Outcast

Different : It's Magic

Panting, he was stumbling over. His pack had abandoned him. He was an outcast, different. His pack looked the same, grey, a dark grey. But him, his coat was brown. They were regular wolves, werewolves to be exact. He had power over lightning. He couldn’t control it. He just discovered it. He had been trying to run from the dark clouds and lightning strikes for an hour but it kept coming and following him. He grew tired and decided to lay down on the leaves as lightning shot all around him nonstop.

“Tado,” The clouds dispersed but the lightning remained.

“Stay calm,” one girl asked through the flashing lights, “Please.”

“I don’t want to hurt him,” Yoona said uneasily. Another bolt shot a pile of dry leaves causing a fire to form. The eldest of the girls held her hands out while cold wind and snow shot from her palm.

“Do it!” The fairy demanded.

“I can't see his aura!”

“No pure wolf can do this!”

Yoona closed her eyes, taking a deep breath. Her eyes flew open to reveal glowing electric blue eyes. Raising her arms slowly she began to levitate the wolf in the air.

   “Trafeo.”

   The wolf’s back arched forcing a howl out of him along with the sound of cracking bones; his form shrank from this large beast to a fragile boy. Yoona sighed in relief and twirled her fingers towards the boy and soon enough, he was fully clothed.

“Are you out of your mind?! You could've hurt someone!” The fairy flew up to him angrily.

“You’re a-" he blinked at the girl, "Who are you?”

“You aren’t from here...” The elder sister examined him closely, “Never once have I seen you here and never once has a wolf gone on a rampage in this forest.”

“There are other wolves here?” The boy's mood increased dramatically.

“There are only two your age,"

“There are others but they're still children.” The youngest one explained, “Why are you using your powers like that? Where's your pack?”

“You were an outcast... and discovering your ability led them to abandon you.”

“How did you- ”

“She knows a spell that allows her to read minds.”

“You went through my mind?!" The wolf backed away in offense, "Can someone tell me who you all are?”

“Jessica and Krystal are sisters. Both are ice witches. They can do anything with their ice powers. "Irene is an earth fairy, very rare.”

“I’m not an animal. Oh, no offense!” Irene quickly turned to him.

“And I am Yoona. I'm a witch.”

“What’s your name?” Krystal asked him.

“Jongdae,”

“You don’t seem like a threat..." Irene's eyes scanned the new wolf before turning to smile at the witch. "We can't leave him alone! Let's help him!"

“Fine, maybe Sehun, Kai and I could help him control his powers.”

“Where are you from?”

“Gyeonggi, but our pack fled from there about six years ago when some vampires came around. We stayed around the Gimnyeong area.” Jongdae explained. Irene grew to a normal size and assisted him while he walked.

“Wow, you’ve traveled far to end up on this side Jeju.” Irene said.

“There seems to be a lot of people like us?”

“We find each other by chance. I’ve lived here all my life and found only about twenty other non-normal people at least. There’s another witch, a couple of vampires, very little wolves.”

“How do you hide so well? There are thousands of normals around.” Chen asked.

“Do you see us?” Krystal raised her eyebrows, “We look and talk like them.”

“Welcome to this part of Jeju.”

     Walking down the sidewalk by himself, Sehun had no troubles. Earlier he had seen the sudden lightning show, but knowing his friends, he knew they took care of it.

He took his headphones out of his ear when he saw her. He held back a smile. Then, the unexpected happened. Sehun felt angry. He felt heat bubble in his chest, his mind fogged, as if someone was clouding his thoughts.

     Sehun grabbed his head to try to steady his vision but was taken aback when he felt his nails were sharper than he remembered. ‘Am I turning...?’

     “Sehun?”

     He heard a familiar voice call out, but it sounded so far.

     ‘Something’s going on with me…’

     “Sehun?” Taemin laid a hand on his shoulder, “Dude are you alright?”

     “I-I’m fine,” he said trying to walk away from his friend.

     Taemin rushed in front of Sehun to try to figure out what was wrong with him only to be met with amber eyes. “What… It’s the middle of the day… The moon isn’t even out.”

    “I’ll figure out what’s wrong on my own, it’s fine, just let it be,” Sehun’s insides continued to boil. He didn’t want to lash out on him nor run into Joy while he was in this state.

     He grabbed Sehun’s arm to keep him from moving. Taemin felt the breeze picking up while Sehun’s pupils began to shrink, “Just breathe Oh,”

     Taemin looks around in hopes that nobody was paying attention to them or the intense wind. He noticed a couple arguing just a couple of feet away and others just minding their own business. But before he could try to talk some sense into Sehun, the latter yanked his arm from Taemin’s grasp.

     “Ah…” Taemin quickly retracted his hand, cradling it as he saw blood slowly pool in his palm.

     In an instant, everything settled down. The wind stopped, the arguing stopped and Sehun’s eyes returned to his normal brown. “Oh no… I’m so sorry,”

     “Sehun it’s fine, it was just an accident,” Taemin shrugged, “There’s no need to apologize!”

     “Taemin… I just scratched you. Me…” He saw realization flash in his friend’s eyes making him feel even more guilty. “I just ruined your life…”

     “Seohyun! Do you realize what you just did? Why do you insist on toying with magic on people?”

     “’Hyun, answer Yuri before she bites you, her fangs are coming out,” The eldest girl scolded.

     “You know I didn’t mean it!” Seohyun defended herself, not wanting to show that she was feeling rather guilty about what she just did, “I didnt know I was effecting Sehun too…”

     Yuri released a deep sigh, “Why are you so irresponsible with this? You don’t practice on people. Especially on normals.”

     “Why don’t we try looking on the bright side of this?” Seohyun attempted to lighten the mood, “Sehun and Kai won’t be the only grown wolves in town now!”

     “Well it looks like I came in at the right time!” Kai plopped on the couch across from them and smiled. “Hyun, Yeon, Yul, Sul.”

     Taeyeon shook her head in amusement at his greeting. She eyed the folders in the wolf’s hand and looked up into his eyes, wanting an explanation.

     While there were a number of supernatural beings living on the island, they all were technically in the same group. Everyone knew everyone; to keep each other safe. Taeyeon was a nymph herself while Yuri was stuck at nineteen. Sulli was really the only normal among them at the moment.

     “I come baring news that a new pack is on their way,” Kai tossed the folders onto the coffee table, “A couple are old buddies of mine, thought you guys wanted a head start in profiling them.”

     “Wolves? More of them?” Yuri sighed picking up one of the files before giving Kai a side eye, “It’s already troublesome with the two of you around. Now we get more?”

     Laughing a bit at Yuri’s natural reaction towards wolves, he handed her two files, “Did I mention I have non-wolf friends?”

     “Keep talking,”

     “Settly down, you’re already committed to Minho,” Sulli teased opening a file.

     “I’m sorry? Do you want to be immortal? ‘Cause I’m hungry.” The vampire’s fangs emerged.

     “Please do! It’s my life dream!” She feigned enthusiasm.

     “Well hate to burst your bubble, but these vamps are married.”

     Yuri went through their files.

Song Qian, also known as Victoria. 22. Born: February 2, 1898.

Zhou Mi, 23. Born April 19, 1901.

     “So they’ve been vampires for about eighty to ninety years?”

     “You’re like a baby compared to them!” Taeyeon .

     “Are you really comparing our ages? Minho and I may be under thirty years, but we live forever.”

     “You are forgetting that I do too,”

     Seohyun rolled her eyes at the two arguing about their immortality and continued to scan the files when she stumbled a very attractive male. She glanced up at Kai who was already looking at her as if he knew what she was going to ask about. Before she could even open Kai began speaking.

     “Mister Lu Han. Chinese, and is the greatest yet person you will ever meet,”

     “Lu… Han… Dawn… Deer…” Seohyun translated.

     “Ironically enough with his name and face, he’s extremely terrifying,” Kai noticed the confused looks the girls were giving him while they looked at Lu Han’s pictures, “As a wolf. He’s scary as a wolf.”

     Sulli continued to shift through the photos, “How do you know them?”

     “My dad was in his dad’s pack but then we had to move.”

     “This was way, back right?” Yuri mumbled to nobody in particular.

     “Who is this?”

     “That’s Park Chanyeol.”

     “Is he a wolf?”

     “Yup, but he is a mix. His mom’s a wolf while his dad has power over fire. His sister Yura didn’t get any traits but he received both.”

     “So, a dog with flamethrower? Pokémon much?” Sulli scrunched her nose, enjoying the reaction she was getting out of him.

     “Leave us alone.” He snatched the photo away sounding hurt.

     “Wait, so it’s rare for wolves to be born with powers. I know that nine times out of ten, when wolves have powers they are either cross bred or turned into one. Is Luhan a purebred?” Seohyun held up his picture by both corners wiggling it up and down.

     “He’s not just a purebred, he’s the Alpha,” he paused for what he deemed was for suspense, “Also he has a twin sister.”

     “What’s his power?”

     “He can lift things with his mind, he can heal,” He pointed to another picture, “He has time control but he isn’t a pure bred he was scratched by a stray while this guy,” he pointed to the one that could heal, “He got bitten by Luhan. So, both were turned.”

     “Nobody tell Yoona about them, she’ll flip,” Yuri sighed.

     “She won’t because they know someone who can block people with abilities to auras, and they hide their scent so well, I can’t even locate them.” Kai said.

     “I don’t know why she would be upset, she plays with Yoogeun and Kyungsan,” Seohyun rolled her eyes.

     Even though they were the same age Yoona was far more advanced in magic then she was and she hated it. Yoona can cast spells without chanting sometimes while Seohyun had to. Seohyun had to use her wand all the time where Yoona could manage without it. Both were born from a magical family, but Seohyun had her mother helping her while Yoona was alone. Seohyun just didn’t understand what made Yoona so special; so, different.

     “She has enough on her plate right now, with the sudden new wolf in town anyway,” Kai explained.

     “How did she find out about Taemin already?” Seohyun shot up in surprise. Taeyeon’s eyes went wide while Sulli covered her face with a file. From Kai’s face, it was obvious he had no idea about Taemin.

     “What do you mean Taemin?” Kai stood slowly. “Taemin isn’t a wolf.”

     “Sehun kind of… scratched him…” Yuri confessed for Seohyun, trying to hide the fact that she was becoming intimidated by the wolf.

     “I know Oh, he doesn’t get mad easily. A wolf can only turn someone when their claws draw blood. So, someone tell me right now, how that happened.”

     Seohyun sighed in defeat, “I was manipulating a couple and Sehun was also within range so I ended up manipulating him too.”

     “How can you be so reckless?!” Kai almost screamed, “Do you know what kind of hell you put both Sehun and Taemin in? Do you ever consider the consequences of what you do?”

     “What do you want me to do about it? I don’t know how reverse wolf someone!”

     “You don’t get it, do you?” Kai seethed, “Every ing bone breaks in your body. He isn’t like purebreds, where it’s in our system, our bones were born and accustomed to change when our minds say so. It’s already in our DNA, there is a set spot for wolf in our brain. But there are people like Tao, Lay and now Taemin, their bones break, every single one. They break every time until your body can handle the changes. Until it adapts to what you have become. It took Tao a year. Twelve months! Add in twelve full moons and every time they needed to change and all the times we told him to change.”

     “Kai I’m sorry, I really am but there is nothing I can do about it,”

     “Oh, I know, I’m just gonna go to someone who actually knows magic,” Kai turned to leave, “Ever wonder why Yoona is the better witch?”

 

     “What if we bring hunters there?” The girl growled.

     “Seven years ago, they went extinct.”

     “Well tell that to our city.” Another girl said landing in front of them.

     “Ok well I called Kai, the eight of us will head to Jeju Island first then the rest follow behind.”

     “What about school?”

     “Come on honey you me,” a tall girl said with long hair, “I can handle that.”

     “Big bro, we’re going to be outcasts, we are different.”

     “We are going to be normal. We aren’t going to tell people what we really are. Only Kai knows us even though I know there are more immortals there.”

     “Are you sure this is keeping us safe?”

     “One of the most powerful witches gave us the potion. BoA guaranteed. People with the ability can only see our Aura when we are animals or anything we are hiding as. Are we ready?”

     “Yes.” They all said.

     “Let’s move.”