A Clean Slate #2

A Collection of JongYoon Stories

Beware that this story is obviously fictional, but I tried to make it as realistic as possible. Please don't quote any of the interview responses said by the characters because they are made up. :)

 

 

 

 

 

Another morning without the sun. How long will this streak last? Why did his group always have to make comebacks during the early months of the year, when it was still winter? Being the romantic type, he always smiled to himself whenever he saw the sun in the morning, imagining that his future wife was next to him as they watched the sunrise. But not today, as he woke up to a sky with clouds covering the sun.

 

 

 

"What a great way to start the day before our comeback." he thought as he went into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

 

 

 

As Jonghyun closed his eyes while slowly brushing his teeth, a text message arrived and startled him.

 

 

 

Taeyeon: Wake up, sleepy head.

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Why are you texting me so early in the morning?

 

 

 

Taeyeon: You guys have to practice for your comeback, remember? It's tomorrow!

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Are you going to be my personal alarm clock now?

 

 

 

Taeyeon: No, I'm going to be your personal messenger. Meet me at the coffee shop near our company building when you're done with practice. Okay?

 

 

 

Jonghyun: Alright.

 

 

 

"Hyung, stop texting in the morning! Your ringtone is too loud!" Jungshin said as he poked his head in Jonghyun's room.

 

 

 

Jonghyun chuckled before closing the door in Jungshin's face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After SNSD and CNBLUE finished their practice session, Jonghyun and Taeyeon both hurriedly excused themselves.

 

 

 

"Unnie, where are you going?" Yoona asked as she saw Taeyeon sprinting out of the practice room as soon as their practice was over.

 

 

 

"Off to go meet a friend!" she said before giving Yoona a smile.

 

 

 

"You're not going to go home to wash up first?" Yoona asked.

 

 

 

"No, it's okay." Taeyeon said before walking away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hyung, where are you going?" Minhyuk asked as he saw Jonghyun sprinting out of the practice room as soon as their practice was over.

 

 

 

 

"Off to go meet a friend!" he said before running away.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After arriving at the coffee shop, he spotted Taeyeon sitting alone on a table with a drink. Her expression didn't seem too good; her texts in the morning didn't seem to be reflective of her current mood right now. Nonetheless, he still walked up to her.

 

"I find it weird that we're meeting like this. There must be something you have to tell me." Jonghyun said as he sat down.

 

"You still can't guess?" she said as she handed him his drink.

 

Jonghyun stared at her before he realized the meaning behind their secret meeting.
 


"Oh. It's about…" 
 


"Yoona. Yup." Taeyeon said as she cut him off. 
 


"Well… how's she doing?" he awkwardly asked.
 


"Not good."

 

Jonghyun looked up from his drink.

 

"Why not?"

 

"She's missing someone." she said while staring at him directly in the eye, as if she's hinting that the person Yoona needs is right in front of her.

 

Jonghyun looked back down, not knowing how to comprehend her words.



"And that's all I needed to say."



"That's it?" he asked.

 

"I figured my words would mean more if you heard it in person, and not through text." she said as she got up and left.



"What in the world is going on?" he thought. "Yoona needs me? Why would she need me? If she needed me, then she would have approached me first… So then why did Taeyeon noona talk to me first?" Jonghyun sighed. "This is so confusing. I don't know what to do."

 

 

Jonghyun drove back home and when he entered, he saw his group members in the living room sitting down.

 

"What are you guys doing?" he asked.

 

"Just practicing what we're going to do on variety shows." Yonghwa responded.

 

"Minhyuk found a person to imitate." Jungshin said excitedly.

 

"Who?" Jonghyun said as he sat down with s.

 

"Our manager hyung." 

 

"Can I see it?"

 

Minhyuk tried his best to imitate their manager, but Jonghyun didn't find it funny. Meanwhile, Yonghwa and Jungshin were cracking up.

 

"You don't think it's funny?" Minhyuk asked in disappointment.

 

"If you do the exact same thing tomorrow, then I'll probably laugh." he said while looking at the floor.

 

Yonghwa immediately knew what this meant.

 

"What happened today?" he asked.

 

"Taeyeon noona told me that Yoona needs me, but I don't understand why she said that and what she really means." Jonghyun blurted out.

 

"It means she misses you. But if I were you, I would completely break contact with her because she left you for another guy." Jungshin said.

 

"But I found it weird that Yoona would suddenly leave you for another guy since you guys were dating for quite some time. I don't think she's the type of person to do that." Yonghwa said.




Jonghyun just sighed and went into his room without saying a word.

 

 

After entering his room, he tried his best to sleep his stress away. After staring at his ceiling for a good 10 minutes in his effort to sleep, he kicked his blanket off of his body in frustration and went to his desk. Like he usually does when he can't sleep, he pulled out his notebook and began writing lyrics.

 

I toss and turn on this sleepless night,
an anxious night, endless night
All night, I want to be with you, my heart
heads toward you, sweet my love.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

On the day of CNBLUE's comeback, many expectant fans either personally went to see their all-live performance or stayed at home and watched the music show that they would appear on. Among these fans were the 9 group members of SNSD, who were bunched up together at the dorm as they were watching the music show. 

 

Female MC: What is one thing that CNBLUE "Can't Stop"?

 

Jungshin: Our activities are something we can't stop. Please look forward to CNBLUE in 2014.

 

Minhyuk: We will all be making appearances in dramas this year, so look forward to that as well.

 

Yonghwa: And also, I can't stop appreciating everyone's support to CNBLUE. So thank you.

 

Jonghyun: I can't stop my support and love for the nation's queen, Kim Yuna, even though she unfairly got a silver medal.

 

Yonghwa: Me too. Thank you for representing Korea at the Sochi Olympics.


 

"When he said Kim Yuna, that sounded way too similar to Im Yoona." Tiffany blurted out.

 

The other members excluding Yoona tried their best not to let out a smile.

 



 

A week passed since CNBLUE's comeback stage and now it was time for SNSD to have their comeback stage on Music Bank.

 

As the CNBLUE members calmly sat in their waiting room, a knock came on the closed door. CNBLUE's manager got up and opened the door.

 

"Good morning guys."

 

"Oh? Hello PD-nim." Yonghwa said as he bowed.

 

The other CNBLUE members greeted the Music Bank PD while bowing.

 

"What brings you here today?" asked Jonghyun.

 

"Jonghyun-shi and Yonghwa-shi were appointed to interview SNSD today. Here's your script. Good luck on winning number 1!" the PD said before leaving.

 

"Again?" the CNBLUE members asked at the same time.

 

"Are you okay about this hyung?" Jungshin asked to Jonghyun.

 

"Well, it's not like I have a choice." Jonghyun responded.

 

"Which means he's okay about this." Yonghwa said as he chuckled.

 

 

After the Music Bank PD went into SNSD's waiting room to deliver the news that they were to be interviewed by the two older members of CNBLUE, the people in the room stared at the two younger members of SNSD.

 

"Again? It's not like I'm against it or anything… but Yoona unnie.." Seohyun said as she looked to the left.

 

"Me? Don't worry about me. I'll just handle it professionally. Hopefully you can do that as well, Seohyunnie. You'll be reunited on screen with your boyfriend." Yoona said with a small smile.

 

Seohyun giggled before they were motioned over to start the interview.

 

 

 

 

"Hello viewers in Korea and all over the world, I am CNBLUE's Lee Jonghyun."

 

"And I am CNBLUE's Yonghwa."

 

"And we are here today to interview SNSD, who just recently made their comeback." 

 

"Hello, we are SNSD!" the 9 members brightly smiled as they said their introduction.

 

"We interviewed SNSD last year and we are interviewing you guys this year again. But can you guys tell me how SNSD has changed as a group in that one year?" Yonghwa asked.

 

"We've certainly matured as a group and also, we want to show the public a new side of us, which is why we went with this concept." Sunny said.

 

"The title of your song is 'Mr.Mr.'. Who is SNSD'S Mr.Mr?" Jonghyun asked as he glanced at Yoona.

 

Although it was Taeyeon's turn to speak, Yoona, while staring at Jonghyun, said, "Our Mr.Mr. is all our male fans that support and love us."

 

Taeyeon went with the flow and joked, "And to all our female fans, we might release a song called 'Ms.Ms.'"

 

After the sea of laughter died down, Yonghwa and Jonghyun concluded the interview.

 

 

Right after the interview was done, the two CNBLUE members went back to their waiting room without saying much words. As for the SNSD members, they were talking amongst themselves as they went back to their waiting room.

 

"Why did you suddenly interrupt Taeyeon noona?" Yuri asked.

 

"And why did you say "support and love" just like Jonghyun did last week?" Jessica asked.

 

"Do the words 'support and love' suddenly belong to him now?" Yoona said while walking a bit faster to their waiting room.

 

The other members exchanged glances with each other before staring at Yoona, who was ahead of the pack.

 

 

As mentioned earlier, Jonghyun and Yonghwa went back to their waiting room without saying much words. But once they were reunited with the rest of the band, that's when a conversation started.

 

"Yoona said something when she wasn't supposed to." Yonghwa said.

 

"I'm aware of that, hyung." 

 

"Oh, so that wasn't part of the script?" Minhyuk asked.

 

"Yeah, don't you find that weird how she talked when she wasn't supposed to?" the leader pondered.

 

"And she was staring directly at him." Jungshin said.

 

"Well I'm the one who asked the question so…." Jonghyun said as he grabbed his guitar. "Come on guys, we're up."



After CNBLUE finished their all-live performance, they hung around backstage since the closing stage would be right after SNSD's performance. Once SNSD finished their performance, all the groups and artists came up on the stage for the closing of the show. When it came time for the winners to be announced, CNBLUE unfortunately lost to Soyu and JungGiGo's "Some". The members of CNBLUE were still proud to be nominated, however, and promised to eat out with the staff working at FNC Entertainment in order to thank them for the hard work and effort that they put into their comeback.



Slowly, Minhyuk, Jungshin, and Yonghwa left the KBS building and so did the stylists, managers, and everyone else working with CNBLUE. But Jonghyun stayed behind to talk to TVXQ's Changmin, his friend in the Kyu-line.



"Sorry hyung, I have to go eat with the FNC staff and with my members." Jonghyun said after talking to Changmin for quite a while.



"Alright, but next time you have to eat with the Kyu-line members!" Changmin replied.



"Of course!" he said with a smile before saying bye to his friend.



As Jonghyun walked away, he took the elevator down to the main floor and when the doors opened, he walked out and headed toward the door. But a feminine voice stopped him from doing so right as he was about to exit.




"Hey, we need to talk."

 


_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for the long delay, but here's part 2 of "A Clean Slate". Oh and by the way, the lyrics that Jonghyun wrote down are part of his self-produced song, "Sleepless Night."