Unstoppable

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 32 – Unstoppable

A/N: Double Update! Or I guess triple if you haven't checked between 12 PM (PST) to 8 PM (PST). (:

 

Dongjun woke up with a start and he mumbled, “Stop.”

 

Stop what?” Lay asked in surprise. He glanced at the male in surprise, and Dongjun's left eye was glowing gold and he mumbled, “You have to stop Akari.”

 

What is she planning to do?”

 

Dongjun sat up, although he struggled, and he mumbled, “Have you heard of Awakening?”

 

No.” Lay mumbled. Dongjun glanced around, and upon only seeing Luhan and Lay, and he groaned, “The one time I need everyone here.”

 

He made eye contact with Luhan and the older male and he nodded and Dongjun spoke, You guys have to stop Akari.

 

Stop noona? Jungkook asked confused. Everyone seemed equally confused and Dongjun said, She plans to use the Awakening.

 

V and Jungkook froze and Xiumin asked rather hesitantly, What's the Awakening?

 

The Awakening... it's something people with Wings discovered back when we first attempted to overthrow Clovis. Awakening brings out the full potential, I'm sure you saw Akari's second stage during her fight against L. There's 3 stages in total, and so far, only three of us have survived the test to know that we have that third stage. Dongjun paused and he mumbled, L is one of them. The other two being me and Akari.

 

Tao and Chen stayed silent and Kris asked, Is it a bad thing?

 

It is... if it's used too often. Akari's the only one of us that has used it and returned to her normal state repeatedly... Dongjun paused and he sighed, Everyone else has been not as fortunate and have either died after their second usage... or have fallen into coma. The reason why I'm asking you to stop Akari though is because this time, she's not just using Awakening, but she's also planning to attack the main faculty. I don't know what she's planning, but I feel that determination from her... and it's stronger than ever, as though she plans to end everything. And... if I think she's going to do what I think she's going to do, then that means she might die.

 

Alone!? V and Jungkook. Dongjun winced and he nodded weakly and Luhan said, Yes. Alone.

 

H- Chen paused, he almost couldn't breathe. But he realized he wasn't the only one. Tao and Dongjun were also experiencing it, the lack of air, and that sense of utter dread. How do you know she's going right now? Alone?

 

Dongjun winced again and he felt it, that searing pain in his chest and he covered his right eye as his left eye shone brightly, the golden hue was too strong and suddenly, the light covered the room Lay and Luhan was in with them.

 

Lay and Luhan stumbled backwards, going closer to Dongjun and the male was panting softly as his breathing was ragged and he mumbled, “No.”

 

The flash of light dimmed slightly and instead of returning to the room, the trio were watching a metallic gold figure rush across the debris of what was once Seoul and Lay asked, Is that Akari?

 

Once again, a weak nod from Dongjun as he held the direct, most direct possible, link with her and he mumbled, “Akari you can't.”

 

The figure stopped and she looked up, almost directly at him and, if only he could see behind that mask of metal that was shielding her entire figure from them and she shook her head and Dongjun whispered, “You can't. I'm supposed to be the one that's taking your place.”

 

Master doesn't want you to, Stupid.

 

The voice of Akari's Wings took everyone by surprise and Chen shouted, YOU PUT HER UP TO THIS DIDN'T YOU?!

 

There was a scoff and Akari shook her head and she mumbled softly, No one forced me to do anything, I'm just choosing the decision and walking the path I set myself to walk on.

 

Noona.. you can't. Please. Jungkook pleaded. He felt weak as he leaned against Xiumin for support and the older male looked at him in concern and he mumbled, You can't do this. Don't do it.

 

I'm sorry. Akari softly whispered. She gave them a small smile and Chen muttered, Is this your answer?

 

It is. Akari stopped and she wished they could see it, the tears that were streaming down her face and she mumbled, I have to. For you guys.

 

There has to be another way. Dongjun pleaded. Tao stayed silent, he couldn't speak, not when it was so suffocating. There was no air at all. Nothing. How were they able to even voice out their thoughts when the suffocating feeling of dread was so heavy... he didn't understand.

 

Dongjun oppa, Akari softly whispered, catching his attention only as he realized the rest of them didn't hear as she was directing it only to him. You know.. right?

 

Dongjun teared up and he closed his eyes; shutting the gate that linked him to her and he mumbled, “I do.”

 

Author's Note: So a lot of you might be wondering why I'm updating so much, it's because I'm almost done writing Inequality. I'm not even lying. As I'm typing this, I have the last chapter and the epilogue/prologue for it's sequel being prepared. LOL. So... I won't overload you guys with all the chapters in one day, but I will either do double updates or one update, since I really want you guys to see how this will end. Although I do apologize if you guys aren't satisfied. ;A; But please bare with me, as I will be creating a sequel, to which I already started. ROFL. Yay for summer vacation~<3 

Also, to all the subbies that are recent, or to those of you that have supported me since the beginning of this story, I really love you guys. No lie. To those who silently read, I love you too. But to the ones who comment and send me those occassional pm's of encouragement whenever I'm about to give up (which is often), thank you so much for helping me get through my multiple writer's blocks. I love you all.