The point of view

Bad Education
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“My mom met your mom this morning” Minji said and sighed “Later she asked me what exactly is going on with you…”

Jongin’s eyes widened as he looked down at the girl in his arms.

They were sitting together in the Narnia - what was nothing more but an abandoned arcade somewhere in Hongdae that Yukwon and Himchan managed to turn into the music room for the band. The space was quite big and was a part of a building where the local artists had their ateliers.

“Really?” Jongin asked, making Minji to stare back at him “And what did you say?”

“Not much” she shrugged her shoulders “She’s just worried. Don’t get her wrong”

“I’m not” he smiled and held her closer, kissing the top of her head “I just don’t want you to get worried. Just tell her I’m in touch with my parents and they know what’s up…”

“I know and she knows” Minji laughed and rolled her eyes playfully “So, you’re staying at Himchan’s tonight?”

The couple looked across the room, stopping their eyes at the tall boy who was busy with tuning his guitar, the weak but unpleasant voices coming out from the speakers because of that.

Jongin only nodded, recalling the lunch time when Yukwon informed him that he cannot stay longer since his grandparents were coming to town. Himchan immediately proposed that Jongin can stay with him for as long as he wants, until he will not find anything good to rent.

He agreed to that, seeing Himchan as better option than, for example, Jiyong and the strange atmosphere that was still flying around them.

“Yep, I think it’s only tonight though” finally Jongin decided to not focus anymore on the things he could not help and put his chin between Minji’s neck and shoulder “Tomorrow I am seeing an agent who will help me with the flat”

“That’s awesome!” Minji smiled while turning around and pecking him on the lips “We’ll organize a housewarming party!”

“Yep, I hope the flat will be big enough to do so!”

“If not then we can celebrate only by ourselves” Minji winged her eyebrows mischievously what caused Jongin’s jaw to drop.

“If you keep talking like that I’ll have to get a hotel room for tonight!” he grinned and leaned down.

She giggled across his mouth and responded to his sweet and soft kiss with evident pleasure. Suddenly they parted, hearing the doors opening. They both looked up from their spot seeing Dara and Yukwon entering the Narnia.

“Finally!” Zico yelled from behind drums where he was sitting together with Kyung, instructing him about something “I thought you guys got lost or something!”

“Sorry, we had lunch with Jiyong!” Yukwon yelled back while putting his bass guitar case near the couch where Jongin and Minji were sitting “How are you, love birds? Ready to feel some rock and roll?”

“We cannot wait!” Minji smiled at him and stood up, making her way to greet Dara. Yukwon and Jongin looked after her and then stared at each other.

“Jiyong says hi and also says that in 2 days you have a fight”

“Cool” Jongin nodded “Do we know who’s the fighter?”

“I think his name’s Seungho and his specialty is MMA” with that he looked across the room, pointing with his chin at two girls “Minji-sshi is still clueless right?”

“Yeah” Jongin sighed “And I want to keep it that way”

“I hope you’ll be able. She’s not stupid” with that the bassist bowed lightly and went to Himchan’s side, getting his guitar prepared.

Finally the band was ready with their instruments set. They started with a typical jam session, checking Dara’s skills by the way. She was unbelievably focused and calm, like the situation with Luhan and Sehun did not happen at all.

It lasted for about 15 minutes while Jongin, Minji and Zico could not help it but nod their heads to the music they were hearing. Suddenly the band decided to cover one of Black Rebel Motorcycle Club’s songs, ‘Beat the Devil’s tattoo’ to be exact. Later they did the same with Queens of the Stone Age’s ‘Go with the flow’.

Baekhyun’s voice fitted the tunes perfectly but it became even better when Dara’s guitar finally took over. Jongin and Minji grinned, catching the proud look on Himchan’s face.

“” Zico muttered while looking at the view in front of his eyes “The more I hear my own band the more I think we can actually make it!”

“Yeah, I wanted to ask…” Jongin turned his head to his classmate, the awkwardness between them already gone “Are you guys planning to go pro or something?”

“Depends” Zico nodded “To go pro we need to focus on our own music instead of covering, you know. We have few songs already and Bacon is working on the lyrics. I think it’s a matter of time”

Jongin smiled a little and looked at the band, linking his hands around Minji’s figure even tighter and allowing himself to get lost in the sound.

After few more minutes Himchan announced a small break. He and Zico went out to buy beers and smoke a cigarette while Yukwon and Kyung decided to have their own rehearsal, focused only on the bass guitar and drums.

Baekhyun, just like in every free moment, came back to his notepad.

 

“How’s your song?”

 

His head perked up upon hearing Dara’s voice. She was smiling brightly, taking a seat by the small table as well.

“ty” he answered and sighed, looking at their newest guitarist with concern “And how are you? I hope better than my song”

Dara chuckled and scratched her nape.

“Well, yeah. I had a nice lunch with Ji and Yukwon after we skipped the rest of the classes. I’m trying not to think about that situation now”

“No wonder” Baekhyun sighed closed his eyes “I know it’s your business and all but I still think you shouldn’t go hard on Lu. Imagine being in his shoes right now”

“I know” she nodded “But I am not ready to face him yet. I spoke with Sehun though” with that she sighed as well and Baekhyun’s eyebrow perked automatically “Nevermind. I think all is clear between us”

Suddenly she stretched her hand, like she wanted to get something.

“What?” he asked, his voice confused but a little amused.

“Show me”

“What do you want me to show you?”

She rolled her eyes.

“The song”

Baekhyun blinked his eyes and thought for a second. Dara held his stare without any problem, her hand still raised.

Finally he sighed and passed her the notepad. Dara grinned widely and started to get through the pages, most of them filled with random words and doodles. When she came to the most recent sheet her eyed widened a little and she nodded with approval.

“ ‘Made of Glass’ ?” she read out loud “Sounds promising”

“Don’t get your hopes up high” Baekhyun covered his face with his hands “It’s nothing special, my poetic skills are equal to zero”

Dara looked like she was not listening at all, her stare focused on his handwriting. The only thing he managed to create so far was first verse and the chorus. Suddenly she smiled and closed the notepad.

“It’s good actually, really” she put the notepad on the table “I like it. You think you can sing it already?”

“Maybe the parts that I’ve written, why not?” he shrugged his shoulders “But I still don’t think it’s good enough to see the daylight, you know. It’s not artistic or anything…”

“Baekkie, it’s a rock song” Dara chuckled “It doesn’t have to be artistic. It has to be emotional and it is. It has to be yours and it is”

“You think so?” he frowned a little “I’m not sure…”

“Just think about her. Write like you want her to know it’s about her”

“Pardon?” Baekhyun paled and his eyes widened. Dara grinned and crossed her arms in response.

“The girl” she stated “The girl you’re writing about”

He blinked his eyes, not sure how to react and what to say. Soon after that he relaxed his face, finally understanding what Dara was saying.

Baekhyun nodded his head and smiled softly before seeing her doing the same.

And just like that the silent pact was made.

 

 

 

LATER

 

 

 

“Himchan, once again, thanks for having me” Jongin said while sitting down on one of the sofas in his room.

“No problem dude” Himchan smiled softly before taking his guitar from the case and preparing to change its strings “The rehearsal today was rad! Did you like it?”

“Of course I did! Do you know how the band will be called?”

“Hell no” Himchan sighed “Zico wants to start with The Boots in Puss-“ suddenly he stopped when the knocking on the doors was heard. He and Jongin looked at Himchan’s father, dressed in a suit, who came to the room.

“Boys, if you want to get something to eat I left the best take-away menus on the table”

“Thanks dad” Himchan nodded and grinned “Have fun”

“I will” Mr. Kim winked and began to close the doors behind him “See you later. Goodnight Jongin-sshi, please feel at home”

“Thank you” Jongin stood up and bowed, seeing his figure already gone. He looked back at Himchan “Is it just me or you all have cool parents but me?”

“What you see it’s not always the real deal” Himchan smirked and put his guitar down, lighting up a cigarette. Jongin only nodded, knowing well that Himchan’s father was a single parent and a well-known music journalist who tended to have a lot of affairs with many female celebrities. With that the guitarist came closer to the window, opening it and sitting on the windowsill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter