Chapter 1 - A Short Drama

When Kris Chose His Bride


CHAPPY 1:A SHORT DRAMA

 

Oh my gosh.

 

There is a hot guy in my house and I don't know what to do.

I just come home from my friend's house to exchange novels and manga. A soon as I arrived home just now, I noticed the unfamiliar car parked in front of my house and my brain automatically sent the 'danger' alarm all over my body. *what I mean is goosebumps*

Since a child, I was scared of strangers. I avoid them as much as I can and ignore them even though they try to have a small talk with me. It is the same when my mom's friends come to our house or my dad's business partners are invited to have some coffee together. I don't have the guts to appear in front of them, so I just stay in my room until they are gone. But this time, I just can't run away and know that I have to greet them.

Seriously, I am not good with greetings. The best one is the forced smile.

Everything goes silent when I step a foot inside my house. Since the main door goes directly to the living room, the guests immediately notice my presence and my hazelnut-shaped eyes scan their faces. My face feels kind of hot right now.

Brain, copy and paste this scenario and save it in 'My Embarassing Moment that I Wish to Die right now' file. Delete it if desire, which I recommend it STRONGLY.

Without second thoughts, I just smile and they smile back. They are three people, an old man, whom I think it is my father's friend, an old woman, the old man's wife and a young guy, maybe their only 'bundle of joy'. The young guy is quite handsome but he looks way older than me.

"Hana, say hi to Mr. Wu," Dad gestures his hand to the old man.

He eyes me from top to bottom and flashes a sincere smile.

"And this is his wife, Mrs. Wu and their son, Kris," 

I smile awkwardly and bow at them. Just then, my mom appears from the kitchen with a tray full of foods and drinks. She walks past me, towards the coffee table.

"This is Hana, if you are wondering," Mom introduces me while placing the tray carefully on the coffee table.

I smile and bow again when they look at me becuase I plan to run away from the scene before my mom will........

"Hana, what are you doing? Come here and befriend Kris!"

I turn around and run away to my bedroom.

divider2.png

 

 

The night arrives and the house is back to how it is suppose to be. No guest. Only Mom, Dad and I. My sisters and brother are not home since they are studying in Japan. I eavesdropped my parent's conversation last week, saying that my sisters and brother are going to be home in three weeks. The weird thing is that summer vacation is in the next few months, so why do they have to come home?

"How's the lotus rice, dear?" Mom asks.

"It is super delicious, mom. You should make it often. Right, dad?" I answer in delight while looking at my parents. Dad nods his head and smiles. He looks quite sad to me.

"Well then, I can teach you how to make some tomorrow. And spicy seafood stew too!" she squeals happily. I smile back and sip a spoonful of kimchi stew. Mom is quite happy today but Dad is looking down.

Hmmm, I wonder why.

"Hana,  do you have a boyfriend?" Mom asks with her eyes glow with curiosity. I put down the spoon and use the chopstick to pick up a piece of grilled meat.

"No, mom. What's with the sudden question?" I ask back and chew the meat slowly. I notice at the corner of my eyes on how Dad's eyes are looking at me when I answered Mom's question just now. Something is fishy. I just know it.

"Well then, we have something to tell," Mom eyes Dad and he furrows his forehead, his habit when he is telling something important.

"Kris asked for our approval to marry you just now," 

I can only stare into Dad's eyes and then into Mom's. My brain shuts off. I am speechless. It feels weird. 

"Urm, I'm not ready,"

, you can just say no, Hana! Just say NO!

"Well, Kris is a nice young man. I like him. Dad likes him and I think you are going to love him," says Mom in glee. She is trying to convince me. It is rare for her to do so. She never convince anything from me, from my siblings. Mom always supports us at any circumstances.

"Yeah, I have known Mr. Wu's family for a long time. For your information, Kris IS ready. I just know it. I know that he can make you realise that you are ready too," 

He is dead serious when he says that to me. It makes me feel guilty but at the same time, I feel burden. Marriage is not a child's play.

"I......I tell you my thoughts later. Before going to bed," With that, I take my unfinished meal and bring them to the sink. 

"Oh wait darling. Your cousin called just now and she invited us to her daughter's birthday party in the next three weeks,"

Whatever, Mom. I just don't feel happy right now.

divider2.png

 

The next three weeks....

 

Today is my cousin's daughter's birthday and they are having a small party at their house. Since she is turning 1, my cousin is a bit overexcited about the event and ends up inviting all of our families. Thank goodness her husband only invites his parents or their house would be pack with people like a can of sardines. 

I am quite a quiet girl. I just talk when they ask me some random questions which I thinkt it is a bit awkward for me but I answer anyway. They joke a lot but I just smile, so they decide to shut up and left me alone. I think they realise that I was born to be a party pooper.

My parents keep urging me to join the conversation with my cousins. I want to but they are just too friendly that they creep the hell out of me. Even my sisters and brother are having an enjoyable time. So, I think it would be nice to sit on the kitchen's stool and just.......look around. It was nice. No people, no kids, no annoying cousins. Just me and silence.

It is a peaceful 10 minutes when..........

All of a sudden, my body gives me goosebumps. I stop twirling the empty glass and stand up from my sit. I straighten my dress and slowly make my way to the sink to put the empty glass. Then, I tiptoe towards the dining room, which connects the kitchen and the living room where all the commotion is happening. I hear everyone's voices from there. 

The atmosphere is different. I just know there are other people who was not my family.

This is a family occasion. So, they are supposed to be only family MEMBERS, no strangers.

Curiosity kills me. I tiptoe nearer to the door that is wide open, revealing the content of the living room from my view. I do not see the guest so I hide behind the door, peeking at the people inside. Then, my eyes catch the sight of the 'special' guest and his parents. They annoy me immediately and I sigh heavily. It has been three weeks since I last saw him.

Before I could even ran away from my hiding place, my dad notices me and gestures for me to come in. I shook lightly and have this ridiculous plan to run away and went home by myself, which I know it would not happen at all. Before I can even take a step away, my cousins playfully tease me and look at me in a playful manner. I can feel my face is burning up with embarrassment. The 'special' guest notices me too and when I look at him, his lips form a straight line. Of course, I cannot look at his eyes and I just knew that he was shy too.

"Hey Hana, don't be shy. He's your future man!" Ara, one of my cousins teases and all of them giggle.

Shishh, no way. They all know about the proposal thingy!

And I just keep quiet the whole time and answer every questions like a robot. The 'special' guest is quite talkative and I sense that everyone loves him. I even notice some of my cousins who is the same age as me, are admiring him. Sometimes, he gazes at me while talking or cracking a joke  to see whether I respond or not. Well, I just give him the cold shoulder. That is how I react to strangers.

That's how I roll, baby.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Oh wait, you know who's the 'special' guest. Since you do, I don't need to tell, right?

it's pretty lame right? but wait for the next chappy!

comment and subscribe!

I love youuuuuuu~

bbuing bbuing~