

     “Once you become a famous rich dancer. I’ll believe you.” Krystal scoffed handing a key back to its owner and accepting a ten that was given. “Why aren’t you doing anything anyways? Everyone is working hard but you.” Kai sneered at the ice witch. Krystal simply rolled her eyes and looked over to Sulli who just nodded. The mortal walked over to the wolf and informed him, “’Stal can’t really control her powers. Unless you want her to freeze a whole car right in front of a whole crap load of people I suggest you leave her alone.”

     Kai cockily smiled, “I’ll stop messing with her once your wolf stops.” He winked at her. Sulli’s jaw dropped at Kai’s response. She angrily took the hose from his grasp and sprayed his face.

     “What the hell!? Why?!” He yelled before shaking his hair like a dog.

     “You probably deserved it.” Chen said randomly passing by as he grabbed another bucket that waws near them. Kai simply stared at the wolf who was looking at him as well before shrugging, “Fair enough.”

     Yoona laughed at her two friends as she scrubbed the windshield of a car. She had on a white bandeau bathing suit with a red flannel over which was tied so it revealed her flat stomach. Her hair was tied up messily and had a bandana wrapped around her head with black shorts. As usual the cheer leaders were matching, wearing the same thing but different colored bathing suits.

     Seohyun was talking to Luhan who was diligently lathering the tires of the car with soap. It wasn’t that he was trying to ignore Seohyun’s ramble, he just didn’t feel the need to as he worked on cleaning. As she stopped talking he took a good look at her. The younger witch had long brown hair and was quite pale. What took him was that determination in her eyes that seemed to be constantly present. Luhan wondered what ignited that.

     It always seemed to happen. Whenever he would look at Seohyun, it was as if it was on instinct he turned around and saw Yoona. Yoona was working by herself, chatting across her car with Yuri on the car next to her, on a Mercedes Benz. Without knowing, he frowned a little wondering why nobody was helping her, who would let a girl work alone? He just didn’t understand. Luhan was too busy wondering why she was alone he didn’t realize he had already started to reach for a bucket and sponge. As per usual, Seohyun took notice of the blond wolf.

     “Where are you going?” Seohyun’s voice coming out a little more harsh than usual.

     “To help Yoona.” Luhan said calmly. Seohyun rolled her eyes at the fact that she didn’t understand why he always would ditch her to help Yoona. To her, he was giving her mixed signals when really he gave none. He would be nice to both witches. But it was quite obvious that he would care for Yoona a little bit more even though he claims he isn’t into relationships.

     “What about me? You can’t leave me alone.” Seohyun snapped.

     “You have Kai.” Luhan pointed to the tan boy in the wife beater. Seohyun sighed, “But he’s flirting with…” She canceled her sentence when she saw Luhan already on his way to Yoona.

     Yoona looked up and saw the wolf smiling at her, “Do you need help Mr. Luhan?” She brushed the hair out of her face with her arm. “I think you’re the one who needs help Yoona.”

     “It’s fine Luhan. You don’t to help me.” The girl said nonchalantly as she continued to work. The wolf laughed to himself as he set the bucket down, “I didn’t ask for you permission.” Yoona just sighed and gave in, knowing Luhan, she wouldn’t be able to change his mind anyways.

     Both were scrubbing opposite sides of the car. Luhan looked through the passenger window and saw Yoona looking through the driver’s window.They laughed as they waved to each other through the soapy windows. Out of the blue music had started playing. Turning towards the direction of the music they saw Krystal turning up the volume of the stereo in T.O.P.’s car. Every girl screamed, “BUBBLE POP!” Everyone had begun singing and dancing to the music while trying to get their jobs done.

     Luhan was currently rinsing off the tires when he saw Yoona and Yuri not doing anything but sing and dance. The wolf smirked to himself as he aimed the hose at the two friends and pulled the lever, hosing them down.

     “Luhan!” Yoona yelled wiping the water from her face, “Yes Ms. Im?” He mocked. Seeking revenge Yoona grabbed the hose Kai was using a minute ago and took aim at Luhan,”You wouldn’t.” But all she did was nod in response.

     “Are you sure you want to that Yoona?”

     This time Yoona shook her head smiling, “Nope.” She laughed as she sprayed him with water. After the shower was done, Luhan spit out all the water that entered his mouth. He quietly picked up the sponge full of soap and water giving Yoona the evil eye. The witch froze, dropping her hose. “Let’s talk about this.” She laughed nervously stepping back each time Luhan took a step forward. “I don’t think so.”

     Yoona grabbed Hyoyeon’s arm and pulled her in front of herself as a human shield. “Yoong? I don’t want to be a part of this war!” She cried at the girl who was taking cover behind her.

     The witch made a run for it. She ran straight for Jonghyun, “Hide me! Luhan’s out to get me.”

     “Sorry, can’t do that.” The blonde haired boy shrugged. “Why not?”

     “He’s right behind you.” He grinned taking out his cellphone. Yoona turned and saw the blond smiling down on her. It was like any other smile he would give her but this one just made her heart stop for a brief moment. She knew it wasn’t out of fear because from her experience of life, which she has about seventeen years of, and she was scared of nothing. She was scared of something but it was impossible it was Luhan so she just ignored how after her heart stopped it started to increase. As if it was trying to make up from the nanosecond it stopped.

     Once again she turned to escape but Luhan had s an arm around her waist so she couldn’t run. In that moment Yoona held her breath, it was involuntary, was it because she knew that a dirty sponge full of water and soap is about to go down on her head or was it the fact that Luhan was basically back hugging her. It wasn’t the first time Luhan has held Yoona but it was the first time Yoona reacted like that.

     Luhan brought the sponge over her head and squeezed the sponge empty. There were a couple of bright flashes as Yoona was getting covered by mixture of water and car soap. “Got it!” Jonghyun laughed victoriously holding his phone out, “Someone actually defeating Yoona and I have proof of it!”

     “I smell like a car thanks to you.” Yoona pouted then glared at him as she wiped the soap on her arms on his shirt. “Want me to hose you off?” Luhan joked around with her. He was having too much fun teasing her. “I think you’ve done enough Mr. Lu.” Yoona hissed at him.

     “Don’t be mad at me, you’re the one who started it.” he raised his hands in defense dropping his sponge on the ground walking back to the car they were cleaning moments ago. “How did I start this?” Both began bickering without realizing that everyone saw their little unplanned show.

     “I swear the only other guys she’s close with are the guys she has known for years. They have only known each other for three months not even.” The other Jonghyun threw his hands up in defeat.

     It was true, for Yoona to be completely comfortable around a guy it would take a year or two. But with Luhan they instantly became friends. 

Yuri looked over to at Yoona and Luhan. They were hosing down their respective sides of the car, acting as if nothing had happened. The two looked over the car at each other and smiled before looking back down. The action didn’t go unnoticed. Luhan pointed the nozzle up at angle and made it sprinkle rain on Yoona’s side causing her to stop and smile like a fool. She mimicked his action, and after about twenty seconds of peace they began chasing each other around the car spraying water at each other.

     “Do you think it’s going to happen?” Krystal leaned against the table watching them run around. Kai joined her grabbing a water bottle, “Luhan and Yoona? Most likely.” He nodded looking over at his two friends.

     “Yo can we talk?” Kai, Sehun and Taemin walked up to Luhan who was in the lunch line. “What do you guys want to talk about?” He asked them as he skimmed through the trays of food. “You and Yoona at the car wash earlier this week.” Taemin began.

     “And at the homecoming set up the other day.” Kai continued. “Is there something going on between you two that we don’t know about?” Sehun cocked an eyebrow.

     “Last time I checked, her and I are just friends.” Luhan shrugged picking up an apple. “Speaking of friends, that reminds me, I have to go help Chen ask Liyin to homecoming.” He took a bite from his apple and walked away from them not even bothering to grab an actual lunch tray, “You guys should go too.”

     Luhan’s mind pondered on the memory of the car wash. Everyone has been coming up to him, saying that him and Yoona were so close, when in reality, he barely knew her. She was so secretive and brilliant. For starters, she knows a lot about any creature that ever lived, she has the power to control time and erase people’s memories.

     He lifted up the apple to take another bite but the red fruit was taken out of his hand. “Hey!”

     “Yo.” Luna said biting into the apple. “That was mine.” Luhan mumbled staring at the apple in his sister’s hand.

     “So? Mine now.” Luna flaunted the apple by taking another bite, “Where are you going? The lunch room is that way.” She pointed behind her. “I’m helping Chen ask Liyin to homecoming.” There was a brief moment where his sister had rolled her eyes. “Please come with me. I don’t want to just awkwardly stand there.”

     “Why do you need me?”

     “To awkwardly stand with me.” Luhan grabbed her arm dragging her towards the garden area.

     “I don’t want to watch someone I don’t even know being asked to homecoming.” Luna rolled her eyes once again. Her mind drifted off and imagined Chen in front of a banner with a bouquet of flowers asking Liyin to homecoming. Luna gagged at the thought.

     “Why? You know Chen?” Luhan stated, “Stop being bitter.”

     “I’m a bitter person.” Luhan abruptly stopped and stared directly at her. “What now?”

     “When did you chop off your hair?” He grabbed strands of his sister’s hair and examined it as if it was some sort of foreign item. “The other day,” She swatted his hands away from her, “While you were setting up for homecoming.”  Luhan made an ‘O’ shape but still didn’t understand why she did it.

      Luhan snapped his fingers as a light bulb went off in his head, “Oh I forgot the flowers in my locker, can you go ahead and help him set up the banner?”

     “I don’t know-”

     “Thanks! I’ll be right back!” Luhan cut her off as he ran towards the building where his locker was. Luna sighed in shame, “How is he in honors?” She mumbled her way to the garden.

 

     Yoona looked up from her position from the bench and heard someone coming. Quickly, her eyes flashed white as she became invisible. She placed a wet paint sign on the bench just in case. Yoon wasn’t really hiding from people; she just didn’t want to be disturbed. She wanted to be left alone. Before she dozed off, she saw who was walking past her, ‘It’s just Luna…’ The witch thought before closing her eyes.

    

     “Chen?” Luna called his name as she made her way towards the back of the garden. The female wolf found the other wolves helping Chen out. There was a bouquet of roses off to the side, “I thought Luhan had the flowers?”

     “Oh Luna, you’re here, can you help hang the other side of the banner?” Chanyeol pointed to the other side of the garden archway. The back was facing her but since there was a bit of wind, the side she was assigned to hang, blew over and she saw Liyin’s name. Not even trying to contain her jealousy she huffed, “Of course.”

     Chen was facing them making sure the banner was straight. He pulled out his phone to text Kai. In no time he appeared next to him, “You rang?”

     “How does it look?” Chen nudged Kai, telling him to look up. Kai let a smirk form on his face, “I think you’re a genius.”

     Luna gave them a skeptical look and moved to a position where she could see the whole banner, ‘How is he a genius?’

     “Is it all right?” Chanyeol asked as he and Luna stood under it. “Is it ready?” Sehun came running in, using Chanyeol’s shoulders as his break.

     “With the help of Luna it’s ready.” Chen smiled at the banner while Luna just let out a fake laugh. The banner wasn’t all that big, it was a black banner with the words, “Homecoming Liyin?” in white. Kai walked over to the bouquet under the archway and tossed it to Luna who caught it with ease. “Be a doll and give these to her when she gets here.”

     All stood -most stood- in admiration of how better it looked in the garden area. Luna too had to admit that it was a perfect location.

     “Wait.” Chen said slowly approaching the black banner, “Something’s wrong here.” He tapped his chin glancing at Sehun. Luna was confused, it looked perfect to her. Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol took a step back. Sehun twirled his index finger and a tiny little tornado flew over to the banner, ripping Liyin’s name off revealing the name ‘Luna’ in sparkling gold letters.

     It took a second before it processed through Luna’s head. She re-read the name about a hundred times and each time she would glance back at the smiling Chen then at the bouquet Kai threw in her hands. Finally, she turned around to face the other guys, wondering if they knew. Her questions were answered when she saw Kai holding a paper that said ‘No L’ while Chanyeol’s paper said ‘Yes J’.

     Finally Luna put it all together.

     Chen was asking her to homecoming.

     Then another realization hit her, “You made me set up my own homecoming proposal?” Luna shrieked turning back to Chen who just continued to smile like a fool. “This is why he’s the school’s troll.” Kai laughed.

     “Pretty smart huh?” Luhan emerged from behind a tree, surprising his sister. “You lied to me?!”

     “We all basically did sweetheart.” Kai continued to tease while dancing with the piece of paper in his hand while Luhan continued to laugh.

     Luna stomped over to Kai and took the paper out of his hand and crumpled it up into a ball throwing it at her brother’s face. “So does that mean I get a yes?” Chen asked with hope in his eyes. Slowly she turned to him smiling and just nodded. “Yes! My sister won’t die alone!”

     “We’re just going to homecoming, not getting married.” Chen corrected as they began to walk back to the front of the garden. “Were you surprised?”

     “Well for starters, I thought you were asking Liyin to homecoming so damn right I was surprised.” Luna hissed at her five laughing friends. As they continued to walk Sehun stopped in his tracks, “Wait.”

     “What now?” Luhan asked the younger. Sehun just looked up at the sky and pointed to the corner of his eye. Kai held in a laugh realizing what he was doing and why he had stopped. He shook his head as he waltzed over to the bench next to the daisy bush and crouched down handing the wet paint sign to Sehun. The three other wolves were staring at them as if they were crazy (Not including Chen).

     “Wake up,” Kai tapped on the bench, “Can’t stay here forever.”

     “How did you know?” a groggy voice said shocking the twins as Chanyeol ran out of fear.

     “Knowing you for years, it’s our sixth sense.” Sehun said as she reappeared. Her hair was in her face and she was lying down on her side on the bench, eyes still closed, “Come on Yoong.” Kai tucked her hair behind her ear as if she was a child. “No.”

     Sehun and Kai both sighed as they faced each other. “What are they doing?” Luna leaned over to Chen without looking away at the two. “Playing Rock, Paper, Scissors.”

     “You lose.” Kai stood up shoving his hands into his pockets.  “Let’s go Yoona.” Sehun sighed in defeat as he helped Yoona onto his back.

     “Wha-” Luhan started but Kai beat him to it. “Our Yoona falls asleep here a lot,” He began and grabbed Yoona’s dangling hand, “We carry her back into the nurse’s office. Happens frequently, the nurse is used to Yoona being in there that now she has her own room.” He laughed as he played with her lifeless hands. ‘Does he always do that?’

     Kai looked back and noticed Luhan’s  gaze, “I hold her hand to see if she is half awake, lazy or knocked out.”

     “What is our princess’s state?” Chen asked as if he was a guard for royalty. Kai bounced her hand on his palm, “Out like a light.”

     “Just saying Chen, the only reason we didn’t include you was because of your date.” Sehun mentioned.

     “If she’s asleep why are you still holding her hand?” Luhan snapped. He didn’t mean to sound rude but it came out as if he was bitter about the idea of Kai holding Yoona’s hand.

     “It gives her a sense of security.” Kai said light-heartedly, “Yoona herself doesn’t know it, but when she falls asleep she isn’t at peace. She either mumbles or clenches and unclenches her hand as if she’s trying to grab someone’s hand or she can’t sleep still, always rolling around in bed as if she was distressed.

     We talked to Changmin about it and he says it started after her parents left. It isn’t as bad as it was when it first started. Apparently she would cast spells in her sleep, scream and cry a little but I guess she grew out of that. He said no matter how strong she is when she’s awake, that little girl whose parents left her is still there.” Kai softly smiled, gazing at Yoona.

     “How long have you guys been doing this?” Luna asked with admiration. “Since we were eleven Changmin, Naeun, Sooyoung , Taemin and us are the only ones that know.” Kai explained.

     “It feels like an obligation to take care of her. Yoona does so much for us and knowing how weak she is when she’s asleep. You just want to protect her, and make her feel safe. If it means carrying her and holding her hand for a couple of minutes every other day, we’ll do it.” Sehun said with a lot of care.

     They followed them to the nurse’s office where the nurse greeted them, “I was wondering if you two left her.” She joked as Kai let go of her hand and Sehun placed her on the bed, “Better tell Taemin to take better care for her. You three have been doing all the work.” The nurse pointed to Chen, Sehun and Kai.

     “No problem Ms. Ku. See you next week.” They all waved to her.

     “You guys are so nice to her. Yoona’s lucky to have friends like you.” Luna smiled pulling out two roses and handed them to the two youngest, “You deserve the beautiful flower.” She beamed as she walked away from them dragging Chen and Luhan with her.

     Yoona always gave off a strong vibe.  Independent. Sassy. Powerful. But of all times she’s most vulnerable, she isn’t even conscious of it.

     “We are pretty good friends aren’t we?” Sehun half smiled and twirled the rose inbetween his index finger and his thumb.

     “Trust me Sehun, we aren’t friends. Besides Changmin, You, Taemin and I are her only family.”

     Tapping his pen against his notebook, he thought back to that memory in his head. He really knew absolutely nothing about that girl. How could people say they were close? Have they seen Taemin’s and Yoona’s relationship? Luhan had barely head about it, but he knew they were close. Don’t get him started on Sehun and her. They acted as if it was a day to day thing, carrying Yoona around and hearing the way Sehun talks about Yoona like she’s means the world to him.

     What really got him was Kai. The way Kai looked at her, the way he cared for her how Kai and sehun didn’t have to see her to know she was there. The way Kai held onto her hand with so much care, he was gentle and treated it as if it was so fragile and delicate.

     ‘Am I jealous?’


The Other Day...

     “Jongin, pass me another one of those centerpieces?” Yoona asked him.

     “Catch.” He tossed one to her. Without looking up she caught it with one hand. “Cheater.” Kai huffed under his breath accusing her, implying that she had used her magic.

     “I won’t deny it.” She placed it perfectly on the table and smiled in triumph.

     Luhan was carrying a stereo when his eyes began to follow two boys creeping up on Yoona. Sehun wrapped his arms around the petite girl, “Yoona~” He sang.

    “What do you want?” She deadpanned.

    “Your heart.” G-Dragon came out of nowhere and grabbed her hand placing it against his chest. Confused, Luhan placed the stereo down on the ground and leaned against the door frame, focusing all his attention on the scene that was unfolding in front of him.

     “Jiyong, I know you and Seunghyun love me, but I doubt you want my heart. What do you want and why did you drag Sehunnie into this?”

     “Fine, I need your help asking CL to homecoming. I need you to work your girl power type and help me ask her.” G-Dragon let go of her hand making his hands drop to his side as well.

     Yoona tapped her chin, “Chaerin is like a badass goddess. I feel like she would appreciate some normal proposal. She’s been asked by spray paint on her parking space, a big banner dropping down in front of the gym, bullhorn in the library and she has rejected all of them. So I say go for something sweet and simple like, ‘I know it’s not much but I was wondering if you would go to homecoming with me?’ something like that.”

     “Do you really think that’ll work?”

     Yoona looked around and saw CL dancing and joking around near the DJ’s equipment. Looking around once more she snapped her fingers, eyes flashing green as a bouquet of white and pink roses flashed in her hand.

     Luhan’s jaw dropped as he witnessed her freely using magic. She handed him the flowers and said, “Worth a shot.” And jerked her head towards CL’s direction. G-Dragon smiled, taking the flowers as he kissed Yoona on top of her head, “Thank you!”

     “Wait! Why was Sehun involved?”

     “You’re easier to convince when one of your ‘Children’ are around.” He chuckled as he left. Yoona turned her head slightly and pinched Sehun’s cheeks as if he was a baby.

     “What was that?” Luhan marched up to her.

 

     “A pinch see,” Yoona grinned and pinched Luhan’s cheeks. Lhan roughly pushed her hands away, “No, before that, what was that?” He pointed towards the senior who was just with her.

     “That was a Jiyong.” She said seriously as Sehun laughed a little finally releasing releasing Yoona from his grasp. Sehun also pretended not to notice how Luhan was eyeing his arms as they slipped away from the witch.

     “I know who GD is. I meant what you did before.”

     “I gave him advice.”

     “Before that.”

     “Sehun hugged me.”

     “After that.”

     “I gave him advice.” Yoona nodded saying it again.

     “No! After that I mean!”

     “I gave him flowers.”

     “… Okay, what do you a second before you gave him the flowers.”

     “I magically made a beautiful bouquet appear.”

     “Yes! Finally! But why?”

     “Well Xiao Lu, when one wants to display a sweet gesture, they get that other person something-”

     Luhan sighed in ultimate frustration, he had no idea if Yoona was being dead serious or if she was just straight up messing with him, “No, Yoon. I meant why did you do that in front of a mortal? Does he know? And who told you about that nickname?” Luhan glared.

     “Sehun told me about it little deer. Oh and Jiyong’s… sort of, a dragon. Well, was. He came here a couple of years ago, captured by hunters. That’s when we found out what hunters do. They kill them off or they do their research.” Yoona shook her head.

     The wolf wondered what she meant by research, “What do you mean research? And he was a dragon?”

     “By research, I meant he was dissected and they put something in him, it took away his ability or anytime he tried to turn back into a dragon, G-Dragon just described it as a bullet traveling through your nerves.” The witch sighed sadly.

     “Wow… has he ever thought about taking what it is out?” Luhan turned to the former dragon who was now hugging CL. They took that she had said yes to him.

      Trust me, we thought about it. But there are so many flaws. What doctor would we go to, removing it could kill him, or it could explode or be somewhere risky. We tried X-raying him once but the electromagnetic waves did something which caused him some pain. If there are hunters like you guys say,” She swallowed, “Just think how advanced they are now.”

 

     After an hour after their conversation, everyone was almost done with their preparations. “Luhan, can you pass me the ribbon over there.” Yoon held out her hand, waiting for the ribbon to make its way to her. She was on the top of a ladder, hanging some streamers and balloons to the wall. “Be careful.” Luhan ordered as he gave her the ribbon.

     “I was born careful.” She scoffed as he watched her respectively.

     “Naeun come on.”

     “L, I already said no.” Naeun sighed walking away from the said boy, trying to get away from him, “And you aren’t even on homecoming committee, why are you here?”

     “If he isn’t, why is he here?” Yoona mumbled to herself.

     “You aren’t going with anyone, so why not go with me?” He continued to pester while Naeun continued to glare at him. Usually Myungsoo wouldn’t constantly ask if Naeun said no, he always respected her decision. Today he was just persistent and acting out of character.

     Taemin saw Naeun’s irritated face and quickly came to her rescue, “Problem?”

     “No actually, yes, she isn’t going with anyone to homecoming.”

     “Actually she is, I’m going with her, so I think you should leave her alone.” Taemin nodded trying to prevent conflict as he motioned towards the door. Myungsoo just scoffed at him, “As friends. She needs a real date, someone who can take care of her.”

     Luhan eyed the argument that was occurring near him. Taking notice of Taemin’s balled fist, it was obvious he was slowly getting mad since Taemin is a new wolf, all his emotions can’t be controlled that well, and he felt the need to intervene.

     “Myungsoo, I think you should leave, my answer will still be no.” Naeun crossed her arms as she told him as nice as she can. “I think you should listen to her.” Luhan said.

     Myungsoo just stood planted to the spot, refusing to move.

     “He just needs to get the out of here and leave.” Taemin growled.

     “What would happen if I didn’t?” Myungsoo stepped towards him smirking. “Back up.” Taemin pushed him further away.

     Yoona sighed, “That’s my cue…” she began to step down the ladder and faced the tiny argument happening underneath her. Yoona’s eyes widened and froze when she saw Myungsoo, not even noticing his retaliation by pushing Taemin into Yoona’s ladder.

     “!” Yoona screamed as the tipped over a little and wobble making her lose her grip. She was expecgting to come in contact with the hard floor but ended up in familiar arms. A thank you was supposed to come out, but instead she said, “How can you carry me? You are so baby-faced and… Xiao Lu.” She brought the nickname back but this time in a whisper.

 

     “I’m taller than you, physically stronger than you and you are light as a feather,” Luhan said putting her back on her feet, “Are you okay?”

     “Yes sir, thanks…” Yoona said watching Myungsoo just walk away from them as if nothing had just happened. She leaned over to Naeun without tearung her gaze from the boy, “What just happened?”

     “I don’t even know. After you screamed it was as if he completely forgot why he was here.” Naeun shook her head eyeing Yoona curiously. “Interesting…”

     Naeun knew that face.Naeun knew that tone too. She has known Yoona for a long time so she was very familiar with it. Yoona’s head was spinning with thoughts. Something was on her mind. It was either something she saw or something she is piecing together. Yoona felt something completely wrong with what was going on and Naeun knew; she’s not going to find out until Yoona was one hundred percent sure.

 

     Yoona walked out to use the bathroom; she needed some time to think where it was pretty quiet. She stopped in her tracks when familiar voices were heard inside. ‘Don’t be a snoop Yoona…’ she told herself as she was about to walk away.

     “I don’t understand! She does it with no effort whatsoever!”

    “Joohyun, stop attempting to go after him.”

   “But Yoona isn’t even interested in Luhan. It’s as if she put a spell on him. First day of school, she falls and he rushes to her not even knowing her name. At the first game, she fell, which I don’t understand since Hyoyeon, Jessica and Hyorin are an amazing base, and he just hopped over a fence. The car was it was as if she was messing around with Sehun or Taemin.  And just now! Yoona ends up in his arms and she acts like it’s not a big deal. I doubt she even notices him falling for her.”

     I doubt she even notices him falling for her.

     Notices him falling for her.

     Falling for her.

    ‘He’s falling for me?’

     Snapping out of her trance; she heard the voices drawing nearer to her. To avoid looking like a complete snoop, she turned to get away but collided with non-other than the deer prince himself.

     The collision recoiled as she stumbled a little but he grabbed her arms and held her to make sure she didn’t fall. “I told you to be careful didn’t I?” Luhan’s mouth grew into a smile, Yoona sheepishly laughed as she looked at his hands which were still holding onto her thin arms, than turned her head and saw a pissed off Seohyun walking in the other direction.

     ‘Why does this always happen?’

     “I’m just going to-” Yoona cute herself off as she ran into the bathroom leaving a confused Luhan behind.

     From that day on, Yoona did her utmost best to avoid Luhan. She knew she felt something but she convinced herself it was nothing the only real time she would speak to him is about asking Seohyun to Homecoming, The rest of the rime was to make sure he felt nothing for her by avoiding her.

     Yoona’s eyes fluttered poen, the corner of her lip curved up knowing they didn’t leave her. Sitting up, she thought if it was a good idea convincing Luhan to ask Seohyun to homecoming. “You’re crazy for thinking he’s attracted to you.”

     “Morning Ms. Ku.” Yoona yawned walking out of her room.

     “Afternoon Yoona, Sehun carried you in. Lai was with him along with Chen and those fraternal twins.”

     “Thanks for letting me know.” Yoona smiled. “Oh and that boy twin, he has some green eyes, he was watching Shen and Kai like a hawk. Be careful young lady, treat your boyfriend right.” Ms. Ku scolded.

     Yoona laughed awkwardly at her remark, “Haha… He’s not my boyfriend, just friends.”

     “Not from the way he was eyeing Kai.”

     The witch walked slowly to her locker, thinking about what had happened in the past week. She thought about what Ms. Ku said, there was no way Luhan was jealous of Kai. Luhan has no emotional feelings towards anyone. In a relationship of course, a blind person could tell how much he cares for Luna and his friends but that was it.

     Without realizing, her face was in contact with someone’s back, “Woah, sorry.” She blinked twice, “Didn’t see you there.”

     “I’m taller than you and right in front of you.” He said amusingly but to Yoona he came off a bit cocky.

     “Well sorry again, person I’ve never seen before.” She apologized again before walking off, not even looking back.

     “Yo~”

     “Sir, I don’t like talking to random people.” Yoona hissed.

     “So I’m a random person now?”

     Yoona looked out of the corner of her eye and saw Sehun’s messy fringes, “Oh, Sehun it’s just you. When did you start saying Yo?”

     “Since Luhan,” The younger caught up to her and grabbed her hand, “How was nap time and who was the random people you were talking about?”

     “I was a very nice nap. That guy is a probably a transfer.” Yoona began swinging their arms back and forth as if they were children. “Yoona I didn’t see a guy.”

     “Well I guess he left but whatever. Has Luhan asked Seohyun yet?”

     “Nope, why do you want him to ask her so badly?”

     “So Seohyun won’t hate me that much.”

     “Well since Luhan is going to be taken and so is Chen, Kai and Taemin-”

     “Jongin is taken?”

     “Yes he is taken. But would you like to go to homecoming with a very tall and hansdsome underclassmen?”

     “Mark Tuan is going to ask me to homecoming?” Voice got all excited.

     “Yoona!”

     “Just kidding my darling. Of course I’ll go with you. But what about Daeun?”

     “She goes to a private school remember?”

     “Alrighty, what time do you want me to pick you up?” Yoona stifled her laughter as she saw Sehun glare at her. “Sorry, I have been saving it until Baekhyun asks Taeyeon out, but they are taking too long.” His glaring continued, “I saw the chance so I took it!”

     “Why am I even friends with you?” Sehun shook his head, shoving his hands in his pocket and walking away.

     “No Sehunnie! Comeback! Love me!” She ran after the boy who started running away from the with who was aiming to tackle him to the ground. Luhan peered around the corner and watched the run across the court yard. He didn’t want to smile at the sight but he couldn’t help it, it was just really cute. “Maybe I should as Seohyun…”

     That night, like Changmin always did, a little past midnight. After changing a brushing his teeth, he checked on Yona, found her fast asleep. His cousin must have been asleep for a while since she was tossing and turning nonstop.

     He grabbed the chair that was pushed into her desk and sat down next to her bed. Changmin waited for a brief moment where she would stop moving before grabbing her hand. Instantly her discomfort ceased and she looked more at peace than she was no more than a minute ago.

     “One day Yoona,” He whispered brushing her distraught hair out of her face, “Sehun, Kai, Naeun, Sooyoung or I won’t be here. I need you to be strong. A lot stronger. I know it’s been getting better but still Yoona… I have a good feeling about that Luhan, keep him okay?” He patted her hand before letting go and kissing her forehead.

     Slowly Changmin placed the chair back and shut the door behind him. There was light coming from the kitchen. “I swear I turned the lights off…” He mumbled to himself as he shuffled his way there.

     “Long time no see.”

     Changmin was taken aback. He clutched his heart and leaned on the doorframe of the kitchen, still in shock he looked up at the man holding a glass of milk and wearing all white.

     “ Siwon, don’t do that!”

     “Do you ever wonder why we took away your halo and wings?” Siwon asked sarcastically as he placed the glass on the counter.

     “With or without them, I still look better than you. Why are you in my cousin’s house?”

     “You’ve been so humanized.” Siwon scrunched up his face as if it was something disgusting, “You could always earn them back, Jimin and Choa are fine with doing so.”

     “I live on earth now. I’m a teacher who has to figure out how to break up with his student girlfriend.”

     “Another reason we took them away. Adultery.” The angel shook his finger.

     “How- Nevermind, what do you want?”

     “I have an offer, I know how much you want your wings back, and like I said, Choa is willing to give them back if-”

     “Get to the point; what do I have to do.” Changmin immediately cut him off. He seemed like a chill go with the flow type guy. Not really caring at all. But not even he could lie, he misses having the wings on his back and the halo over his head.

     “We have a job for you.”

     “Wait why me? There are other angels who go their wings revoked, like Heechul!”

     “First of all, you change Yunho’s fate and Heechul is way too far beyond repair. You still have a chance. Also, it has something to do with Yoona.” His tone got serious. “Someone close to Yoona, or will be close to her, will try to kill her and Seohyun. Since we can see the bad that will come… Before you freak out both of them lived, but…”

     “But what?” Changmin’s voice rose.

     “Something happened, and it changed. Both of them do.” Siwon said slowly as he looked down at his bare feet.

     “When!” Changmin slammed his hand against the marble counter; he could care less about the reddening hand.

     “That’s too much information-”

     “What do you mean that’s too much information?! You just informed me my cousin’s going to die and you are expecting me-”

     “BUT! As you know, time can be rewritten. That’s what we do, make sure everyone makes good choices and nothing bad happens, sometimes we make it sometimes we don’t… You know the rules though… They can be saved…”

     “If I save them, two have to take their place…” Changmin recited the rules that were engraved in his mind, “If they were safe before, now they’re the ones who were the two that died before it was changed?”

     Siwon silently took a sip of the milk and gently placed it back on the spot where he put it, “Kai and another boy named Hakyeon.” Changmin covered his mouth in shock. Never in his life had he expected Kai to die, “A hunter attack.”

     “How can I keep the two witches alive and those two boys?” He choked out.

     “If you want to keep them alive, and willing to accept the mission; I suggest you witch them out for people who are already dead.” Siwon said lifelessly.

     “Vampires.”


Author's Note: Again very sorry it took three months for this update. I don't know when the next time I will be able to update but DO expect me to update in Novemebr because that is when I finally get a break from school! A week off!!! But yeah, I have been a bit stressed lately. With all the Kpop drama and the drama at school. It's been mind consuming, Also the work load I have is major. 

It also still hasnt sunk in That Luhan and Jessica left their groups....

I'm currently writing the next chapter to "Living an Average life" so expect an update next month as well or earlier. 

Also I think I am going to delete "An Uninntentional Mistake." I Have had major block on that story and I think I am also going to shorten "Blinded angel"  Going to make that maybe ten chapters or a little bit more or less.

I just feel really bad for not having enough time. I would of updated Saturday but I hade Homecoming. Anyways. Since My last author's note for this story I talked about my health and my aunt I want you guys to know she is doing pretty well (He wig is on point! I had no idea she was wearing one! A+ Tita!) and Since that last update I have lost ten pounds! 

Thank you guys for giving me support and I hope you guys will continue to support me. Like I said even though Luhan is gone from Exo doesnt mean I'm going to stop writing him. I actually have future stories in mind so keep a look out for them.

Peace out cub scout!

Other Stories: Not Your Average Relationship (Compete) | Living An Average Life |
An Unintentional MistakeBlinded Angel