Five

Blowing Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Audrey pretended to arrange her belongings on her desk to avoid the curious look of Kwon Ji Yong as he sat in front of her, with his arms crossing his chest. His eyebrows furrowed and he observes her. Just what are you hiding? "Tell me again. Why?" he asked for the millionth time. She is getting agitated as he just wouldn't accept her answer.

"What do you mean why? I've already told you ten thousand times earlier today, Ji Yong. It's because I wanted to. Besides, I've never seen you perform," she sighed and she started walking out of the class, with Ji Yong tottering behind. She saw he was about to open his mouth to speak and she shot him a glare, "Ask me the same thing again, I'm going to punch you, Ji Yong. You are irritating me."

The thing is, it was no surprise that Ji Yong is very interested in music and almost everyone knows that he would perform at some club or cafe during certain nights. It's just that she had never seen him perform in front of a crowd eventhough she had hear and seen him sing. Well, she'll admit that her annoying best friend could really make a tune, although he's not the best vocalist out there. But Ji Yong has a certain feel to his own music that he writes and she feels that his originality would bring him far some day. They were just having a normal conversation when he had mentioned that he has a show coming up and Seung Hyun would also be performing as well.

She remembered choking a little on her bubbletea when he had casually dropped Seung Hyun's name. Of course, Ji Yong rambled on and missed the glare of 'Why are you only telling me this now?' by Audrey. And a few days after, she told Ji Yong that she wants to come and watch him perform- that made Ji Yong suspicious. When all of those times that she could come and see him perform, why was it that only now that she said she wants to come?

"I mean, come on. You could have come so many other times before this and all of a sudden, you wanna come watch? Tell me why. I'm not saying you can't come. No offense, but why do you care about it now when you were so consistent in avoiding to come watch me perform?" Ji Yong whined. What? How dare he! She was about to throw a string of profanities at him when she bumped into someone quite hard which resulted in her stack of books that she was holding to be scattered all over the floor.

"Holy , I'm so sorry!" A frantic, familiar deep voice is heard and before she could say anything, Ji Yong had already beat her to it. "Oh hyung!"

"Ah Ji Yong, ssup," Seung Hyun glanced at him before settling his gaze on Audrey. He bend down and started helping her in picking up her books. "You should really watch where you're going. I could have really hurt you and I don't want that to happen." She feels herself blush a little and nodded at him in acknowledgement. Seung Hyun craddled her books in his arms and they started walking together to the school's cafeteria.

"What were you guys talking about that she wasn't looking in front?" Seung Hyun asked with a hint of smile.

"Oh nothing, I was just asking Audrey about why..." Ji Yong trailed off when he noticed how hard Audrey was trying not to make any eye contact with him. He glanced at Seung Hyun who was waiting for his answer and it all suddenly made sense. Ji Yong snorted and broke into fits of laughter, confusing the two of them who were wondering what the hell has gotten into him.

"Oh wow. Now I get it. I'm offended, Audrey. You're not coming because of me. It's because of Seuhmphhfff." Whatever Ji Yong wanted to say was not heard because Audrey's palm was on his mouth now. She knew it was only a matter of time before he found out the real reason why she decided to go see him perform. More like see Seung Hyun perform. Hey, if you knew your crush would be somewhere, wouldn't you want to be there as well?

Seung Hyun stood there in confusion and he grew impatient as he asked again, "What is it?" With her palm still covering Ji Yong's mouth, Audrey muttered about nothing and quickly changed the topic before Seung Hyun would ask again.

X

If a human exists as a person of two, Audrey's other half might have smack her head by now. Today was the day that she was going to Bookends Cafe in town and she was still thinking on what to wear after almost two hours. Oh my god. She wasn't even going for a date, for god's sake! She was just going to see Seung Hyun perform. And Ji Yong, of course. With the rate that she's mulling over what to wear, she's definitely going to be late. Not to mention this is actually the first time that she actually spent that much time to decide on her clothes. Oh what joy of first phase of falling in love.

Needless to say, Audrey was half an hour late. She had missed Ji Yong's first few songs and had only managed to see him perform his latest song that he wrote a few days ago. Because she was late, all the good seats were occupied and she has to settle with an empty table at the back. She didn't mind it because it wasn't that far from the stage and she could still get a fair view of it. Seung Hyun was nowhere to be found and she wondered if Ji Yong had lied to her. She sulked a little to herself and watched Ji Yong got off the stage and the light was dimmed. Light murmurs started to become louder and it escalated to shrieks and hollers from the crowd. Audrey craned her neck to see what was happening and her eyes fell on a lanky figure who was walking up the stage.

"Ah, up next- T.O.P!" Someone had announced and the shrieks became even louder. How the hell? Audrey's eyes followed the tall man's figure and she gasped inaudibly.

She unconsciously stood up from her seat and she stared at him. Instead of the usual huge jerseys and baggy pants that Audrey often sees Seung Hyun wears, he was donned in a fitting white crisp dress shirt, neatly tucked into an equally ironed black dress pants. He was also wearing a neat black tie and matched with a pair of black toe cap oxfords with small daisies print at the front. Cute. And cheeky. She smiled to herself and admired him from where she was standing. His hair was combed neatly to the back and she felt went dry.

Holy hell. How is it that he looked even more handsome?

She watched him move around the stage to adjust the small stool provided and he made small talks with a person who she assumed to be the sound technician. Then, he took a deep breath and he stood up straight to look at the crowd. The crowd went wild again and Seung Hyun ignored the screaming and Audrey saw how his eyes scanned the crowd, as though looking for someone. Then, she felt someone tapped her from the back and she turned to find Ji Yong making himself comfortable next to her as he drank his thirst away. She looked at the stage again and was slightly surprised when she found Seung Hyun looking at her. She gave him a small smile and waved at him. 

X

Seung Hyun tapped his foot in a restless manner and took deep calming breaths as discreet as he could. This was not missed by Ji Yong as he shot Seung Hyun an annoyed look. "Stop that, hyung." He knows he irritated Ji Yong and he also knew that his state is making Ji Yong nervous as well. Seung Hyun ignored Ji Yong's mumblings and unconsciously started tapping his fingers on top of a nearby desk. "Ah hyung!" Ji Yong yelled. That made Seung Hyun stopped.

"Are you nervous?" Ji Yong sighed.

"No."

"Is it because Audrey's coming to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter