The Broken Deal

The Bodyguard

Ji had a mixture of at least five emotions on his face; hurt, confusion, worry, happiness, sadness, anger… I couldn’t count them all. I just knew that right now I couldn’t make time go in reverse, and that I had to deal with this. I sprang into action, turning around to face Gael.

“Please do me a favor, I’m begging you. Give me 10 minutes here, and then let’s just go back to Dublin. I’ll explain what I can. I’m begging you.” And thankfully, without a single question, Gael her heel and exited the room.

With a deep breath I turned back around to face the man I loved. Thankfully, it was just Big Bang and me in the room. I felt the strong urge to cry, but I managed not to.

I decided to first address all of them, and then talk to Ji alone.

“I don’t know how to explain, but I’ll try. I was given an ultimatum, I could have left and pretended to be dead, or watch as The Flower Killer killed Ji and then me. You know what I chose. I hated myself every moment that I had to watch the people I loved suffer. And still, I-I have to ask for something. Forget that this ever happened, you didn’t see me, and I was never here. I’m still dead, Dani is dead. I’m begging you. “ I stopped talking for a second, to wipe away the tears that were now freely sliding down my face. “And don’t you dare think that I don’t love every single one of you. I miss you all terribly, but I made a choice, and now I have to stick by it.”

I finished, looking at all of them, trying to engrave this moment in my brain, because I knew this would probably be the last time I see them. All of them were crying, but one by one, except Ji, came and hugged me.

“We miss you, Dani.” Ri said, and I nodded. Finally I turned around to face Ji, his eyes were wide open, almost like he was in shock.

“Can we talk privately, please?” I asked, unsure what his answer would be.

He nodded, still staying silent, and turned around, leading me in one of the back rooms. It was a small room, filled with clothes, and jewelry.

After gulping, I looked him straight into his eyes, and saw all the suffering there.

“Please, just try to understand. I had to choose between your life and eternal agony. You are everything to me Ji, and I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you this when we still had time, when everything was easier, simpler. Now, my feelings for you are irrelevant. And since I probably won’t see you ever again, I have to tell you something. Sujin, the girl you have been…s-seeing, she works for The Flower Killer. She is dangerous, and I’m begging you to stop seeing her. I know I have no right, but please. Trust me, I’m begging you” I looked up to him, and saw no reaction whatsoever.

Then he finally spoke, his voice holding no emotion.

“No, she is good, you are wrong about her. I don’t know what your intentions are but she is good.” He said, and I saw that he was trying very hard not to believe me.

I nodded, losing all fight in me, and just as I touched the doors to leave, I felt Ji’s hand wrap around my wrist.

“Wait…don’t leave just yet.”

I turned around, and without a second of hesitation we moved in sync, crashing our lips together, kissing like there was no tomorrow. And in reality there wasn’t.

I felt our hearts beat in sync, and oxygen became irrelevant, the only thing of importance was Jiyong, and this one small and final moment we could share.

In the kiss there was no Sujin or death, it was just me and Ji and our love.

He kissed me like I was his last wish; his last love, his last breath, and I wished this moment would never end. But it did.

Ji took a step back, caressing my face, looking at me like he was trying to remember every feature of my face, and I did the same.

“Goodbye Dani. Thank you for giving me closure.” He smiled, and I turned around, not having the courage to look at him anymore and walked out of the room, not wanting him to see my tears. I ran into Gael, and she, without asking, helped me get out of the building and into the car, because I couldn’t see anything, my vision blurry from all the tears.

Ji didn’t just say goodbye, he said goodbye forever. He let me go. But I couldn’t let him go.

The ride back home was silent, with Gael driving and me silently crying or sleeping. She knew that I would eventually tell her what I could, but that I was too broken right now to even speak.

 

Unlocking the doors to my apartment, I saw a small note on my table.

You broke the deal. There will be consequences.

I froze, my heart stopping as I realized what the consequences probably were. No, please, no.

 

 

A/N Did I confuse you or did I confuse you? :D I’m so sorry this chapter is so weird, I’m really sleepy and tbh have no idea what I wrote. I just had the urge to write and I wanted to give you guys another chapter. I usually proofread and all that good stuff, and I’ll probably want to kill myself in the morning when I see what I wrote, but yeah, love you guys! Plaese comment (but don’t be too harsh on me, please :*)