Truth

The Bodyguard

„Josh, you know I seriously dislike when people start with: you might wanna sit down. You know me, whatever it is, I can handle it, so stop being so nervous and just tell me.“ I said, smiling and hoping for the best.

Ji was still leaning on the wall, acting very strange, while Josh looked like a fidgety mess. I on the other hand, was scared less.

“There was a reason why, and you alone, were chosen for this job. You are the best at what you do, but you are also the best for this job because…because you already have experience with all of this. With threats being made through letters, with…you already have experience with him.” He stopped talking, letting it sink in.

The Flower Killer. I started shaking.

“The boss, and the crew, we all kept an eye out for him, but we never could catch him, until…until now. He went for a fish that was too big for him. Kwon Jiyong is nearly an impossible target. We sent you here, thinking that you might be able to catch him, but when you almost died we realized we had made a mistake. He now knows who you are, he knows you are the only victim he didn’t succeed to kill.”

Now I felt tears slipping down my face. They lied to me. All of them. My family who I thought could trust, willingly threw me at my nightmare, without telling me. I turned around to look at Ji, now probably the only person I could trust. But when I saw guilt on his face, I realized that he knew too. All of the time, that I thought that we were slowly starting to get to know each other…he knew. He knew about me, about Hana, about my life. My darkest secrets.

“Did you know too?” I asked Ji, accusing him both with my voice and eyes.

He couldn’t bear to look at me, instead with his gaze fixed somewhere behind me, he nodded.

I focused on Josh again, already making up my mind about what I will do next.

“We are taking you to a safe house. Jiyong is safe for now, what with the Flower Killer focusing on you, and at least 30 bodyguards keeping him safe. Don’t worry Dani, you are safe w-“ I cut him off, deciding that I have had enough.

“No.”

“What no?” Josh asked confused, but one quick glance at Ji and I knew that he knew full well what I would do. And it scared him.

“No, you will not take me to a safe house, and no I’m not going back with you. You were supposed to be my family, instead you lied to me, and by doing that you put me in danger. If you told me the truth from the start I would have still went, and protected Ji, but by doing this you just…just hurt me. So no.” I said standing up, finally getting control over my tears.

“Dani, I’m sorry, but you’ll have to go with us, you are not safe if you are not with us.”

“You are very wrong about that Josh.” I said, but I was only looking at Ji. He looked terrified, not for his safety but for mine. I guess not everything we had was a lie, but I would not stay here long enough to see what was real and what wasn’t.

“Go pack Dani, we are leaving for England in 3 hours.” Josh said with his dominant, alpha male tone, that usually made all of the crew listen to him.

I nodded, seemingly agreeing with him, but in my head I already had a plan. I was not going with him, I was standing up for myself and taking control over my life.

I went to my room, packing everything in 2 minutes flat. I dressed casually, but still slipped two knives in my booties, and strapped a small gun to my belt. I pulled my hair into a high pony tail, and put my rucksack in my hands, that way I could easily drop it and just as easily pick it up again. You couldn’t fight with a giant suitcase, you know. While exiting my bedroom I slipped, without anybody noticing, Ji’s car keys in my pocket.

Josh stood up, thinking we were going to leave now, but he was wrong. I dropped my rucksack on the floor, and a fraction of a second before Josh realized what I was planning to do, lunged at him. I knew the way he fought, he trained me after all, but I had the element of surprise on my side. A roundhouse kick to his head momentarily shocked him, giving me the opportunity to punch him with an uppercut. I always liked the close contact fights better. Josh kicked me in the abdomen, making me lose my breath, but I blocked his other kick and kneed him in his groin. He stopped fighting for a second, trying to fight the pain, giving me a split second to punch him in that one little spot on his neck that would make him pass out for at least 3 hours. It wouldn’t kill him, but it would make him unable to track or find me.

I gently placed Josh on the floor, and looked to see Ji looking at me, with a mixture of emotions on his face.

“I knew you would do that.” He said, cocking his head to one side, a small smile playing on his lips.

“Than thank you for not alerting Josh.”

“No problem, little one. I know that you think that my feelings for you were fake, but they were not. I want you, no I need you to know this. Stay safe. And please don’t break the Lamborghini. I’ll alert your boss in 20 minutes, will that be enough time?”

I smiled, realizing that he saw me taking his keys.

“Yes that will be enough.” I approached him quickly, kissing him, probably for the last time, and then, after picking up my rucksack, running out of the apartment.

I got to the garage, and located the Lamborghini. Just as I slipped into it, I wondered for a split second if me and Ji would ever get another chance, another chance for our relationship, before I sped off through the grand city of Seoul.

 

*Hehehe, and here you go. Please comment!

Oh and sorry for not updating regularly, I’ll try to update on more time this weekend, love you guys! :D