Three

Blowing Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In years to come, Seung Hyun would think that the exact moment when he started to feel something for Audrey, was the moment she blew him the second kiss. But it could probably be many point in time that led up to his fondness for her.

And in years to come, Seung Hyun would remember how unforgettable the whole thing was. How could he forget the many sleepless nights that he went through? How could he forget the small spark in her eyes when she had turned around to blow him a kiss? How could he forget the quick strut that the odd girl made right after? Most of all, how could he forget the way she looked when he had overheard her complimenting him indirectly in the library? All shy and sure, as if she was telling Ji Yong that if anyone could earn a living out of his face alone, it would be Seung Hyun. He could not, and would not trade anything in this world when he has such privilege to remember all of that clearly.

But that, would be in years to come. It is now in the present time.

Now, in the present time, he was tossing and turning in his own bed for a few nights in a row. He has been restless and couldn't get a wink of sleep eversince Audrey blew him a kiss the second time. Damn, that girl! What is going on in her head? One moment she looked like she was ready to sprint away from him. Then the next thing he knows, she blew him another kiss! Sprinting away right after, nevertheless.

Seung Hyun barely knows this girl. Yet she was going around blowing him kisses when no one is looking but him. It was like their own little secret, their own little game- where she was making moves to win, while he was just standing by the side, watching her every move, intrigued. How does the odd girl's mind works? What's her strategy?

Seung Hyun wanted to talk to someone about this. First person that came across his mind is Ji Yong. He wanted to share his confusion to his friend but he didn't want to sound like a whiny boy who does not how to deal with this so-called crush. Wait. Am I crushing on this girl? What? Because she blew you a freaking kiss? Get real, Seung Hyun. Maybe that's her way of making friends with people. If so, that makes her even more odd. Instead of finding it weird, Seung Hyun finds her interesting. If that is so, he wants to know what is inside her mind. He wants to know how the odd girl's mind works. And maybe, maybe then he could understand why does she goes around blowing kisses at him.

 

X

Seung Hyun couldn't be more irritated as hell with Ji Yong right now. First of all, Ji Yong was supposed to meet him at the usual cafe around their neighbourhood to go over some lyrical material that they agreed to work on separately before figuring out how to merge it to form an actual song. And of course, that prick had to be late and Seung Hyun had to sit by himself for a few hours, ignoring the sorry looks that the cafe staff had been throwing his way. Probably thinking that he got stood up by his date. Which would have been fine really, except that when he finally showed up, he actually had the nerve to tell Seung Hyun that he had left it on the dining table at home. It took all of Seung Hyun's will not to wrap his fingers around Ji Yong's neck at the moment. 

"I'm really sorry, hyung! I didn't mean to, I just..." Ji Yong looked at him worriedly, feeling bad for his own tardiness. Seung Hyun threw him a glare and Ji Yong unconsciously cowered back. "Look, we could hang out at my place and go over the song, if you don't mind.." Ji Yong offered. "Do I look like I have a choice?" Seung Hyun snapped and continued, "You better make sure the lyrics are actually left on your dining table and not some excuse you came up with because you didn't finish it."

"Eyy hyung, I'm Kwon Ji Yong! I get done hyung, you know that," Ji Yong smiled, hoping to ease his anger. Seung Hyun threw him another glare and motioned him to get his moving.

Almost an hour later, both boys stood in front of Ji Yong's house and Seung Hyun tapped his foot impatiently as Ji Yong searched for his house keys.

"," Ji Yong muttered. He put down his bagpack and started searching frantically, touching his trousers' pockets at the same time. ", , ," he said again. Seung Hyun frowned and looked at him questioningly. "Hyung, I don't know where are my house keys." You've got to be kidding me. Seung Hyun stared at Ji Yong incredulously and heard him muttering about his family being out of town and going over to a friend's house now. It only registered fully in Seung Hyun's head when he sees Ji Yong walking a few metres ahead of him.

"Yah Kwon Ji Yong!" he yelled.

"I know, hyung. I'm sorry!" Ji Yong said and he kept a distance from Seung Hyun the whole time they walked to his friend's house which is nearby that Ji Yong said they could bunk in for the night. Seung Hyun decided to just tag along because it was already late and it would be difficult to catch a bus ride home at this hour.

"Ah we're almost there," Ji Yong muttered. It only occured to Seung Hyun that he might not know this friend of Ji Yong's and he asked, "Yah, are you sure your friend doesn't mind me staying over as well?"

"I'm a hundred percent sure, hyung. I'm pretty sure my friend would be so over the moon that you're here," Ji Yong said nonchalantly, causing Seung Hyun to scowl at him. This brat, was he being sarcastic? Before Ji Yong could press the door bell, the door was flung open and out came a girl that looked elder than the both of them by maybe a few years.

"Oh! Ji Yong! What are you doing here?"

"Oh! Hey noona, how have you been?" Ji Yong hugged the girl while Seung Hyun stood at the side, waiting patiently.

"I'm good! I just dropped by to give her some things that I bought for her. I'm on my way home actually," she smiled and Seung Hyun couldn't help but to think that the way this lady smiled looked so familiar. Just then, a muffled voice came from the house and out came another girl from the house, yelling, "Unnie! You forgot to take these with you!" The girl proceeded to shove a few containers into the lady's hand and hugged her. When both of them broke apart, Seung Hyun's eyes almost fell out of his sockets.

The odd girl. That girl that came running out of the house is Audrey. And that wasn't the reason why Seung Hyun felt like his eyes were going to fall out. It was because the odd girl was..

"What the hell are you wearing?" Ji Yong's eyebrows knitted in confusion and gave Audrey a once-over. Yeah, what in the world was the odd girl wearing? Audrey frowned and only then she realized Ji Yong was standing next to her. "What the hell are you doing here?" she asked suspiciously. "Well, it's nice to see you too. I misplaced my house keys and we need a place to stay over tonight. So.."

The lady with her arms full with container merely laughed and said, "Well, have fun, kids! Don't be rascals!" With that, she dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter