One

Blowing Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was yet another lunch break. It was also Audrey's favourite time of the day. Apart from the rare moments that she would sometimes catch a glimpse of that dreamboat that goes by the name of Seung Hyun. Choi Seung Hyun. It was also yet another pointless daydreaming that she is getting into as she sat herself down at a bench, helping herself to her homemade kimbap. She squinted her eyes and took a look towards the far end of the court where a group of boys were playing basketball.

Audrey dislikes basketball. Well, to be more precise, she dislikes basketball players, simply because they come off very cocky and they seemed to have that I'm-all-that attitude when they're not really all that. If she loathes anything to do with basketball, so why was she sitting nearby and looking out at the court? Two reasons- her best friend, and also her best friend's best friend, which she has googly eyes for since forever.

"Yah!" she yelled out as she put her hands on top of her head to shield herself from the glaring sunlight. Seriously, why do people even play basketball during lunch break? If it's not because of Mr Dreamboat, lunch break could easily become her least favourite time of the day considering that she has to bring a bottle of water for Ji Yong after his usual basketball practice. Or playtime, whatever he wants to call it.

Right after he scored a point through the basket, Ji Yong heard the familiar call from a distance and he quickly excused himself for a drink. "Seung Hyun-hyung, you coming?" Ji Yong turned and asked before he walks off. Seung Hyun tilted his head a little and saw a girl who was looking right over at them with two bottles of water by her side, eating something. But the moment he made eye contact with her, she seemed like she started coughing violently. Odd. "Nah, I'm good. Go to your girlfriend over there. She looks like she's choking on something."

"Hyung, she's my best friend and you know that," Ji Yong said boredly and started walking away from the court. Seung Hyun smirked and said, "Yeah I know. I'm just teasing you, you brat. Go." Of course he knows. How could he not? The times Ji Yong were not hanging out with him, Ji Yong would always be seen next to that girl. The same girl who always sits at the same bench during lunch breaks. Always with two water bottles. And as if on cue, the same comfortable call for Ji Yong. Seung Hyun noticed it- the fact that the girl always looked irritated that she has to bring a bottle of water for Ji Yong but cushioned with adoration and loyalty in just her usual short 'Yah!' that he heard. Ji Yong is lucky, he thought. It must be nice to have someone like that by his side.

Ji Yong hurriedly walked towards Audrey and realized Seung Hyun was right- she is choking on something. He quickly opened a bottle of water and handed it to her as his hands went behind her back to soothe her from her violent coughings. After a few minutes, she took deep breaths to calm herself down- although she could feel her eyes welled up with tears. She muttered a 'Thanks' and Ji Yong noticed that she was kinda looking longingly at the court. He started chuckling and grabbed the kimbap off her lap and started helping himself with it.

"He looked over just now," she said out loud. Ji Yong snorted and she knew she shouldn't have said that out loud.

"Was that why you started choking on your kimbap?"

She felt her face flushed, giving him the evil eye and snatched back the offensive food from his hands. "Get your own food, you moocher." Of course Ji Yong being Ji Yong, took no heed of her and instead, he took the kimbap again from her and gobbled it all up in one go. What a pig. He just inhales whatever's edible. "I don't understand why you just refused to talk to him," he said .

"I don't understand why you just refused to shut up about this," Audrey retorted and rubbed her teary eyes.

"Because my best friend is crushing on my other best friend since she was born! How do you expect me to shut up about this?! Hyung!!" Ji Yong suddenly raised his voice in exasperation.

That sets Audrey off in a panic attack. Almost. "Yah! Have you gone out of your mind? Shut up!" Both of them were wrestli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter