The Odd Job

The Bodyguard

*This chapter is kind of an intro for the story. You will get to know the main OC (Dani), and all that good stuff  :D

GD is in the next chapter :P

 

 

 

 

My job was fun, running around fighting and protecting people, playing with guns and explosive stuff, getting to travel the world...I could go on and on, but talking to my boss (aka. The scariest person in the world)? Nope, that wasn’t fun at all.

I saw the guys give me sympathy looks, while my best friend Lilly gave me her ’you can do it’ look. It is strange how I don’t fear fighting people, or handling guns, but talking to my boss? Scariest thing I have to. And I have to do it every 2 months (job reports), which means me dying a small death every 2 months.

Their looks didn’t help me as I went to the elevator, trying to calm my nerves. I had no idea why he was calling me, and I wasn’t sure if I ed up or if I did something good. Those were the only two possibilities of why he wanted to talk to me. My crew and I were already on a job, which made it almost impossible that he wanted to talk to me about another job. Yet it happened.

As I walked into his office, I was again stunned by how homey it looked. The scariest person on earth actually had stuffed toys on his couch. To his family he was just a dad and a husband, to his enemies he was death, and to his employees he was a mentor and a protector. But no matter how long I have known him, or how much I loved him, I never could stop myself from cringing in fear whenever he looked at me.

As if in some bad crime movie, the moment I walked in the lights went on and he turned around in his chair (he thought he had a sense of humor, but I would disagree, because his sense of humor scared the hell out of me). After I regained control over my body, I sat in the only chair available, and looked into his brown eyes.

“I have a job for you, Danica.” He was the only one that even dared to call me by my full name, everybody else called me Dani.

“A job, sir? But I’m already on a job.”

He nodded and stood up. I have no idea how a 2 meters tall black guy can be so graceful, yet he was. He went to the small table that had various alcoholic drinks on it and poured himself some whiskey. He always seemed to go for the cliche stuff.

“I know, but you are perfect for this job. This client needs a girl who is very good at blending in with the crowd, and can protect him 24/7.  You will be leaving for Korea tomorrow. My advice for you would be to start packing. You will be given the details before your plain takes off.” And just like that our ‘conversation’ was over.

I could sit here, my mouth open wide from shock, all day, and my boss wouldn’t explain anymore then what he already did (if I could even call that explaining). After he gave me an annoyed look, I closed my mouth manually and said my goodbyes while exiting his office. Wobbling to the elevator, and pressing the button for the basement, I finally let the breath I was holding in.

What the ? We usually always got the details from the boss, and were told about a job at least 2 weeks beforehand. And we never ever went alone. Why was this client so special? And, for the love of God, why was I chosen? I really, really didn’t want to go to Korea. I was perfectly happy in Europe.

The elevator dinged, signaling me that the ride was over, and I walked to my crew, who were all training together.

 

When they saw my ‘I’m very pissed’ face, after exchanging meaningful looks, all stopped and looked at me.

“Spill it out Dani.” My leader Josh said, dropping the knife he was practicing with.

The crew was soon surrounding me, awaiting for my answers, and looking up to them (yep, they were all taller than me), I sighed and started talking.

 “The boss told me that I’m going to Korea, tomorrow, to be a bodyguard for some guy.”

Half of the crew gasped, but Josh stayed calm.

 “Details?”

 “Getting them tomorrow on the plane.” Now he gasped too. 

“I don’t like this one bit, I don’t like you going without backup.” Lilly said, stepping closer to me, and putting her arms around me.

 “You guys do realize I’m not a child, right?” I giggle, as I saw all of their worried expressions.

 “We know that, you are all deadly and good at what you do, but you’ll always be a little sister to me.” Josh finally said, sighing. “I guess if the boss says so, than it will be like that. Lilly go with Dani and help her pack the stuff from here, if that is fine?”

To his suggestion we both nodded and happily walked off. Josh knew when the only two girls of the crew needed some time alone, and for that I loved him.

 

The moment we stepped out of the room, and out of the hearing range of the guys, Lilly stopped and looked at me, with a half happy half confused look on her face.

 “Dani, what about you and Leo? You are already on a rocky ground…won’t this just make it even more rocky?”

Leo was my on and off boyfriend. At the start of our relationship he was the perfect guy, but as time went on he became overly possessive and jealous, often yelling at me for just hanging out with the crew. Lilly didn’t approve of our relationship (hence the happy look), and, to be honest, I had no idea why I still tried. Maybe because I still hoped that one day I would come home to the Leo I fell in love with.

 

“I d-don’t know. Maybe this is for the best, you know?” Raking my fingers through my golden blond hair and sighing, I resumed walking again, now in total silence.

 “You know what Dani?” Suddenly Lilly spoke again, this time excitement dripping from her voice.

 “Hmm?” I answered, not really aware of what she said, because I tried thinking of a plan of what to pack. What was the weather in South Korea anyways? Did I have to dress formal or informal for the client? Where would I stay? Those three and a gazillion more questions were being unanswered and it irked me to no end. Plus, I was never the one for being organized. My mind was in a complete mess,so how the hell were my things in reality supposed to be organized?

 After getting a playful nudge by Lilly, I finally started paying attention to her.

 “I think this a blessing in disguise, who knows, maybe the client will be a hottie.” And to that we both giggled and started packing.

 

With two people packing and organizing, I was done in less than 20 minutes, and then couldn’t hold of my trip back home, and meeting Leo.

Lilly saw my expression, and hugged me tightly.

 

“It will be fine Dani. Don’t worry about it.”

After hugging all the crew, I exited the building I called home. I had no idea when I would be back, or even if (that depended on the task).

  I slipped into my long black Alpha, and started the quick drive back to my apartment. So many questions were being unanswered, and I couldn’t help myself but wonder why. Then again, I trusted my boss more than anything, and I believed that he knew what he was doing.

 

Before I knew it, I was in front of my house. It didn’t go unnoticed by me that Leo was back home too (his very flashy Ferrari was parked next to the house). Although we were both young, Leo was 25, and I was 22, we had our own house, partially because my job paid very well, and partially because Leo was out of a very wealthy family.

 Stepping into the house, I called out tentatively, trying to get a feel for the mood he was in.

 “Honey?”

No response. Well .

 

Stepping out in the living room, I saw him sitting on one of his uncomfortable-to expensive--couches, looking at me angrily.

What have I done this time?

 “Where were you?!” he asked, already yelling. Jeez, he couldn’t even wait for me to take off my shoes?

 “At work, training with the crew.”

 “You mean you were ing all of them?” he said approaching me. I think he was vaguely aware of the fact that if he ever hit me, he would end up with both of his arms broken, but I was also vaguely aware that was the only thing holding him back.

 “Leo, you know that I would never do that. Now please calm down, I need to tell you something very important.”

After giving me another angry look, he went back to the couch and sat down, still glaring back at me.

 I think it is clear why I decided to stand.

 “I have another job, and have to fly to Korea tomorrow. Boss dropped this on me today….Please don’t be angry.”

He huffed, and stood up, going to the bedroom and completely ignoring me. I stood there baffled by his behavior when my phone buzzed. It was just a simple text from my boss telling me that my was scheduled to be on the plane that was taking of at 8 am sharp. My boss, a man of few words

 Another sigh escaped my lips. God really didn’t like me. I was never a morning person, and now to catch the damn plane I had to even wake up early?!

 A quick shower later, and I was ready for bed. Leo was in bed too, reading his book. I slipped quietly in the bed, sinking into the soft pillows.

 

Suddenly Leo, turned off the lights and was straddling me, giving me wet sloppy kisses on my neck, while his hands were roughly grabbing my . I didn’t want this. I was not in the mood, plus had to wake up early. And he was being too rough.

 

“Leo, stop, please.” But he didn’t. He kept grabbing me, hurting me.

“Stop!” I yelled, but he didn’t. I was very close to snapping, but was trying to control myself, not wanting to hurt him. But when he roughly and aggressively shoved his hand into my , I snapped. With a swift motion of both my hips and hands, he was on the floor next to the bed, and I was standing over him.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you?!” I yelled, both frightened and pissed off at the same time, but he didn’t answer. Instead he stood up, and a few seconds later left the house. Probably to get drunk and another girl.

What the hell am I doing in this relationship? Was the question torturing me before going to sleep. After a lot of tossing and turning, two hours later I managed to close my eyes, and float into nothingness.

 

 

 

My alarm went off at 5 am, sharp. A quick (and a very grumpy) shower later, and I was blowing my hair in front of the mirror. My shoulder length blonde hair was having its way, curling up in all directions, until I finally gave up and put it into a messy buy, a few strands escaping from its hold and framing my face. I had big hazel eyes, that seemed indecisive about which color the wanted to be, and my lips that were usually plump, now looked a bit too swollen from the rough kisses from Leo last night.

 I was under 160 cm, which made most of the people think I was harmless. Mistake number one, I thought and giggled, but soon stopped as I saw faint bruises on my hands and s that Leo gave me.

 I knew it was bad that I avoided resolving my problems with Leo, but first I really didn’t want to get into another fight with him before the flight, plus he wasn’t even home.  Deciding that my relationship will have to wait, I went to dress comfortably for the long flight ahead.

 Some skinny jeans and a T-Shirt later, I was driving in a taxi, with just two suitcases (I’m a girl, remember?) towards the airport.

 When I got there, it was another 1, 5 hours of waiting and shuffling around before I sat in the first class seat (sometimes I just had to love my boss). Right before taking off, a stewardess approached me, handing me a big envelope.

 

When we were finally safely in the air, I opened the envelope and was greeted to a sight of a y Asian guy, smirking, his blue hair styled to look messy, while his eyes betrayed his intelligence. And his name for some strange reason made my body tingle, Know Jiyong. Well, this will be interesting, to say the least.

 

 

 

 

*Just to clear up, this story won’t be a messed up love triangle, I just wanted my OC to have a bf, because let’s face it, not every girl is single :P