Chapter 11

My True Self

Baekyun's POV

The next day i slowly walked into the school.Today is Friday, so i have double music after lunch and today is the day we perform our pieces. It had been going pretty good unil we fought and now it was just awkward.We're surely going to get a mark.

"Hey, Baekhyun!"

I blinked and saw Jongin and Chanyeol in front of me.

"Hi"

"Me and Chanyeol went to a resteraunt last night! It was really fun"

Chanyeol looked at Jongin and smiled.

I grimaced in my head. They were so lovey-dovey it was sick.

My eyes widened when i saw Jongin pull Chanyeol down for a kiss. I quickly closed my eyes so i didn't have to watch.

"No"

What? I opened my eyes and saw Chanyeol pushing Jongin away. Chanyeol turned and walked away. I saw an angry look on Jongin's face and he turned to foolow Chanyeol when the bell rang. He stopped walking and went in the direction of his roll call class, without saying a word. I looked after both of them in confusion. What just happened?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the day passed quickly and soon it was lunch time. I was walking past a classroom when i heard a loud voice coming from it.I brushed it off as a teacher shouting at his student until i heard another voice

"I'm sorry Jongin! I just couldn't do it!"

Jongin? Was he in trouble? But why would the teacher be apologizing to him? I walked up to he door and quietly pushed it open. Jongin was kicking Chanyeol who was on the ground, with his knees pulled up to his chest and his head lowered. I stood there in shock. What was Jongin doing?! Couldn't he see he was hurting Chanyeol?! 

"You idiot! Baekhyun's probably suspicious now!"

What was he talking about? It couldn't be about this morning right? Realization struck me. Jongina had been a fake this entire time! Chanyeol was right! Anger washed through me.

"About what?" i said menacingly

I saw Jongin freeze and Chanyeol look up.

"B-baekhyun?"

"What were you doing?"

"U-uh... isn't it lunchtime right now?"

I glared at him and stepped closer.

"Yes, but you were so loud i could hear you in the hallway. Si, what were you doing Jongin? Was Chanyeol right before? Are you forcing him to do this?" I stepped closer to him until we were face to face.

"W-what?No!"

"I can't believe you. I can't believe my own cousin would do something like this! You disgust me." I spat in his face.

I quickly grabbed Chanyeol and pulled him out of the room. I let go of his arm and looked down. I felt so guilty. I should have believed him. I shouldn't have ignored the signs that Jongin was fake just because he was my cousin. 

"Look, Chanyeol, i'm really really sorry i didn't believe you. You don't have to forgive me. I think i knew the entire time it was Jongin but i refused to believe it. I'm just really sorry you had to go through all that. I'll make sure he doesn't bother you again."

There was a pause until he spoke

"Dont worry, i forgive you. Thanks for saving me back there. But will you really be able to keep Jongin away from me?"

"Yeah, even though he's mean, we're still really close. And plus, i know his parents really well, since they're my aunty and uncle. But i was just wondering, why did this all start in the first place? Why didn't you stand up to him? You seem like the sort of person who would."

He sighed 

"I'll explain all that later, but for now, wanna be friends again?"

He had a wide smile on his face and this time it seemed real. His other smiles could seem fake sometimes.

I smiled back as i felt an incredible burst of happiness flood through me.

"Sure"

And that's when i knew i loved him

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chanyeol's POV

""Yeah, even though he's mean, we're still really close. And plus, i know his parents really well, since they're my aunty and uncle. But i was just wondering, why did this all start in the first place? Why didn't you stand up to him? You seem like the sort of person who would."

I sighed. I knew he was going to ask all this sooner or later and i knew i had to explain my childhood to him soon.

"I'll explain all that later, but for now, wanna be friends again?"

I could feel my heart beating loudly and i didn't know why this was so important. I smiled at him and he smiled back

"Sure"

And then i knew why it was so important. 

Because i loved him

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

We chatted and laughed all the way to music class. It felt great, especially since i hadn't laughed this much in ages.

I went and grabbed my guitar as soon as Mrs Jung instructed us to get ready to perform. I listened to the first few and they were good but i knew Baekhyun's amazing voice would take ours to a whole new level.

Baekhyun's POV

I sat there, too nervous to move as the first few goups played. Oh my god, i'm going to fail everything and Chanyeol will hate me. I knew i was being irrational but i couldn't help it. Suddenly Mrs Jung called us.

"Okay, next is Chanyeol and Baekhyun!"

I tried to breather properly as we walked to the front and hoped nobody could see how nervous i was.

The next few minutes passed in a blur and all i could do was hope i didn't make any mistakes. When the last note played i looked over to Mrs Jung to see if we'd done good. She looked stunned. Oh god, it was that bad. Everyone elses faces were the same and it just confirmed we'd failed.

Clap clap clap

It started with a few claps and suddenly the entire class had stood up and were clapping as hard as they could. Mrs Jung seemed to get over her shock and grinned.

"Wow guys that was amazing! Definitely expect good marks!""

I sighed in relief and looked at Chanyeol. He was looking right back at me, such a big grin on his face that his eye was twitching. I grinned back and e just looked at each other for a few seconds.

No-one's POV

"If only he felt the same way" both of them thought at the same time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N lol so corny.:P but it had to be done:) expect the next few chapters to be kinda fluffy. but the ones after that won't be (YAY!!)

FUN FACT! a num num is this adorable fluffy creature that kills people in their sleep. jk, the real fun fact is that there are libraries around the world where you can check-out humans and listen to their stories. Isn't that SO COOL?!

Also, if you like funny...stuff, check out one of my friends fics! it's really good!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/655019/all-i-want-is-a-friend-you-exo