The accident

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was already changing into his training clothes, as the lunch break has come to an end and he was about to start his first martial arts class in the St. John’s High-School.

According to Jongin’s schedule he will soon start his 3 hours training. And the plan was the same for every day.

He was so busy reading the paper sheet in his hand that he did not notice someone coming and opening the locker next to him.

His head perked after he saw a dash of blue in the corner of his eye.

 

And there he was, Woo “Zico” Jiho, putting all of his belongings in the locker next to Jongin’s. Finally he looked up and eyed him with some strange excitement.

“Hi there, new kid” he grinned widely “It’s nice to have you here, I’m your big fan! My name is Jiho but call me Zico”

Jongin only blinked and hardly stopped himself from letting his jaw drop. He already made some mental notes about Zico, based on everything his new cafeteria friends have told him - but now it just seemed irrelevant.

Finally Jongin smiled back and bowed lightly.

“So, New Kid” Zico put his arm around Jongin’s shoulder and dragged him to the exit “Since you’re new, duh, I’ll show you around a bit. What I can say as the warm welcome is…beware of Tao! This dude is sick! ing Kung-Fu Panda, let me tell you…”

 

Jongin smiled again after hearing the blue-haired boy’s loud laughter and simply decided that probably only Luhan was right back in the cafeteria.

Zico and his crew couldn’t be that bad.  

 

 

ONE HARD? TRAINING LATER

 

 

The first training went too smoothly and easily even for Jongin’s lazy liking - but he decided to ignore it as the first day in school is always awkward.

The trainer, Choi Siwon, was a really strange man but that made Jongin like him right away. On the other hand Zico warned him that Choi Siwon is transforming into a pain in the when the final exams (or rather tournaments) are coming. Jongin could only wait.

Today he was paired with Huang Zitao, who happened to be the TAO guy Zico told him about in the dressing room. It was true that the Chinese master of wushu and kung-fu was truly passionate and Jongin actually had a good training by blocking his impressive high-kicks.

Zico, on the other hand, never left Jongin’s side, telling him this and that about their current classmates. When the training was over Zico rushed to the dressing room and ran back to the main building, saying something about English essay he had to prepare during summer break. Jongin could only guess that Zico never wrote it.

Now he was heading back to the main building himself, ready for the last class today – maths. He was back in his basic schedule, together with Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.

Just when he stepped inside the main hall he heard the yelling. And the voice was yelling his name.

He turned in the direction of the scream and saw Baekhyun running to him.

“Jongin-sshi! The roof!” he cried again, stopping in front of Jongin and resting his hands on his knees, panting hard

“The roof. Kyungsoo. Fight”

Jongin didn’t need any more information as he sprinted to the stairs in almost supersonic speed. He reached the roof easier than he thought since the big group of students were gathered around the entrance, trying their best to get there.

Jongin on the other hand, shoved past them easily and stopped almost in the center of the circle.

 

He felt like his world stopped.

 

There was Kyungsoo, lying on the floor and , blood coming from his nose. But that was not the worst.

Zico stood above his small figure, yelling loudly. It was more than sure he was the cause of Kyungsoo’s state.

 

“I told you to write that essay, you ing loser! Now my whole semester is ruined!” Zico roared and kicked Kyungsoo in the ribs. The other boy was now on his back. His face was frowning but he was far away from crying.

Finally Kyungsoo managed to open his eyes and face Zico.

“You don’t tell people to do something! You can ASK them!”.

Zico laughed maniacally and kicked him again.

Jongin looked around in terror and he could not believe that nobody was reacting in a different way than cheering for the fight.

Were they out of their minds?

He looked around once again, more carefully. He spotted Zico’s bandmates, Himchan and Yukwon. They were more than excited, clapping loudly and chanting their friend’s name.

He also saw Kris, who was just standing there with crossed arms.

Finally the other doors to the roof flung open, revealing the newest person in the scene.

It was Chanyeol.

 

“What the ?!” he snarled, looking around in pure shock and panic. Suddenly his figure was not that visible as Himchan stood in front of him.

“What’s up, Lover Boy?” he smirked. Chanyeol’s eyes widened and soon after that he frowned, pushing him aside.

Himchan only laughed and started again.

“ off Yoda, you’re ruining the view!”

“I don’t ing think so!” Chanyeol turned to Himchan again, when Yukwon jumped to his bandmate’s side.

“Back. The. . Off” the dark-blonde gritted his teeth and Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at him.

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo again because it seemed like Zico left him alone while enjoying the side-fight that was about to happen. He was almost literally rolling on the floor laughing.

For Jongin, as the professional boxer, it was impossible to join in these kind of situations. It was plainly prohibited according to his contract with the sponsors.

Then Zico looked down at Kyungsoo, who managed to get back on his knees.

And he kicked him again. Hard.

 

“Zico!”

Jongin stepped forward and the whole roof went silent.

 

“Jongin-sshi, don’t-“ Kyungsoo started, his voice weak but Zico cut him off.

“Back off, New Kid!” his face became serious  “This is not your fight!”

“Oh my God!” Himchan laughed “Isn’t he that professional boxer who joined us today? Welcome to St. John’s!”

“He must be!” Yukwon grinned manically and then crossed his arms “Or maybe he's a ing Powerpuff Boy? Or Batman? Saving the day and ”

“Shut up!” hissed Chanyeol while eyeing the shorter boys. They just rolled their eyes and snickered again. Zico joined his friends in their actions and kicked Kyungsoo’s stomach for the last time.

 

And then Jongin could not control himself longer, as he threw two, perfect punches.

 

The first hit Zico’s stomach, pushing him near the entry from where Chanyeol came from.

The second one hit his face, knocking him out.

 

 

The next five seconds were the longest in Jongin’s whole life.

 

 

Zico’s unconscious body was falling on the ground but instead it hit the doors. His tall figure rolled down a flight of stairs that was located behind.

 

Jongin’s eyes widened and his heart stopped as he saw Zico’s blue head finally stopping at the nearest floor.

 

He froze. Everything froze.

 

Then he heard Himchan and Yukwon’s terrified cries.

 

“You ing killed him!” Yukwon roared while standing behind Jongin’s shoulder and looking down at Zico’s unmoving body “He’s ing dead!”

 

Before Jongin could recall anything he heard the new, deep and husky voice filling the nearest space.

 

“What is going on here?!”

 

Everybody turned to the main entrance where most of the students were gathered. Yongguk, Chaerin and Luhan were standing there. Yongguk and Chaerin looked in panic at Himchan, Yukwon, Chanyeol and Jongin while Luhan bent down to help Kyungsoo.

 

“I asked”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter