The karma

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Jongin entered the school's sports center building he saw Yongguk nonchalantly lying against the wall.

“Hi there”

“Hey” he answered and looked around “I don’t have much time so…”

“Easy” Yongguk raised his hands defensively “It won’t take long”

“So, what is it about?” Jongin crossed his arms, still looking around to make sure that no one could hear them. Deep inside he knew exactly what Yongguk wanted to tell him.

“I think Jiyong-ah already made it clear who sent him here” he spoke, his face serious. Jongin gulped but nodded. Yongguk crossed his arms, closed his eyes and continued.

“I want you to understand the situation. Zico is only making money of the fights, nothing more, he’s not a gangster”

“And what is it about Kwon Jiyong?”

Yongguk sighed.

“Jiyong is a good guy but somehow twisted...Especially when he fights. He enjoys it just like Zico. He is one of Choi Seunghyun’s combatants but he was in Tokyo for the last 3 years and there he fought. We met him 2 years ago”

“So you, Chaerin, Himchan and Yukwon are also involved?” Jongin’s eyed widened.

“Of course” Yongguk smiled bitterly “Once you’re in you’ll be never out”

Jongin gulped again.

“And what are you doing there exactly?”

“We were supporting Zico all this time, that’s basically it. We are also the part of the public that watch the matches. Keep this in mind – we are not the criminals or a part of the gang. This situation is not that complicated, you know. It’s like drinking when you’re underage – it’s illegal but not really risky or harmful” Yongguk said firmly and then looked around as well “As for Jiyong…He’s here to help us keep it in the closed circle and mostly, to help you. I’m guessing Choi Seunghyun will also make him fight but we will see about that…”

“So” Jongin’s head perked “Jiyong’s a boxer too?”

“Kick-boxer” Yongguk corrected “He has so-called gold fists, whatever that means. I never saw him fighting but he’s Zico’s role model so there has to be something about him. And yeah, he will be in your martial arts class” .

Jongin nodded.

“Why is he fighting? Because he’s nuts, like Zico?”

Yongguk laughed at Jongin’s question but it was still genuine.

“No, don’t worry, he’s not Zico-nuts” Yongguk winked “I would say he has some philosophy”

“What about his sister?”

“Dara?” Yongguk raised his eyebrow “She was there for Jiyong in Tokyo like we were for Zico here... They are close like the real siblings because their parents got married when they were both 3 or something. She’s a sweet girl really, she’s not acting or anything. You can sleep peacefully without worrying about Luhan or that flower-boy who’s trying to be Kris 2”.

“You saw that as well?” Jongin couldn’t help it as his face broke into a big grin.

Yongguk laughed again.

“Of course I did” suddenly he became serious again “I gotta go, Chaerin’s waiting. Jiyong will be there to instruct you so just let him. As for you let’s go for a beer on Friday so we will tell you more” Yongguk winked and soon after that he was gone.

 

Jongin changed as fast as he could since he was already few minutes late. He hurried from the dressing room while shoving past some big group of people. He was new but he was sure it was the first time he saw them. They also looked too odd for martial arts classes with their colorful, fancy clothes.

“Whoa!” suddenly he heard a voice “Kim Jongin! The boxing champion!”

Jongin stopped on his way and turned to face the group. There was a boy standing in front of them. He was probably taller than Chanyeol and his somewhat adorable face was grinning widely.

“I’m your big fan sunbaenim” the boy bowed “I know it’s kind of strange but can I take a selca with you?”

“Umm…” Jongin scratched his nape and looked around - he was too late “Sure, no problem”

The boy smiled even wider and stepped forward to stand beside Jongin.

“My name is Zelo” he bowed again “Thank you for your time”

“No problem” Jongin smiled and looked up at him “You’re super tall…Are you training taekwondo?”

“Oh, no” Zelo shook his head “We are not in martial arts class. Me and the whole group are in dancing class, junior year”

Now Jongin understood perfectly why they were so out of place.

“What are you doing here then?” Jongin asked genuinely “Dancing is also here, at the sports center?”

“No, sunbaenim” Zelo shook his head again and was about to continue when another voice was heard.

 

“Kim Jongin?!”

 

Jongin’s head turned again to face the group when he saw a small, short-haired girl making her way to the front. His eyes widened.

“Mingkki?!”

The girl smiled and rushed to hug him.

“Oh God, Gong Minji, what are you doing here?!” he grinned widely while hugging her back, lifting and spinning around.

“What am I doing here?” she laughed “What are you doing here? Your Facebook still says that you are in States!”

Finally they stopped and broke the embrace.

“I haven’t logged on Facebook since I got here” Jongin answered “I’m here to take the martial arts class for the last year and pass exams normally” he looked down at her “Wow, look at you. You surely matured!”

Jongin really could not contain his happiness right now, as here she was standing - Gong Minji, his childhood friend.

They were neighbors for over 14 years until Jongin got a boxing contract in Los Angeles. They had contact but limited only to Facebook likes and following each other on Instagram. On the other hand Gong Minji looked definitely better than on the selcas she was posting online. Jongin smiled again without any particular reason. He was just happy she is here.

Suddenly the memories occupied his mind – how they played the arcade games together, discovered skateboards, drank their first beer and how stupid her dog was. Another thing hit Jongin as Minji was his first puppy love. She, as the closest girl-friend he has, was there when Jongin hit puberty and stopped seeing girls as boys who can somehow wear dresses. They were never together and nothing ever happened between them. Thus it does not change the fact that Jongin noticed changes in his thinking and his body - or rather the way it could react - because of her. He wanted to giggle because of that memory and because it was still heartwarming to see her here.                                                                                                                                                     

“So” Jongin looked at her again, the smile still visible on his face “You are in dancing class? Congratulations! You made your dream come true!”

“Look who’s talking” Minji smirked and crossed her arms “Mister boxing champion”

“But seriously, what are you guys doing here?” Jongin looked at Zelo boy again, but he heard Minji instead.

“Somebody sprayed a graffiti in our practice room” she sighed “Most likely Kim Yukwon as the graffiti says the lyrics of his band’s songs…There is a renovation going on so before it’s ready we will be using one of the gyms here at the sports center”

“Gym, cool…” Jongin smiled again and nodded his head. Suddenly his eyes widened “, my training!” with that he rushed to the end of the corridor “See you later Mingkki!”

“I’ll make sure!” she shouted after him.

Finally Jongin stepped inside one of the training rooms where his classmates were already gathered.

What surprised him was that trainer Choi did not reprimanded him as he was certainly focused on something.

“What’s going on?” Jongin whispered to one of his classmates. He did not remember his name. The guy only pointed at the center of the room.

“Take a look…The newest Kid”

Jongin’s eyes widened again. Of course, Kwon Jiyong.

He stepped forward and paled.

There was Kwon Jiyong, his small, tattooed body lying on the floor. There was also Huang Zitao, his tall figure above. The view was more than familiar for Jongin as he recalled the situation with Kyungsoo and Zico from yesterday.

Jongin looked at Mr. Choi who seemed to be hypnotized by the exercises in front of his eyes. But for Jongin it was far from that – it was an execution. Suddenly Jiyong was back on his slim legs, wiping the blood from the corner of his lips.

The next thing left Jongin absolutely speechless - Kwon Jiyong started to laugh.

“Is that all?” he asked, raising his thick eyebrow at Tao. The other boy just smirked and the situation repeated again, for about 10 times. Each time Jiyong received a solid punch and/or kick, fell on the ground, got up and managed to provoke Tao even more. His fragile body looked worse by each second but he was still standing, his eyes sparkling with something strange.

“You are strong, I giv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter