Chapter 8: Journey - We are here.

When Kris Chose His Bride

 

 

Probably, we are meant ever since heaven.

 

I hope my instinct is true. He knows I'm not going anywhere and I know he's staying. It's an agreement we make every day apart from the wedding ceremony. I have realized that a ceremony marks the start of this life and when the next day happens, it's a choice both have to make. It's a choice to stay together because from the day we were married, we vow for us. Not for anyone, not even for our family. This is for Kris and me. We are our own family and we have rules to be made by just us.

 

I learn that there are so many sides to Kris. He's quiet when he's upset. He would tell me his reasons when he's trying to convince me about something I disagree with. When he's about to cry, he reads but I know his focus is elsewhere. We would argue sometimes but as times go by, we learn to accept each other and say our sorry's. A bad day today will be treated with a morning run the next day. And for me, sitting in the kitchen quietly will be enough to calm me down. We have earned each other's blessings to do things our own way and when something unexpected comes up, we try to seek the middle ground of it so it's fair for him and me.

I thought love is like the ones in the movies. I'm not wrong though. It's true but it differs in the timing. Movies are made to squeeze in every scene for two or three hours. In reality, it stretches wide that no one knows the ending. If movies take 2 or 3 hours to finish up the whole story, life takes 24 hours a day. Once 24 hours is done, you begin again the next day with the new 24 hours. Thus, you choose to live another day and continue what's being left off yesterday.

That's how we take care of this relationship. It's one day at a time. Plan if you could, learn from the past, and truly live presently. 

 

Right now, we are still here - just the two of us. We are not planning for any kids yet and we are not rushing to it. Kris is still busy as always. His schedules are unpredictable and sometimes he had to be away for a week. My work as an illustrator and web designing is flexible. I can work anytime as a freelancer and at the same time wait for him to come home. When he's at work, I am free to do what I want. Sometimes, I go to my parent's house and spend the whole day before going back after dinner. On days I finish my work early, I would go shopping by myself or hang out with my friends. Though it isn't my intention to have this lifestyle, our lives have been molded like this for now. Honestly, I believe I like it. Of course, we would have days when his work gets overwhelmed and it requires both of us to be as present as possible. Every day, every other 24 hours, we learn and pick up the lessons at the end of the day. If it's unfinished, we brought it tomorrow and try to deal with it that day. 

 

Kris believes in the concept of when there's a will, there's a way.

I believe in the idea of taking a day at a time. 

 

We make sure to figure things out within the hours we have but we don't rush it. Good things take time and Kris and I vow to do this together. It's what we agreed from the moment we realise we are married for this. It's not love that builds up. It's trust, forgiveness, honesty, and sincerity that holds the foundation of love. Well, it's endless.

 

Like I said, take one day at a time. Oh and Kris agrees too.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

*updated

finally, the ending. though this story takes a long time to finish up, im glad im here to pack this up. 

can you believe im in my mid twenties now? this fiction has been here since i graduated high school. i learn a lot about myself and it's still a journey i vow to continue every day.

how about you guys? *if theres any

EXO is part of my life as a teenager. their songs filled up my angst youth until i have grown out of it. i still love them. not passionately but dearly. i love them dearly now. 

i hope you too take a step forward every now and then. thank you if you're one of the early readers here. i want to say sorry for the late and wait and im absolutely thankful for those who finish this up.

regardless, please live on and expect good days as much as the bad ones. thats what makes a life. nothings all perfect but if it does, enjoy it.

 

thank you from the bottom of my heart and be happy.

:)