Our Great Escape #4

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

"Well…, we're here." I said as I parked the car. The girl looked at me with a confused look since she just woke up. "Come on, let's go." I said as I got out of the car.

 

 

I went to the back of the trunk to get her bag while the girl was rubbing her eyes. "Are you going to sleep right away?"

 

 

"I don't know." She shrugged. "Why?"

 

 

"It'd be great if you helped me pack my things." I said as I stepped inside the elevator.

 

 

"Okay. I'll help you." she said as she also got on the elevator.

 

 

 

 

 

I took out my keys and exhaled a big sigh before opening the door to my apartment. I was not sure how the girl would react after seeing my apartment since she lived in a big mansion her whole life.

 

 

She looked around the apartment and had no expression on her face.

 

 

"You must have been in shock over how bad my apartment looks compared to the mansion." 

 

 

The girl suddenly smiled. "No. Well, yes. I was shocked at first but I would rather live in a place like this. The mansion is too big and too cold. This place is nice and comfy."

 

 

"Well that's a relief." I was glad that my apartment didn't bother her. "I'll show you the bedroom now. I'll put your bag there. You could take out whatever you need and then you could go take a shower."

 

 

I led her to my room and placed the bag near the door. After doing that, I walked to my closet, opened it, pulled out my own bag, grabbed all my clothes, and then headed out to the living room so I could pack them all in.

 

 

I packed most of my clothes into my bag by the time the girl was done with her shower. I just needed to pack a few more clothes and then the rest of my belongings into another bag (which she said she would help me with).

 

 

"I'm going to go shower now." I told her when she came into the living room.

 

 

"Sure. Want me to do the rest?" she asked as she pointed to the remaining clothes that needed to be packed.

 

 

"That would be great." I said as I started walking to my bathroom.

 

 

I took my shower and when I finished I walked out and saw that the living room was dark. I assumed that the girl would be in my room and so I headed over there.

 

 

She was sitting on my bed when I entered the room. "I just ordered the tickets to America." she said with her laptop on her lap.

 

 

"Really? When are we leaving?"

 

 

"In two days. I'll help you pack the rest of your belongings tomorrow." she said as she closed her laptop and put it on the floor. She was getting ready to sleep.

 

 

I climbed on the bed to sleep as well but the girl glared at me.

 

 

"What? You promised me I could sleep in my own bed."

 

 

She still glared at me.

 

 

"Please, please, please, please." I pleaded with aegyo.

 

 

My aegyo didn't work and I ended up laughing at how pathetic I looked. I think I'm the only secret agent with this much aegyo.

 

 

She ended up cracking a smile when I started laughing at myself. "Fine. I'm going to hurt you if you do anything."

 

 

"Good luck with that. I'm a secret agent, you know. I doubt you can even touch me." I said as I smirked at her.

 

 

"DO YOU WANT TO SLEEP ON THE COUCH?" she threatened.

 

 

"No…"

 

 

She smiled. "Then shut up." She then turned away and used the whole blanket. At least it's better than sleeping on the couch. I tried my best to fall asleep but I couldn't. I ended up staring at the ceiling for a good five minutes before I let out a big sigh.

 

 

"Hey. You could use the blanket now." she said. She let me use half of the blanket for which I was grateful for.

 

 

I smiled at her before I faced the other way.

 

 

"Thanks." she said suddenly.

 

 

I turned around. "Hmm?"

 

 

"I just wanted to say thank you for everything." she said as she looked into my eyes.

 

 

I didn't know where she was trying to go with this but I appreciated how sincere she sounded. "You're welcome."

 

 

She gave me the most beautiful smile in the world before facing the other way. Living with her in America was surely going to be interesting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

When I woke up I found myself alone on the bed. Where did she go? I walked to the living room and saw the girl watching TV by herself.

 

 

"Good morning sleepyhead." she said. Sleepyhead? Did I really sleep that long?

 

 

"What time is it?" I asked her as I tried to straighten my messed up hair with my fingers.

 

 

"Eleven."

 

 

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

 

 

"Do you think I'm lying?"

 

 

I shrugged. "Maybe." She threw a miniature pillow that was on the couch at me but I dodged it. "Why didn't you wake me up?"

 

 

"I was going to but then I felt guilty. I wanted you to rest up after all that happened yesterday."

 

 

"Oh. Thanks." I said as I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. "Did you eat breakfast?"

 

 

"Yeah. I cooked for the first time." she said as she nervously glanced over at the kitchen.

 

 

I walked over to the kitchen and saw that it was a mess. I shook my head at her when I came back from the kitchen.

 

 

"Hehe. About that… Good thing we're moving to America tomorrow!" she said cutely.

 

 

I laughed and went back to my room to wash up first. 

 

 

The girl and I worked for about 10 hours before calling it a day. I packed up all my belongings in a second bag and managed to clean the whole apartment to the point where everything looked new.

 

 

"I'm exhausted." the girl said before she collapsed on the bed.

 

 

"You don't think I'm exhausted as well?" I asked before I collapsed on the bed as well.

 

 

"But I did more work than you." she argued.

 

 

"No you didn't." I argued back.

 

 

"Yes I did."

 

 

"Yeah right."

 

 

"I am right."

 

 

"No you're not."

 

 

"Yes I am."

 

 

"Aish I give up." I said as I turned my back to her.

 

 

"Ha!" she said as she poked my back.

 

 

"Go to sleep." 

 

 

"Fine."

 

 

 

 

 

We woke up early because our flight was in the morning. I cooked breakfast this time because I didn't want to clean up the mess that the girl would make if she cooked.

 

 

After we ate our breakfast, the two of us took our bags and walked to the door. I, however, stopped right at the door.

 

 

 

"What's wrong?" the girl asked.

 

 

"Just taking one last look at the place I called home." My eyes started watering a bit and I tried my best to not let the girl see my tears. It was pretty emotional for me. I realized that I was no longer a secret agent. All the memories I had as an agent started flashing up into my mind. The time when I first held a gun…, the time when I first shot someone…, the time when Mr. Han visited me in the hospital when I got hurt…

 

 

I sighed. "I'm ready to go now." I said to her.

 

 

She nodded and opened the door. I was ready for a new life in America. "Bring it, America." I muttered as I stepped out.

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________

 

 

So every one of the comments asked for me to continue their life in America so I'll be doing that in the next chapter. I might have to make a separate story for this... I don't know.. we'll see. Thank you to everyone who subscribed, upvoted, and commented.