Slightly Mistaken

Tempted

“… then he asked me where I worked, and when he heard I was a freelance fashion designer, he immediately hired me! Lucky, right?” Zhou Mi chuckled as he patiently ate his dinner, sharing one of his many tales with the group around the table.

Jonghyun sighed. It had been nearly an hour since his boyfriend’s cousin had arrived, and the group hadn’t taken their eyes off of him since. It kind of made him frustrated to know that his boyfriend was completely ignoring him in favor of his cousin.

The dinosaur boy looked at Zhou Mi, who was grinning as he described the outfit he was designing at work. The male was tall, very tall, and several years older than himself. Like Key, he had red hair, although his was cut shorter and looked just a tad bit shinier. Also like Zhou Mi held himself in such a proper manner that Jonghyun was starting to feel like a peasant eating in front of a king. 

Unconsciously, he frowned at how perfect the Chinese man was. What a little show off, Jonghyun thought to himself. No one wants to hear your tales of success, you little-

“So, what about you?”

Jonghyun snapped out of his thoughts, warily eyeing the grinning man. “What about me?”

“Weren’t you listening to me?” Zhou Mi inquired.

Jonghyun sank in his seat, realizing everyone’s eyes were on him. “Um, sorry, I kinda zoned out for a second.”

“How rude!” His mother reprimanded. Scoffing, she turned back to the fashion star and gave him a bright smile. “Excuse him; my son has never had a wide attention span. I’m afraid it’s one of his many faults.”

Mother! Jonghyun sulked, pushing his food around his plate. Why was he never good enough for his mother? Why couldn’t she be happy with him the way he was?

“Anyway, Zhou Mi, was it? You seem like an extremely successful man. Do you have a girlfriend?”

Oh no! Jonghyun panicked. If his mother figured out Zhou Mi was gay, she’d go off and never let the Chinese man within 50 feet of her. Hopefully, Zhou Mi’s not stupid enough to tell her the truth.

“Actually,” the Chinese man laughed, and Jonghyun felt his hopes wither away, “I’m not really into girls. I’m gay, you see.”

The room was deadly silent as Mrs. Kim digested the new information. Jonghyun fiddled with his fork nervously watching for any sort of reaction. “Mom…. Are you alright?”

A few seconds of silence, then “Of course darling. I see nothing wrong with him being gay.”

His jaw dropped to the ground, as did Key’s. Immediately, Key stood up, tugging on Jonghyun’s wrist. “I have to use the restroom. Jonghyun will show me where it is, no need to get up Taemin,” Key informed the child, who was already halfway out of his seat. “We’ll be right back.”

Jonghyun allowed his boyfriend to drag him upstairs, not even protesting when he locked them in the bathroom together. “Key, what-“

He was harshly cut off when Key smashed their lips together. Giving in, he forced his way into his boyfriend’s mouth, sliding his tongue around to explore Key’s warm cavern. 

After what seemed like hours later, Key pulled away with a happy grin. “Jonggie, your mother is alright with gay people! Do you know what this means?”

Jonghyun drew a blank. “Umm, that she’s alright with gay people?”

“No you idiot! It means that she’ll be alright with us! As a couple!” Key wrapped his arms around him, nearly vibrating in excitement. “We won’t have to hide from her anymore! She’ll allow me to attend all your family functions and no one will ever break us apart. We could come out to your whole family!”

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, What? Jonghyun pushed his boyfriend away, his face twisted in disgust. Key frowned, his hands hanging awkwardly in the air. “Jonggie? What’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? WHAT’S WRONG!?” Jonghyun made sure to yell in a whisper.

“Why’re you yelling? What’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me? What the hell’s wrong with you?! You’re talking all this about us coming out to my family! Are you an idiot!? My mom will never accept us! Never!”

“But baby, she just said-“

“She just said that she was alright with Zhou Mi being gay, I’m not Zhou Mi! If my mom knew I was gay, she’d lock me up and slaughter you, get it? I’m her only child, her only heir, I can’t be gay! We can’t come out, it can’t happen!”

Key was silent for a moment. “Babe, are you sure you’re saying this because it’s true? Or do you just not love me enough to go against your mother for me?”

“Key-“

“Do you not love me anymore?” A tear slipped down his cheek, his lower lip wobbling slightly. “Am I not worth it anymore? You used to say you’d do anything for me. Why can’t you do this for me? Don’t you still love me?”

Jonghyun felt his heart melt as his boyfriend continued to shed tears. Maybe he was a bit harsh toward his lover. “Aww, Key, that’s not what I meant.”

“Then what? What did you mean when you said I’m not worth fighting for?”

“You are worth fighting…. Just not against my mother. Please, understand me. If my mother disowns me, I won’t have anything to offer you when we get married.”

That grabbed Key’s attention. The red headed male stared at his boyfriend, watery eyes widened in wonder. “M-married? We’re getting married?”

“Of course Key. I love you, right? As soon as I turn 25 and my inheritance is passed over, we’ll go somewhere else and get married legally. Then we’ll come back here, tell everyone, and live happily ever after. You want that, right?”

Key nodded, allowing his boyfriend to wipe away his tears. “Yes, of course.”

“Good.” Jonghyun stepped back, moving towards the door. “Why don’t you clean yourself up while I go back? Everyone’s probably wondering where we are.”

“Alright.” He heard his boyfriend’s wavering voice before he stepped out, closing the door behind him. What a relief. That could have been a big disaster. He glanced around, and nearly jumped out of his skin when he spotted Taemin not even two feet away. “The ? Where the hell did you come from?”

“I was looking for you.” The boy said sweetly, stepping even closer. “Was that Key in the bathroom with you?”

Jonghyun glared. “Yes, it was, now go away. I don’t want him to see you when he comes out.”

“Why? Are you afraid he’ll figure out that you’re ing me behind his back?”

“I’m not ing you kid, and I’d never cheat on him. I love him too much.”

Jonghyun could have sworn he saw a flash of pain go through Taemin’s eyes before the boy shrugged. “Keep thinking that. You’ll have to come back to me eventually.”

“Go away, you little-“

The bathroom door opened before Jonghyun could finish his sentence. Key stepped out, raising an eyebrow at Taemin’s presence. “Oh, what’re you doing here Taemin?”

“Nothing hyung.” Taemin flashed an innocent smile, “I was just keeping him company. The hallway can get awfully lonely you know.”

Key hesitated, wrapping an arm around Jonghyun’s. “I guess.” He turned back to his boyfriend, planting a kiss on his cheek, noting Taemin’s smile fall. “Come on Jagiya, let’s go back to the table.”

The two walked past the frozen boy and joined the rest at the table, where Zhou Mi was telling the story of how he built his company from the ground up.

Taemin joined them minutes later, carrying a tray of cupcakes and cookies for dessert. However, before the boy passed him one, he gave him a mischievous wink, which Key noticed as well. He held Jonghyun’s hand under the table, squeezing it lightly while glaring at the little boy. Taemin happily sent back his own playful glare, clinging on to an oblivious Minho.

Jonghyun sighed. It was going to be a long dinner. He hoped Key didn’t trust him around Taemin, so that he wouldn’t have to tutor the boy in his piano lessons. Speaking of which…

“Jonghyun’s such a dear Mrs. Kim. He actually offered to help me with my piano skills.” Taemin blabbed to his mother.

“Ah, that’s nice of him. The piano is actually one of the only things he’s excelled at. He’d be a great teacher.”

“I think so too.” Taemin gave him a bright smile, maybe a bit too bright, because Key tightened his grip on his hand. “I look forward to working with you on Wednesdays and Saturdays hyung. I hope we’ll have lots of fun tomorrow.”

Please God, save me from this stupid kid. Amen.



Annyeong everyone, it’s Emma! It’s been a while, hasn’t it? I apologize, but I had to complete my finals and graduate before my parents granted me back my laptop. But thankfully, I graduated on Friday, as the 12th grade valedictorian might I add (I actually beat my older brother, who’s in the same grade. We’re not twins, I just skipped a grade), and my parents are extremely proud. You all can friend me on Facebook if you wish, or if you live in the US, message me and I’ll give you all my number. I really missed everyone and I’m thankful to our 39 subscribers and 6 upvotes. I couldn’t be happier. Don’t forget to leave a comment.

~Emma Karazuki




Hey it's NSG. Long time no type, right? I hope this chapter wasn't a disappointment to you. I liked it very much. The next chapter however will be up as soon as I can type it and edit and show it to Co-Authornim.. As far as I know, it'll also be Taemin's crazy P.O.V, so good luck with that!  Thank you for all your support, the commenters have me cracking up! And for the subscribers, hell even the viewers, thank you for taking the time to read this story. *Bows 90 Degrees* 

See ya' later!