Chapter 3 ; The Happy Ending

Street 99
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Normal - Baekhyun's POV

Italic - Tiffany's POV

Bold - Luhan's POV

Baekhyun's POV

"Noona!" I called out for Tiffany. She did not reply, " noona!" I slightly pouted. Tiffany was focusing on the television screen. Sunday dramas, that girl's favourite. Tomorrow is the first day of school. This means it has been a month since I started taking care of her.

Tiffany turned to Baekhyun as the advertisement started, "yushhhh?"

"Noona, i'm starting school tomorrow," I started, "take care of yourself okay! You're so clumsy, I can not with you." she gave me a glare.

"Since today's your last day, let me cook you something nice!" Tiffany switched off the television, ready to go.

"Who said today's my last day but a nice dinner sounds good!" I teased.

"You're still coming here after the holidays?"

"Yeah, duh. I'm free after school and I said I would not let you off unless you are healthy again right?" Tiffany kept quiet, thinking of something he does not know.

"Anyway, let's go!" I grabbed her's hand as I stood up.

"What. Wait. To where? For what?" she got cut off from her thoughts, now looking at me, eyes wide with curiousity.

"To the supermarket. You owe me a good dinner remember?" I winked and pulled her away.

Time seem to pass so fast. Two minutes later, it would be 0000 of my first school day. I am lying on bed, looking at the photos with Tiffany during that time. I saw a photo of us in the zoo when Tiffany was freaked out about the tiger that was in a cage and grabbed on to my hand everytime it comes close. Then I flipped to the next picture, where she was posing with me in front of the amusement park logo. She was dragging me around to all the scary rides and how I felt like dying the whole time. However, she got me a leopard hairband, " Run forward as fast as a leopard, Fearless Baekhyun." She used to say. I then flipped another page. This page, both of us took a selfie together, smiling like idiots. It was the first time I asked her out for an official date and she was laughing at how awkward I sounded instead of replying. I flipped another page and saw a photo of me, Luhan and Tiffany in front of Comfort Zone. Those times where Luhan was not all concentrated in training and we were not " enemies ". I miss those times. Luhan was my closest hyung, the one I go to when i'm in trouble. Talking about Luhan, I realised I did not see Tiffany talk about and to Luhan the whole time I was with her. I frowned. Somehow it seemed that it became just a one-sided love from Tiffany. Looking at my phone again, I realised it was time to sleep. I still have school tomorrow. After keeping the photos back to their original positions, I tucked myself in bed and drifted off to dreamland.

Tiffany's POV

I opened my eyes and peeked into the world. The sun was shining through my curtains and I could hear the bird chirping and chirping. How annoying, waking me up early in the morning. If Baekhyun did not have school, he would have opened my curtains and be jumping on my bed at nine sharp, waking me up. Rolling around my bed, I cleared my notifications on my phone. I walked out to an empty, quiet living room. Everything seems so monotoned without him. I staggered towards the kitchen, dragging my tired body. Nope, nothing nice to eat. I was about to skip breakfast when Baekhyun's voice echoed in my mind, " Remember to take your breakfast, noona! It's the most important meal of the day!" I then sighed, heading towards Comfort Zone, where free breakfast is at.

When I reached, both the girls stared at me in surprise. What were they doing in an empty cafe?

"Fany!" the next moment, I was overwhelmed with hugs and concerns.

"Did Baekhyun treat you well? "

" Why didn't you come and find us? "

" Have you been eating well? "

"Hold your horses, women! One at a time please." I stopped their chattering mouths before continuing, " I finally came here after a month plus and the first thing i get is all these chatters, oh my god." They laughed, dragging me to sit down.

" Damn, you look much healthier! " Taeyeon sighed in relief.

"Guess Baekhyun took really good care of you." Sunny smiled in relief.

"Do you think he still likes Fany? Oh god, such a loyal guy." Taeyeon asked Sunny, clasping her hands together.

"Awww, Fany has such a good man chasing after her!"

" Why don't you just accept him!" There goes the chattering again.

"I'm here for breakfast, real talk for later, I'm hungry!" Both of the girls stared at each other in huge awe.

"You eat breakfast?" both of them turned to me at once, mouth hanging.

"Yeah, don't you? Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and since you all won't bring me breakfast, I shall bring it myself." I stood up and walked to the kitchen.

They followed after me, eyeballing me in disbelief, " ohhhh! Someone has been brainwashed!"

I took the milk from the fridge and squeezed through them, "say thank you to Byun Baekhyun." We all laughed.

"Seriously, I didn't think he would brainwash you." Sunny walked back to the table, bringing her cup of juice.

"Talking about this subject, have that bastard replied you?" Taeyeon hit the jackpot. The room went silent. I brought my plate of breakfast and cup of milk to the table.

Biting on my slice of bread, I replied, " what do you think?" The both of them sighed.

 

I scrolled through my Twitter as I waited for Baekhyun to come home. I looked at the clock. He should be home around this time.. I walked out of the room, wanting to get a cup of water as I heard the door click open. He's home!

"Baekhyun!" I ran to the door to greet him.

"Hello, noona." he gave me a tired smile.

"My gosh, you look drained!" I cringed and spread open my arms to inciate a hug.

He hugged me and sighed, "feels like I'm back home!" I laughed and messed his hair lightly.

"Go rest a while before you start your homework okay? I'll cook lunch." I pushed him lightly to the guest room I decorated just for him. I went to the market to buy some ingredients to cook for lunch after i left Comfort Zone just now. I decided to make something light for him since it's already 2 plus in the afternoon.

I washed my hands and he walked out, home clothes and a towel in hand, "I'll bathe first!" I put on my apronand prepared to start cooking.

When I finished laying out the table, I entered the guest room to find Baekhyun. His head was on the table.

"Baekhyun?" I lightly called out. He stirred. He is probably sleeping. I sat down beside him and looked at him, "should I wake him up?" I looked around his table, filled with papers and textbooks. School must be really tough. I hesitated. Should I wake him up for lunch? He looks really tired. I saw him rubbing his eyes in his sleep, obviously annoyed at piece of hair that is tickling his eye. Slowly, I reached out and helped him hold that hair up. I looked for a pin or something to hold it up for him. When I looked back, he was already awake, staring at me.

"Whoops, did I wake you up? Sorry!" I looked at him, concerned.

He laughed, "it's okay, noona. How's lunch?"

"Yeah, it's done, wanna eat?" I rubbed my tummy, signalling to him I was hungry. To be honest, I was waiting for Baekhyun to reach home before I ate though I was starving.

Baekhyun laughed again, "waiting for me? Haha, let's go then. I'm starving too!" he pouted then pushed me out to eat lunch.

Although Baekhyun was here, the atmosphere was different. I could feel that he was struggling to keep himself awake. I felt really bad. Then I realised how well is Baekhyun treating me. He was here for me during my worst times and helped me up. While i'm here here, crazy over someone who would not even acknowledge my existence. Am i just stupid? I rolled around my bed, not able to sleep. Nights like this were usual. I took out the photo album in my bedside table and flipped through it. The first picture was a picture of Taeyeon, Soonkyu unnie, me and Yuri. It's a pity Yuri could not join us in running Comfort Zone anymore, it was her last year of school, she needed to study hard. She will probably be back after her exams. The next page were photos of me and Luhan hugging, kissing and holding hands. Luhan was really photogenic so the photos turned out well. Tumblr-like photos, Soonkyu unnie calls them. Then I flipped to another page, to the photo of Baekhyun, Luhan and I. When we were all still good friends. There was also a photo of Baekhyun and I together beside the entrance of the amusment park we went together on my birthday. He was wearing the leopard hairband I bought for him. I wonder if he still has it. Baekhyun then texts me, "noona, you better sleep soon, it's late," How did he know I was still awake. I replied him, "you should sleep soon too, you look tired and you have school tomorrow." With

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter