Chapter 3

Between Two Hearts
dinner passed with laughter, talking about a lot of things between yo won and in na including times when they were teenagers. ji yong occasionally glanced yeoja sitting in front of him, a mysterious smile tugging the corner of his lips.

("so this is park bom........ yeoja that would be my fiance? ck ck, you really much different from dara. dara is the best" said Ji yong to himself)

  "Ji" call yo won who saw ji yong been staring at bom.

"Hmm"

"Why dont you bring bommi look around our painting collection" said yo won, Ji Yong smiled and stood up from his seat.

"Gladly oemma"

ji yong took bom a look around his family collection of paintings, bom attention to painting one by one, ji yong glance bom while thinking how to start his plan.

"your family have a lot of painting" said bom

"Ne, you like the painting?"

"Mmm, not really. Did you also like the painting?" asked bom back

"Not really too" said Ji Yong mimic bom word just now, they both laughed feel funny with ji yong answer just now.

  ji yong invites bom around their mansion, ji yong can see park bom were not so enthusiastic with their big houses and ji yong thought it was a natural thing for park bom because park family is definitely have larger and luxurious than his home.

"Sorry to disturb you but it's late, it is time for back home" said in na to ji yong and bom

"I have to go now, bye ji yong-ssi" said bom, bowing politely and walked to follow her oemma.

"Wait!" Call ji yong, bom stopped and turned her body looked ji yong

"I think we will meet again so can I get your number?" ji yong asked as he put his sweet smile, bom paused then smile back to ji yong

"Of course"

° ° ° ° °

"MWO, so she comes from a great family? Wow, jinjja daebbak if you can get engaged to her" said young bae, ji yong smiled and went on his billiard game.

"Hyung, are she's pretty?" asked seung ri curious

"Yup"

"y?"

"Yup"

"Really? Whom her name hyung?" asked seung ri curious

"Park bom"

"Wow a beautiful name, it must be a beautiful as a goddess" said Seung ri as he imagined how park bom's figure

"Then what's your plan?" asked young bae, ji yong stop his game billiard

"I already have her number and I plan to take her dinner, what do you think?" ji yong asked his friend idea argument.

"Good idea, multiply the conversation between you two and you will be able to get to know later" advice young bae, ji yong smile

"I dont need to know her, I already know how she is. now, I have to do is collect evidence to cancel this engagement" ji yong said seriously.

"Yeah, do your best bro" responsible young bae

tomorrow day ji yong called bom and invites her to have dinner together in restaurant 5 stars and certainly not his favorite restaurant because Ji Yong didnt want to invite yeoja who is not his love to go along to his favorite place, for him only dara who may come into special places for ji yong.

dinner conversation traversed by ordinary, nothing special. ji yong questions are always answered bom is that show park bom is a intelligent woman but for ji yong park bom in front of him is park bom who full of fakes being into good yeoja and perfect because it was ji yong know to look for bom flaws, is not enough to just have dinner. ji yong didnt want to act hastily will only make bom suspicious and it would destroy his plans. for ji yong, his plan mush be running smoothly and cleanly because then he could see nature and truth of park bom.

° ° ° °

"Baby, what you're thinking?" asked dara when they were in their favorite cafe.

"No" said Ji Yong lie

"You dont want to tell me? Dont you believe in me?" asked dara with her sad face, ji yong immediately embraced and kissed dara's forehead

"I'm sorry baby, I didnt mean to make you sad ... I ...... hmmm baby, I want to ask one thing to you"

"Say" said dara

"Mmmm ..... if you have a friend who likes to pretend how do you prove that he was play-act?" ji yong asked to consult dara

"Who is being fakes? Your friends? Did I know him?" asked dara back

"Ani ah, mmm not my friend ....... he he ........ yes my cousin my cousin he he he he" answered Ji yong nervous

"Your cousin? Alright I believe in you ^ ^ now tell me what happened and why you said he was play-act?"

"Mmmm, he pretends he's good when its truth evil" ji yong said origin, dara silence was thinking about something

"So what do you want me to do?" asked dara

"No, I'm just asking for your opinion of course"

"According to me, if he's double personality so, its best you dont get too close to him"

"But he's my cousin, my oemma always say he's good but really is not, I've said to my oemma but she doesnt believe"

"So you want to prove to your oemma that your cousin was having a bad attitude, right?"

"Yup"

"Mmm mmmm, I know ...... I think you need to invite him to walk around and take him to a place that he likes and when his true nature is already out dont forget you record and point it to your oemma" said dara gives ideas, ji yong nodding understand what dara said just now , he hugged dara and kissed her once again.

"Gomawo dara-a, you are the best. I love you baby"

° ° ° ° °

returning from deliver dara home, in the car ji yong tried contacting park bom but not removed. Ji yong Repeatedly pressing the dial button but still not lifted up. his eyes accidentally saw a few people who were fighting and Ji Yong's eyes widened open when he saw a red-haired yeoja fighting. Ji yong stopped his car and ran out toward them, ji yong interesting one namja who want to hit that yeoja with a piece of wood.

"Stop! I'll call the police" Ji Yong shouted, they stopped and stared at Ji Yong who immediately issued his cell phone. One of the lads gave a code to his partner to immediately go and they immediately fled. After they left, ji yong look to park bom slumped

"are you alright" ask Ji Yong

"Noona hurt" the teen who with bom, ji yong look bom's back to the bloody hit a sharp weapon

"We must get to the hospital" said Ji Yong and help bom walked toward his car.

Upon arrival at the hospital, the doctor immediately handle park bom. Ji yong and teenage son were sitting outside the emergency room.

"What happen?" asked ji yong

"Molla, we're waiting for the bus and suddenly they come to seize our money but noona defend it and fight with them and noona, noona hurted..." replied the teenager and cried sad thinking about bom condition now.

("Noona? Didnt bom is the youngest child in her family." Said Ji Yong to himself)

"You know who yeoja you are calling names noona?" ji yong asked searchingly

"Ne, her name is park bom but I usually call her bommi noona"

"How do you know her?"

"We met when I was selling corn on the cob and noona help me sell corn"

"MWO, help you? Did you know she comes from what family?" asked ji yong shocked by the teenegers story earlier

"Of course, bommi noona is rich yeoja who lives with her haelmonni. And noona also a student at Dongkuk university"

("Why is he so familiar with park bom? Like they've known a long time. But ..... park bom only a few days of being in korea" ji yong said quizzically at heart)

"How long have you know park bom?" ji yong asked curious.

"3 months, why hyung ask? are hyung also know bommi noona?" asked the teen curious

" ne I know her"

"Really? Oh thank goodness ... what we tell her haemonni, hyung?"

"Eh? Was ..........." ji yong word was interrupted when the doctor came out of the emergency rooms, they immediately went to the doctor.

"how her condition doc?" the teenager asked worried

"It's okay, she to experience wound in buttocks to cause mengalami cedera by sharp incision and now it is sewn. After a brief rest, she also has been allowed to go home" said the doctor then walked out of the room, a teenager was immediately approached bom that sits on the edge of the bed.

"Gwenchana noona?" the teenager asked worried

"Ne, how the money? Have they managed to take it?" Ask bom back, the teen shook his head.

"the money is still there with me. Noona, why dont we let them take our money so noona should not hurt like this" the teenager said sadly.

"Aish why you say that. Hear tae hyun-a, there is money to you it is very important to pay your your brother/sisters school fees what else you will have test soon" said bom

"But noona ......"

"alright, which is important now noona is okay, look! ...." (Bom sweet smile to show that she's fine)

"Park bom"

"Oh ji yong-ssi, gomawo has saved us before. Tae hyun-a fast pad thank to him" bom said, nudging tae hyun's arm.

"Gomawo has saved us hyung" tae hyun said, bowing respectfully.

"I'm okay, let's go home. your Haelmonni and aboeji must have been waiting for us" said bom and stood slowly

"I'll take you" ji yong said.

In the car they were all silent for just the occasional sound of tae hyun asked about bom.

"Ji yong-ssi, can we stop at the pharmacy whether there" said bom, pointing to a pharmacy. Ji yong stop his car in front of a pharmacy then bom and tae hyun rushes down and get into the pharmacy was not long before they came out with a bundle. After that ji yong back driving his car into a slum. Ji yong car stopped at a small house. ji yong is curious, follow park bom and tae hyun into the house. Ji Yong looked at the room which is just as wide as the bathroom in his room. In addition to the entrance there is a small kitchen and a bathroom and on the side there is only a small room with a television14inchi size and two wardrobe.

Park bom went aboeji who was lying on a folding bed

"Aboeji eaten?" bom asked with a soft voice, aboeji nodding slowly "Haelmonni had been cooking porridge for him, how selling today?" asked haelmonni while recieve medicine from bom.

"Selling sold out, hyung come in." said tae hyun calling ji yong who just standing in front of the door.

"Who is he?" asked haelmonni

"hyung sav ...." (cut by a bom)

"He's my friend, tae hyun-a where is the money?" said bom distract haelmonni. Tae hyun handed money from selling corn.

"Oppa tomorrow we can take the exam?" asked sun mi, tae hyun's sister.

"Of course, where is min ah and jung ha?" asked tae hyun seeking his brother and sister

"Haelmonni told min ah to buy bread" said haelmonni

Somehow ji yong feels his current brain cant function properly, he just quietly look poor familiarity with bom in front of him. Many things difficult in his search for answers like; why yeoja like park bom that comes from a conglomerate family could be in a rundown house and laugh with these poor people. It's a difficult thing to ji yong understand.

After an hour of being in the house, park bom and ji yong leave the 'nam' family's house

"Noona, better tomorrow doesn't have to help me. Noona must rest" tae hyun said when delivering them to the car.

"Arasso, noona will go home to rest and tomorrow noona will come to help you sell corn again" says bom

"Noona"

"Gwenchana tae hyun-a, noona is okay. Dont tell this to haelmonni and aboeji ok" said bom remind tae hyun

"Ne noona"

In the car towards park bom ....

"I dont understand why you can be friends with them?" ji yong asked curious

"Wae? Are there strange?" bom asked innocently.

"Of course strange, not whether you're new in Korea for a few days? How do you know him? And last, tae hyun said he had known you for 3 months. Park bom-ssi I really dont understand. Could you explain it to me ? "

"I've been in Korea since 6 months ago and my oemma arrived in korea a few days ago." clear bom

"So you ......... and what about your college? my oemma said our campus is same but I never see you"

"It's because I'd rather be in the library."

"Really? But ...... I cant understand why you want to help poor families? You're the rich yeoja that it should not be friends with them"

"Ji yong-ssi, I never pick on who I want to be friends. Important thing I feel comfortable and why I helped tae hyun? Firstly, because tae hyun sell corn and I love corn. Secondly, because tae hyun who was only 17 years old had to struggle to support his family. I just help them a little. "

"So they orphaned? ....... Why dont you just give the money to them"

"Poor people have pride, we must respect it" said bom firmly. there are many question who ji yong want to ask it but unfortunately they had arrived at bom's haelmonni house.

"We're arrive" said bom and then opened the car door, but bom doesnt go out and look at ji yong

"Ji yong-ssi, will you promise me one thing?"

"About what?"

"Promised was not going to mention this tragedy to my family and your oemma because I dont want them to worry"

"............. Should you do so far?"

"Please!" said bom showed little of her aegyo. ji yong silent, stunned by bom cute face.

"alright, I promise. resting, if you need my help please dont hesitate to call me arasso"

"Aye boss" said bom with a cheerful face, then came out and waved her hand until ji yong's car disappear.

ji yong inside the car ....

"basis weird yeoja , why she could have a cute face, ah dara more cute than her ......... but, is that her original nature? If yes, she's like a goddess who fell from the sky. Didn't no ..... I shouldn't believe it, it could be a fake family and the people who are in pay by park bom for acting in front of me .... but her injuries??? arghh ..... . know I have to keep looking for "ji yong said talking to himself.

Did ji yong will believe that bom was yeoja be an angel? if not, how ji yong prove it?

continue