Chapter 2 ; The Series of Events

Street 99
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun's POV

I laid on my bed and rolled around. It was so boring during the holidays. Should I ask Fany noona out? I stared at my phone. Should I? Hesitating, I slowly reach out for my phone. Typing her number out, I carefully wondered if she would reject me like the last few times I asked her out. She was always with Luhan hyung since a month ago, after I went to the gym with her. She picked up her phone on the second ring. “Hello?" her chirpy voice was heard again. How much I liked hearing it. “Noona, do you have time today?” I played with my fingers, nervous for Fany noona’s response.

“Oh, sorry. I’m with Luhan for the day, Baekhyun.” She told me. Oh, as usual.

“ Oh, sorry then.” I frowned, a little furious. I have not met with her for a month already and every time I went to Comfort Zone, she was always not there. Taeyeon noona alway says she’s out. She’s always with Luhan hyung these days.

“But-“ her voice interrupted my thoughts, “ I’m free tomorrow, wanna hang out?”

“Why not?” I smiled to myself. Finally we were going to meet. What should I wear tomorrow? That was the first question that popped into my head as soon as we hung up. She was going to the movies with me, what type of clothes should I wear?  Casual or a cute style? I was really thrilled about the thoughts of being in the same movie theater with her.I wore a white t-shirt with a baseball jacket the next day, anyway. I threw on a black jeans and converse to complete the look. I took extra time to stlye my hair before heading out. I was supposed to pick her up from her house. I tidied my clothes a bit and took a deep breath before knocking on her door. As though she was waiting for me to knocked, she opened immediately. She looked as stunning as ever. She was dressed casually in a crop top and short pants. She had her hair down, letting the wind blow it over her face and giving her a goddess aura. She and I wore couple shoes unknowingly. A small sling bag hung on her left shoulder, she looks extra beautiful today. She smiles at me. She’s practically shining, light glowing around her. She dyed her hair black too, showing contrast with her milky white skin.

We were both walking down the streets of Myungdong when she mentioned about Luhan hyung. I asked her why she was with Luhan Hyung so much these days and she told me that he had a project at work and needed someone to do with him. I just shrugged. Like his ulzzang job would have any projects for him. I decided not to tell Fany noona anyway.

“Luhan told me about your clique, it’s so cool!” she giggles, talking about Luhan hyung once again. She has talked about him, since an hour or so ago. I only smiled. Perhaps she likes Luhan hyung already. I frowned. She must have seen it because she asked me what happened a few moments later. I just shook my head. “Tell me,” she squeezed my hands and stared at me, slightly frowning with worry.

“It’s just.. Noona, do you like Luhan hyung?” I asked her, staring. She gave me a curious look.

“Yeah, of course I do. Of course I like my boyfriend!”

“You and Luhan Hyung are dating?!” I gulped. Please tell me this is just a nightmare.

She enlarged her eyes, “you don’t know about it? He did not tell you?”

“Oh. Nope, congrats, noona.” I gave her a fake smile, watching her crease her brows in worry. What?! How exactly did he get her before me? Everything makes sense now. How she keeps rejecting my dates, how she keeps going out with Luhan hyung and how she keeps talking about him. I had a major mental breakdown inside of me. I was lucky a phone call came. It was Jongdae calling me to attend a meeting with them finally after a month. Not like I would want to meet Luhan hyung right now. He probably would smirk at me like ugh. I used that excuse to get away from Fany noona anyway. I needed some time alone.

I strolled towards the park alone. Sitting on on the swing, I swung really high, catching stares from the younger kids. 

“Hyung, can I sit on the swing?” a little kid asked me. I slowed down and looked at him. He looked back with puppy eyes.

I shot him a smile before giving him a death glare, “No.” He cried and ran away. I earned a glare from his mom but whatever. Not like I care anyway. I must have been there for long because I felt a familiar scent behind me. The familiar sound of heels clicking at a familiar rhythm was heard as I felt her sit on the swing beside mine.

“What happened?” it’s her.

I looked up at her, “What are you doing here?”

“Luhan told me you were not at the meeting. And after digesting those things I told you, I figured you probably come here.” she reasoned, lightly swinging. She looked like a goddess. Her perfume scent followed after her, the sweet floral scent. I have always loved her perfume. It is like her, sweet and everything nice. I looked away. “Still not over me?” I felt her looking at me. She understood the silence. It was mutal. “Sorry, I thought you were over me so I told you frankly. I thought Luhan would have told you already..” she sighed. The creaky sounds from the swings were the only things heard.

“Noona, what does he have that I don’t?” quietly, I asked her. I did not understand why Fany noona chose him. Everything he did, I did twice as much, put in twice as much effort as he did. Yet he still got her.

“Love can’t be forced. He just.. caught my eye, caught my heart.” She looked down, as though recalling how she got into a relationship with him.

“I will always like you, noona. I might not promise forever but it would be long before I can get over you.” I told her before standing up and walking away, leaving her to her thoughts alone. I feel really guilty doing this but I could stay there no more. I did not want noona to see me cry. I know it will hurt her and make her feel guilty. I want her to be happy. Lowering my head as tears fell like raindrops, I quickly walked home, muttering apologies to people I accidentally knock into. This was my life.

Tiffany's POV

Luhan called me a few days later, asking me out. Since Taeyeon unnie was not busy, I passed Comfort Zone to her and went to Luhan and I’s usual meeting place. He was dressed really causally. In a tee and jeans. He started the conversation with a serious tone, "noona, I entered an audition last month right?”

I nodded at him, “how did it go?”

“Well I got into the company.” he stirred his drink.

“That’s great!” I smiled at him. Shouldn’t he be happy?

“No relationships are allowed,.” he looked up at me. Slowly, I leaned back, rubbing the back of my ears. First Baekhyun now him?

“Are you mentioning a breakup?”

“No, of course not, noona. I’ll tell the company I’m single and I shall date with you secretly. That means no more dates.” he reasoned out, smiling at his own little idea.

“But Luhan, I-“

“No buts. That shall be it. It’s such an excellent idea." Why wasn’t he even listening to me anymore?

 

A few months passed. I was really proud of Luhan. He was the best trainee of all. He worked really hard singing, dancing and all. That also means he only replied my message once a day with a single word at a time. I tried not to be upset over it. He’s just really busy practicing, I would always tell myself. What’s the point of this relationship now? Sometimes I would ask myself that. There was no more sweettalking, no more I love you, no more hugs, no more kisses, no more dates and no more everything. I would always cover up the thought by dancing. Since Luhan went into the company, I started dancing madly. I would dance for the whole day if I could. Dancing was my only escape, the only way to make me stop thinking about him. Soonkyu unnie said I lost lots of weight. Yuri said it’s because of my extreme meals and extreme amount of dancing. I usually eat that little and dancing just makes me healthier. I don’t find wrong in that. I didn’t contact Baekhyun these days anymore. Plus, I didn’t see him around much. He did not come and visit me anymore after that day. I wonder where he was he?

 

Baekhyun's POV

I took a deep breath of the familiar air once again. It’s been a year since I was out of Street 99. Dropping all my luggage down once I reached home, I decided to take a stroll around Street 99. Lots of things have changed around here. New shops and all. Following where my footstep took me, I realized I reached an alleyway. Examining it closer, I realize it was the alleyway where I first rescued Fany noona. Walking back to the spot where I squatted down to take a closer look at her, I wondered what was she thinking at the moment, what would have happened if I was not there. Following my footsteps again, I found myself in front of the gym Fany noona and I went. Remembering that time when I almost nosebleed in front of her. The first time seeing her tummy made me dizzy. I passed that day without fainting, I should be happy. I was. Until I saw Luhan hyung in front of Comfort Zone. I asked him again if he liked Fany noona. I do not want to believe that he said yes twice. I was so depressed and worried that day. Without realizing, I reached the other side of the street, reaching the park. I sat on the swing once more. It feels so different after a year. Instead of disappointments and sadness, I feel longing and missing now. I did not want to wait anymore. Sprinting, I ran towards the place in my mind the whole entire airplane ride. Huffing and puffing, I stopped in front of it. Finally I was back here. Nothing has changed. Everything was the same. She was moping the floor. She slimed down so much. She looks so unhealthy right now. I frowned. Lots of things actually happened when I was gone. She turned around and saw me. She stared, as though she has never seen me before. How much I missed seeing her. Slowly, I walked towards the entrance. It was closed. But she came over and open it for me anyway.

“Bae-Baekhyun?” she asked me in disbelief.

I gave her a big grin, “that’s me!” Before knowing I was tightly in her embrace. As though choking me, she squeezed me really tight before letting go.

“Where have you been?” it was her first question. I liked it. I felt like she missed me and I liked that feeling.

“I was away in other parts of Korea to study, sorry for not telling you though.” I frowned.

“Geez. You should have told me, I thought you were mad at me!” she chuckled and led me to sit. “Want a drink?”

“No thanks, I did not bring my wallet with me.”

“It’s your first time in a year back here, it’s for free.” she walked towards the counter. I giggled. How much I missed her chirpy voice. She came back soon after. Her speciality was as yummy as ever. Both of us sat at a table and started talking about our lives for the year. Fany noona kept quiet when I asked her about Luhan hyung. I understood her. Being a trainee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter