Chapter 1 ; The Start of Something New

Street 99
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany's POV

I walked out of the practice room, body full of sweat after the dance class. Today, Narin and Kaeun was not paying attention again. But this time, I decided to just leave them alone and let them talk about how their new boyfriends kissed them and attacked their tongues. How fast are children these days progressing. When I was that age, I even found my dad’s kisses disgusting and perfectly avoided everyone of those kisses he tried to give me. I- 

My thoughts were cut off by the hand that was grabbing my wrist. Before I even get a chance to pull away, I was dragged into a dark, narrow alleyway.

“What.. what do you want?” I tried to avoid his sloppy kiss, aiming for my lips. It reminded me of my dad and I. Damn, I was really skilled.

“Didn’t I make it clear enough?” he smirked before aiming for my lips again for the second time. I dodged well again. For the third time, he used one of his hands and forcefully made my head stay in place. This time, there was no way to avoid anymore. I screamed for help as he crashes his lips, filled with alcohol against mine. I bit on his tongue and he pulled away then glared at me.

“I’m not interested! Go away!” I screamed at him. He shut me up with another sloppier kiss of his. I bit his lips again. Once again, he pulled away and glared at me. “No, go away! I said I’m not interested!” He was about to crash his lips onto mine once again when a loud voice could be heard.

“Stop before I call the police!”

The man finally ran away after being threatened to be reported to the police by the young man. My legs gave up and went jelly after that. I was left, sitting on the floor, looking at the deep red mark around my wrist.

“Are you ok?” he squatted down beside me as I rubbed my wrist.

“Yes, my wrist just hurts a bit.” I looked up at him. Wow, he sure is handsome.

“Do you need me to bring you to the clinic?” he looked at me with worry in his eyes.

“Nope, I’m fine.” I stood up and finally got to look into his eyes.

“Oh, sure. See you around then!” he left after smiling at me.

I looked at him walk away then remembered that I should probably rush home and take a shower after all these. I stood up, hand against the wall for support and walked home slowly. I kept thinking of the young man as I walked home. He was such a good and kind person. If I ever see him again, I should probably treat him to something nice or ask for his name. He seems young though. Would he even want to be friends or talk to me? I’m aging day by day. I’m starting to get wrinkles on my forehead or around the ends of my eyes. I totally should take care of my skin. I’m getting uglier by the days. Damn that Narin and Kaeun. But why am I even thinking of meeting him again. The world is so big. Unless he lives near Street 99 too. He said to see me around though.. Well, we’ll leave it to fate. I unlocked my door and took a step in. Home sweet home at last.

 

“Bye, unnie! I’ll be back around 2 or 3 hours later!” I waved to Taeyeon unnie before I walked out of the café, heading towards the practice room. Some of my ballet students waved to me and greeted me as they walked past, heading to the practice room too. They seem as happy as I am.  I smiled at Daeun. She is such a darling. She smiles throughout the whole ballet class including those hard times when everyone’s frowning. She went to visit me once too when I called off classes last minute since I was down with flu. I turned my head towards the left and saw a boy with purple hair walk past. I put my hand on the boy’s shoulder right away. I didn’t want to miss the chance although I was only half sure that he was the guy from yesterday night. He turned around. It was him.

“Oh, hi!” he greeted me with a smile.

“Um, thanks for helping me out yesterday. I thought that I should give something to you so I just wanted to tell you that there is a café I’m working in near the end of Street 99 called Comfort Area and if you go there and order drinks, there will be once where I’ll treat you. You can bring your friends there too if you want.” I smiled at him once I finished my long speech. He just nodded, still trying to take in the long string of information and told me he would probably visit it tomorrow after school with his friends. We then said goodbye. It’s such a coincidence that I met him today. He probably lives in Street 99 after all. Upon reaching my practice room, I shrugged off all the questions and guesses then put down my bag. Work first.

 

Baekhyun's POV

She smiled at me before she walked away. No one ever thanked me for what I did, this was quite new and overwhelming. She’s such a nice and kind women. She looks like my noona. But she should not be that old. She has a really pretty face and a model body figure. Probably a year or two older than me. She says she works in a café but everytime I see her, she seems like a dancer. There was a little girl beside her when she talked to me. She kept looking from me to her, from her to me. She was wearing ballet clothes, like the girl I saved. Probably her student. She looked sweet but the way she smiled looking from the girl to me was creepy. I should go and inform my friends about the café treat now. I wonder how does she look working in a café. Those baristas are really pretty when they prepare the drinks. The amount of concentration they use when they draw designs on top of the drinks. I always wanted to learn that. It’s so cool, drawing on top of your coffee.

I glanced at the time on the watch. Oh my. I must rush to my work. I will be late if I don’t. With that, I fastened my pace and walked over to the shop. Minseok hyung greeted me, slapping me hard on my back. I winced in pain as he pressed hard on that area, rushing me into the shop.

“Minseok hyung, since you’re so free, help me tell the others that there would be free coffee in a café tomorrow. I’ll bring you guys there after school.” I told him before he went off. He loved coffee, to bits. Minseok hyung was always free, roaming around Street 99. He picks up some girls sometimes. I averted my attention to my work. I needed to work now to get some money. I walked into the locker area and changed to my uniform. I was working in a shop as a salesperson and they wanted me to wear a gray t-shirt everytime I work. I personally find it ugly. It’s hard to find a pair of pants that suit that grey shirt. I tidied up my hair after changing then went out, ready to start a new shift of work.

 

I felt someone tap my shoulder.

“Go away, I’m sleeping.” I groaned and continued to sleep.

“Dude, class is over.” I sat up, rubbing my eyes.

“How long did I sleep?” I finally opened one of my eye and saw all the 5 of them was in my classroom, waiting for me. Suho hyung and Jongin were playing a game I don’t know about with their hands. Jongdae was sitting on the table next to mine while Kris hyung was looking at me from the back. “Get down, that table belongs to Narin.” I informed Jongdae and he got down right away. No one pisses the queenka off. Sitting on her table would definitely piss her off. I stood up after I could open my other eye and walked out of class. The others followed right away. 

“Where are we going, Baekhyun ah?” I heard Kris hyung ask me from the back.

“Comfort Area. Do you know where is it?” I lazily looked behind at him. Manners I learnt from elementary school. Once we walked out of the school gate, Luhan hyung and Minseok hyung joined us right away.

Those 6 boys are my best friends. Luhan hyung’s an ulzzang. He has such a beautiful face. He is 21 this year and works as a part-time model. However he gets paid a lot since any clothes on him are really popular among the middle school kids. The power of a model. I’m really jealous of him. Minseok is not an ulzzang but gets more girlfriends than Luhan hyung. Probably because of his cute baozi aroma that follows behind him. He is 21 too. Minseok hyung only works on weekdays during school hours. He prefer spending time after work hanging out with his girlfriends that attend school. Suho hyung is a kind and naive 19 year old guy. He attends the same school as Jongin, Kris hyung, Jongdae and me. Kris hyung is 19 too. He picks up girls as well. He hangs out too much with Minseok hyung. Jongdae is the same age as I am. 18. He has a cute face but a heavenly voice. Girls define him as a sweetheart. Jongin gets all the noona's hearts. He is 16 but definitely talented. He's the maknae.

We reached Comfort Area soon after. I pushed open the doors and I saw a bunch of girls chatting. When they saw us, they stopped and smiled at us. “Hi!” the 4 of them echoed. One of the girl lead us to our seats as the other three rushed behind the counters and continued chatting. The girl who led us to our seats seemed like the oldest among the 4 of them. “Kim Taeyeon” her nametag read. We all ordered all of our drinks.

“Woah, how did you know this café filled with pretty girls?” Kris hyung asked as he scanned the café. He pointed at the girl I saved immediately. “She’s hot.” She looked up and saw Kris hyung pointing at her. I hit hyung’s hand lightly and he took back, rubbing his hand. I smiled at her and shrugged. She smiled back and continued with her work.The café was really comfy but we were the only customers there. I guess this café was only for comfort purposes not money. But it was decorated beautifully. Seems like it costs a lot of money. The coffee was served by her. I read her nametag right away. I was curious about her name for a long time already. Tiffany Hwang. Nice name. Kris hyung started hitting on her as usual. 

“Nice to meet you.” I told her, starting a conversation.

“Nice to meet you too!” She changed her attention from Kris hyung to me.

“I’m Baekhyun. Thanks for the drinks!” I held my hand out for her to shake.

“Welcome! I’m Tiffany.” She shook my hands. Her hands was small, compared to mine. Her nails were really pretty too. It’s painted pink with glitters. Her friend came with other drinks a few moments later.

“Fany ah, can you help me with the designs? I need to help Taeyeon unnie.” her friend, Soonkyu told her. Tiffany nodded and went back to the counter.

“You actually shook her hand?” Kris hyung stared at me.

“Yeah. Didn’t you see it?” I looked at him sipping on my iced latte. He didn’t reply so I turned my head back to Tiffany.

She had her head down, concentrating on the drawing on top of the coffee. One of her hands was on the cup, moving it from side to side. Her other hand was holding a stick of some kind, making designs. Her red hair, tied up in a ponytail dangled at the right side of her face. Her fringe was held back by her left ear. She stood up after a while and brought the coffee to us. It belonged to me. It had a design of a leaf. The boys asked her a few questions like about her age and all. She told us she was 22 this year, older than all of them. She also told us she lived around Street 99 and worked around Street 99. Then they asked if she and I knew each other before today. It was counted that she didn’t know me but I wanted her to reply that we did.

“Yup, we did. He saved my life before.” her reply made the boys start wow-ing and clapping. I blushed lightly.

The guys finally let her go back to the counter when she said how me and her met. I took out a piece of paper and a pen from my schoolbag when she was gone. I scribbled some words onto it and folded it into a letter. The boys was too ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter