Six

Blowing Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She could see his mouth moving in an animated sort of way from the corner of her eyes. She tried hard not to pull a long face but the more she think of how she looks like, she grew even more aware of her annoyance at him. Well, not at him. At the... situation earlier. Okay, she is kinda annoyed with him a little. In her defense, if it wasn't because of him, she wouldn't get annoyed. Right?

At the back of her mind, she knows he is talking to her. She could even hear it in his voice that he was attempting to speak to her, to get her to respond. Because she was a girl falling in love, she ignored him. She couldn't find it in herself to listen to him. Which was weird because she was always so attentive whenever he speaks. As it is, he's not much of a talker anyway. It got to a point where she wished he would leave her alone. But she didn't want to be away from him. Make up your damn mind! She shuddered at the thought of some fangirls could have followed him back. 

Deep down, she knows it's not his fault. But she can't help the way she feels- she's still annoyed at him. For being so polite to the other girls. For being so accomodating to their requests. For not moving away when they get too close. For not seeing through her... tantrums. But really, who was she to him that he should be responsible for her feelings? They're not even in a relationship to begin with, she thought begrudgingly.

Seung Hyun wasn't dumb. He knows when a girl is upset. He couldn't even pretend to be dense about a girl's feelings, given the fact that he has a sister at home. He turned slightly to his left in discreet and her frown was still there. From the moment they left the cafe, she had been quiet and she was giving him one-word answers. Honestly, he felt like running away. He couldn't stand this... unresponsive Audrey. He didn't know what made her mood drop but he suspected there's something to do with the woman who asked for a signature on her back a while ago. But why?

Usually, she would be telling him things like how her day was. Like how silly her classmates act sometimes. Like how Spock reminds her of him. And she would laugh at him when he raised his eyebrows, obviously having no idea who the hell Spock was. And he liked the fact that he didn't feel slighted when she showed him a picture of Spock.

And then now. She was keeping her slightly pouty mouth sealed now. Seemingly frowning and he fought the urge to reach out and touch her forehead and make the lines go away. Since she wasn't talking much, Seung Hyun feels compelled to fill the silence as they walk towards her house. He didn't even realize when he started to ramble. He even had to talk about how his dog, Charlie, likes to take the liberty of doing his business right at the foot of his bed. He was hoping that she would laugh at that. But nope. She wasn't co-operating tonight. So he tucked his hands in his trousers timidly and laughed humorlessly for the two of them.

Audrey mindlessly kicked the little pebbles along the pathway in hope that the foreign feeling that is weighing down her chest would go away. She unconsciously ran her palms along her arms in an attempt to keep herself warm. Why didn't I just wear a hoodie just now? Since she had her head slightly lowered, she didn't realize that Seung Hyun was a few steps behind her. Before she could turn around to see where had he gone to, she heard a slight shuffling from the back. She gasped slightly when she turned around to find Seung Hyun's arms go around her to place a sweater over her shoulders. 

Her heart warmed at his gesture and her irritation ebbed away just a little. How unfair. How unfair it is that her mood could be affected by his simple act. She pursed her lips and muttered a small 'Thank you'. Seung Hyun hummed in response and they fell in uncomfortable silence once more.

"... be there right?"

Silence.

"Audrey?" He nudged her slightly.

"Huh?"

"You'll be there right?" Seung Hyun asked again. Based on her confused look, she obviously didn't hear him the first time. "The basketball competition that I, uhh, mentioned just now? Uhh, you'll be there, right? Uhh, I'd... like it if you'll come.. So.. I mean.. if you're free, of course.."

"Oh.. Umm.. Yeah.. I'll be there," she said. What basketball competition?  "So, here's me," she said as her house came into their line of sight. "Thanks for walking me back home."

"Right.. Umm, yeah. I'll go after I see you in. Go on in now, you'll catch a cold." She smiled at him as she her heels to head back in to her house. Seung Hyun waited. Something is wrong. The smile that did not reach her eyes bothered him. Something is definitely wrong. He watched her doors close as he stood still for a few minutes, waiting for a kiss to be blown at him that never came.

 

X

Audrey grabbed her favourite oversized shirt with a cute cartoonized mice nibbling a huge cheese printed on it and hastily put it on right after she dried herself from the shower. She ran a comb through her damp hair and went to the kitchen to cook spicy prawn olio spaghett

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter