Two

Blowing Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seung Hyun munched the biscuits and watched Ji Yong's extreme tapping and pressing on the computer keyboard next to him, while the latter's eyes are completely latched onto the computer screen as he curse incoherently from time to time, probably frustrated that he was losing the game that he's playing.

"Hey, can I ask you something?" Seung Hyun said.

"Shoot."

"Uhh.. What kind of person is Audrey?"

"What? Audrey? She's cool," Ji Yong said nonchalantly and pressed the keyboard even harder. Seung Hyun hummed in response and he wished Ji Yong would say more than that. Seung Hyun leaned back into the chair and thought of her actions the other day at the court. Maybe she was blowing a kiss to some other person. He reasoned with himself. But she was looking right at me! There was no mistaking that the odd girl definitely was looking right at him with the prettiest smile he has ever seen. But why would she do that? They barely know each other! Seung Hyun remembered that day clearly. As quickly as the kissy gesture that was blown to his way, she had also bolted right away. He even looked around him to see if there was somebody else that she was doing that to.

Nope. No one was around.

"Is she.. y'know.." Seung Hyun asked again and this caught Ji Yong's attention. Now where did this sudden interest come from? Ji Yong paused his game and looked at Seung Hyun, implying him to go on with his question. Seung Hyun brought up his right hand and made a twirling  motion next to his head. Ji Yong burst out in laughter and wondered what happened after he left both of them the other day. "No she's not crazy! Well... She could be.. sometimes but, y'know.. she's cool. She's a great person. Why did you ask me this? Did something happen?"

"Nah. Nothing to be concerned about," Seung Hyun shrugged and decided to put it to rest. Maybe he should get his eyes checked. It was quite a distance the other day after all.

 

******************************

Audrey has been going out of her usual ways to avoid bumping into Seung Hyun at all costs. Why did you blow a kiss to him, you stupid girl?! Now he's going to think you're weird. There has been several times that she almost ran into him, if not for her extremely good reflexes in avoiding him in particular. Why is it that before this when she wanted just a glimpse of him, he was nowhere to be seen and now, he is almost everywhere she goes? Now, she could see Ji Yong and Seung Hyun walking at the far end at the corner in their usual sports attire. Basketball again, what else is new?

She quickly walked up the stairs nearby to avoid crossing paths with them. Seung Hyun, in particular. She has not been to the court for a few days now eversince she blew a kiss at him. She was too embarrassed to face him and she thinks she would probably faint if Seung Hyun decides to ask her about the whole thing. Ji Yong has been pestering her about her absence during lunch breaks and she made up some excuse that she was busy with a class project and couldn't come by. She didn't tell him what she foolishly did the other day and seeing that he didn't say or ask her anything of that sort, she decided to keep it from him.

She'll get a lifetime of teasing from Ji Yong if he gets hold of this. He will never let it rest until the day she dies. Ji Yong got her one chance. One chance, and she blew it.

Audrey walks up the stairs with no specific direction in mind and mindlessly walk, as she lamented on her actions in life. Blow a kiss. Seriously, Audrey? Who does that? Much less to your crush who talked to you for the first time? Mom was right when she said I'm a weirdo. As she trudged unthinkingly, a door flew open right to her face and she doubled back in shock. What was even more shocking to her is that Seung Hyun was the person who flung the door open, almost hitting her in the face in the process of doing so. Seung Hyun, the boy that she has been trying so hard to avoid for almost a week now.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" Seung Hyun said in alarm. Audrey kept quiet and looked up. Seung Hyun was surprised to see her but he kept his expression in check. "Oh Audrey, it's you! I'm... I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to.. Uhh.. Did I.. Hit your face or something?" Seung Hyun asked in concern.

"No! I... Uhh.. It's fine. It's my fault, actually. I wasn't looking where I was going," she cleared and thought maybe God was bored and decided to make her life more interesting by making her meet him like this. When all she had done for the past week was nothing but to avoid this boy in front of her, and now he almost hit her in the face. I'm glad you're having your share of fun, God. Once again, they fell in awkward silence just like back in the court a few days ago.

"So uhh.. I haven't see you at the court for the past few days," Seung Hyun said to fill the silence.

"Oh yeah, I've.. Uhh... Been busy.. With class project.." she muttered and hoped hard that he doesn't see through her lame excuse.

"Yeah. Yeah, Ji Yong mentioned it."

"Uhh.. I thought you were heading to the court a while ago. How did you get up here so fast?"

"I came to return a book that I borrowed from the library. The deadline's today, so... How did you know I was heading to the court?" What library? She glanced sideways and noticed that they were indeed in front of the school's library. Ah, he must have ran up here using the stairs on the other end of the building. She made a mental note to herself to never walk mindlessly again.

"Oh, uhh... I saw you and Ji Yong walking a while ago. And you two are dressed like that, so.." she said, pointing out his sports attire. 

"Well, I got to head off for practice now. Or else I'll get my head chewed off," Seung Hyun joked.

"Right. Uhh.. Well, I'll see you around then," Audrey walked past him quickly, wishing that she could just disappear into thin air right then and there.

"Wait!" Seung Hyun called out and said, "If you're not busy now.. could you buy us a bottle of water? I mean.. the lunch break is still not over yet, so... I'll pay you back!" She wanted to say no. Because she does not trust herself to behave like a normal person would around him. "Yeah, sure."

"Cool! Uhh.. I'll see you at the court in a bit. I gotta run now." With that, Seung Hyun dashed off, leaving her alone, thinking why the hell she had agreed. Efforts of avoiding him for a week just went down the drain.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter