If That Day Comes

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 28 – If That Day Comes

A/N: Okay, it's finalized, Inequality is going to have around, or close to, 40 chapters, and there will be a sequel. (: Oh, and do forgive me that this is mainly just a memory chapter, but I deemed it necessary for future plot points. Anyways! Happy reading! <3 

 

Dongjun?” Akari coughed. was dry, and they had tauntingly placed the water on the ground as she was still suspended in mid air. Dongjun lifted his hand momentarily as he loosened the bindings and brought her down.

 

He walked forward and lifted the drink to and she gratefully drank it and she asked, “You're back so soon?”

 

They've permanently placed me here.”

 

She blinked at him, confused and she laughed, “Don't mess around with me. There's no way they did. They should know better than that.”

 

Dongjun didn't respond, but his eyes were filled with sorrow and Akari knew better than to doubt him and she sat down on the ground gratefully as she felt the chains tightening again and she asked, “Has security dropped or something...? Did something happen?”

 

Dongjun shook his head and he said, “There was a mishap apparently. The workers here got infected by something and now they're being checked up on.”

 

Akari frowned and she said, “A new virus?”

 

Dongjun shrugged and he says, “Who knows, all I know is that I won't get affected by it.”

 

Akari scoffed, “And they leave me here to die I guess. Of course.”

 

They won't. It won't affect you either.”

 

Akari narrowed her eyes as she intensely observed Dongjun. Seeing nothing out of the ordinary she relaxed and a small smile played out on her face and she asked, “How are you so certain?”

 

Dongjun smiled and he said, “I just know.”

 

He sat in front of her and gently held her hand in his. He rubbed soft soothing circles on it, and channeled a bit of Negation into her and Akari asked, “It feels tingly.”

 

You always say that.”

 

Akari blushed and she mumbled, “It only feels like that with you.”

 

Dongjun was taken aback by her demeanor and he flushed red, “W-What do you mean?”

 

She shook her head fondly and smiled, “I only feel comfortable around you... Anyone else and I'm put on edge, but when oppa is around.”

 

Dongjun felt the warmth the moment she called him oppa and he smiled, he pulled one hand away and reached into his pocket before pulling out a small necklace. It was a small crystal, a perfectly translucent crystal. Akari let out a small gasp of awe and she cooed, “That's so pretty! Where did you get that?!”

 

Dongjun smiled, “Where I got it doesn't matter, but it's for you.”

 

Akari blinked as Dongjun gently placed it in her hands and she felt the cool gem and she repeated, “For me?”

 

He nodded, his black fluffy hair swishing along and Akari mumbled, “It's so pretty... it'll be a waste on me.”

 

Dongjun shook his head and he gently took the necklace from her hands and positioned himself behind her as he gently looped it around her neck and linked the two ends. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her onto his lap and Akari leaned into his warmth. She smiled, “Someone's abusing their powers.”

 

Just for today.” Dongjun mumbled. He rested his head on her shoulder and she gently lifted the crystal from her skin and she said, “It's beautiful. Thank you Dongjun.”

 

He sighed and whispered against her ear, “If only I could break you out of here... and we could escape from them.”

 

Akari shook her head and she leaned against him, “I don't want you risking your life for me.”

 

What if I had no choice, but to risk my life for you to continue living?” Dongjun asked. Akari made eye contact with him and she slowly leaned forward, kissing him on the nose and she mumbled, “Don't do it. Because I'd rather die than live without you.”

 

Dongjun lowered his gaze from hers and she sighed as she did her best to hug him despite being chained. She felt his hold on her tighten and she made no complaints and Dongjun mumbled softly, “Please don't ever take that off. Even if the day ever comes that I'm no longer beside you, please don't ever take it off.”

 

I won't. I promise.” Akari paused and she mumbled, “Do you think they'll pit us against each other...?”

 

Dongjun tensed and he shook his head furiously, “I hope that day never happens.”

 

And if it does?” Akari asked. She was scared. Dongjun was already not acting like he normally was. He wasn't the charismatic, cute, carefree and reliable oppa she always trusted. It felt like he was hiding something from her, and Dongjun mumbled, “If that day does come... if it does... I won't let you die. I'd rather die than to see you die.”

 

Dongjun...”

 

He lifted his head and he quickly placed his lips against hers and he mumbled, “You know.”

 

I do.”

 

Dongjun reluctantly let her go, but their hands never left the other and he mumbled, “I...”

 

Go.”

 

Akari let go first and she watched as he stepped away reluctantly and took his post at the small cliff just a couple hundred feet away and she sighed. Dongjun... I can feel your energy radiating off this crystal... Am I hazardous to my own health? Akari glanced up to him and she mumbled, “I don't want to live in a world without you... pabo oppa.”