Worried

Inequality

Inequality

Chapter 19 - Worried

Akari sighed. She was worried. Seeing Jungkook lying there almost dead scared her to death. She gently took his hand into hers as she felt the familiar resonance of the awakening within the poor child. She lowered her head and mumbled, “I’m sorry.”

Dongjun and Luhan watched from the side. Luhan frowned and glanced over to Dongjun. The younger male made eye contact before hearing Luhan’s voice in his head.

Follow me.

Dongjun followed without question as they walked out of the room, softly closing the door behind them as Akari continued sitting in there. Luhan continued walking past the door, not even looking back to check if Dongjun was following him. Nonetheless, Dongjun followed after him slowly. After all, if he could trust anyone, it would be Luhan. Luhan was too nice to him despite him being an outsider.

Luhan stopped in front of a small clearing in the backyard that opened up to a view of cherry blossoms dotting across the plain. Dongjun felt a smile spread across his lips and he smiled and glanced over to the older male and asked, “What’s on your mind?”

Luhan’s eyes widened in surprise. He had expected Dongjun to wait for him to say something before speaking, but he was wrong. Luhan chuckled and said, “I would like to say nothing, but there’s so much on my mind, I’m not sure where to start.”

Dongjun nodded. His black fluffy hair bounced along with it and he said, “I know. We’re all confused. So much has happened in such a short period of time.”

Luhan nodded as images of Kris’ memories flooded back to him. He had asked Kris to describe everything as best as he could, and Xiumin had attempted to help as well as he had sculpted and animated his memories into ice for Luhan to envision. Everything that he had seen had only confused him further. Exactly what were they? He glanced down and Dongjun gave him a small smile and he said, “We’re human.”

Once more, the surprise in Luhan’s eyes didn’t go unnoticed and Dongjun chuckled, “If you don’t want your thoughts to be heard, you should set up a mental barrier hyung.”

Luhan laughed and asked, “So even if I don’t consciously keep our link up, you can still hear it all?”

Dongjun nodded and said, “Yeah. Not sure what causes it.”

“May I just ask a bunch of questions?”

Dongjun nodded and Luhan walked over to a lone bench couched between two cherry blossom trees and he said, “It’ll take a while.”

*****
Dongjun and Luhan finished their conversation and was walking back to the room only to find the door wide open and the room empty.

Empty.

Dongjun looked at Luhan in fear when suddenly they heard someone let out a breath of air.

They turned around to see a completely recovered Jungkook. His hair was a mess as he ruffled it himself and Luhan's clothes hung loosely on him. Jungkook turned when he felt the eyes on him and he gave them a small smile.

"Thank you."

Dongjun smiled and walked up to the younger male, and gave him a small pat on the shoulder and the boy stated, "Noona was here."

Dongjun nodded and Jungkook glanced over to Luhan and the older male gave him a smile and said, "I'll explain everything."

 
 
It's super short, I know. ROFL. But I thought it would end well at that point. And plus, I just wanted to let you guys know I'm not dead. I'm finally done with all my exams and all my performances (or welll most of them). Now I'm just handlign end of the year banquets and stuff for my clubs. (: I'll be back soon .<3