Bribery

Tempted

Jonghyun stood there in shocked silence.
He couldn’t believe Taemin just basically tried to blackmail him into sleeping with him. Was this kid desperate or what?
“Taemin…why?”
The boy in question shook his head, eyes glued to the table. “You wouldn’t understand Hyung. My reason would sound creepy and you’d just think I’m some kind of psycho.”
I already do…. Jonghyun narrowed his eyes, walking closer to the annoying boy. “Try me.”
He took a deep breath, before blurting it out. “I’m doing this for us!”
“Wha-“Jonghyun tilted his head in a jumble of confusion. 
“I’m doing this because we’re soul mates. I don’t belong with Minho and you don’t belong with Key. Can’t you see? Us meeting wasn’t a coincidence hyung. The universe is pushing us together and if you keep denying us, it’ll get upset and cause worldwide havoc!”
The elder’s mouth fell open a split second before he abruptly turned around again.  “That’s it, I’m going home. I don’t have time to waste talking nonsense with you.”
“No, wait!”

“No, stay away from me you little creep.” Jonghyun stepped away from the exit, heading for the counter to pay the bill.
“Jonghyun, I love you so much! Why do you keep rejecting me?” Taemin screamed at the top of his lungs. Jonghyun was intent on ignoring him, but unfortunately, he and Taemin had successfully garnered an audience with their shouting. The woman behind the counter scoffed at Jonghyun. “How could you be so mean to that little sweetheart? What’re you made of, stone?”
The other women in the café began nodding along, throwing their own insults to the shorter male. “It’s not what it looks like.” He tried to explain. “He’s been following me for days and I-“
“Well of course he’s been following you for days.” A teenage girl stood up, wrapping her arms around Taemin’s thin frame. “It’s because he’s trying to show you how much he loves you by being persistent with his love. If you keep ignoring him, he’s just no choice but to follow you. You’re a terrible person to ignore such an angel.”
“An angel?!” Jonghyun couldn’t help but gasp out. How dare Taemin turn the whole café against him? “That kid’s no more an angel than I am. I hate him!”
A collective gasp when through the female portion of the crowd, while the males all settled with glaring at Jonghyun. As the female swept him into a hug, Jonghyun thought he saw something glint into Taemin’s slightly watering eyes. Something evil, possibly even sinister.
‘What the-?’
Apparently, the rest of the females behind him saw it to, because they all became quiet, save for a few of them and the one holding Taemin. Jonghyun decided to get out before something bad happened.
“I’m out of here.” Tossing the money on to the counter, Jonghyun stormed out, the hateful shouts following him outside.
As he walked down the street, buttoning his shirt in a rage, Taemin’s shout could be heard right behind him.
“Jonghyun! Hyung, wait up!”
Said boy growled, willing himself not to lash out at the kid in anger.
Taemin caught up to him, grabbing his arm to slow him down. “Look at me Hyung.” He pulled Jonghyun’s hand and rested it on his cheek. “I love you hyung. I’m doing this because I love you and we need to be together for me to be happy.”
“But what about me?!” Jonghyun nearly screamed, ripping his hand out of Taemin’s reach. “What about my happiness? Don’t you care about me at all?”
“Of course hyung, I love you! I want you to be happ-“
“I am happy!” He screamed, garnering the attention of several people on the street. “Why can’t you see that kid, huh? I love Key and he loves me! We’re happy together, Minho is happy with you, why do you have to make us all miserable?!”
“Hyung,” Taemin croaked, tears slowly trickling down his cheeks, “Hyung, you’re not listening to what I’m saying. I’m only doing this because I love you.”
“No Taemin, you’re not listening to me. I said that I don’t love you. I love Key. You trying to blackmail me isn’t going to work. I don’t fear you, not one bit, you hear me? Not one bit!”
A sudden spark ignited in Taemin’s eyes at the elder’s words. “Fine, have it your way. You will meet me tomorrow night at my place to have with me. If not, I’m paying a call to your mom, and I’m not afraid of telling her everything.”
“You wouldn’t.”
“Try me.” Taemin smirked, mimicking his hyung’s words from earlier. “If I can’t have you, neither can Key.”
Jonghyun narrowed his eyes, taking threatening steps towards the taller child. “You’re heartless Taemin.”
“Only when it comes to sharing you hyung.” A smile appeared on his face, a drastic change from his murderous expression just seconds before. “Now that that’s settled, I should be getting home. Minho might be missing me.”
“Wha-“
“Bye hyung. See you tomorrow night!” The kid skipped away before Jonghyun could get out another word.

~Jonghyun~
“Key! I’m home!” Jonghyun closed the door behind him with a weary sigh, slipping his shoes off before walking into the kitchen, where his boyfriend was hovering over the stove, donned in a frilly pink apron.
“Hey babe!” Key approached him, planting a big kiss on his lips. “You look exhausted, are you alright?”
“I’m fine,” he replied, sinking into a chair, “that piano lesson was one of the worst I’ve ever taught.”
“Omo, I’m sure Taemin wasn’t that bad, right?”
“It’s not that he was bad Key, it was just that he kept talking nonsense and I was getting tired of hearing his voice. Gosh, that kid needs to come with a warning label.”
Key giggled lightly before handing him a plate of steaming rice and vegetables. “Eat your lunch Jonggie.”
Jonghyun wasted no time eating his food. In his mind, Key was the world’s greatest chef. In the midst of his eating, he looked up and caught Key staring at him with loving eyes. “What?” he inquired around a mouthful of rice. 
“Nothing, just admiring you.”
“Key,” Jonghyun whined, pushing his empty plate to the middle of the table, “tell me what you’re thinking.”
“It’s nothing.” Key smiled softly, a rare sight for the always smirking male. “I was just wondering how I got lucky enough to have you. You’re one of the most beautiful creatures in the world and you’re all mine. I’ll never have to share you with anyone.”
Thud
Jonghyun’s heart skipped a few beats. If he didn’t listen to Taemin, he and Key would have no future. But if he did, and Key found out, he’d never see him again. Why was the world out to get him?
“Jonggie?” Key’s soft voice snapped him out of his reverie. “Are you alright baby?”
“Yeah, I’m good. Why don’t you go get dressed? I wanna take you out on a date.”
Key’s eyes brightened at the thought of getting dressed. “Really? Can we go shopping? And a dinner and a movie later?”
He chuckled, standing up to put his plate in the sink. “Of course, anything you want. My treat, I promise.”
Key squealed in excitement before rushing upstairs, shouting an ‘I love you’ before locking himself in his room.
Jonghyun sighed. Key was the brightest light in his life. He couldn’t hurt him by letting him know what he was getting ready to do with Taemin.
Don’t worry Key, I’ll protect you from getting hurt. I’ll be your knight.



Hi guys! Emma here. I cannot apologize enough for not updating sooner. I just started my first year of college and I was busy, and then my laptop broke and then I couldn’t find time to write, and yada yada yada. I know, lame excuses, but I can’t thank you all enough for being supportive of us and our stories.
I’d also like to use this time to mention Ladies Code Rise and EunBi. May they rest in peace.
Leave your comments and thoughts below and don’t forget to subscribe if you haven’t already. Talk to you guys later!!! And thank you!

P.S. did anyone check out Super Junior’s Comeback? The kings have returned!
~Emma