Chapter 3 - Happy Little Feelings

When Kris Chose His Bride

CHAPPY 3 : HAPPY LITTLE FEELINGS

 

 

 

Now, my parents and I are heading to the airport to send my aunt to Ghana. She is one of the volunteers who go there to give support and everyday supplies for the unlucky people. Dad drives the car and Mom sits at his side while my aunt and I sit at the back. I am quite envious of my aunt. She is still 28 years old but manage to take care of herself and her family.

Believe it or not, she has three daughters *the triplets*, my annoying cousins, and an adopted 8 years old son. Her children are young but each of them can take care of themselve well. I went to her house in Busan with my sisters last year since I had nothing to do in Seoul. The day we arrived, we were greeted warmly by their family. That night, I heard giggles at a room with a pink door, which I assumed as the girls' room. I opened the door slowly and peeked through the small hole. There, I saw the triplets and my aunt's adopted son. They were helping their mother to fold the laundry. If I am not mistaken, the triplets were just 5 years old and the boy was just 7. At that age, they already know how to do chores and stuffs. Well, it is not that I don't know how but most of the jobs are done by my sisters and Mom. I am the youngest, so I spend most of my times to draw and paint.

They amaze me and make me feel insecure at the same time. But what will happen to me when I get married? 

I keep my mouth shut during the whole destination. My aunt, Mom and Dad are talking a lot of things, from politics to an unknown grandmother who lives near my aunt's house. I am not in the mood to join and it seems to be the marriage thingy keeps me confused until now.

"Hana, why are so quiet?" I turn my head to face my aunt and just smile. Awkwardly, I turn back to face the window.

Always the same questions.

"Pilsuk-ah, Hana doesn't talk a lot," Mom states it as if it is a matter of fact to my aunt.

"Hmmm. Well then. Oh, unnie! How's the marriage preparation going?" My ears perk up and I fake a cough.

"Nothing is ready yet but Kris bought a ring recently. So now, we're just waiting for Hana to accept him,"  My aunt swiftly turns to me and grabs my right hand.

"You didn't accept him yet? It's been months Hana and he is so handsome. You are lucky, do you know that?"

Okay, someone is starting to become a gossip girl. Not my type.

I heave a sigh and my lips form a straight line. Gently, I pull my hand away from her grab and sit awkwardly in the car. At the corner of my eyes, I notice how my aunt looks at me and smile sweetly.

"Aigoo, my niece is now a woman and she is getting married," she wipes an imaginary tear with her thumb and looks at the window at her side. It is silence for  a few minutes when suddenly, my aunt starts to talk about wedding cake, Vera Wang wedding dresses she loves, her lost wedding band and all sort of things involving marriage. I just hope she does not say anything about hon-

"And of course honeymoon! Aww, how I miss those days. And night. Kekeke,"

Crap, this is going to be a long journey.

 

After the 'long' journey, we arrive at the airport safely. My parents and I accompany my aunt to check in her luggages and when we are done, we send her to the depature area. My parents are still chatting with my aunt before she goes inside. My eyes wander around the huge spaces in the airport and look at other people around me. After a few minutes, my aunt goes in and waves at us.

"Convey my regards to my new nephew, Hana!" With that, she disappears into the small crowd.

Nephew? Ah, Kris. Shish, of course she remembers him.

Right after we send her, we decide to have our lunch at McDonald's since Dad is hungry that he could even eat a whale. Well, he says himself. Mom orders five burger sets and buys a vanilla cone for herself.

"Okay, here you go. Two sets for Dad, one for me, one for you," Mom diligently gives the sets to Dad and I. Then, she takes her sit beside Dad and her favourite ice-cream cone. Dad is quiet since he is pigging out his burger and I slowly munch my late lunch. After I finish the guilty pleasure meal, I realise the untouched paper bag on the table. I peek the content and there is a burger and fries.

Dad must have been so hungry.

"Sorry, I'm late," 

That voice. No way.....

"Oh hi Kris! It's okay. Come and have a seat. Here's your burger~" Mom squeals and grab the paper bag.

"How's flight?" Dad asks.

Oh, his uniform.

"Tiring. I just came back from Perth. It was a long flight," Kris says and takes the seat beside me. He takes off his blazer and hat, placing it on his lap.

"Aigoo, Hana, what are you doing? Take the blazer and hat from Kris and hold it for him!" Dad eyes me.

I just know that he is a pilot and now I have to hold his blazer? Can someone lend some time so I can adapt with this surprises?

I groan mentally and take the blazer and the hat from him. He smiles at me and I just smile back. Kris takes out his burger and eats it while chatting with my parents. I keep quiet the whole time, like always, and swipe some dust  on his blazer with the back of my hand. Then, my hand hit a bulge in one of the pockets and I uncousciously pull out the content.

A red velvet box.

I do not know why but my hands eagerly open the box without shame and my eyes are greeted by a sparkling diamond ring. But there is another empty space beside the ring.

"Oh you found it. It's yours. I bought it for us. Look, I wear mine," Kris shows his huge left hand and his lips curve into a smile.

"Try it Hana!" Mom suggests. I look back at Kris and shook lightly.

"No, Kris. I think-"

"Just wear it. It's not like you are going to reject me," And he smiles sheepishly.

Ahhh, so he knows my decision. 

I pull out the ring and slide it into my ring finger. It fits perfectly and I unknowingly smile. My fingers are quite chubby so I am amazed that he could find the right size. Beautiful is all I could say.

"Hey Kris,"

"Hmmm?"

"Thanks,"

Our eyes are locked to each other.

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

updated!

I forgot to tell you that, this is going to be a short story. so it is going to end soon!

it is going to be a simple story~

well, whatever it is, dont stop commenting and please subscribe!

bbuing bbuing~